The Activity Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Activity Club

For the fans of Zack Morrison's webcomic Paranatural.

PortalHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Top posters
Erie, Man of Danger
General Off-Topic Discussion Topic - Page 9 Vote_lcapGeneral Off-Topic Discussion Topic - Page 9 Voting_barGeneral Off-Topic Discussion Topic - Page 9 Vote_rcap 
Wealthy Lord Asssprite
General Off-Topic Discussion Topic - Page 9 Vote_lcapGeneral Off-Topic Discussion Topic - Page 9 Voting_barGeneral Off-Topic Discussion Topic - Page 9 Vote_rcap 
Soroya123
NinjaKitten
Baron Von Aardvark
Spidey
Leo M. R.
W!tch
Westbrook
tylerouzts
Latest topics
» Chapter Seven
General Off-Topic Discussion Topic - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 20, 2021 10:11 pm by ThePyromaniac

» Hear me out... (BERG theory)
General Off-Topic Discussion Topic - Page 9 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 06, 2020 12:32 pm by janusjekyll

» Hello Activity Club
General Off-Topic Discussion Topic - Page 9 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 22, 2020 9:07 am by janusjekyll

» Non-specific Greeting
General Off-Topic Discussion Topic - Page 9 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 04, 2020 5:05 pm by Westbrook

» (slides in) Good Evening
General Off-Topic Discussion Topic - Page 9 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 03, 2020 4:51 pm by Clayview

» I shout into the void
General Off-Topic Discussion Topic - Page 9 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 03, 2020 4:49 pm by Clayview

Statistics
We have 325 registered users
The newest registered user is AL

Our users have posted a total of 14282 messages in 355 subjects
March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

General Off-Topic Discussion Topic

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 12 ... 16  Next
AuthorMessage
SoupScum
New Kid
SoupScum

General Off-Topic Discussion Topic - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: General Off-Topic Discussion Topic   General Off-Topic Discussion Topic - Page 9 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 01, 2016 6:52 pm

totaldbag wrote:
hopefully I'll see if soapscum will come back tomorrow maybe

Yoooooooo. I'm here. Kind of. Struggling with time.
Back to top Go down
NinjaKitten
Paranaturalist
NinjaKitten

PostSubject: Re: General Off-Topic Discussion Topic   General Off-Topic Discussion Topic - Page 9 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 01, 2016 7:34 pm

Heya, soup, welcome back! (For certain values of "back," that is.)

Time seems to be quite a valuable commodity. There's so little of it! We need a way to make some more. If we did, we might get rich!
Back to top Go down
Westbrook
Spectral
Westbrook

PostSubject: Re: General Off-Topic Discussion Topic   General Off-Topic Discussion Topic - Page 9 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 02, 2016 12:26 am

Problem Sleuth and Homestuck are made by the same person, Andrew Hussie. He made Jailbreak, Bard Quest, and Problem Sleuth, basically in the form of "suggest an action and I'll draw it". Homestuck started the same way but a little ways in Hussie basically said "you know what, I have better ideas, so I'm just going to take control of the entire story now" and then took it in crazy directions. Around that point was when Homestuck got really, really popular.

So yeah Problem Sleuth is super long, but it's a fun read. Homestuck is much, much longer, but if you ended up liking Problem Sleuth, you'd probably enjoy it.

NinjaKitten wrote:
P.S. Totally unrelated thing, but lately I've been practicing guitar (late at night, of course...) and I'm in the process of attempting to learn how to play "God Knows" from the anime "The Melancholy of Suzumia Haruhi." It is EXTREMELY difficult, to say the least. (At least, that really fast part in the beginning is.)
That is a great song. I used to listen to it quite a lot!

oh my god oh my god oh my god have you seen K-ON! please watch K-ON!
Back to top Go down
NinjaKitten
Paranaturalist
NinjaKitten

PostSubject: Re: General Off-Topic Discussion Topic   General Off-Topic Discussion Topic - Page 9 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 02, 2016 12:31 pm

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH K-ON! IS THE BEST! It's actually a part of the reason I play guitar.
Back to top Go down
Westbrook
Spectral
Westbrook

PostSubject: Re: General Off-Topic Discussion Topic   General Off-Topic Discussion Topic - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 03, 2016 1:23 am

AAAAAAAAAAA YES! That makes me so happy to hear. What a great show. So many great songs. I'm really glad it helped spur you to learn guitar!
Back to top Go down
NinjaKitten
Paranaturalist
NinjaKitten

PostSubject: Re: General Off-Topic Discussion Topic   General Off-Topic Discussion Topic - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 03, 2016 1:33 am

*continues to squeal excitedly; room fills with squeeing*

It's one of my favorite shows, I have to say. whenever I watch it/remember watching it, I also remember being in Sweden while it rained outside while sitting next to my dad, which is a very pleasant emotion for me since Sweden is very green, I like rain, and I also like my dad. Smile

We also watched "Strike Witches" while we were there, which is also a pretty good show, but they don't wear pants or skirts because their magical leg-propellers rip them to shreds.
Back to top Go down
Spidey
Spectral
Spidey

PostSubject: Re: General Off-Topic Discussion Topic   General Off-Topic Discussion Topic - Page 9 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 18, 2016 8:51 am

But guys, is a banana boat, a boat made OUT of bananas?Is it one big banana carved into a boat? Or just a boat carrying bananas?

I would like to beleive its one of the first two
Back to top Go down
NinjaKitten
Paranaturalist
NinjaKitten

PostSubject: Re: General Off-Topic Discussion Topic   General Off-Topic Discussion Topic - Page 9 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 18, 2016 11:29 am

I'd have to say a banana boat is made out of lots of small bananas. A boat banana, however, would probably be a huge banana carved into a boat shape.
Back to top Go down
howlingwolfonfire
New Kid
howlingwolfonfire

PostSubject: Re: General Off-Topic Discussion Topic   General Off-Topic Discussion Topic - Page 9 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 18, 2016 8:34 pm

Hey, decided to stop by for some more conversation xD

What are we talking about now? Banana boats?
Back to top Go down
PineapplePhone
New Kid
PineapplePhone

PostSubject: Re: General Off-Topic Discussion Topic   General Off-Topic Discussion Topic - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 19, 2016 12:48 pm

A boat banana would be very sticky. Not sure if that's the best way to travel.
Well I guess you could cover it in banana leaves, but still. After a while the leaves would get brown and crunchy and the boat would get brown and gooey. You're probably better off with a banana boat, whatever the situation.
Back to top Go down
https://www.instagram.com/pineapplephone/
NinjaKitten
Paranaturalist
NinjaKitten

PostSubject: Re: General Off-Topic Discussion Topic   General Off-Topic Discussion Topic - Page 9 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 21, 2016 1:41 am

But even if you had a banana boat, the bananas would still rot after a while, and so I think that you'd just be better off with a regular boat.
Back to top Go down
Spidey
Spectral
Spidey

PostSubject: Re: General Off-Topic Discussion Topic   General Off-Topic Discussion Topic - Page 9 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 21, 2016 9:54 am

But you can eat your boat until it rots, making it perfect for short trips
Back to top Go down
howlingwolfonfire
New Kid
howlingwolfonfire

PostSubject: Re: General Off-Topic Discussion Topic   General Off-Topic Discussion Topic - Page 9 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 21, 2016 9:58 am

Banana's are kinda gross tbh...but it would be cool to ride in a banana boat, I just wouldn't be able to eat it if I was on it.
Back to top Go down
Spidey
Spectral
Spidey

PostSubject: Re: General Off-Topic Discussion Topic   General Off-Topic Discussion Topic - Page 9 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 21, 2016 9:59 am

I actually hate bananas, so I mean, *I* wouldnt eat them, but someone else could
Back to top Go down
howlingwolfonfire
New Kid
howlingwolfonfire

PostSubject: Re: General Off-Topic Discussion Topic   General Off-Topic Discussion Topic - Page 9 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 21, 2016 10:02 am

That's true, although if it was a boat wouldn't it get all soggy and mushy quicker? Even if you like bananas I don't know if you'd eat it like that.
Back to top Go down
Spidey
Spectral
Spidey

PostSubject: Re: General Off-Topic Discussion Topic   General Off-Topic Discussion Topic - Page 9 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 21, 2016 12:12 pm

the inner bananas would be for tase, the thick group of outer bananas are for boyancy
Back to top Go down
NinjaKitten
Paranaturalist
NinjaKitten

PostSubject: Re: General Off-Topic Discussion Topic   General Off-Topic Discussion Topic - Page 9 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 22, 2016 4:17 pm

Who says a banana boat would even be able to float? I'm no master in physics and buoyancy, but I'm feeling a little skeptical at the moment, though... metal boats and wood boats float... and wood and metal are both denser than bananas, so I guess a banana boat would float, if it was constructed properly.
Back to top Go down
PineapplePhone
New Kid
PineapplePhone

PostSubject: Re: General Off-Topic Discussion Topic   General Off-Topic Discussion Topic - Page 9 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 22, 2016 4:29 pm

Well I'm fairly certain that individual bananas float, so you could construct a banana boat. However, without a banana to do tests on, I'm not sure about boat bananas.
Back to top Go down
https://www.instagram.com/pineapplephone/
NinjaKitten
Paranaturalist
NinjaKitten

PostSubject: Re: General Off-Topic Discussion Topic   General Off-Topic Discussion Topic - Page 9 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 22, 2016 5:14 pm

I think that you'd also have to do something to stabilize the banana boats and boat bananas, because whenever I recall a banana floating in water, it's always on its side, so I think it would fall over.
Back to top Go down
UniversalMonster
Seeing Shades
UniversalMonster

PostSubject: Re: General Off-Topic Discussion Topic   General Off-Topic Discussion Topic - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSat May 07, 2016 12:22 pm

Speaking of bananas, that's kinda how my life is right now!

What we currently have going on is that Wednesday some people are gonna be working on our hardwood floors in our apartment, and noone can be home while they work, including our cat! Then the day after, I have a doctor's appointment I need to go to.
Back to top Go down
NinjaKitten
Paranaturalist
NinjaKitten

PostSubject: Re: General Off-Topic Discussion Topic   General Off-Topic Discussion Topic - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSun May 08, 2016 6:10 pm

That does sound pretty bananas! If your cat is an outdoors cat, the stay-out-of-house thing shouldn't be too much of a problem, but is you cat an indoors cat?
Back to top Go down
UniversalMonster
Seeing Shades
UniversalMonster

PostSubject: Re: General Off-Topic Discussion Topic   General Off-Topic Discussion Topic - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSun May 08, 2016 6:45 pm

She's kind of an indoors cat, though there are times she tries to sneak out. We've got a cage for her, so what will probably happen is my mother will take the cat and stay over at a friend of her's place for the night.

I'd rather not go cause its pretty far out of town, and I'd have to deal with smoke in their house cause he's a smoker. So I'll probably just roam the town and be a temporary hobo until the people are done at 5pm. Most of the time I'll probably leech off of pubic wifi.
Back to top Go down
NinjaKitten
Paranaturalist
NinjaKitten

PostSubject: Re: General Off-Topic Discussion Topic   General Off-Topic Discussion Topic - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSun May 08, 2016 10:55 pm

Seems like a fairly frugal plan. If you have any parks in the vicinity, then they might be a nice place to be. I hope they actually finish on time, though. Once, we were having our house gassed for termites and whatnot, but they didn't finish when they said they would, so we couldn't go home that day. It was terrible!
Back to top Go down
UniversalMonster
Seeing Shades
UniversalMonster

PostSubject: Re: General Off-Topic Discussion Topic   General Off-Topic Discussion Topic - Page 9 Icon_minitimeMon May 09, 2016 2:14 pm

Yeah that does sound horrible. Really hope that doesn't happen to us.
Back to top Go down
NinjaKitten
Paranaturalist
NinjaKitten

PostSubject: Re: General Off-Topic Discussion Topic   General Off-Topic Discussion Topic - Page 9 Icon_minitimeMon May 09, 2016 3:40 pm

Best of luck to you!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: General Off-Topic Discussion Topic   General Off-Topic Discussion Topic - Page 9 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

General Off-Topic Discussion Topic

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 9 of 16Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 12 ... 16  Next