The Activity Club

For the fans of Zack Morrison's webcomic Paranatural.

PortalHomeCalendarFAQRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Top posters
Erie, Man of Danger

Wealthy Lord Asssprite

Soroya123

Baron Von Aardvark

NinjaKitten

Spidey

Leo M. R.

W!tch

Westbrook

tylerouzts

Latest topics
» Chapter Five
Mon Jul 31, 2017 1:26 am by NinjaKitten

» Monsters can draw too
Thu Jun 29, 2017 2:59 am by UniversalMonster

» The Great Wall of Photos
Tue Jun 13, 2017 4:59 am by PretenseAndPoison

» Other webcomics you read?
Mon Jun 12, 2017 12:39 am by NinjaKitten

» Horror Games
Sun Jun 11, 2017 4:07 am by NinjaKitten

» General Off-Topic Discussion Topic
Wed Jun 07, 2017 10:02 pm by NinjaKitten

Statistics
We have 291 registered users
The newest registered user is brideofwinter

Our users have posted a total of 14078 messages in 339 subjects
August 2017
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Share | .

The Paranatural Forum RPG (Experiment Run)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 22 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Baron Von Aardvark
Paranaturalist

PostSubject: Re: The Paranatural Forum RPG (Experiment Run)   Wed Jun 12, 2013 5:16 pm

You told us it gives you power-ups, but that doesn't explain much. Combining abilities for better results is an important part of spectral work, so we need to know specifically what you can do. If you really don't want to talk about it that's fine, but I'd really appreciate it if you explained.
Back to top Go down
Spidey
Spectral

PostSubject: Re: The Paranatural Forum RPG (Experiment Run)   Wed Jun 12, 2013 7:04 pm

Chase groans slighty and pulls out the controller he was lucky to remember. "My tool upgrades my stats, at the cost of my intelligence, (he pauses to wait for the obvious incoming joke) I can increase my strength speed or any othe characteristic (he gives the basic run down leaving out the info about cheat codes). and there you have it." He slumps a little in his chair and goes back to enjoying his coffee.
Back to top Go down
Wealthy Lord Asssprite
Paranaturalist

PostSubject: Re: The Paranatural Forum RPG (Experiment Run)   Wed Jun 12, 2013 7:24 pm

Not control. You show me a lake, all I can do is swim across it in twenty minutes. Maybe fourty for a  big lake... Anyways, yeah, its conjuration, not control. Important distinction.

Ryan waited for Chase to respond because he was busy thinking about his cool water powers instead of talking.
Back to top Go down
Baron Von Aardvark
Paranaturalist

PostSubject: Re: The Paranatural Forum RPG (Experiment Run)   Wed Jun 12, 2013 8:10 pm

There can be some control if I'm involved. Just tell me what you want done with it. Wink

I could probably also freeze or evaporate it if you wanted, but it wouldn't be easy. At the very least, though, I could turn a blast of water into a giant icicle. That would be pretty cool. Freezing things is easier than heating them up, because all you need to do is hyper compress whatever it is for a second so the molecules can't move at all and it will freeze instantly.
Back to top Go down
Soroya123
Paranaturalist

PostSubject: Re: The Paranatural Forum RPG (Experiment Run)   Wed Jun 12, 2013 8:34 pm

"We should have a plan in case something goes wrong and we have to fight the spirit." Jeanine said "Perhaps we should have an attack plan?"

•Click to view•

Spidey
Spectral

PostSubject: Re: The Paranatural Forum RPG (Experiment Run)   Wed Jun 12, 2013 9:18 pm

Chase's eyes lit up when he heard the word "Plan". He instantly stood up and faced the group, "Well, My abilities are based purely on physical power, so the only other strong suit I have is my mind, and this is where it comes into play". He points at Oliver and looks at him "Just about anything we could throw at the spirit could be amplified by his telekinesis, and since he can manipulate more than a few things at once he could be a key player from the background, anything we cant dodge and he can yank us out of the way, that's a very valuable asset that we wouldn't want lost." He outs his hands in a sort of "i know i know" fashion, "but I'm thinking only in fighting mode,  we could also, and im sorry for trying to tell you what to do Oliver, but we could also have a few of us try to converse with the spirit and if things get too dicey have Oliver get us out of there. This is all up to you guys though so tell me what you think." As soon as Chase is done speaking, the fire in his eyes dies and his face changes back to that of a calm , maybe even depressed gaze.
Back to top Go down
Baron Von Aardvark
Paranaturalist

PostSubject: Re: The Paranatural Forum RPG (Experiment Run)   Thu Jun 13, 2013 12:02 am

I think you've found Chase's talent, Jeanine. I suppose we should keep in mind that he's an enthusiastic tactician.

Now, I actually had an idea of my own. I happen to be rather skilled at the creation of spectral objects, so I could conjure up some dangerous implements for Arthur to shoot from his wallet. Spears, throwing knives or shuriken, or maybe a few crescent blades.
As he says this, he swirls his hands around and conjures several menacing looking weapons from his spectral energy. 

Since they're not made of actual mass, maybe they wouldn't take up any space in your wallet? Either way, it'll be good to have some actual weaponry to shoot if it's needed.

Oh! And Jeanine, my powers can handle a lot more weight than your hands can. If you give me a twenty ton, four story pair of scissors, I will cut something in two with it. That's just an example though, what I mean is that I can make your sewing implements fly around and do stuff, even if it's absolutely huge.

And Iris, I can build a staircase of spectral energy blocks for you if you need to teleport somewhere high up.

I suppose what you should take from this is that you're right, I'd probably do better in a support role. I can also be the weapon of last resort, though, since with my martial arts I can take down any human sized or smaller spirit so quick it would shock you, and can restrain or cause great pain to larger ones with my tool's power.
Back to top Go down
Wealthy Lord Asssprite
Paranaturalist

PostSubject: Re: The Paranatural Forum RPG (Experiment Run)   Thu Jun 13, 2013 2:04 am

Well, you know, I could always set it to below a hundred kelvins and not give it any non-natural properties. Itd freeze on its own pretty much immediately, and I could have it spray or fall on something while it does. Heck, I could even make it freezing rain. I should try that out sometime... The main thing is that once i launch an attck, I cant take it back. Stay out of my way or you will probably die.

And I'd rather have a plan of retreat than attack. Im pretty sure we dont get paid if we juice this particular lemon. Even if we do have to fight, we should stick to confinement. Your sewing kit has string and thimbles and stuff, right? We could tie it up and stick a heavy giant thimble-cage on it, and then I guess something under it to prevent it from escaping to the down. Chances are since its got some comnection to the land it wont be even remotely stoppable when it comes to violent rampages unless we force it to leave.

So what Im hearing is that Nerdlinger is our leader, despite being the youngest and also the newest spectral? And Jackie Chan is on the rear lines even though he has the strongest ability of all of us. Well, if I wasnt hoping to avoid battle before, I am now.
Back to top Go down
Soroya123
Paranaturalist

PostSubject: Re: The Paranatural Forum RPG (Experiment Run)   Thu Jun 13, 2013 2:44 am

Yes, I do have a thimble, I suppose that would work but the downside of that is that I have to be in a certain range of at least 20 feet. If the spirit is raging we would have no idea when it would calm down, that could mean a possible stakeout for me which I would not be happy about. Also Chase has a very valid point about Oliver's abilities and using them for support rather than assault. If we were to allow Oliver to be the spearhead of assault the result would be the elimination of the spirit. Perhaps I phrased incorrectly, but I was not referring to complete defeat of the spirit, mor subduing, so that it does not destroy us. I myself, though not particularly active, am extremely capable if wielding spectral energy. Perhaps not to the same extent as Oliver but close enough, so please do not underestimate the rest of our abilities, especially Chase. Though he is a new spectral he has great  potential. If you haven't noticed by now, he has been observing all of us in an analytical manner and by now I'm sure he has figured out more about us then we have let on. Do not underestimate the no spectral abilities he possesses. 

Sorry if this sounds a bit off and aggressive, I/Jeanine means it the kindest way not in an über aggressive over powering attitude. 

•Click to view•

Wealthy Lord Asssprite
Paranaturalist

PostSubject: Re: The Paranatural Forum RPG (Experiment Run)   Thu Jun 13, 2013 2:57 am

Basic levels of observation arent exactly going to wow me, Librarian. It doesnt matter how enthusiastic a tactician Nerdlinger is, hes a hermit, a baby, and a newbie all rolled into one. He doesnt possess a single prerequisite for capable leadership, aside from drawing up battle simulations. You need to be able to deal with everyone under you without fear, and you need to have your orders understood and followed. I dont think Ive even seen him look at a girl without getting visibly anxious yet. Additionally, you need experience at what youre doing, or youll make nothing but bad calls, and everyone will end up dead. Besides, if he has to sacrifice intelligence to be useful in battle, he wont be able to make good decisions, and if he keeps his mind, we will all have to protect him. In any case, planning for battle without knowing the enemies strength and combat style is worthless. Better to just feel it out most of the time. Cant do that if you have to disengage your brain in order to make your muscles move. And Im certain that if you are unwilliing to place your thimble you could get help from Jackie or the brat. Launch it small and grow it in midair, or grow it and move it... Simple stuff. Anyways, if anyones gonna be bait, it ought to be Mom. She cant be trapped. You saw her use her powers earlier, right?

Ryan isnt even thinking about Chases feelings here. At all.
Back to top Go down
Plattrom
New Kid

PostSubject: Re: The Paranatural Forum RPG (Experiment Run)   Thu Jun 13, 2013 10:19 am

Iris steps a little bit closer to the conversation after hearing the mention of using her powers earlier.

I suppose in theory, I can't. Not sure I'm too willing to take that risk, though. But I do agree with Ryan about knowing what you're fighting. There's no sense in doing all this preparation if it turns out not much is going to work as well as we planned. I'm not sure how we'd go about doing that, but it's an idea.
Back to top Go down
Spidey
Spectral

PostSubject: Re: The Paranatural Forum RPG (Experiment Run)   Thu Jun 13, 2013 10:31 am

Chase turns to Ryan with a look that looks, almost like respect "You're right, but there is a difference between discomfort and fear, groups are susceptible to mob mentality, all it takes is one to rile them up, just because I actively avoid groups does not mean i fear them , i prefer solitude , but even I know certain things cannot be done by one's self, furthermore as im sure you know, basic observation skills or not, you never reveal your hand too early, and underestimation is a mortal folly." Iris makes a statement to which has no real answer "Iris are you saying we should observe the spirit first or something?"
Back to top Go down
leviatron
Seeing Shades

PostSubject: Re: The Paranatural Forum RPG (Experiment Run)   Thu Jun 13, 2013 12:30 pm

asssprite and soroya what were you two doing up until three in the morning?

Arthur steps back into the corner of the room, and as he does so, snatches the bar of soap back out of Ryan's pocket, "...my special soap..." he mumbles to himself, barely audible, even to him.
Back to top Go down
Baron Von Aardvark
Paranaturalist

PostSubject: Re: The Paranatural Forum RPG (Experiment Run)   Thu Jun 13, 2013 1:03 pm

Keep in mind that I suggested we use Chase as a tactician, not a leader. He has the brains, but he's lacking the charisma and the experience. In addition, he ideally won't have to do the planning on the fly, so sacrificing intelligence in battle won't be a hindrance. If really necessary, Jeanine or I can keep him safe for a decent amount of time in the midst of battle using our abilities. I'm also hesitant to declare myself the leader, despite being the oldest, if only because I have a strong distaste for giving orders. I don't think Ryan would work either, because he's likely to have trouble getting some of us to follow his orders. Jeanine, Arthur, Iris... would any of you like to try and make case for your capabilities as a leader? Or do we have to reexamine the options I've already eliminated?

Also, I still support the idea of putting myself in the back lines. My ability has more... erm, range than most; so I can be useful from a combat perspective even while standing back and supporting the team. Besides, you would... 

Oh. uh. Nevermind.

Oliver smiles, and awkwardly tries to pretend that didn't just happen. His thoughts are now mostly devoted to hoping nobody asks him to elaborate.
Back to top Go down
Wealthy Lord Asssprite
Paranaturalist

PostSubject: Re: The Paranatural Forum RPG (Experiment Run)   Thu Jun 13, 2013 3:05 pm

Oh, you know, this and that.
I can't imagine any of those passive fools being our leader. If you won't do it, then I will take charge. This is only one peaceful mission, anyways. If we are to do recon, I will handle it personally. Frankly, if this were straight up battle, the only people I'd need would be myself and Mom, because shes the safest choice for luring it off its land. If I were to use all of you, though, our front liner would probably be Librarian, who would load her arsenal into Brat's wallet, and Mom, who would focus on distracting the spirit and dodging attacks, and also Nerdlinger, who would be useless from anywhere else. Me and Jackie would be mid-liners, and Brat would be in the rear. And, Jackie, I didn't expect you to be such a coward, pushing so hard to stay in-back. I suppose you don't make it to seventeen by taking risks in this buisness, hm? Let me guess, the thing you were about to say was something like "Besides, you would go down first, and I could get out alive.", wasn't it? Of course, this is all completely hypothetical, so it doesn't matter. Chances are we'll just be washing away some pesticides, really. Maybe feeding the spirit a little.
Back to top Go down
Baron Von Aardvark
Paranaturalist

PostSubject: Re: The Paranatural Forum RPG (Experiment Run)   Thu Jun 13, 2013 8:49 pm

Look, if it's just between you and me then I have no choice to take charge. I don't think I could stand taking orders from you when you speak like that. If you're going to give people advice about leadership, take your own and try to make people want to be lead by you.

Anyway, I'm pushing for the back because it's where I think I'd be most effective. Nothing else. Like you, I don't plan on having to fight it. If I'm going to telekinetically flinging you all out of danger at the last moment, it's better if I can see all of you. It's... easier that way. Otherwise, your plan of action sounds mostly acceptable, although surely Jeanine should keep at least a few of her implements on hand.

And finally, that is not at all what I was about to say and I'm fairly sure you know that. You definitely don't live to be a seventeen year old spectral if you go around casually betraying your friends. It was about a small caveat that I'd be rather adverse to talking about right now.

He really would be adverse. You probably won't be able to drag it out of him unless you really push.

Now I want to see Ryan and Oliver duke it out. We need this sort of inter-team rivalry, although I don't suppose this conversation is making either of us look good to the others.
Back to top Go down
Spidey
Spectral

PostSubject: Re: The Paranatural Forum RPG (Experiment Run)   Thu Jun 13, 2013 9:37 pm

Well, since no one person here is a beacon of truth justice and the american way." Chase snickers at this, "why don't we just elect two co leaders or something? not to mention both Jared and . . .Pepper aren't here yet, and they have just as much say as we all do, you guys can both argue after i get my tool rechar- I mean after we figure out whats wrong with the spirit."

His controller vibrated with laughter "looks like you're talking now huh?" GC said in unison and he pressed the select button, slightly annoyed, it seemed it worked as a mute button for GC.
Back to top Go down
Baron Von Aardvark
Paranaturalist

PostSubject: Re: The Paranatural Forum RPG (Experiment Run)   Thu Jun 13, 2013 9:54 pm

Look, I'm going to sit down in that comfy chair over there and go into conference with my spirit. If you need anything, knock twice on the wall next to me. If you need anything urgently, just knock as many times as you can. I'll see you in a bit, I guess.

Oliver sits in the chair, puts on his glove, and knocks on the wall once. His eyes then begin to glow, and he completely zones out. However, he remains motionless for several seconds until it becomes clear that he probably doesn't intend to move.

What he's actually doing is abusing time warping caused by spirit conference to fit several hours worth of meditation into the next few minutes. He kinda needs to calm down. Smile
Back to top Go down
Soroya123
Paranaturalist

PostSubject: Re: The Paranatural Forum RPG (Experiment Run)   Fri Jun 14, 2013 1:48 am

Jeanine stands rather awkwardly for a few seconds before swinging her bag of her shoulders and pulling out a giant bag of chips saying Anybody want some?

•Click to view•

Wealthy Lord Asssprite
Paranaturalist

PostSubject: Re: The Paranatural Forum RPG (Experiment Run)   Fri Jun 14, 2013 3:42 am

Oh, what flavour? Ryan grabs a paper plate and piles some chips on it, then sits on the arm of Olivers chair to eat them, crunching loudly and getting crumbs on him. He gets jealous of people who dont think of spirit conferences as battles. Really tough battles without any spirit powers, even. Anyways, electing two leaders would defeat the purpose of leaders, and electing one is pointless, since this is a one-time collaborative mission. After this we're just several high-school aged spectrals living in the same dumb town.
Back to top Go down
Baron Von Aardvark
Paranaturalist

PostSubject: Re: The Paranatural Forum RPG (Experiment Run)   Fri Jun 14, 2013 1:29 pm

Oh, the irony.
Back to top Go down
leviatron
Seeing Shades

PostSubject: Re: The Paranatural Forum RPG (Experiment Run)   Fri Jun 14, 2013 8:26 pm

"i'll take some, b-but only if there sour cream and onion" Arthur then launches a small pack of paper towels out of his wallet, as well as two juice boxes of lemonade, one of witch he balances on top of olivers head for when he comes out of his trance."but on the subject of leaders, i sort of have to agree with ryan, it would be easier to just not have one instead of co-leading, or choosing on one leader"
Back to top Go down
Plattrom
New Kid

PostSubject: Re: The Paranatural Forum RPG (Experiment Run)   Fri Jun 14, 2013 10:17 pm

I don't think having no "team leader" is such a great idea. After all, if two of us get in an argument, it'll be much easier to have someone make a ruling on it than hope those two can resolve it. And from what you guys have displayed here, I can tell that we probably won't go this whole time without some kind of disagreement.
Back to top Go down
Soroya123
Paranaturalist

PostSubject: Re: The Paranatural Forum RPG (Experiment Run)   Fri Jun 14, 2013 11:06 pm

I'm going with Iris on this one, as we do seem to have conflicting ideas, sooner or later there will be an extreme escalation. If not a team leader than maybe a peacekeeper of sorts? 

And don't worry Arthur, I have a second, but smaller, bag of chips that are sour cream and onion. The first bag is barbecue. 

•Click to view•

Erie, Man of Danger
Paranaturalist

PostSubject: Re: The Paranatural Forum RPG (Experiment Run)   Sat Jun 15, 2013 1:33 am

Message from Montana

Hey, I am currently at a place where internet is available and have stopped for a couple of days. Observation, don't trust hotel showers, the water changes to the opposite temperature that you want it to be.

Yay, Ryan is sooooooo going to regret tempting fate by basically saying 'this is going to be easy.'

Also, to clarify something I've noticed, tool's/medium abilities don't actually grow per say. It is more the user gets better with the tools at hand. Take Ryan's tool's ability to hold water, he might be able to hold more water later, but if it does, it is not the space that is holding it that gets larger, Ryan is getting better at packing it into the same space. Same thing with Olivers tool, it didn't get stronger, Oliver got better controlling and refining the power, which would make a lot of difference considering the nature of it.

P.S. I'm not sure yet if I like or hate the redesign for the post writing box (Technical term?)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Paranatural Forum RPG (Experiment Run)   

Back to top Go down

The Paranatural Forum RPG (Experiment Run)

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 5 of 40Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 22 ... 40  Next