The Activity Club

For the fans of Zack Morrison's webcomic Paranatural.

PortalHomeCalendarFAQRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Top posters
Erie, Man of Danger

Wealthy Lord Asssprite

Soroya123

Baron Von Aardvark

NinjaKitten

Spidey

Leo M. R.

W!tch

Westbrook

tylerouzts

Latest topics
» Isabel can only be on good terms with one friend at a time
Yesterday at 6:02 pm by Connorses

» Chapter Five
Sat Oct 21, 2017 12:04 am by NinjaKitten

» Other webcomics you read?
Sat Oct 21, 2017 12:02 am by NinjaKitten

» I have a lot to talk about...
Sat Sep 09, 2017 1:58 pm by PretenseAndPoison

» Monsters can draw too
Thu Jun 29, 2017 2:59 am by UniversalMonster

» The Great Wall of Photos
Tue Jun 13, 2017 4:59 am by PretenseAndPoison

Statistics
We have 297 registered users
The newest registered user is apatheticsock

Our users have posted a total of 14091 messages in 341 subjects
October 2017
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Share | .

The Paranatural Forum RPG (Experiment Run)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 20 ... 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Soroya123
Paranaturalist

PostSubject: Re: The Paranatural Forum RPG (Experiment Run)   Sun Aug 04, 2013 5:12 am

Jeanine looks over the town then says I say we go in now while there is a bit of light. We could use conference time to check around and move from place to place. Keep in sight with at least one other person. If that sounds okay, if not feel free to interject.

•Click to view•

Erie, Man of Danger
Paranaturalist

PostSubject: Re: The Paranatural Forum RPG (Experiment Run)   Mon Aug 05, 2013 1:09 am

...........I can't do an update now since I have received only one post.Crying or Very sad 

What happened guys?
Back to top Go down
leviatron
Seeing Shades

PostSubject: Re: The Paranatural Forum RPG (Experiment Run)   Mon Aug 05, 2013 3:19 pm

arthur puts his PSV away and says "yeah im ready whenever"
Back to top Go down
Erie, Man of Danger
Paranaturalist

PostSubject: Re: The Paranatural Forum RPG (Experiment Run)   Tue Aug 06, 2013 1:11 am

I am still unable to do a gm post due to lack of posts.
Back to top Go down
Baron Von Aardvark
Paranaturalist

PostSubject: Re: The Paranatural Forum RPG (Experiment Run)   Tue Aug 06, 2013 1:49 am

Sooner is better. We don't know what the consequences of leaving Alice with that thing for any longer would be. And besides, this town looks to have terrific terrain for climbing practice; and that really just isn't safe in the dark.
Back to top Go down
Soroya123
Paranaturalist

PostSubject: Re: The Paranatural Forum RPG (Experiment Run)   Tue Aug 06, 2013 3:29 am

Jeanine nods her head. Let's do some conference hopping then? Be careful to avoid contact with people, we don't know who's possessed or not, and lets cover as much ground as we can while there is still light. Spread out as far as you can, but try and stay in sight of someone. If you are heading away from everybody else, message all of us so we know where you're going. If you see either of them send up a spec shot. One means Alice, two means the hand and we'll head over right away. If two separate spec shots go up head to the one nearest you. If you find Alice, I say knock her out and get her out of range of the hand. Take her out of town and stay by her. If you can, I'd say take her back to my place. If you can't get as far away from the town as possible. The hand will probably head after her so I'd say call in where you're headed. Let's move. Jeanine's eyes glow after she finishes talking and she zips across to the town into a near by alley and texts back "All clear here."

•Click to view•

Erie, Man of Danger
Paranaturalist

PostSubject: Re: The Paranatural Forum RPG (Experiment Run)   Tue Aug 06, 2013 4:24 am

As soon as you cross the border into the town, you feel a strange sensation, as if you are stepping through something. Pepper turns around and puts her hand out and air seems to ripple as she places it on some invisible barrio. "Umm, guys. I don't think We are getting out the same way we got in."

She rubs her hand over the invisible wall, then leans down and picks up a rock and throws it at the barrier. The rock sails through unimpeded. "Yup, definitely some kind of supernatural barrier. I got a bad feeling that this wasn't made by anyone or anything friendly. I think we should be very careful, there might be more than the hand at work in this town.

You all spread out, trying to conference a bit to make speedy travel, but you find out that it is actually more difficult as this is the first time you all have tried to spam it in rapid succession and navigate in it. The world is distorted in conference making it harder to navigate, and some things are there that aren't in real life and some things aren't there that are in real life, but you avoid an major incident. The act is also severely tiring. It also is draining and annoying to your spirits as it requires their aid.

Pepper does not follow in your example, choosing to remain outa conference, but sneaks quite well.

The town streets are quite empty at this time of day, peoples houses are lit from the inside as people are most likely still moving about or eating a late supper. The grass is quite soft under your feet and covers most of the town and goes into the alleys.

There lies about five options of where to go in the town. There are four roads of unpaved street gravel, one leads to higher elevation and more rural housing. Two and relatively the same elevation, one following the train tracks and the stopped train, the other leads to larger and more packed buildings, most likely leading to the town center.  THe last road goes down hill and around a corner leading to an unknown area. The last option would be to follow the small fence that goes around the town in both directions, staying out of the street.

(Hint: Pick a path, regroup, try to examine the barrier more, examine the train, go into buildings, or start wrecking the town in a rampage.)
((Comments: The hand is the least of your worries now.))

I want to say this about the conferences (I'm actually surprised non of you tried to use them against the momticores.) As a check to the advantage a conference can give and as an explanation why it isn't used in any battle in the comic yet, (until I'm probably corrected by it) conferences are exhausting in rapid succession and take at least a couple of seconds to initiate. They also have a chance in a combat situation to fail. I also like to point out that it to your spirits, it is like someone constantly ringing your doorbell, and you having to let them in, only for them to quickly walk out, shut the door, and start ringing again.
Back to top Go down
Soroya123
Paranaturalist

PostSubject: Re: The Paranatural Forum RPG (Experiment Run)   Tue Aug 06, 2013 5:05 am

Jeanine, breathing a little heavily, looks around at the options. She messages Pepper [color:3112=33ff33]"Mybe txt Melissa where we are, what we are doing and if we don't message back in an hour then she should let somebody know what's up." She presses send, thinks a bit then sends a message to everyone "I see five options of exploration. I think we should each take one Anybody got a preference? I'll take the uphill one if nobody minds."

•Click to view•

Baron Von Aardvark
Paranaturalist

PostSubject: Re: The Paranatural Forum RPG (Experiment Run)   Tue Aug 06, 2013 7:03 am

Oliver follows suit and sends a text to the whole group.

Actually, there's one thing I want to clarify before we head off. Pepper, do you know exactly what Alice's power is? If we're gonna end up being attacked by her, it would be handy to know. I understand she's capable of self-repair, but beyond that I have no idea what she does.

Oh, and I'll take the road towards the center of town.
Back to top Go down
Erie, Man of Danger
Paranaturalist

PostSubject: Re: The Paranatural Forum RPG (Experiment Run)   Tue Aug 06, 2013 1:45 pm

Pepper texts back. I do not know, yesterday was the first time I have seen her in roughly 7 years. For all I know, she could have learn Kumate or Ninjistu.
Back to top Go down
Soroya123
Paranaturalist

PostSubject: Re: The Paranatural Forum RPG (Experiment Run)   Tue Aug 06, 2013 3:10 pm

Jeanine texts back "Let's try to keep some distance then. I'm going up. I'll txt back in ten if nothing happens. "

•Click to view•

Spidey
Spectral

PostSubject: Re: The Paranatural Forum RPG (Experiment Run)   Tue Aug 06, 2013 8:07 pm

"I'll follow the path to the train tracks" Chase texts on his phone "If i get in any kind of serious trouble, chances are they'll here my ruckus and come running . . .but I can rely on all of them, I dont need anybody, I only need to rely on myself, its worked before and it'll work now." With that Chase bounds off in the direction of the tracks
Back to top Go down
Erie, Man of Danger
Paranaturalist

PostSubject: Re: The Paranatural Forum RPG (Experiment Run)   Wed Aug 07, 2013 4:13 am

Jeanine:

Jeanine follows the road uphill, The houses still lit up, but now streetlamps are also activating. The steep climb  is a little difficult, but the work helps keep you warm in the mountain air.

In the corner of your eye, you see movement on a roof. Jeanine turns to face it, but it is gone.

Oliver:

Oliver follows the road that leads to the business part of town. Several shop signs liter the buildings, all are small time shops, all closed. You reach the end and come to a relatively flat area in front of a large building. There is a sign in front of it that is labeled 'Town Hall.'

As the street lamps light, you see the door to the building open. A large portly man steps out in rather elegant clothes, ones that you would expect from the wealthy. You do not see much features on this man since you are far away enough and neither does he seem to see you. He fixes his hat and locks the building before strolling away, partially in the shadows.

Chase:

Chase follows the train tracks, which lead to a large and square building. There are extra tracks and track switches and several train-cars parked on the extra tracks, some open and emptied, some half way filled. As you enter the station, you see white hair whip around the corner of the building several yards away.

Arthur

No change due to lack of post for the 6th.

(Hint: Judge the situation, continue to hide, search the area, chase the figures.)
((Comments: Meet the townsfolk.))
Back to top Go down
Soroya123
Paranaturalist

PostSubject: Re: The Paranatural Forum RPG (Experiment Run)   Wed Aug 07, 2013 4:31 am

Jeanine stares at the spot where she saw the figure then moves on slowly. She keeps checking her periferal vision fir the mystery figure. She quietly asked Eristelle to keep an eye out and moved on, huffing up the slope. She texted "So far no encounters. Saw a shadowy figure. Anything happening where you are?"

•Click to view•

leviatron
Seeing Shades

PostSubject: Re: The Paranatural Forum RPG (Experiment Run)   Wed Aug 07, 2013 4:45 am

arthur stands around in a daze, after everyone else left, he finaly shakes off the fatigue and realizes whats going on, so he looks down hill, crouches low, and begins to head towards the corner. he pulls the robe over his head as he looks past the corner
Back to top Go down
Spidey
Spectral

PostSubject: Re: The Paranatural Forum RPG (Experiment Run)   Wed Aug 07, 2013 11:29 am

Chase comes upon the building "This isnt right, normally that should be there and that would be-" His mental conversation with himself is cut off as he sees the white hair, he mentally curses himself for not paying attention, he might have caught a glimpse of the person if he had, and he could have verified whether it was or wasn't Alice. The boy pulled out his phone, but he wasn't sure whether or not to tell them, all the while he was continuosly walking up slowly to the place he had seen the hair go to. Chase decided to text " Seen white hair, possibly Alice, person moved to quick to tell, will keep you posted" to everyone. The young man removes his hood , so if it was Alice she could see his face. "H-Hey you! I'm looking for a girl named Alice, if you are, or have seen her, come on out, I only wanna talk, if you get hostile don't expect mercy!" In reality the boy was at a dissadvantage if it was merely a punk who got hostile, chase couldn't use his spectral , and he couldn't afford to beef up his strength because his controller only had two uses, What a lame limit, TWO, and total all of his controllers functions lasted an hour and a minute. Not to mention they had always seemed to be shifting him back to normal earlier. Oh well , time to go see if it was Alice.
Back to top Go down
Baron Von Aardvark
Paranaturalist

PostSubject: Re: The Paranatural Forum RPG (Experiment Run)   Wed Aug 07, 2013 1:00 pm

Making a note of which direction the man walks in, Oliver closes in on the town hall as fast as he can.

Once there, he attempts to pick the lock with telekinesis.
Back to top Go down
Soroya123
Paranaturalist

PostSubject: Re: The Paranatural Forum RPG (Experiment Run)   Wed Aug 07, 2013 4:08 pm

Jeanine texts Chase Be very careful Chase. Remember, shoot up a spec shot on confirmation if it is Alice. then messages Arthur Hey where are you exactly Arthur? I'm assuming this is all still in group texting riiight? Guys? Jeanine's just singularly addressing the guys in the group messages.

•Click to view•

Erie, Man of Danger
Paranaturalist

PostSubject: Re: The Paranatural Forum RPG (Experiment Run)   Thu Aug 08, 2013 3:24 am

Chase:

As Chase is about to speak, an invisible hand grasps his mouth and pulls him to the wall. Chase hears a female voice whisper urgently in his ear. "Shhhhhhhhhhh, your going to get yourself killed if you don't be quiet!"

Around the corner you can hear two voices speak in a slight alarm and you hear the voice curse . "Shit! Don't move from this spot, whatever you do."

Chases sees a small wave of colors surround him before dissipating, leaving like a transparent film over the area he stood.

A figure walks around the corner. Chase can see that it looks like Alice but notices a couple of things that are off. She is not wearing the clothes that she left in, instead sporting a sort of dark military uniform and blazer, a red heart stamped like a logo on the left shoulder and front upper right. Her expression looks mean and looks even more intimidating as she is carrying an assault rifle.

"Image, have you found anything?" shouts a voice from around the corner. The 'Alice' looks around, it looks like see should plainly see you but she does not reaction. Finally she turns around and shouts. "It was nothing, prolly some more dumb owl ran into the side of the building again."

'Alice' walks back around the corner and you can barely make out the conversation at the distance. "...Why are you still wearing that face Image? We got her back. There's no need to pretend to be her anymore."

"Because Rick, sometimes a man wants to feel like a pretty girl."

Chase hears laughter as the sounds move out of audible range. He feels the pressure lift from his mouth and the transparent wall glows various colors and warps into a spiral in front of you. All of it funnels down into a scabbard that has just came visible as a katanna is sheathed in. There is now a girl, most likely late teens or early twenties, in a  pajama suit that looks like a business suit carrying the sheathed sword. She looks quite stunning and beautiful and slightly pissed. The girl has long light brown hair tied into a ponytail and elegant features with green eyes. "What are you doing here kid? Your clearly not from this town and your certainly not back-up."

Jeanine:

As Jeanine texts, voice pops up from behind, it sounding a little high pitched and slightly feminine. "Ooh, nice phone."

Jeanine turns around to find a short statured person, roughly her age looking. The person is wearing a large knitted cap that covers the sides of the persons head, and large two front teeth sticking out of her mouth like a cartoon beaver, the teeth are pearly white. The person looks to be wearing at least two layers of clothes, with no regard for color combinations. An obvious furry tail swishes back and forth behind the person.

"Hiya, youse new here?" The person asks with a thick New York accent. "I's never seen youse before. Names Mouse, pleased ta meet ya. Fair waring though, youse better get tos where evers youse holdin up at, curfue is ratha strict around heres."

Oliver:

As Oliver uses his power on the lock, he hears a slight click as the simple mechnasim breaks open, unlocking itself, but probably not going be usable without out internal repairs, the good news being that the damage is inside the lock and not visible on the outside.

The door swings open to a dark short hallway, doors lining both sides. The place looks very well kept, but it is to dark to make out any words or details in the room.

Arthur:

Arthur makes his way down hill and around the corner. He sees several backs of buildings, but only one stands on the edge. On the front porch is wat looks like to be the most stereotypical hippie you ever seen, someone clearly didn't know that the 70's were over. He sits on his porch, oblivious to Arthur and smoking a large hooka.

(Hint: So many choices.)
((Comments: You know, I get a distinct impression that wasn't Alice.))

Yup, Chase is meeting Selene for the few that have read my fanfic.

In other news, This Saturday, the tenth, I'm flying home very early in the morning so there might not be an update, or at least one on time, I'm not sure. Just giving you guys a heads up.
Back to top Go down
Baron Von Aardvark
Paranaturalist

PostSubject: Re: The Paranatural Forum RPG (Experiment Run)   Thu Aug 08, 2013 3:30 am

Without much else worth doing, and since he now has something more interesting to do then chase after the man he saw before, Oliver shuts the door and begins to explore the town hall. He uses his spectral energy to feel around for interesting objects, as well as to make sure he doesn't bump into anything.

His first goal, as far as he's concerned, is to find some sort of community gathering room. He expects to find this behind a set of overdecorated double doors, although that could turn out to be dead wrong. They might be fairly tasteful doors.
Back to top Go down
Soroya123
Paranaturalist

PostSubject: Re: The Paranatural Forum RPG (Experiment Run)   Thu Aug 08, 2013 4:33 am

Jeanine blinks and says Thanks! I got it as a birthday gift! she shivers slightly and hefts her bag a little on her shoulder. I actually hopped on the train and just rode along. I wanted to travel a bit, loosen up so to speak. I lived in L.A but I've been having trouble with depression since my mum died so I decided to take a sort of sabbatical. So I hopped on a train and just wandered from place to place. It's been a week since I started. I just change trains everyday and I didn't really keep track of where I was. Kinda wanted to get lost. I guess I was looking for a hotel or something? I get kinda side tracked easily. Is there one near by? she pauses and says And guessing by the tail you're a medium? I'm also a spectral. I probably should have mentioned that in the beginning. she laughs nervously Sorry, the depression left me a little...introverted, so first impressions are not really my strong suit. she sighs then continues Well, I'm also taking the sabbatical to broaden my spectral knowledge. My mom was teaching me a little before she passed away, but I didn't really know anybody else who was a spectral so that bit kinda faded. A little. I found my tool a little after she died and..here I am telling my life story to a stranger. she laughs again and starts scratching at her neck a lot, turning the skin bright red. Sorry if I bored you. I'm just...lonely? I don't know. she soghs and continues scratching Well, if you could point me to the hotel I'll get put of your hair. she stares at her feet and waits for a reply.

•Click to view•

Erie, Man of Danger
Paranaturalist

PostSubject: Re: The Paranatural Forum RPG (Experiment Run)   Thu Aug 08, 2013 4:50 am

Oliver:

Oliver's spectral energy goes around and feels the area, it slightly glowing the purple hue. You find a couple of lamps and desks for the lamps in the hall way, not much else. The glow does light up the words on the doors, but they are still hard to read. Two doors in particular catch your interest. One says 'Public Court House', the other says 'Council Room.'

Jeanine:

Mouse whistles at your story. "We's don't get much travelers here, most come to settle down or hide from the Norms till they aint mediums no more. Well, they usta. Now no one leaves with out permission from the Hearts. Youse not going to find many hotels here, non actually. I could offer youse a place ta stay, as long as youse don't bring trouble. Its quite late out, and Im not so anxious to be caught outside past curfew, last guy whose did it, his name Hare, the town deadly trained animal put an bolt to his knee. Youse don't want want to draw the Rabbit's attention, she's a trained psycho that one."
Back to top Go down
Soroya123
Paranaturalist

PostSubject: Re: The Paranatural Forum RPG (Experiment Run)   Thu Aug 08, 2013 4:58 am

Jeanine blinks at the word rabbit, remembering something Oliver said then asks Could I stay with you? I won't cause any problems I promise! My names Jeanine. Jeanine Kando.  she sticks her right hand out and stops scratching her neck with the left and smiles slightly. Erm, when you said bolt...um what exactly is that?

•Click to view•

Erie, Man of Danger
Paranaturalist

PostSubject: Re: The Paranatural Forum RPG (Experiment Run)   Thu Aug 08, 2013 5:56 am

"It's a pleasure to meet ya Jeanine." At your question, Mouse rolls her eyes as she speaks. "Don't worry about it, I'm surrrrrre Hare will explain to youse in great detail. Besides, as long as we's don't get caught, there's nothing to worry about."

Mouse leads you down the street till you both stop at a large house. A sign hangs out front, it reads 'The Tea Party, bar and shelter.'

Mouse turns around and smiles at you, then steps back and phases through the door like it wasn't there. You hear a click and the door is opened from the other side by Mouse.

As you walk in, you feel the warmth of the room, the area is large and homely. The floor furniture and bar are made of wood. There is two people in the room. The first is behind the bar and is wearing a dark brown jacket and a black shirt with a black fedora. His left sleeve is pinned up to his shoulder as he seems to have no left arm. He seems a older man, as he has some grey hairs in his black short style, but doesn't look to old.

The other has a crutch and a bandage knee. He is wearing a sweat shirt and pants with the hood up. Floppy long furry rabbit ears hang out, his face partially furry. They were discussing till you were let in. He looks to be about 20 something.

Mouse announces you to the two. "Hey ya Mad." You see the ear guy go 'mmmhmmm'

Mouse rolls her eyes. "You two Hare, I got brought a visitor."
Back to top Go down
Soroya123
Paranaturalist

PostSubject: Re: The Paranatural Forum RPG (Experiment Run)   Thu Aug 08, 2013 6:01 am

Jeanine walks in and immediatly feels warmer. She smiles nervously at the two men and says timidly Umm...hi! My name's Jeanine Kando..ehmm...nice to meet you? she turns red and then looks at her shoes.

•Click to view•

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Paranatural Forum RPG (Experiment Run)   

Back to top Go down

The Paranatural Forum RPG (Experiment Run)

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 37 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 20 ... 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next