The Activity Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Activity Club

For the fans of Zack Morrison's webcomic Paranatural.

PortalHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Top posters
Erie, Man of Danger
Paranatural EpicMafia set! Vote_lcapParanatural EpicMafia set! Voting_barParanatural EpicMafia set! Vote_rcap 
Wealthy Lord Asssprite
Paranatural EpicMafia set! Vote_lcapParanatural EpicMafia set! Voting_barParanatural EpicMafia set! Vote_rcap 
Soroya123
NinjaKitten
Baron Von Aardvark
Spidey
Leo M. R.
W!tch
Westbrook
tylerouzts
Latest topics
» Chapter Seven
Paranatural EpicMafia set! Icon_minitimeSat Mar 20, 2021 10:11 pm by ThePyromaniac

» Hear me out... (BERG theory)
Paranatural EpicMafia set! Icon_minitimeTue Oct 06, 2020 12:32 pm by janusjekyll

» Hello Activity Club
Paranatural EpicMafia set! Icon_minitimeTue Sep 22, 2020 9:07 am by janusjekyll

» Non-specific Greeting
Paranatural EpicMafia set! Icon_minitimeFri Sep 04, 2020 5:05 pm by Westbrook

» (slides in) Good Evening
Paranatural EpicMafia set! Icon_minitimeMon Aug 03, 2020 4:51 pm by Clayview

» I shout into the void
Paranatural EpicMafia set! Icon_minitimeMon Aug 03, 2020 4:49 pm by Clayview

Statistics
We have 325 registered users
The newest registered user is AL

Our users have posted a total of 14282 messages in 355 subjects
March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Paranatural EpicMafia set!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 

Which minor characters do you want to be included? Choose 19 or less please.
Dad
Paranatural EpicMafia set! Vote_lcap6%Paranatural EpicMafia set! Vote_rcap
 6% [ 5 ]
Zoey
Paranatural EpicMafia set! Vote_lcap5%Paranatural EpicMafia set! Vote_rcap
 5% [ 4 ]
Jeff
 6% [ 5 ]
Cody
Paranatural EpicMafia set! Vote_lcap4%Paranatural EpicMafia set! Vote_rcap
 4% [ 3 ]
Violet
Paranatural EpicMafia set! Vote_lcap3%Paranatural EpicMafia set! Vote_rcap
 3% [ 2 ]
Lisa
Paranatural EpicMafia set! Vote_lcap3%Paranatural EpicMafia set! Vote_rcap
 3% [ 2 ]
Suzy
 6% [ 5 ]
Collin
 4% [ 3 ]
Dimitri
 6% [ 5 ]
Johnny
Paranatural EpicMafia set! Vote_lcap8%Paranatural EpicMafia set! Vote_rcap
 8% [ 6 ]
Stephen
 4% [ 3 ]
Ollie
 4% [ 3 ]
RJ
 5% [ 4 ]
Mr. Garcia
 5% [ 4 ]
Ms. Baxter
Paranatural EpicMafia set! Vote_lcap1%Paranatural EpicMafia set! Vote_rcap
 1% [ 1 ]
Mr. Starchman
 6% [ 5 ]
PJ
 8% [ 6 ]
Hissing Pete
 4% [ 3 ]
Doorman
 8% [ 6 ]
Manlizard
 4% [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 78

AuthorMessage
Baron Von Aardvark
Paranaturalist
Baron Von Aardvark

Paranatural EpicMafia set! Empty
PostSubject: Paranatural EpicMafia set!   Paranatural EpicMafia set! Icon_minitimeSun Jun 09, 2013 5:48 am

Alright, stick with me for a moment. the payout will be worth it! First off, EpicMafia is a website designed for playing the game of Mafia!

It's a great website and a great game! I won't try to explain the game because Wikipedia does a much better job, but EpicMafia offers about 100 different interchangeable game roles, rather than just Mafia and Villager. If you haven't played before, give it a try!

Another interesting feature of EpicMafia is their anonymous game decks. For Five Dollars, anyone can create a deck for public use in anonymous games on EpicMafia. When creating an anonymous game, you just choose your deck and at the start of the game, everyone's name, avatar, and all other identifying features are removed and replaced with those of a random card from the deck. This is usually done using the faces of characters from a certain fandom or just with arbitrary objects.

It should be clear what I'm planning to do now. I'll provide the bulk of the images, and the five dollars. All I need from you is input! I want to know what minor characters the forum goers want to see in my EpicMafia deck. The maximum number of cards in a deck is twenty five, and I want to use all of them!

Characters that WILL be included, for sure, 100%, barring dark miracles:
-Lefty
-Max
-Isaac
-Isabel
-Ed
-Mr. Spender
-That's it! Major spectrals only. And Lefty, because he's the best character. Wink

That's six of twenty five slots taken. So in the poll above, pick nineteen characters you most want to see in the set! Mt goal is to give you the option of every named and depicted character, as well as a number of other simply amusing ones. A poll can only have 20 options, so there will be two threads! Only pick nineteen between the two threads, please. Also, If I missed any characters, please tell me.

Also, I'll soon be posting the pictures if this thread gets any activity. If you don't like any of the pictures and want to offer an alternative, feel free! Remember, pictures should be as singularly representative of the characters as possible.

Aaaaaaaaaand, that's it! NNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNZIGGAZIGGA GET VOTING.
Back to top Go down
Baron Von Aardvark
Paranaturalist
Baron Von Aardvark

PostSubject: Re: Paranatural EpicMafia set!   Paranatural EpicMafia set! Icon_minitimeSun Jun 09, 2013 2:45 pm

Heeeeeere are the icons for most of the characters in the poll! Again, if you don't like any of the icons or would like to suggest one for a character that does not have one yet, feel free! I welcome it.

Icons here.
Back to top Go down
Baron Von Aardvark
Paranaturalist
Baron Von Aardvark

PostSubject: Re: Paranatural EpicMafia set!   Paranatural EpicMafia set! Icon_minitimeSun Jun 09, 2013 2:53 pm

Shockingly, Tied for first place so far are Dimitri, Issac's Spirit, and the Sphinx of Games. You guys seem to like unique personalities.
Back to top Go down
Wealthy Lord Asssprite
Paranaturalist
Wealthy Lord Asssprite

PostSubject: Re: Paranatural EpicMafia set!   Paranatural EpicMafia set! Icon_minitimeMon Jun 10, 2013 12:26 am

Ill be disappointed if we never get to pull off a Friendship Fusion. Or at least have enough of Johnny's gang to have an excuse to shout it at the top of our virtual lungs.
Back to top Go down
Baron Von Aardvark
Paranaturalist
Baron Von Aardvark

PostSubject: Re: Paranatural EpicMafia set!   Paranatural EpicMafia set! Icon_minitimeMon Jun 10, 2013 3:02 pm

With the amount of alliance forming that happens in Mafia, you'll probably find plenty of excuses to try out friendship fusions with various other characters. Very Happy

Also, because there happens to be exactly 19 characters with two or more votes so far, here's what the roster looks like barring further change! I'll lock voting this coming Sunday.

The current roster:
  1. Lefty
  2. Max
  3. Isaac
  4. Isabel
  5. Ed
  6. Mr. Spender
  7. Jeff
  8. Suzy
  9. Dimitri
  10. Johnny
  11. Doorman
  12. Hweeryms Lady
  13. Max's Spirit (Trashdragon)
  14. Isaac's Spirit (Blowhard)
  15. Sphinx of Games
  16. Mr.Walker
  17. Grandpa
  18. Dad
  19. Stephen
  20. Ollie
  21. RJ
  22. Mr. Garcia
  23. Mr. Strachman
  24. Frog Face
  25. Snarks!

Considering that it's now pretty relevant, the icon that will be used for Snarks! is a picture of Johnny making a strange face and some hand movements. The icon in question is in the puush gallery posted above and in the other thread. The reason it's on the list at all is because of the quote that goes with that image: "Wuh oh, Snark attack! Close the beaches!"
Back to top Go down
Baron Von Aardvark
Paranaturalist
Baron Von Aardvark

PostSubject: Re: Paranatural EpicMafia set!   Paranatural EpicMafia set! Icon_minitimeWed Jun 19, 2013 3:13 am

Voting is closed! The above will be the final list. One change though, I'm taking the liberty of replacing Snarks with the Rather angry texan guy from the latest update once I get a name for him, because Snarks really just doesn't belong in the set. I wouldn't have included it if I thought anyone would vote for it. : P
Back to top Go down
guttersvoice
New Kid
guttersvoice

PostSubject: Re: Paranatural EpicMafia set!   Paranatural EpicMafia set! Icon_minitimeWed Jun 19, 2013 2:46 pm

hweeyerms lady has a name btw, its cinnamon sticks! her man-lizard partner is grecko stucks

and uh, by the texan guy in the update do you mean mr texas walker?
Back to top Go down
http://guttersvoice.tumblr.com
Baron Von Aardvark
Paranaturalist
Baron Von Aardvark

PostSubject: Re: Paranatural EpicMafia set!   Paranatural EpicMafia set! Icon_minitimeWed Jun 19, 2013 2:59 pm

I suppose I do mean him, as it should be rather clear who I'm talking about. Are these names Zack gave them in the comments or something?
Back to top Go down
guttersvoice
New Kid
guttersvoice

PostSubject: Re: Paranatural EpicMafia set!   Paranatural EpicMafia set! Icon_minitimeWed Jun 19, 2013 3:06 pm

no, he told us about them in the stream a while back

do people not know about the livestream? he always tweets about it
Back to top Go down
Baron Von Aardvark
Paranaturalist
Baron Von Aardvark

PostSubject: Re: Paranatural EpicMafia set!   Paranatural EpicMafia set! Icon_minitimeWed Jun 19, 2013 3:08 pm

...now following his twitter. thanks for the heads up, haha. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
guttersvoice
New Kid
guttersvoice

PostSubject: Re: Paranatural EpicMafia set!   Paranatural EpicMafia set! Icon_minitimeWed Jun 19, 2013 3:12 pm

im kinda surprised more people dont know about it
guess i oughta make a thread about it hm
Back to top Go down
Wealthy Lord Asssprite
Paranaturalist
Wealthy Lord Asssprite

PostSubject: Re: Paranatural EpicMafia set!   Paranatural EpicMafia set! Icon_minitimeWed Jun 19, 2013 5:22 pm

I should really consider getting a twitter if I'm missing out on choice bits of information like livestreams.
Back to top Go down
Erie, Man of Danger
Paranaturalist
Erie, Man of Danger

PostSubject: Re: Paranatural EpicMafia set!   Paranatural EpicMafia set! Icon_minitimeWed Jun 19, 2013 6:20 pm

I checked out the site. I honestly have no idea what I'm doing.
Back to top Go down
guttersvoice
New Kid
guttersvoice

PostSubject: Re: Paranatural EpicMafia set!   Paranatural EpicMafia set! Icon_minitimeWed Jun 19, 2013 6:50 pm

what site? twitter or livestream?
Back to top Go down
Erie, Man of Danger
Paranaturalist
Erie, Man of Danger

PostSubject: Re: Paranatural EpicMafia set!   Paranatural EpicMafia set! Icon_minitimeWed Jun 19, 2013 6:59 pm

The epic mafia site
Back to top Go down
Baron Von Aardvark
Paranaturalist
Baron Von Aardvark

PostSubject: Re: Paranatural EpicMafia set!   Paranatural EpicMafia set! Icon_minitimeWed Jun 19, 2013 7:55 pm

The wikipedia page should help, but I can explain a little. The main principle of mafia is the concept of a battle between an informed minority and an uninformed majority.

When the game starts, you are assigned a role. You could be a villager, or a blue as the people on that site call it. Villagers don't have any special features. Or you could be a mafia. Mafia Attend the mafia meeting every night, where the members of the mafia can converse and ultimately choose someone to kill that night. The mafia collectively makes one kill each night.

Now for how the actual game works. It has two phases, night and day, and it alternates between the two. It begins in night time. Every night, the mafia chooses someone to kill, as I've said. The mafia also takes this time to figure out who they are allied with. Then the day time starts. During the day, the town has to use any means necessary to figure out who the mafia members are and lynch them. The town is allowed one lynch per day, and night time starts again as soon as it is used. Who is lynched is determined by the result of a poll that everyone takes part in. Even the mafia, who must try and influence the results to steer the village away from the true mafia members without drawing suspicion. The mafia wins once the number of non mafia players is equal to or less than the number of mafia allied players. The town wins if all the members of the mafia die.

Those are just the rules of an extremely basic game though. More advanced rules below, if anything above is confusing feel free to ask about it. Also, it's natural to experience some confusion at first. You won't be familiar with the strategies expected from certain roles and setups, so don't worry about messing up at first.

More advanced basic rules:

Any given game in the Epicmafia lobby will come with a list of every role used in that game that you can see before joining it. If you decide to start playing, make sure you understand the ability of every role that is present in that particular game before you begin, so you don't end up making a deadly mistake.

Oh, and one more thing. For the sake of your enjoyment of the game, assign an avatar to your account. It only takes a minute, and it will make people more likely to warm up to you.

If I haven't scared you off by now, then I hope you enjoy it! It's very difficult and a little intimidating at first, and it can be frustrating sometimes, but I firmly stand by it as an exceedingly fun game. You'll get the hang of it in no time! Good luck! Very Happy

EDIT: I ALMOST FORGOT. Since you're just starting out, stick to the training lobby for now! People in training are usually a lot more tolerant and amenable then those in sandbox.

This is mostly because training's stated purpose is to help people learn the game, whereas sandbox players are just trying to have fun. When you play in sandbox, you are expected to know what you are doing or else you will get picked on by the more experienced players. Sad
Back to top Go down
Baron Von Aardvark
Paranaturalist
Baron Von Aardvark

PostSubject: Re: Paranatural EpicMafia set!   Paranatural EpicMafia set! Icon_minitimeFri Jun 21, 2013 3:59 am

Since Mr. Texas is Mr. Walker, who is already on the list, I've revised it in a different way. Turns out there was a character missing who got five votes, so that's fixed. Here's the list! I'll prepare the set and put it on the site sometime in the next week. Thank you for your contribution!

The Final Roster:

1. Lefty

2. Max

3. Isaac

4. Isabel

5. Ed

6. Mr. Spender

7. Jeff

8. Suzy

9. Dimitri

10. Johnny

11. Doorman

12. Cinnamon Sticks

13. Max's Spirit (Trashdragon)

14. Isaac's Spirit (Blowhard)

15. Sphinx of Games

16. Mr. Walker

17. Grandpa

18. Dad

19. Stephen

20. Ollie

21. RJ

22. Mr. Garcia

23. Mr. Starchman

24. Frog Face

25. PJ
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Paranatural EpicMafia set!   Paranatural EpicMafia set! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Paranatural EpicMafia set!

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1