The Activity Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Activity Club

For the fans of Zack Morrison's webcomic Paranatural.

PortalHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Top posters
Erie, Man of Danger
Pheonix-Croft Academy RPG IC - Page 8 Vote_lcapPheonix-Croft Academy RPG IC - Page 8 Voting_barPheonix-Croft Academy RPG IC - Page 8 Vote_rcap 
Wealthy Lord Asssprite
Pheonix-Croft Academy RPG IC - Page 8 Vote_lcapPheonix-Croft Academy RPG IC - Page 8 Voting_barPheonix-Croft Academy RPG IC - Page 8 Vote_rcap 
Soroya123
NinjaKitten
Baron Von Aardvark
Spidey
Leo M. R.
W!tch
Westbrook
tylerouzts
Latest topics
» Chapter Seven
Pheonix-Croft Academy RPG IC - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 20, 2021 10:11 pm by ThePyromaniac

» Hear me out... (BERG theory)
Pheonix-Croft Academy RPG IC - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 06, 2020 12:32 pm by janusjekyll

» Hello Activity Club
Pheonix-Croft Academy RPG IC - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 22, 2020 9:07 am by janusjekyll

» Non-specific Greeting
Pheonix-Croft Academy RPG IC - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 04, 2020 5:05 pm by Westbrook

» (slides in) Good Evening
Pheonix-Croft Academy RPG IC - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 03, 2020 4:51 pm by Clayview

» I shout into the void
Pheonix-Croft Academy RPG IC - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 03, 2020 4:49 pm by Clayview

Statistics
We have 325 registered users
The newest registered user is AL

Our users have posted a total of 14282 messages in 355 subjects
March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Pheonix-Croft Academy RPG IC

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 13 ... 18  Next
AuthorMessage
gallowsCalibrator
Seeing Shades
gallowsCalibrator

Pheonix-Croft Academy RPG IC - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pheonix-Croft Academy RPG IC   Pheonix-Croft Academy RPG IC - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 26, 2013 5:09 pm

Redglare opened his door, and the grey mass morphed into a deep shade of green. The ground became a carpet of short grass, and large, tall trees towered out of the fresh earth.

Nestled in the tops of these trees were small, wooden houses. There was no obvious way to climb to them, but none was needed to those graced by flight. The buildings had open doorways. Sunlight streamed in through the open spaces in the canopy, bathing the now somewhat forested floor.

In what constituted the center of the room, there was a large, circular clearing, with a diameter four times the length of his dragon form. Majics existed in this area to spawn creatures from the ground upon their activation.

The room was large and expansive to accommodate the forresting and the training clearing. But what gave it a true feeling of infinence was the looping of the room. The were no real walls to the space, just a looping enchantment to give the feeling of expanse without real risk of getting lost within one's own lodgings.

Redglare formed his wings, stretched them and then took off, lazily flying around the warm sunny sky for the remaining afternoon before touching down in one of the treetop houses, this one of which was furnished with sleeping quarters.
Back to top Go down
Spidey
Spectral
Spidey

PostSubject: Re: Pheonix-Croft Academy RPG IC   Pheonix-Croft Academy RPG IC - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 27, 2013 12:11 am

The morning rolls in for all of you, each of you awaken, and prepare for a new day, and a fresh start. For some the morning starts off slow because they woke up to early, others waking up late rush into their common rooms. Regardless of how or when they came out, when they do they are all greeted by Midoria standing in the middle of what once was a room with only a wooden floor, but now looks like a doctors waiting office, it even has those stiff leather seats that are somehow comfortable until you try to change positions. She greets you all once you have entered the common room and asks you to sit in the chairs telling you not to worry about missing class. "Well, now that we're all about as rested as possible on a first day lets go over the basics. Every year freshman classes get to skip over their first class on their first day to get to know their teammates well it helos them to trust them as much as is possible for one to trust, and gives them a chance to form a better, stronger team as a whole. That being said, our first classes of the day are team based such as gym and Team Strategy 101, other classes like alchemy, and enemy anylysation will be taken at a level corresponding to the score you received yesterday. When the time comes ill hand you your rosters, till then i figure we should at least get to know each other better than names and powers, tell us your story."
Back to top Go down
Wealthy Lord Asssprite
Paranaturalist
Wealthy Lord Asssprite

PostSubject: Re: Pheonix-Croft Academy RPG IC   Pheonix-Croft Academy RPG IC - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 27, 2013 12:21 am

If we are permitted to skip classes, then I'll stay in my room.
Feng walks back into his room, which turns out to be palatial in area and cavernous in height. Stretched between the walls and the ceilings are various dyed silks, and the floor is made of precious minerals. In the center is a four-poster bed with curtains, and it looks very comfortable. Off to one side is a banquet-table.
Back to top Go down
eevocative
New Kid
eevocative

PostSubject: Re: Pheonix-Croft Academy RPG IC   Pheonix-Croft Academy RPG IC - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 27, 2013 12:39 am

Auggie settled himself, and folded his arms. He lowered his eyes, but gave a small, gentle smile. " I come from a small town...Pretty far from here, and totally secluded in a forest. My family was a bit higher up on the totem pole than others, but regardless of rank everyone treated each other with care and respect. I was kind of a guard for my town, along with a few other boys my age...Though I was the only one with an interest in learning at all. So my town's elders thought it would be good to send me here to hone my skills and learn as much as I can." Auggie took a brief pause, "I guess my story isn't so interesting...I'm not interesting? Maybe? Uhm, really all I did back home was keep the children safe from anything or anyone that represented a threat, or grow plants to feed the other people...Sometimes I'd travel to the edge of the forest...And look up from the hills to see the cities and other towns around...Though I usually got in trouble for doing that." He chuckled, crossing his legs and relaxing.
Back to top Go down
http://pizza-wentzz.tumblr.com/
Erie, Man of Danger
Paranaturalist
Erie, Man of Danger

PostSubject: Re: Pheonix-Croft Academy RPG IC   Pheonix-Croft Academy RPG IC - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 27, 2013 1:15 am

Pedro smiles at seeing Midoria's face. It looked to be a good morning.

After Feng goes back into his room, Pedro comments. "Wow, he needs to learn how to 'mingle.'"

Pedro listens to Auggie speak and comments after. "Your story is plenty interesting, I have always been curious about other lands."

Pedro's eye's downcast a little. "My life isn't very interesting, not before I got here. I'll spare you the long and boring parts."

He lifts his head to the group and grasps his hands together. There is no joy or his usual excitement in his words. "I was born into the mage clan of the Beast. My parents are no longer around so I was taken care of by my Uncle, he gave me the basics, food, shelter, and schooling to not be an idiot, and that's all he gave, nothing but the bare minimal."

"I was trained to fight and survive by the only person who didn't outright hate me, so I'm competent in that regard. I am the only dragon in my family, to their eternal shame, so I really haven't met many other dragons. Red is actually the second dragon I ever met face to face."

"I came to this school with one goal. I am tired of people looking at what I am and not who I am. I am here to make a name for myself, to become someone people can rely on to get things done, someone they can trust to protect what is precious, someone they can laugh with and have a merry time."

"Welp, I talked to long, as usual. I'm sorry if I bored you."

Pedro turns to Midoria. "I do got a question Midoria, what is the policy on getting time off from the school, I heard this school lets us travel on the Weekends, is that correct?"

A half smile crawls on his face. "Also, it is mighty unfair of you to have us tell our stories without hearing yours. Please, tell us about yourself."
Back to top Go down
Baron Von Aardvark
Paranaturalist
Baron Von Aardvark

PostSubject: Re: Pheonix-Croft Academy RPG IC   Pheonix-Croft Academy RPG IC - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 27, 2013 3:01 am

I'm Oliver, and my life is a joke. That's the short version. Ever since I was a little kid, I wanted to become the greatest mage there ever was. I quickly learned that was unlikely because I was a super, but it got worse when I finally gained my majic.

Things that belong to other people are summoned to me on the whim of my disobedient powers, and they have a wicked sense of humor. I won't even get into all the shit that's caused me.

So, since I couldn't be a great mage, I devoted my efforts to learning my way around my family's tech. I am from the clan of super geniuses after all, and I was expected to turn out a few inventions of my own to add to the family collection at some point in my lifetime. I also found time to become a fairly skilled illusionist, which helps fill the gap in my brain where the majical fantasies used to be.

...that's the long version. I've never experienced great tragedy or loss, but fate seems eager to turn everything I do into a bad joke. It can be a little frustrating, but never too much so. I'm here at the academy to learn to tame my powers and learn new ones, not to mention expanding my skills with the majical variety of super-tech.
Back to top Go down
Soroya123
Paranaturalist
Soroya123

PostSubject: Re: Pheonix-Croft Academy RPG IC   Pheonix-Croft Academy RPG IC - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 27, 2013 3:09 am

Celina smiles and says Those are good things to acomplish Oliver! she then shifts around and says Well my story isn't that interesting, small royal who caused trouble and just wanted to get away. They made the mistake of teaching me how to use weapons and fight instead of hiring a body guard, so I developed my skills to the point where almost anything can be a weapon. I've trained in close combat, hand-to-hand, long distance, arial you name it, I probably studied it at some point. As you saw I can use lightning, and I come from a feeder clan so I can mimic other's abilities. I plan on being an adventurer, I'd love to explore distant places and see what the world has to offer, so I also know basic survival skills and such so I don't die by starvation while hunting down something! She laughs then continues So anyways, I'm here to hone my skills to fit the skill set of a professional adventurer so that I can travel around.
Back to top Go down
http://soroya123.tumblr.com/
gallowsCalibrator
Seeing Shades
gallowsCalibrator

PostSubject: Re: Pheonix-Croft Academy RPG IC   Pheonix-Croft Academy RPG IC - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 27, 2013 3:44 am

"So, The short version of my story is that bad stuff happened, I caused t, and I'm here so I don't cause more bad stuff on accident.

Long version? Well, I was born in a town of mostly humans, though there was the odd traveler from time to time. I lived with my mother for most of my early life. But, as you can guess, I was not the most popular guy in town. By a long shot. They looked at me as if I wreck them if they so much as got near me. I suppose that wasn't too far from what happened, though it wasn't really my fault.
I had a bad experience with my first draconic transformation. It went full out the first time, and was rather...explosive. It leveled a whole bunch of houses in the first growth, and I destroyed a lot of what remained trying to figure out what had happened. There wasn't much left for me, or anyone else really, there after that happened, so the area became kind of deserted. I was brought in by my father, who had lived nearby. He would have lived in town except for what should seem kind of obvious. Kind of weird though, considering his personality. He likes people and finds them interesting. It's just that because he's a dragon, people have a hard time liking him back.
Anyways, I've been living with him since. He's taught me everything I know about my powers, about how to use them, and most particularly, about how to restrain them. There were a couple more similar incidents while I was living with him as well. He knew that he wasn't the best one to teach me all of this though, so I was enrolled here. I'm glad I got the chance to continue learning, and look forward to the opportunity to work with you guys. Including the guy who just left."
Back to top Go down
Spidey
Spectral
Spidey

PostSubject: Re: Pheonix-Croft Academy RPG IC   Pheonix-Croft Academy RPG IC - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 27, 2013 2:42 pm

"Well, the school stops off at alot of places, it gives you a chance to get a look at that culture and understand them better, and, as mercenaries, adventurers, and experts in your respective fields, you will need to. It also gives you guys a chance to get out of what at times can be an oppressive and cramped atmosphere of this school. If you're wondering how we intend to keep you safe while you are out there its simple,while you are out there, a green fire is gonna be with you. The fire will change colors, and long story short, the closer it gets to red, the closer you are getting to being out of bounds. I tried every single weekend of freshman year, to get rid of that fire majic,, but the headmaster himself created it, and so far, only one student has ever broken that majic. . . ."

An older boy drags himself out of his room, he moves sluggishly, and the clothes he wears resemble that of a monks . But his head is not shaved, in fact it is tilted to the left and spiky. He yawns loudly " Ey, Midoria ~ What're you and the newbies doin out here so early?"

Midoria looks away and bites her lip " Oh I'm just telling the kids here about how weekends work." She turns back with a smile. " This one here is the one i was telling you about , The schools only sage Apollo ." she giggled slightly after saying his name

And then her face returns to normal after turning back to Pedro "First things first pedro, having power is one thing, you've got that part down, you just need to learn how to use it." Her smile returned after having said that. What is up with this girl?

"My story huh? I grew up in the middle area of the demon territories, the dictatorship kept trying to press for land, but the people resisted, MY people resisted. The dictatorship crushed us, easilly, my parents, my family, my clan, all gone, in what seemed like an instant, Still, i found remnants, kids and displaced villagers like me, we did what we could for each other and left further south to get away from the dictatorship. Later I found out about other members of my clan who had moved south a while ago, and they received me with open arms, and I've been with them since." Her face turns grim for a moment "The reason I'm here? I'd rather not discuss that . . ."
Back to top Go down
Erie, Man of Danger
Paranaturalist
Erie, Man of Danger

PostSubject: Re: Pheonix-Croft Academy RPG IC   Pheonix-Croft Academy RPG IC - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 27, 2013 3:40 pm

Pedro gives a weak smile to her comment about power. 'Power is the last thing I want.'

"Nice ta meet ya, our mysterious last member. So how's life treating ya?"
Back to top Go down
eevocative
New Kid
eevocative

PostSubject: Re: Pheonix-Croft Academy RPG IC   Pheonix-Croft Academy RPG IC - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 27, 2013 4:31 pm

Auggie was still relaxing, but seemed interested in everyone's stories, despite the fact that most of the stories he heard were depressing. He looked over to the new member, and grunted softly, confused.
Back to top Go down
Spidey
Spectral
Spidey

PostSubject: Re: Pheonix-Croft Academy RPG IC   Pheonix-Croft Academy RPG IC - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 27, 2013 9:24 pm

"As nice as it can be when your classes suddenly get changed to fit around the schedules of some new kids you don't even know . . ." The kid isnt trying to seem mean, just tired, and frustrated. "So . . . The headmaster assigned me here last minute, and that's about all there is to it . . . Im here to keep certain things in control and in check."
Back to top Go down
Soroya123
Paranaturalist
Soroya123

PostSubject: Re: Pheonix-Croft Academy RPG IC   Pheonix-Croft Academy RPG IC - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 27, 2013 9:39 pm

Pleased to meet you Apollo! Celina says smiling.
Back to top Go down
Erie, Man of Danger
Paranaturalist
Erie, Man of Danger

PostSubject: Re: Pheonix-Croft Academy RPG IC   Pheonix-Croft Academy RPG IC - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 27, 2013 9:48 pm

Pedro grins and shrugs at Apollo's words. He then takes his canteen and pours water into his hands, it freezeing on contact as his hands are infused with his majic. He pours enough till he makes a perfect sphere made out of ice. He keeps his hands cold as he morphs his right index finger into a claw, and he starts to carefully carve into the sphere.

As he works, Pedro speaks up. "I guess we are quite rowdy to require more supervision. It also seems our dear Midoria has a bit of a rebellious streak to try and break the schools leashes. This is going to be an interesting year to say the least."

"So, we stop places for our breaks, Does this place ever stop near Freiheit? And while we're at it, does anyone have any pictures of a rose bush or garden?"

(Freiheit is Greenland, the homeland of the dragons.)
Back to top Go down
eevocative
New Kid
eevocative

PostSubject: Re: Pheonix-Croft Academy RPG IC   Pheonix-Croft Academy RPG IC - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 27, 2013 11:11 pm

"Interesting indeed..."Auggie nodded, "Nice to meet you, Apollo....I'm August, but you can call me Auggie, if you want to." He waved, slowly, and smiled, bowing his head to Apollo.
Back to top Go down
Baron Von Aardvark
Paranaturalist
Baron Von Aardvark

PostSubject: Re: Pheonix-Croft Academy RPG IC   Pheonix-Croft Academy RPG IC - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 28, 2013 1:37 am

Oliver has no comment.
Back to top Go down
Erie, Man of Danger
Paranaturalist
Erie, Man of Danger

PostSubject: Re: Pheonix-Croft Academy RPG IC   Pheonix-Croft Academy RPG IC - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 28, 2013 1:45 am

"Twist~" Pedro sings.

"Your being awfully quiet.~ Come on, tell us about your doodads."
Back to top Go down
gallowsCalibrator
Seeing Shades
gallowsCalibrator

PostSubject: Re: Pheonix-Croft Academy RPG IC   Pheonix-Croft Academy RPG IC - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 28, 2013 1:51 am

"Nice to meet you." Redglare extends his hand to shake Apollo's, but retracts it after noticing the lingering draconic features. Shaking it as if to shake off the offending features, he reaches out with the now only slightly scaled hand. "I'm Redglare."
Back to top Go down
Erie, Man of Danger
Paranaturalist
Erie, Man of Danger

PostSubject: Re: Pheonix-Croft Academy RPG IC   Pheonix-Croft Academy RPG IC - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 29, 2013 2:20 am

Pedro, works and is perturbed by the silence of his companions. As he carves into his ice ball, his eyes light up. "Oh I have an idea, how bout we tell a story about ourselves, you know, get to know each other better by telling something interesting that happen to us."

"I'll go first. One day, I was traveling to a town over from mine, to shop without scrutiny, when I saw a bear riding a unicycle. I could not believe my eyes.

It was a part of a traveling band of entertainers. You can imagine how that does not sit well with my clan, the Beast clan is taught to respect animals and they are not meant for our amusement. So one of my various cousins sees this act and goes and demands the ring master to release the bear.

Here's the funny part. The Bear speaks up and says that my cousin, 'My act isn't that bad.' My cousin was so stunned by this bear talking that he didn't say anything for a week.

I went up and talked to the Bear, he told me this happens all the time and he regrets not going into stage acting."
Back to top Go down
eevocative
New Kid
eevocative

PostSubject: Re: Pheonix-Croft Academy RPG IC   Pheonix-Croft Academy RPG IC - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 29, 2013 2:37 am

Auggie perked up a bit, shifting his position slightly and looking up, "What a cool story....Speaking of stories..." He paused, looking around, "Why don't we all share one, a happier one, y'know? Something to get this depressive atmosphere out of here...Make it easier to just take a breath and relax, yeah? We can take turns...Or let who ever wants to go first do that." He smiled, lightly.
Back to top Go down
Baron Von Aardvark
Paranaturalist
Baron Von Aardvark

PostSubject: Re: Pheonix-Croft Academy RPG IC   Pheonix-Croft Academy RPG IC - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 29, 2013 6:14 pm

Oliver thinks for a moment.

Don't get me wrong, happy things have happened to me. But I have no such story to tell off the top of my head. Sorry.
Back to top Go down
Soroya123
Paranaturalist
Soroya123

PostSubject: Re: Pheonix-Croft Academy RPG IC   Pheonix-Croft Academy RPG IC - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 30, 2013 3:12 am

Hmm, I'll take a swing at it then. Celina says. Well one time around my little brother's birthday when I was out looking for an interesting present in a market, I met a toy maker. Now there are toy makers everywhere but this one made these amazing set of wood block animals. Mice, lions anything you can think of! All carved to perfection and painted with such fine detail. There were even little humans and other races, it was amazing! They were all small, the mice were about life sized though, so everything was about that big. I bought a load load of them (which cane with houses for the dragons, humans, avius etc. ) and brought it all back home along with some candy. I hid it all in the basement until I finished wrapping them and putting them into a bigger box all together. Anyways, his birthday came and when I gave him his present he looked ecstatic! Jumping up and down and yelling! Afterwards he and I decided to prank our older sister by putting one of the mice in her room. She screamed so loudly my mom thought she had been murdered! She was so mad for weeks but it was totally worth it! We've been teasing her about it ever since.
Back to top Go down
Erie, Man of Danger
Paranaturalist
Erie, Man of Danger

PostSubject: Re: Pheonix-Croft Academy RPG IC   Pheonix-Croft Academy RPG IC - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 30, 2013 7:05 pm

Pedro laughs at Celina's story. "Ha ha ha ha, that's so cool.

I wonder if that guy still makes some toys like that, I'd love to visit his shop, maybe I could get a more idea's for sculpting."

Pedro stops carving into the ice ball, it is a miniature globe, and is actually fairly detailed. Pedro looks it over, trying to decide what to do next.
Back to top Go down
Soroya123
Paranaturalist
Soroya123

PostSubject: Re: Pheonix-Croft Academy RPG IC   Pheonix-Croft Academy RPG IC - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 30, 2013 7:34 pm

I actually brought one with me! Celina says before getting up and running to her room. She comes back quickly holding a small figurine delicately in her hands, painted wearing white robes, the folds of the fabric carved into it folded as if a light breeze was blowing against it. Her wings were folded and the long dark hair flowed down the back and over its shoulders as she bent Over its minute hands it held what appeared to be a crescent moon. Here! It's supposed to be an angel! The guy says he met one once and it held the moon for him to see all the details. So whenever he made an angel, he made it in her image. My bother always says it reminds him of me, but it just makes me feel kinda sad. I don't know why. she's quiet for a second before holding it out to Pedro Here! You can take a look! And while he's at it somebody else tell a story! she looks around then stares at Dakker Why don't you tell us something! :3
Back to top Go down
Baron Von Aardvark
Paranaturalist
Baron Von Aardvark

PostSubject: Re: Pheonix-Croft Academy RPG IC   Pheonix-Croft Academy RPG IC - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 30, 2013 9:26 pm

Oliver feels the black energy surge from his hand again, but he dares not check to see what he's taken where the others can see.

Pedro still has the figurine, so at least it's not that, He thinks.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Pheonix-Croft Academy RPG IC   Pheonix-Croft Academy RPG IC - Page 8 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Pheonix-Croft Academy RPG IC

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 8 of 18Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 13 ... 18  Next