The Activity Club

For the fans of Zack Morrison's webcomic Paranatural.

PortalHomeCalendarFAQRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Top posters
Erie, Man of Danger

Wealthy Lord Asssprite

Soroya123

Baron Von Aardvark

NinjaKitten

Spidey

Leo M. R.

W!tch

Westbrook

tylerouzts

Latest topics
» Isabel can only be on good terms with one friend at a time
Yesterday at 6:02 pm by Connorses

» Chapter Five
Sat Oct 21, 2017 12:04 am by NinjaKitten

» Other webcomics you read?
Sat Oct 21, 2017 12:02 am by NinjaKitten

» I have a lot to talk about...
Sat Sep 09, 2017 1:58 pm by PretenseAndPoison

» Monsters can draw too
Thu Jun 29, 2017 2:59 am by UniversalMonster

» The Great Wall of Photos
Tue Jun 13, 2017 4:59 am by PretenseAndPoison

Statistics
We have 297 registered users
The newest registered user is apatheticsock

Our users have posted a total of 14091 messages in 341 subjects
October 2017
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Share | .

Pheonix-Croft Academy RPG IC

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18  Next
AuthorMessage
Spidey
Spectral

PostSubject: e white   Wed Aug 21, 2013 12:02 am

" If it makes the kid feel any better, I'll get feng to give me the details on this employer so i can follow her too . . Its not safe to assume any one of us hasn't been tainted in the mind just yet, but i can use my sage majics to get rid of any outside influences, the problem is it takes time, If our teacher is under any influence and these students are going missing because of it, as bad as it sounds we need to leave it in there, its the only key to the other students. Also pedro, safety is one thing, but you really are underestimating us if you think we are just children waving our staffs around, we could only get INTO this school if we were competent already, stop trying to play the white knight ,and do something helpful."
Back to top Go down
Soroya123
Paranaturalist

PostSubject: Re: Pheonix-Croft Academy RPG IC   Wed Aug 21, 2013 12:06 am

Celina thinks for a moment then shrugs her shoulders. Fine. Count me in. It's for the safety of the school and therefore action must be taken. Besides! she smiles widely We're all in this together! You guys got my back right and I've got yours! We're a team after all!

•Click to view•

Erie, Man of Danger
Paranaturalist

PostSubject: Re: Pheonix-Croft Academy RPG IC   Wed Aug 21, 2013 12:11 am

"Oh, good. We have to worry only some of the time that our goal has been completely compromised. And its a hive-mind now huh

We might as well just go head-on with confronting him, we might even provoke a response, A good way to divert attention. Or use the opportunity to mind jump the guy, apparently anyone can do that.

This really stopped being a covert mission as soon as you got a threat to back off."
Back to top Go down
Wealthy Lord Asssprite
Paranaturalist

PostSubject: Re: Pheonix-Croft Academy RPG IC   Wed Aug 21, 2013 1:20 am

It's good that you are an ideas man. How would you like to go about confronting him? Or maybe it should be just me, since I'm the only one who has been identified. Additionally, I'm the only one carrying enough toxin to paralyze an adult human male for his entire lifespan.
Back to top Go down
Soroya123
Paranaturalist

PostSubject: Re: Pheonix-Croft Academy RPG IC   Wed Aug 21, 2013 1:25 am

Celina frowns. If we think he's being controlled wouldn't we scare off the controller by direct confrontation?

•Click to view•

Spidey
Spectral

PostSubject: Re: Pheonix-Croft Academy RPG IC   Wed Aug 21, 2013 1:26 am

Apollo pipes up to discourage her. "We could but it wouldnt get us any closer to the students, which basically are our new goal."
Back to top Go down
Soroya123
Paranaturalist

PostSubject: Re: Pheonix-Croft Academy RPG IC   Wed Aug 21, 2013 1:31 am

Do we know which students? How many? Any particular trends in choice? I say stake out a bit, maybe a couple of days or maybe even a week. We can't just expect all the answers to come out of him once we capture him. It is quite plausible that the controller wipes the memories clean off to leave no trail. We also don't know if the rest of the hive can convert also. We might capture one to find that they took over the rest of the school. We can't just run in and hope for the best. You can't run into a cave that contains treasure and NOT expect traps, that would just be stupid.

•Click to view•

Erie, Man of Danger
Paranaturalist

PostSubject: Re: Pheonix-Croft Academy RPG IC   Wed Aug 21, 2013 1:42 am

"True, it might retreat, but it was bold enough to try and scare Feng away, and hasn't abandoned ship because someone already knows that Patterson is a part of this. I have a feeling that it is either overconfident in its ability to scare Feng away, or it can't afford to lose Patterson just yet.

We might be able to taunt it to reveal itself and face us instead of hiding, and if it does decide to hide, I'd wager that it will send people after us to stop us from investigating and make do with its threat to Feng.

Our goal is to draw it out, make us a threat to it despite if it runs away.

I suggest we need some one to taunt it out, while some one else looks through Patterson's stuff. Its using him for something, so if it retreats, we have a clue to what it was using Patterson for.

Feng, your probably the best alchemist here, you had an easier time identifying what Patterson has been doing by looking through his stuff. I think I can be sufficiently irritating to draw it out."
Back to top Go down
Wealthy Lord Asssprite
Paranaturalist

PostSubject: Re: Pheonix-Croft Academy RPG IC   Wed Aug 21, 2013 1:49 am

It's likely that they are targeting freshmen. Today is special in that there are a lot of new kids, after all, and they were planning to do something today. Therefore, be on your guard for students in our year acting oddly. My alchemical knowledge is largely limited to toxic materials, in all honesty. Poisons, not potions. If anyone else here has a more general knowledge base, they should perform the search and I should be the distraction.
Back to top Go down
eevocative
New Kid

PostSubject: Re: Pheonix-Croft Academy RPG IC   Wed Aug 21, 2013 1:29 pm

Auggie seems slightly disgruntled, and shocked by this voice. He growled at the boy who gave the grunt, then sighed, brushing his hand against his arm. He looked down at the ground for a second, then back up at the women whose voice he recognized. "Do I....Know you? I recognize your voice, and I don't think we've met..." He paused for a second, then winced, "Why were you talking to me? In my head, I mean?"
Back to top Go down
http://pizza-wentzz.tumblr.com/
Spidey
Spectral

PostSubject: Re: Pheonix-Croft Academy RPG IC   Wed Aug 21, 2013 3:55 pm

Auggie:

"I tried to talk to you before, you and I, we were fate to meet each other, I had to make sure you'd come, I had to protect you from them. They don't know about you, about what you'll do just yet. We can help you and show you how to follow that path, and I only need you to do one thing auggie, just one. . . Will you hear my request?"

------------------------------------------------

Apollo:

" We cant afford to do too much here, too heavy a hand and whoever is using Mr Patterson will just move on to a new teacher, or he'll give us all the slip, she said tail him, so that's what we do, but Feng I don't think its a good idea for you to get too directly involved. Any sign of you on his trail and it'll be impossible to track him, He seemed to like Celina, so if anyone should be trying to butter up to him it should be her."
Back to top Go down
eevocative
New Kid

PostSubject: Re: Pheonix-Croft Academy RPG IC   Wed Aug 21, 2013 4:03 pm

He looked away for a moment, then nodded. "I suppose so..." His eyes wondered again.
Back to top Go down
Wealthy Lord Asssprite
Paranaturalist

PostSubject: Re: Pheonix-Croft Academy RPG IC   Wed Aug 21, 2013 4:06 pm

You make a fair point, Apollo. Celina, do you believe yourself capable of dealing with him?
Back to top Go down
Soroya123
Paranaturalist

PostSubject: Re: Pheonix-Croft Academy RPG IC   Wed Aug 21, 2013 8:37 pm

Celina grins Yes! I suck horribly at Alchemy and I could be asking for extra tutoring lessons! she pauses then says carefully We should probably monitor my behavior also before each time I make contact, to see if he tries to suck me into the hive mind...

•Click to view•

Spidey
Spectral

PostSubject: Re: Pheonix-Croft Academy RPG IC   Wed Aug 21, 2013 11:49 pm

Auggie:

The girl sashee's around auggie, dancing on air as she levitates around the shy boy. "Well then. . ." she says as she puts her arms around him from behind, grasping him in a light hug with her chest pressing against his back " I just need you to go get a book for me from the library, its blue, has black binding and is kept by the new librarian, He stole it from me when i entered school, without it, our group will be crippled. That book is stolen property and I want it back, you must know how it feels to have people try to bully you because you're different right? All you have to do is bust in, smash whatever gets in your way, and get the book, in and out, the other members and I will cover your tracks, its a simple get in , get the book , get out job."

The girl then shows Auggie the way to get to the library, and that the case with the book is at the back.

==================================================
Apollo:

"We have a few options, maybe get someone to investigate the lab behind his office, someone else to tail Mr. Patterson himself, and since I have the job of tailing the other teacher, somebody else should probably gather info on the students, start asking questions, you know work to find the students."
Back to top Go down
Erie, Man of Danger
Paranaturalist

PostSubject: Re: Pheonix-Croft Academy RPG IC   Thu Aug 22, 2013 12:35 am

"I highly doubt we're going to get anything by tailing him or student info. And what other teacher? Most info we'll get from people in a school is rumors. Highly unreliable, and often an exaggeration and untrue. And if we apply the same logic that the thing will retreat if we confront Patterson, why the hell would it not do the same with any student we learn about? If its smart, its going to be paying attention for such talk, and hide when it needs to. And if it learned of the 'secret' meeting with Feng, it could easily learn of any attempt to tail him. Meanwhile, It growing stronger, and we're pussyfooting around, trying to do a covert operation that's already been compromised. Futility at its finest.

Only options I see is a direct confrontation, with the purpose to force it to retreat and give us easy access to Patterson's alchemy lab to search what he's been doing before the thing has a chance to destroy evidence, or it does decide to face us then, and we get a shot at it before it grows to powerful.

The last option would have to be a purge like one. We get the whole school involved, everyone get mind sweeps, and force into a corner as it can no longer hide or escape due to this schools isolation. I highly doubt we'll get support for this though since its obvious the teachers could care less, that's why we're ding all this dirty work."
Back to top Go down
Wealthy Lord Asssprite
Paranaturalist

PostSubject: Re: Pheonix-Croft Academy RPG IC   Thu Aug 22, 2013 12:47 am

Well, it is clear that time is of the essence here. However... I would like the chance to investigate the alchemy lab before confrontation. At the very least, we may be able to determine some of their methodology before we confront them. If it turns out they only need something like proximity, or eye contact, or other similar technique to enter ones mind... We would be unable to confront them directly at all. We would have to resort to quarantining them and then eliminating the entire quarantined zone. However, if we find that they have been drugging students, or else amplifying their mind magic through alchemy, we would have a chance of success. And, Pedro, you continue to underestimate the students of this academy. While it is true that for me this place is safer than the outside world, we are not truly mere students to be protected and guided by adults. We are operatives ourselves. We will be trusted with missions, and failure will have a far more severe cost than a bad grade. Did you come here completely unprepared for that?
Back to top Go down
Erie, Man of Danger
Paranaturalist

PostSubject: Re: Pheonix-Croft Academy RPG IC   Thu Aug 22, 2013 1:04 am

"I came here to learn and find my place, no, I did not expect codaling, but I still expect sensibility. Soldiers are trained for months, if not at least a year before they are deemed eligible for real combat, regardless of how talented they are. Here, they shove us, completely unprepared, on the second day, and hope for the best or are expecting masters of arts that takes years to learn, the very things we haven't learned and are here to learn. You don't drop a baby into water and hope they can swim. We aren't operatives. We are operatives in training.

And I have learned you should never underestimate the ignorance of others. And so far I have not seen proof that this school is exempt, specially with the train incident."

Pedro looks quite wary. I came here prepared to learn, to earn a name other than dragon. But so far, I don't think this school is here to actually teach anything anymore.
Back to top Go down
Wealthy Lord Asssprite
Paranaturalist

PostSubject: Re: Pheonix-Croft Academy RPG IC   Thu Aug 22, 2013 1:43 am

Everyone has already been trained fairly heavily before coming to this school, Pedro. We've are all skilled enough to be qualified as grunt soldiers-for-hire already, if we were inclined for the role, and we would be unable to get into this school at all if we hadn't. This isn't basic training, it's taking us from capable to elite levels. Of course we need real combat experience to accomplish that. Are you going to be serious about it or do you want to go home?
Back to top Go down
Erie, Man of Danger
Paranaturalist

PostSubject: Re: Pheonix-Croft Academy RPG IC   Thu Aug 22, 2013 2:09 am

Pedro just shakes his head. "I think your over estimating the skill level here. And you still don't push such a mission onto such grunts as soon as you hire them and expect instant success.

If I see proof of this, fine, I'll admit your correct, but so far, I have yet to see anything to give me such faith."

"You know what, I'm heading for the library. Once you guys figured out a game plan, you can find me there, I've said my piece."

Pedro then takes his leave and heads for the library.
Back to top Go down
Wealthy Lord Asssprite
Paranaturalist

PostSubject: Re: Pheonix-Croft Academy RPG IC   Thu Aug 22, 2013 3:22 am

Right, ignoring that, we should move. Celina, keep Mr. Patterson out of his lab for about 45 minutes. I'll take a look around and see if I can find anything that might be used to weaken the minds of the innocent.
Back to top Go down
Soroya123
Paranaturalist

PostSubject: Re: Pheonix-Croft Academy RPG IC   Thu Aug 22, 2013 4:01 am

Celina chews her lip pensivly then nods her head slowly. Hey Feng can I borrow one of the more violent of your poisons? I have an idea that I think might work.I was thinking that I could have "found" it on the floor somewhere, and being tired took it back to my room. Too bad for me I am clumsy when tired so I end up tripping and breaking the ring on accident in my room, spilling on my belongings and I don't know what to do. I think it would work, I jst want to run it by you. It might not buy you 45 minutes per say but it could buy you at least thirty...Oh! Apollo do you have any alchemy thing I can borrow? After he helps with the damage control I could quite possibly show him the alchemy stuff I have been practicing and ask for extra help as I am abysmal at alchemy! That would buy you more time if he agrees...but.... she pauses and frowns We need a way to communicate! Some way of letting you know he is on his way back to his office... another pause, then,Apollo, you could wait by your door while he's in there with me and dash out like you need to be somewhere fast...perhaps delivering something to Feng? Get there before he does and let him know to get out. What do you guys think?

•Click to view•

eevocative
New Kid

PostSubject: Re: Pheonix-Croft Academy RPG IC   Thu Aug 22, 2013 3:06 pm

Auggie blushes wildly when the girl hugs him, and lowers his head. W-well, it is hers....It wouldn't be bad to steal it back right? It'd be the right thing, returning the book to it's proper owner..., Auggie thought to himself as he turned the task over in his mind. It was the right thing to do, wasn't it? He decided that it was, in fact, the right thing to do, especially because it did belong to her. He nodded, slowly, "Yeah....I'll get it back for you, right now...." He looked off, scanning the directions.
Back to top Go down
Wealthy Lord Asssprite
Paranaturalist

PostSubject: Re: Pheonix-Croft Academy RPG IC   Thu Aug 22, 2013 3:46 pm

You can borrow one of my poisons. You cannot borrow one of my more violent poisons, because if you were to mishandle them, you would kill yourself as well as probably more than one innocent. Apollo is probably too busy to stand guard for us, though. Just talk loudly the whole time and follow him back to the lab, still chattering, alright? I'll hear you from a great distance.
Back to top Go down
Soroya123
Paranaturalist

PostSubject: Re: Pheonix-Croft Academy RPG IC   Thu Aug 22, 2013 4:06 pm

Celina nods her head They are your poisons so what ever you feel comfortable handing over, though maybe something that is visible beneath the stone perhaps? Curiosity killed the cat you know! Or, rather, my carpet.

•Click to view•

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Pheonix-Croft Academy RPG IC   

Back to top Go down

Pheonix-Croft Academy RPG IC

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 15 of 18Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18  Next