The Activity Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Activity Club

For the fans of Zack Morrison's webcomic Paranatural.

PortalHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Top posters
Erie, Man of Danger
Chapter One Vote_lcapChapter One Voting_barChapter One Vote_rcap 
Wealthy Lord Asssprite
Soroya123
NinjaKitten
Baron Von Aardvark
Spidey
Leo M. R.
W!tch
Westbrook
tylerouzts
Latest topics
» Chapter Seven
Chapter One Icon_minitimeSat Mar 20, 2021 10:11 pm by ThePyromaniac

» Hear me out... (BERG theory)
Chapter One Icon_minitimeTue Oct 06, 2020 12:32 pm by janusjekyll

» Hello Activity Club
Chapter One Icon_minitimeTue Sep 22, 2020 9:07 am by janusjekyll

» Non-specific Greeting
Chapter One Icon_minitimeFri Sep 04, 2020 5:05 pm by Westbrook

» (slides in) Good Evening
Chapter One Icon_minitimeMon Aug 03, 2020 4:51 pm by Clayview

» I shout into the void
Chapter One Icon_minitimeMon Aug 03, 2020 4:49 pm by Clayview

Statistics
We have 325 registered users
The newest registered user is AL

Our users have posted a total of 14282 messages in 355 subjects
March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Chapter One

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
acid
Admin
acid

Chapter One Empty
PostSubject: Chapter One   Chapter One Icon_minitimeSun Mar 24, 2013 1:16 am

How 'bout that first chapter?
Back to top Go down
http://clockwise11037.tumblr.com/
AradiaMegido
New Kid
AradiaMegido

Chapter One Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chapter One   Chapter One Icon_minitimeMon Mar 25, 2013 4:45 am

Dangarang, it sure was a first chapter! I remember being impressed and vaguely frightened by the grasp that Zack had on such over-the-top expressions. My impressions were good from the start and when things started getting crazy, I was there for the ride.

Somehow, when the first chapter ended, I had the sneaking suspicion I'd really, really enjoy this comic, and it hasn't failed me yet. From the first chapter onward, it made things seem intriguing and overall pretty darn fun.
Back to top Go down
http://ticktocksheep.tumblr.com/
Leo M. R.
Spectral
Leo M. R.

Chapter One Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chapter One   Chapter One Icon_minitimeFri Mar 29, 2013 11:46 am

Quote :
My impressions were good from the start and when things started getting crazy, I was there for the ride.

Concur'd, oh so much! I love the flow of the whole chapter, always keeping an air of mystery yet still humorous and action-y at the same time! Though I did have somewhat of a hard time keeping track of the relatively large cast at first (when Ed was revealed to be a member of the PAC, I didn't even remember he had been introduced earlier ._. I know I know, it was supposed to be a surprising revelation, but I only realized it after I re-read it).

Having said that, I think it was an awesome introductory chapter! The speedy evolution of the artwork didn't hurt, either. And the faces, man. The faces! The expressions of the characters. Spectracular! (see what I did there? Wink)
Back to top Go down
Cleverdan
New Kid
Cleverdan

Chapter One Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chapter One   Chapter One Icon_minitimeFri Mar 29, 2013 11:57 am

I really enjoyed the first chapter, and it's pretty great to watch the comic zip forward in terms of quality of the art so quickly. Plus, all the important introductions were made here. Wonder who will/won't be important in the long run.
Back to top Go down
W!tch
Mag!c
W!tch

Chapter One Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chapter One   Chapter One Icon_minitimeFri Mar 29, 2013 3:03 pm

I went back and reread it recently, and I was surprised by how the quality took off after only a few pages. First color, then cleaner lines, etc. etc. In other words it makes me sad, because why can't I have artistic talent?
Back to top Go down
TurquoiseOwls
New Kid
TurquoiseOwls

Chapter One Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chapter One   Chapter One Icon_minitimeMon Apr 01, 2013 10:52 am

W!tch wrote:
I went back and reread it recently, and I was surprised by how the quality took off after only a few pages. First color, then cleaner lines, etc. etc. In other words it makes me sad, because why can't I have artistic talent?

Yes, whenever I reread it, it just blows my mind how quickly his art evolves. The expressions always had me hooked from the beginning.
One of the early panels has even become that meme/reaction photo that I've seen going around about missing friends phone calls, from Ch 1, page 13.
Back to top Go down
Leo M. R.
Spectral
Leo M. R.

Chapter One Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chapter One   Chapter One Icon_minitimeMon Apr 01, 2013 11:35 am

W!tch wrote:

Because I don't have any visual artistic talent, and join me in the pits of despair you must!

But yeah, you hit the nail on the head there. The quality improved so quickly!
Back to top Go down
NinjaKitten
Paranaturalist
NinjaKitten

Chapter One Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chapter One   Chapter One Icon_minitimeSat Dec 05, 2015 1:39 am

I just realized something! About the first chapter! When going back and taking a look at the earlier pages, Johnny had Max land on his head with a scooter, but felt fine. Then, Max saw a purple thing on Johnny's head. Isabel later reveals with looking at it that it is a doctopus. And, we all know what doctopi do!

They sit on where it hurts and eat the pain.

That's why Johnny didn't feel pain! I originally thought his skull was just that thick.

...Why do I feel so pleased with this discovery? I am ashamed with myself...
Back to top Go down
Westbrook
Spectral
Westbrook

Chapter One Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chapter One   Chapter One Icon_minitimeSun Dec 06, 2015 2:59 am

NinjaKitten wrote:
I just realized something! About the first chapter! When going back and taking a look at the earlier pages, Johnny had Max land on his head with a scooter, but felt fine. Then, Max saw a purple thing on Johnny's head. Isabel later reveals with looking at it that it is a doctopus. And, we all know what doctopi do!

They sit on where it hurts and eat the pain.

That's why Johnny didn't feel pain! I originally thought his skull was just that thick.

...Why do I feel so pleased with this discovery? I am ashamed with myself...
AHHHHHHH

AHHHHHHHHHHHHH

That is an awesome find!!  I always thought the same thing too!
Back to top Go down
NinjaKitten
Paranaturalist
NinjaKitten

Chapter One Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chapter One   Chapter One Icon_minitimeSun Dec 06, 2015 3:17 am

The thing about the doctopus or the thick skull? Right now I'm assuming it's the skull thickness.
Back to top Go down
Westbrook
Spectral
Westbrook

Chapter One Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chapter One   Chapter One Icon_minitimeMon Dec 07, 2015 2:59 am

The skull thickness, yeah. I played it off as "Well Johnny is apparently a weird, strong guy?" and it was so early in Paranatural that I thought that was Zach's style; play it off as not a big deal. Nowadays I know his style is more to have a plan for every tiniest detail, so that's a really neat thing to see in retrospect.
Back to top Go down
NinjaKitten
Paranaturalist
NinjaKitten

Chapter One Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chapter One   Chapter One Icon_minitimeMon Dec 07, 2015 3:41 am

Speaking of comics with attention to the tiniest details, Unsounded is a really good comic with incredible attention to details, though it can be a bit gorey and there's one nsfw scene. Even something as small as not drawing nipples is important eventually.

But that's off topic. I really think that it's good to reread a comic once in a while. You just might notice things you didn't notice before! Wink speaking of which, while glancing through the beginning again, I wondered for a moment if the colored pages showed Max as being more spectral-y, but then I decided it wasn't anything like that. What do you think?
Back to top Go down
Westbrook
Spectral
Westbrook

Chapter One Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chapter One   Chapter One Icon_minitimeThu Dec 10, 2015 9:52 pm

NinjaKitten wrote:
But that's off topic. I really think that it's good to reread a comic once in a while. You just might notice things you didn't notice before! Wink speaking of which, while glancing through the beginning again, I wondered for a moment if the colored pages showed Max as being more spectral-y, but then I decided it wasn't anything like that. What do you think?
I haven't really had the time to re-read the beginning of the comic lately, but given that the pages were so many years ago, it becomes a guessing game of "which parts of this did Zach plan WAY ahead on", haha. So who knows!
Back to top Go down
NinjaKitten
Paranaturalist
NinjaKitten

Chapter One Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chapter One   Chapter One Icon_minitimeFri Dec 11, 2015 12:23 am

Yes, who knows... (Hint: it's Zack!)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Chapter One Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chapter One   Chapter One Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Chapter One

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1