The Activity Club

For the fans of Zack Morrison's webcomic Paranatural.
 
PortalHomeCalendarFAQRegisterLog in
Log in
Username:
Password:
Log in automatically: 
:: I forgot my password
Top posters
Erie, Man of Danger
 
Wealthy Lord Asssprite
 
Soroya123
 
Baron Von Aardvark
 
NinjaKitten
 
Spidey
 
Leo M. R.
 
W!tch
 
Westbrook
 
tylerouzts
 
Latest topics
» Chapter Five
Mon Jul 31, 2017 1:26 am by NinjaKitten

» Monsters can draw too
Thu Jun 29, 2017 2:59 am by UniversalMonster

» The Great Wall of Photos
Tue Jun 13, 2017 4:59 am by PretenseAndPoison

» Other webcomics you read?
Mon Jun 12, 2017 12:39 am by NinjaKitten

» Horror Games
Sun Jun 11, 2017 4:07 am by NinjaKitten

» General Off-Topic Discussion Topic
Wed Jun 07, 2017 10:02 pm by NinjaKitten

Statistics
We have 291 registered users
The newest registered user is brideofwinter

Our users have posted a total of 14078 messages in 339 subjects
August 2017
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
 123456
78910111213
14151617181920
21222324252627
28293031   
CalendarCalendar
Search
 
 

Display results as :
 
Rechercher Advanced Search

Share | .
 

 Pokemon Tabletop Adventures ICC

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11 ... 18  Next
AuthorMessage
Erie, Man of Danger
Paranaturalist
avatar

Posts : 2026
Join date : 2013-03-26

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Tabletop Adventures ICC   Fri Oct 18, 2013 10:19 pm

Yes that is how you would do a Perception Check, but I said or. Ya only get to do one or the other to figure out the blockade.
Back to top Go down
Baron Von Aardvark
Paranaturalist
avatar

Posts : 1005
Join date : 2013-03-29

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Tabletop Adventures ICC   Fri Oct 18, 2013 11:51 pm

Paul does the obvious and walks towards the rustling grass.

Let's see what we can see~ (1d20+2=5)

Today is not a good day for my rolling.
Back to top Go down
Erie, Man of Danger
Paranaturalist
avatar

Posts : 2026
Join date : 2013-03-26

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Tabletop Adventures ICC   Sat Oct 19, 2013 2:38 am

Paul goes and disturbs the grass, 2 bird like pokemon pop out scared by the sudden human interaction and try to make a run for it, pretty ineffectually as they run into each other.

What Paul doesn't see is that another pokemon, a rodent like one, has appeared behind him while he is distracted by the birds. Obviously perturbed by the human disturbing his home, he makes an attack at Paul's behind. Incoming 15 points of normal damage.


Outside of official league battles, it is possible to 'intercept'. Commanding your pokemon to intercept is a straight d20 roll, trying to equal or beat their accuracy check. If it succeeds, the mon successfully intercepts and receives the damage instead of the intended target.

Trainers can also intercept an attack, they get to add their dexterity modifier to the roll.

Intercepting does not cost you a trainer action when using mons, it does when your trainer intercepts themselves.

A trainers Dex modifier is the equivalent to a mon's Ev DEF/Ev SPDEF when attacked, (It raises the accuracy score to beat, max it can raise is a +10)

A trainers Con modifier is equivalent to a mon's DEF/SPDEF when attacked, (You subtract the modifier from the damage before applying it to your health.)

Also note that mon's can't attack the turn they are sent out from their balls, its akin to summoning sickness if you ever played Magic the Gathering. They can still be ordered to take positions and preform other tasks.
Back to top Go down
leviatron
Seeing Shades
avatar

Posts : 347
Join date : 2013-06-08

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Tabletop Adventures ICC   Sat Oct 19, 2013 2:08 pm

snow scans the pokemon. all three of them, assuming she saw the one attacking paul

i WOULD intercept myself, but hes got more HP.
Back to top Go down
Baron Von Aardvark
Paranaturalist
avatar

Posts : 1005
Join date : 2013-03-29

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Tabletop Adventures ICC   Sat Oct 19, 2013 2:29 pm

Since you're allowing me to intercept supposedly, I'm assuming Paul sees the attack before it hits him.

Not about to throw a baby Vulpix in the way of a simple tackle attack, Paul braces himself for the hit and takes it as best he can. (Con= damage-2; total: HP-13)

He scans the three pokemon with his pokedex while the rat-like one waits for him to attack. Very nice of it, he thinks. Then, he points to the rat-like pokemon.

Hemera, hit that thing with ember.

Hemera used Ember! (1d20=12, 2d6+7+1=18)

Ember - Fire - 2d6 - At-Will - 2 - Special Attack - 8 Range - Effect: 1 Target, Ranged - SPATK= +7 STAB= +1 - Burns with an accuracy check exceeding or equal to 18

Back to top Go down
Erie, Man of Danger
Paranaturalist
avatar

Posts : 2026
Join date : 2013-03-26

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Tabletop Adventures ICC   Sat Oct 19, 2013 2:43 pm

Eragon5055 wrote:
What Paul doesn't see is that another pokemon, a rodent like one, has appeared behind him while he is distracted by the birds. Obviously perturbed by the human disturbing his home, he makes an attack at Paul's behind. Incoming 15 points of normal
Nope, I explicitly stated that Paul doesn't see, but it is clear to everyone else (You rolled terrible perception remembs?) They are going to have ta intercept for ya with themselves or their mons or themselves.

Though it seems you are willing the just take the hit. You'd definitely know then.
Back to top Go down
Baron Von Aardvark
Paranaturalist
avatar

Posts : 1005
Join date : 2013-03-29

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Tabletop Adventures ICC   Sat Oct 19, 2013 3:07 pm

Yup. I only needed to know for the accuracy of my narration, so I didn't bother to wait for a response.
Back to top Go down
Soroya123
Paranaturalist
avatar

Posts : 1278
Join date : 2013-03-29

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Tabletop Adventures ICC   Sat Oct 19, 2013 8:53 pm

Knowledge check
1d20+1 → [5,1] = (6)
phoo. :/

Erin notices Paul fighting a pokemon and scans the pokemon she sees with her pokedex, then pulls out Porgy's pokeball and lets him out. Hey Porgy! How's about we get a new mate? she pulls out a spare pokeball from her bag puts that in her pocket, puts Porgy's ball in a front pocket of her backpack. She puts her left hand on the package and the pokeball in her pocket then goes into the tall grass.

http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4264520/



•Click to view•

_________________
Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://soroya123.tumblr.com/
leviatron
Seeing Shades
avatar

Posts : 347
Join date : 2013-06-08

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Tabletop Adventures ICC   Sun Oct 20, 2013 2:15 pm

we are all sucking at these rolls... lets hope voodoo can do better...
hesitating slightly, snow says; "umm, get ready to, uh, fight poli!" snow throws the pokeball containing poli a short distance in front of here
i'd say about 0.5-1 meter away. also considering the fact that this isnt really a compotion of any sort, shes still in here shy personality, everyone else may(if they want) rile her up a bit to make her be more serious. just a suggestion.
Back to top Go down
Spidey
Spectral
avatar

Posts : 944
Join date : 2013-03-31

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Tabletop Adventures ICC   Sun Oct 20, 2013 2:37 pm

My . . .my luck, its abandoned me . . .

Luna decides to walk over to the young men trying to catch some bug poke' mon. All the while thinking to herself, "More money for me". she lowers her hood, and reveals her face , to avoid suspicion while approaching.
Back to top Go down
Erie, Man of Danger
Paranaturalist
avatar

Posts : 2026
Join date : 2013-03-26

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Tabletop Adventures ICC   Sun Oct 20, 2013 4:54 pm

Luna:

The bug catching 12-14 year hold in shorts and a bee-net hat puts his finger to his mouth and gives Luna a shush. "You'll scare away the bugs, I swear I saw a shiny Weedle in this area and I'm not going to loose it."

Snow:

Poli is sent out and stands dignified.

Erin:

Erin opens up more grass to find a nest of yellowish orange pokemon with a sharp horn on its head and a sharp stinger on the end of its tail. There is a total of four, all look curious at the intruding human.

One starts to back away slowwwwwwwwwly, another justs shrugs (Well, as best as a creature with no arms can shrug) and goes back to sleep, another stares at Erin intently, and the last one with boldness just starts crawling on the grass and onto Erin's hand, it seems more curious then surprised.

Paul:

Hemera jumps down from Paul's pack and rarin to protect its owner, but the rat pokemon is quicker, it comes and attacks Paul again, trying to flatten him. Accuracy: 4, Damage: 13 (not sure if this actually hits Paul, if you have a Dex mod of +2 I doesn't, or a Ev DEF of +2)

Hemera then fires her ember and it slams into the rat, The Pokémon fails limp and it has scorch marks, it has fainted and its in critical condition.

The bird pokemon flail as they struggle to get up.

Everyone now is staring at the new trainers, who have disturbed recesses/bug hunts

If I separate you guy's sections with ..................... line breaks, then you are out of visible sight. Meaning everyone watched as Paul got tackled by a rodent and just grabbed some popcorn instead of helped.

Pokedex (Erin only as she's the only one that scanned):

Rattata, the Mouse Pokémon

Will chew on anything with its fangs. If you see one, it is certain that 40 more live in the area.
Back to top Go down
Soroya123
Paranaturalist
avatar

Posts : 1278
Join date : 2013-03-29

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Tabletop Adventures ICC   Sun Oct 20, 2013 7:16 pm

oh. Sorry Von!

Erin looks at the pokemon curiously and slowly sits down saying Don't worry, I'm not going to harm you. ,and making sure not to distrub the one on her arm, she looks at that one in particular and says Hello there! Aren't you a curious one? My name is Erin, and this is Porgy. And I'm going to be a pokemon Master! she smiles gestures at Porgy with her free hand. She then pulls out her Pokedex and hold it up to scan the pokemon This is a pokedex, which is like an encyclopedia of pokemon, so now I can find out what kind of pokemon you are. It's nothing to be afraid of. 




•Click to view•

_________________
Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://soroya123.tumblr.com/
leviatron
Seeing Shades
avatar

Posts : 347
Join date : 2013-06-08

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Tabletop Adventures ICC   Sun Oct 20, 2013 7:45 pm

FIRST i scaned all the pokemon:

leviatron wrote:
snow scans the pokemon. all three of them, assuming she saw the one attacking paul

i WOULD intercept myself, but hes got more HP.
that was the whole post, in which i did state my second thing, i HAD a reason why i sat back and ate popcorn. now onto my actual post...

snow breaks down from all the people looking at her, she curls to the ground in desperation to hide her face, she tries to say something but it comes out as a low murmur, even though it strikes this impression on most of the people who see her, shes not crying, just having trouble respoonding to all the people staring at her in a negative way. still hiding her face she dashes over to a tree to hide herself behind,in the oppisite direction of paul, grabbing poli by the head to take with her.
Back to top Go down
Spidey
Spectral
avatar

Posts : 944
Join date : 2013-03-31

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Tabletop Adventures ICC   Sun Oct 20, 2013 9:42 pm

"Would you like some help?" She says innocently while whispering
Back to top Go down
Erie, Man of Danger
Paranaturalist
avatar

Posts : 2026
Join date : 2013-03-26

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Tabletop Adventures ICC   Mon Oct 21, 2013 12:52 am

Oop, sorry Levi, though not intercepting cause he's got more 'Hp' is meta. Would you ignore a guy who was getting attacked by a dog because "He's got more HP." Pokémon also can intercept the turn they are sent out, just not attack. Hp is a representation of a person's health, not an actual measurable thing in the game world.

Same thing for damage, that's why Paul's comment of 'Mr. 13 damage' makes no sense in character.

Anywhose, hears your other scan that Levi can see. (Can't see the mon's Erin is messing with in the tall grass.


Pokedex:

Pidgey, the Tiny Bird Pokémon

It usually hides in tall grass. Because it dislikes fighting, it protects itself by kicking up sand.
Back to top Go down
Baron Von Aardvark
Paranaturalist
avatar

Posts : 1005
Join date : 2013-03-29

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Tabletop Adventures ICC   Mon Oct 21, 2013 1:44 am

Von Aardvark wrote:
He scans the three pokemon with his pokedex while the rat-like one waits for him to attack. Very nice of it, he thinks. Then, he points to the rat-like pokemon.

I scanned, too. Please ignore the retrospectively invalid metahumor.


Last edited by Von Aardvark on Mon Oct 21, 2013 1:51 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Erie, Man of Danger
Paranaturalist
avatar

Posts : 2026
Join date : 2013-03-26

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Tabletop Adventures ICC   Mon Oct 21, 2013 1:50 am

Well, ^$&^. I'm being really unattentive as of late apparently. Well then you scanned them.
Back to top Go down
Baron Von Aardvark
Paranaturalist
avatar

Posts : 1005
Join date : 2013-03-29

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Tabletop Adventures ICC   Mon Oct 21, 2013 1:51 am

Paul watches the ratata rush him once more. He thinks to himself, I sure hope someone gives me a hand here.

Assuming nobody does, he receives eleven more damage, dropping him below half HP.

Paul's having a hard time calling this a good day. He decides to think of yesterday, the day he got his first pokemon, as a good day. Today can be that really painful day he began a pokemon journey.
Back to top Go down
Baron Von Aardvark
Paranaturalist
avatar

Posts : 1005
Join date : 2013-03-29

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Tabletop Adventures ICC   Mon Oct 21, 2013 2:34 am

Paul admires his pokemon's power. Her second battle, ended in one hit! It was really quite fantastic.

Great job, Hemera. I'll get you a treat in the next town.

He takes out a pokeball and tosses it at the ratata. (1d100+5-25=69)

...not so good. I hope it's enough for a ratata, but I don't expect much.
Back to top Go down
Erie, Man of Danger
Paranaturalist
avatar

Posts : 2026
Join date : 2013-03-26

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Tabletop Adventures ICC   Mon Oct 21, 2013 2:51 am

Luna:

THe uy gives you another shush, not really looking at you or paying much attention to your more intent on the patch of grass in front of him.

Snow:

Everyone just rolls their eyes and continues on their daily business.

Erin:

Pokedex:

 

Weedle, the Hairy Bug Pokémon

Its poison stinger is very powerful. Its bright-colored body is intended to warn off its enemies.

The Weedle looks at the device quite inquisitively, your not sure it understands what your saying, but its relatively calm.

Paul:

The Pidgey's get away.

The Pokeball flies and hits it's target, the unconscious Pokémon is turned it energy and enters the device. The ball shakes.

shakes.

shaaaaaaaaaakes.

and Ding!

You congrats you have got yourself a Rattata!

Pokémon Stats:

Rattata

Name: (Not given yet)

Gender: Male

Health/MaxHealth: 9/9

LV. 3

Exp:0

Ability: Guts

Nature: Desperate

Base Stats             Total

HP:        2 + 0 =  2
ATK:      8 + 0 =  8
DEF:      4 + 0 =  4
SPATK:  3 + 0 =  3
SPDEF:  4 + 0 =  4
SPEED:  7 + 0 =  7

Ev DEF=0 + 0 =+0

Ev SPDEF=0 + 0=+0

Moves:
Tackle

Tail Whip

__

__

__

__

(Name and level you mon Smile, should have a total of 2 points to spend and the new stats in the OCC)
Back to top Go down
leviatron
Seeing Shades
avatar

Posts : 347
Join date : 2013-06-08

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Tabletop Adventures ICC   Mon Oct 21, 2013 4:55 pm

snow sits there for a short time, i'd say about a minute, maybe two... when she is finaly able to mutter "a-are they gone?"skip the couple of hours it will take to respond saying something like "poli looks around the tree and makes a nodding motion." or something along thouse lines...just making me join up with paul a bit quicker. snows strength returns to her and she gets up, still feeling a little on edge and walks over to paul as he catches the rattata. "so, uh, you caught it? thats kinda cool, you know...? she blushes.
Back to top Go down
Spidey
Spectral
avatar

Posts : 944
Join date : 2013-03-31

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Tabletop Adventures ICC   Mon Oct 21, 2013 8:13 pm

Perception check PERCEPTION CHEEECK (1d20-1=1)

Luna Decides to turn around and leave, the boy isn't worth the effort.
Back to top Go down
Soroya123
Paranaturalist
avatar

Posts : 1278
Join date : 2013-03-29

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Tabletop Adventures ICC   Mon Oct 21, 2013 11:41 pm

Erin closes the pokedex and puts it away. A weedle huh? Cute. Erin takes off her back pack, carefully maneuvering her arm so as not to disturb the weedle much, then puts her bag on the ground in front of her. She gently pulls out her flute case and asks, How would you like to hear some music? You're gonna have to get off my hand for that though.



•Click to view•

_________________
Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://soroya123.tumblr.com/
Baron Von Aardvark
Paranaturalist
avatar

Posts : 1005
Join date : 2013-03-29

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Tabletop Adventures ICC   Tue Oct 22, 2013 8:16 pm

Paul scans the weedle. Might as well.
Back to top Go down
Erie, Man of Danger
Paranaturalist
avatar

Posts : 2026
Join date : 2013-03-26

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Tabletop Adventures ICC   Tue Oct 22, 2013 9:10 pm

Eragon5055 wrote:
(Can't see the mon's Erin is messing with in the tall grass.
Sorry man, it just looks like Erin in the tall grass, can't see the tiny mon she's talking to. Weedles are reaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaally small, and Erin is in the tall grass.

*Shrugs* we're all being unattentive as of late, I'll let ya have the scan, one freebie for my mistake.


Paul:

Paul stands there in victory, quite battered, and I'm guessing a little peev'd that his 'teammates' didn't help him out with getting beat. Hemera looks over Paul with concern.

Erin:

The Weedle, still curious, crawls onto a nearby grass blade to see what the human is motioning him about.

Luna:

Hehehehe, you're not getting off that easy, you rolled a 1. Critical Failure. You're mine now. Buyahahahahahaha!!!

Luna gets a goooooooooooooooooooooooooooood look at the bug catcher guy. While trying to see if he is a good target to steal from, she comes to the realization that this is the most handsome man she has ever laid her eye's upon.

She instantly feels weak at the knees.

You roll, you run the risk.

Snow:

As Snow walks away from the tree, she can hear a small sound, sorta like a "Who" eminate from the tree.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Tabletop Adventures ICC   

Back to top Go down
 

Pokemon Tabletop Adventures ICC

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 4 of 18Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11 ... 18  Next

 Similar topics

-
» The VW adventures of ASBug...
» Diving Adventures Christmas Island
» Thailand Golf Adventures
» Southeast Overland Adventures
» 3rd time lucky (many thanks to Peter and John from Goanna Gold Adventures)

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Activity Club :: Mayview Middle School :: Roleplaying Club-