The Activity Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Activity Club

For the fans of Zack Morrison's webcomic Paranatural.

PortalHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Top posters
Erie, Man of Danger
Interesting thigns about boss leader Vote_lcapInteresting thigns about boss leader Voting_barInteresting thigns about boss leader Vote_rcap 
Wealthy Lord Asssprite
Interesting thigns about boss leader Vote_lcapInteresting thigns about boss leader Voting_barInteresting thigns about boss leader Vote_rcap 
Soroya123
NinjaKitten
Baron Von Aardvark
Spidey
Leo M. R.
W!tch
Westbrook
tylerouzts
Latest topics
» Chapter Seven
Interesting thigns about boss leader Icon_minitimeSat Mar 20, 2021 10:11 pm by ThePyromaniac

» Hear me out... (BERG theory)
Interesting thigns about boss leader Icon_minitimeTue Oct 06, 2020 12:32 pm by janusjekyll

» Hello Activity Club
Interesting thigns about boss leader Icon_minitimeTue Sep 22, 2020 9:07 am by janusjekyll

» Non-specific Greeting
Interesting thigns about boss leader Icon_minitimeFri Sep 04, 2020 5:05 pm by Westbrook

» (slides in) Good Evening
Interesting thigns about boss leader Icon_minitimeMon Aug 03, 2020 4:51 pm by Clayview

» I shout into the void
Interesting thigns about boss leader Icon_minitimeMon Aug 03, 2020 4:49 pm by Clayview

Statistics
We have 325 registered users
The newest registered user is AL

Our users have posted a total of 14282 messages in 355 subjects
April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Interesting thigns about boss leader

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
nihtay
New Kid

Interesting thigns about boss leader Empty
PostSubject: Interesting thigns about boss leader   Interesting thigns about boss leader Icon_minitimeTue Jul 01, 2014 12:41 am

1. Speaks in a greyed out text... are there any meta-themes about greyed out text and what it means? Non selectable? In canon I'm guessing that it just means that her voice is muffled by the tape? Or she is speaking directly into the mind? Or just that it's a softer voice?

2. Her pocket had a white...postcardesque thing which was gone by the time she met Max. Was it a note from someone to her, from her to someone and what happened to it?

3. Her discovery of Max's relation to Mr Spender means that Spender had refused to let her in about...much about whatever goes on in Mayview, despite the Maelstrom, to what ends and for what reason? Max also leaked Isaac's name but I guess she probably knows about him if weathergod was defeated in order to possess Isaac

4. Power of dreams is powerful because basically it means BL can maintain a grip hold over people's ability to recuperate by giving people restless sleep if she so chooses, and also be leader without having ANYONE seen her real identity or hell the actually physical person ever, and negotiations at best will always be made on her terms in her realm, the consortium hub. Apparently people can also make mental barriers for themselves a la spender's room and Max's ability to dissolve his apparitions without training

Back to top Go down
nihtay
New Kid

PostSubject: Re: Interesting thigns about boss leader   Interesting thigns about boss leader Icon_minitimeMon Jul 07, 2014 10:39 am

It just struck me that the way the fabric is wrapped around BL's head could be a subconscious manifestation of the appearance of BL's real facial features (meta-aesthetically wise) and was trying to look for people in the cast page to see if anyone had strands of hair covering their eye an eyepatch or something

unfortunately no one came close... and it turns out the slanted strip of fabric isn't consistent with whether it covered the left or right eye either, so this might be a wild goose chase and Zack really didn't have anything like this foreshadowed

That is, assuming that among the cast members we currently have one of them is BL... at one point I wondered if it could be Max's mum, but after some consideration it would seem plausible for BL to actually be a smart kid projecting as someone older, it seems like the kind of extravagant thing to plan as an author... though I don't have any evidence for this theory
Back to top Go down
Floating Eyeball
New Kid

PostSubject: Re: Interesting thigns about boss leader   Interesting thigns about boss leader Icon_minitimeMon Jul 07, 2014 12:30 pm

Plot twist- BL is actually Zoey. "Am I smart enough now, Dad?"

In all seriousness, though, maybe Doghouse and Sam are the twins we saw, and BL's Sam? She seemed pretty smart, she knew that twins can absorb each other in the womb, and she's wearing glasses, which are sometimes used to symbolism intelligence, and BL showed up right where they were previously. Max might've texted her about the weird going-ons as well.
Back to top Go down
Baron Von Aardvark
Paranaturalist
Baron Von Aardvark

PostSubject: Re: Interesting thigns about boss leader   Interesting thigns about boss leader Icon_minitimeFri Jul 11, 2014 12:49 am

Sounds like BL's been running the consortium for quite a while, though- I'd even bet that she founded it. Given that, Sam just doesn't seem like a good suspect.

Also, I think BL's appearance in dreams may be her actual appearance. I think she's said that she's a medium, so the bandage head could just be a result of her possession.
Back to top Go down
nihtay
New Kid

PostSubject: Re: Interesting thigns about boss leader   Interesting thigns about boss leader Icon_minitimeFri Jul 11, 2014 7:20 am

With BL making a mole out of Max, Spender's probably going to have more trust issues come hither

Perhaps we can begin making a list of who's keeping what information from whom, and try to deduce what possible reasons they have to withhold that information

With the consortium's attitude towards spirits, I'm thinking if the shadow spirit was kept by Spender because he believes he can drill information out of the creature, while the consortium will most likely have it vanquished because of the danger it possess? At any rate the consortium likely doesn't know about Spender's possession.... though I'm not so sure about BL

Does BL know of the struggle between factions and various powerful spirits' animosity towards the consortium? I feel like she's too resourceful not to, but the way she talks to Max about Scrapdragon seems to dismiss it as nothing more than a wild nonsentient grudge, which seems to mean that the thing speaking through max to the doorman WASN'T scrapdragon... or she could just be feinting nonchalance?
Back to top Go down
Floating Eyeball
New Kid

PostSubject: Re: Interesting thigns about boss leader   Interesting thigns about boss leader Icon_minitimeFri Jul 11, 2014 3:05 pm

I seriously doubt it was Scrapdragon, Doorman and the possessor talked like their power was riddles and word games.
Maybe if she knows about their feelings, The Other Guy is one of the spirits against the Consortium and one would try to destroy the other and that's why Spender is trying to hide and cage him?
Back to top Go down
Erie, Man of Danger
Paranaturalist
Erie, Man of Danger

PostSubject: Re: Interesting thigns about boss leader   Interesting thigns about boss leader Icon_minitimeFri Jul 11, 2014 9:19 pm

It has been pretty much confirmed that Max is not possessed. Scrapdragon is the only spirit he is currently connected to at the moment, and it has most certainly been confirmed that it is inside the bat.

So that leaves very few options of who was speaking through Max to the doorman at that scene. I'm inclined to say it was Scrapdragon, especially with the panel where after the talk, the bat is smoking with spectral energy, as if to taunt Doorman, or as it was in use.

This leaves a few explanations for Scrappies behavior.

1. Scrapdragon was the one talking most certainly, and still a grudge. Acting like an animal is Scrapdragons ploy, trick the intruding Consortium member into think he's a none threat. I think this is the most likely option because it has already been shown grudges can still talk and act intelligently threw the Blue Whale spirit that went grudge in his fight with Max and Edd, so he could easily be acting. And if he was the spirit talking to the doorman, which again i'm about 70% certain he was, it shows he is most certainly intelligent and knowledgeable about the spirit struggle going on the town and possibly further that the Consortium is involved in, giving him plenty of reason to act the part.

2. Scrapdragon is in various states of grudgedom and can switch between normal and not voluntarily and involuntarily. Again, Blue Whale was able to change on command.

There are other explainations, but I think these two are the most plausible.
Back to top Go down
Floating Eyeball
New Kid

PostSubject: Re: Interesting thigns about boss leader   Interesting thigns about boss leader Icon_minitimeFri Jul 11, 2014 10:03 pm

RWF didn't look like a grudge, compare him to the bat and the train. And it's possible Max hasn't connected with the possessor yet, Spender's got two spirits, or that it's even possessing anything, being broken might put it in some new state.
Back to top Go down
Erie, Man of Danger
Paranaturalist
Erie, Man of Danger

PostSubject: Re: Interesting thigns about boss leader   Interesting thigns about boss leader Icon_minitimeSat Jul 12, 2014 12:15 am

Quote :
RWF didn't look like a grudge, compare him to the bat and the train.

Kinda not a very consistant "grudge look". Scrapdragon has a very sleek design when compared to the train, which we get to see a before and after, and dont forget the Bat spirit in the first chapter, which became skeletal. The only thing that seems to be a grudge look is "More Menacing"

Anway, page http://www.paranatural.net/index.php?id=94 and http://www.paranatural.net/index.php?id=95 RWF goes grudge, unless this is a second form no one has mentioned yet and I'm pretty sure Zach confirmed this was him goin' grudge.

Quote :
And it's possible Max hasn't connected with the possessor yet, Spender's got two spirits, or that it's even possessing anything, being broken might put it in some new state

I agree I'm not going to rule out a second spirit in Max, but from what I've seen, its unlikely. In the http://www.paranatural.net/index.php?id=274 We're in Max's head and the decorum is very "metal themed" and it looks like its in its defult theme like Spenders and Walkers. All three minds have shown that the spirit inhabiting them sorta of 'decorates' that head space. I can't find any secondary theme to this room, no decorations from a second spirit.

Another point is why would Scrapdragon tolerate a secondary passenger if its truly animalistic at the moment? It attacked BL (rather ineffectively) on sight. I can understand why even in an animalistic mind set it wouldn't attack Max, Max is food, Max is ticket for healing. BL was a foreign intruder. If a secondary spirit was there, it means competition for spirit energy, competition for food, not something It would seem to tolerate.

And the third point to why I don't think there is a secondary spirit is because BL herself has not spotted one. She wasn't with Max when he was looking at Scrappy in giant form, but is able to tell by the wisp that Scrappy was too big. Another additive is that this is her area of expertise, hard to get past a person who understands and can completely control the area she is in, in this case his unconscious mindscape.

Not sure what you mean by "that it's even possessing anything, being broken might put it in some new state" A broken tool releases the spirit, and that's not what you mean, I think then your describing something that breaks the rules so far laid out, and its a little early in the story to be breaking previously established rules.

Like I said before, not going to rule out the possibility of a second spirit. I just don't think its likely at this point.

Back to top Go down
Floating Eyeball
New Kid

PostSubject: Re: Interesting thigns about boss leader   Interesting thigns about boss leader Icon_minitimeSat Jul 12, 2014 10:16 pm

They all seemed to be darker in color, though. It seemed to me like he was just getting himself ready for a fight, but I guess it's possible it could be a grudge. It didn't seem like he suddenly got overly angry or anything to me, but there's no arguing with Zack if you find where he said it.
The floor and the chairs don't really seem magnetic-themes to me, but your points do make sense. I'm not saying that I think it's broken the rule that it has to possess something before it can recover or die, I'm saying that I think there's a set of rules different from what we know about if there is a second spirit.
Back to top Go down
Erie, Man of Danger
Paranaturalist
Erie, Man of Danger

PostSubject: Re: Interesting thigns about boss leader   Interesting thigns about boss leader Icon_minitimeSun Jul 13, 2014 11:11 am

For the whale, he quote on quote said "What was that? Couldn't hear you over my imagining the sound of your bone snapping flesh ghost." His skin was bubbling and spectral energy flying. He grew sharp teeth and became muscular and bigger then before and had several other minor changes to his design. When he was done, it looked like he was going to say "Behold, Perfection!" (A very post transformation line) before being punched. I'd say it had plenty of reason to go grudge, it being rascist and being taunted.

Before/after:

As I said before, I'm pretty sure Zach also confirmed it was going grudge, but I'll admit that I'm too lazy to go scrounging for it. Last time I looked for something Zach said to prove something, it took me over an hour because I was looking on the wrong page. Feel free to scrounge up yourself if you feel like it, but I understand that this point is a little more of a "I remember that" because I'm to lazy, so what ever.

As for the design of the room, The chair and pillows are purple. I think its more a taste sorta thing :p

As for the floor, I don't know, it looks like it could have the same type of symbols like the wallpaper in a little more elaborate fashion, but the angle it all looks like vague scribbles. I think that it means "Zach didnt find it important enough to draw with any major detail"

As for your last bit, Yes that could be possible, some rule we don't know is in effect. I personally feel though that saying that to make the point is sorta like trying to come up with a reason to why its that way because I want it to be. I'm not saying its why you think it, I'm just saying for me, I dont consider a possible rule that we don't know yet with major thought without secondary proof that such a rule is in place. Basically for me, "Its too early to make that assumption".
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Interesting thigns about boss leader   Interesting thigns about boss leader Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Interesting thigns about boss leader

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1