The Activity Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Activity Club

For the fans of Zack Morrison's webcomic Paranatural.

PortalHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Top posters
Erie, Man of Danger
Chapter Five - Page 5 Vote_lcapChapter Five - Page 5 Voting_barChapter Five - Page 5 Vote_rcap 
Wealthy Lord Asssprite
Chapter Five - Page 5 Vote_lcapChapter Five - Page 5 Voting_barChapter Five - Page 5 Vote_rcap 
Soroya123
NinjaKitten
Baron Von Aardvark
Spidey
Leo M. R.
W!tch
Westbrook
tylerouzts
Latest topics
» Chapter Seven
Chapter Five - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 20, 2021 10:11 pm by ThePyromaniac

» Hear me out... (BERG theory)
Chapter Five - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 06, 2020 12:32 pm by janusjekyll

» Hello Activity Club
Chapter Five - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 22, 2020 9:07 am by janusjekyll

» Non-specific Greeting
Chapter Five - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 04, 2020 5:05 pm by Westbrook

» (slides in) Good Evening
Chapter Five - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 03, 2020 4:51 pm by Clayview

» I shout into the void
Chapter Five - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 03, 2020 4:49 pm by Clayview

Statistics
We have 325 registered users
The newest registered user is AL

Our users have posted a total of 14282 messages in 355 subjects
March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Chapter Five

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 19 ... 34  Next
AuthorMessage
NinjaKitten
Paranaturalist
NinjaKitten

Chapter Five - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chapter Five   Chapter Five - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 22, 2015 4:12 am

No, I think he was possessed a bit earlier than that. Namely, on the last panel of this page, where there are red eyes in the background. It wouldn't have been before then, though, proven through Isabelle hammering Jeff and confirming that he isn't possessed on this other page shortly after Jeff threw the first ball. Also, people claim that Jeff has been strung up on strings, like a marionette, but I haven't been able to find any evidence of this when looking through the archives, though it's clear that Jeff wasn't being controlled directly. Does anyone have the page/panel where this is shown?

Also, just I noticed something: In the middle three panels of this page, Jeff's face is getting covered in black. I originally thought it was just for the effect of evil, maniacal laughter, but then I noticed that it was because he was walking into Johnny's "blind spot." It works out wonderfully! Good job to Zack!
Back to top Go down
Apophyllite
Seeing Shades
Apophyllite

PostSubject: Re: Chapter Five   Chapter Five - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 22, 2015 4:31 pm

Here's the part where Hijack does the stringy thing at Jeff...

Also the red eyes on this page is actually the Vice Principal's nose, just look at the next page.
Back to top Go down
NinjaKitten
Paranaturalist
NinjaKitten

PostSubject: Re: Chapter Five   Chapter Five - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 22, 2015 4:59 pm

Yes, that does look like a bunch of strings. Plus, Hijack's "hand" things look a lot like the wooden things people hold when controlling marionettes, so there's that too I guess.

Those "eyes" do seem to be the nose, you're right. My bad.
Back to top Go down
Westbrook
Spectral
Westbrook

PostSubject: Re: Chapter Five   Chapter Five - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 24, 2015 12:01 am

NinjaKitten wrote:
Indeed. You know, Isaac states that one of the ways to become a spectral is prolonged exposure to spectral energy. Does this mean that we'll get not one new spectral (Jhonny) but two? (Jhonny and Jeff) After all, Jeff has been possessed by a spirit all day, and has been spectral-hammered. That counts as prolonged exposure right? And if he does become a spectral, It would seem likely that his energy would be orange, since that's Hijack's color, and as someone stated somewhere in this forum on normal people becoming possessed: the normal person becomes a spectral with the color of the spirit which possessed them. Though, perhaps Hijack wasn't there long enough...
That's an excellent question.  It's my favorite kind of writing--something that seems completely offhand and irrelevant at the time (because it was!) but because a major plot point in the future (because it might be, if you're right!)
NinjaKitten wrote:
(P.S. I missed you! Sad)
haha who, me?
Back to top Go down
NinjaKitten
Paranaturalist
NinjaKitten

PostSubject: Re: Chapter Five   Chapter Five - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 24, 2015 5:28 am

Yes, you! You are, after all, one of the only almost-daily posters, like me. :3 I was lonely!

*checks Paranatural for something more to say. Sees new page.*
AAAAUGH He's ugly! No wonder hijack prefers to inhabit others. His "hands kind of remind me of octopus tentacles, 'cause suction cup thing. Also, his face when he sees a net being swung at him. Pfthah! Poor Jeff, though. Last thing he knew he was hanging out in front of the school building, and all of a sudden he's in the gymnasium? What? The only way this could get worse for him would be if he started seeing shades like, right now almost.
Back to top Go down
Westbrook
Spectral
Westbrook

PostSubject: Re: Chapter Five   Chapter Five - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 24, 2015 11:56 pm

I'm more wondering what'll happen when JOHNNY starts seeing shades, haha.

But yeah I'm interested in how the rest of the student body reacts to Jeff not knowing what's going on.
Back to top Go down
NinjaKitten
Paranaturalist
NinjaKitten

PostSubject: Re: Chapter Five   Chapter Five - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 25, 2015 2:08 am

If we're lucky, Johnny will end up in the situation Max was in when they first met (what's that on your head?) and he'll make the connection, run over to Max, grab him by his shirt, and say "What do you know!?"

Or something like that.
Back to top Go down
Westbrook
Spectral
Westbrook

PostSubject: Re: Chapter Five   Chapter Five - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 25, 2015 9:31 pm

NinjaKitten wrote:
If we're lucky, Johnny will end up in the situation Max was in when they first met (what's that on your head?) and he'll make the connection, run over to Max, grab him by his shirt, and say "What do you know!?"

Or something like that.
True! I don't expect Johnny to actually remember that, since he thought Max was referring to his dyed hair at the time if I recall correctly. But...maybe!
Back to top Go down
NinjaKitten
Paranaturalist
NinjaKitten

PostSubject: Re: Chapter Five   Chapter Five - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 26, 2015 12:13 am

I hope so at least! I do wonder what Johnny will do with Forge's power though. Will he be able to breathe fire? Blow stuff up? ...Forge things? I'm super excited to see what'll happen next!
Back to top Go down
NinjaKitten
Paranaturalist
NinjaKitten

PostSubject: Re: Chapter Five   Chapter Five - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 27, 2015 7:20 pm

Fffriday! I'm sad that Zack couldn't update today, but if no update today means more updates in the year(s) to come, then I'm fine with it!

When checking for a new comic, I noticed that in panel two Johnny is in the background, checking up on Max to see if he's okay. :3 I love it!
Back to top Go down
NinjaKitten
Paranaturalist
NinjaKitten

PostSubject: Re: Chapter Five   Chapter Five - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 01, 2015 4:02 pm

I don't want to triple-post, but I need somewhere to dump share all of my hype for the Paranatural Comic!

Super hyped for what will happen next! it looks like Hijack, in today's comic(Chapter 5 Page 82), is going to try to control/posess Max! Though, Hijack is orange, and Max is black, so how would that work...? But, if he does try, I think that the two-voice glowy-eyes thing might happen again! You know, like when Max talked to Doorman? Either way, I'm super hyped!
Back to top Go down
Westbrook
Spectral
Westbrook

PostSubject: Re: Chapter Five   Chapter Five - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 01, 2015 11:22 pm

I kind of doubt Hijack will possess Max, given that the whole last four panels of today's comic were leading up to it happening. Those panels were meant to build up suspense, and the only reason for that is usually to save the day right away when you turn the page.

Well, that, or the ENTIRE next page will be one panel of Hijack taking over Max. Zach tends to do that too.

We will see!
Back to top Go down
NinjaKitten
Paranaturalist
NinjaKitten

PostSubject: Re: Chapter Five   Chapter Five - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 02, 2015 11:09 am

We shall indeed!
Back to top Go down
Connorses
New Kid
Connorses

PostSubject: Re: Chapter Five   Chapter Five - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 04, 2015 12:13 am

Zack has to do what everyone is expecting some of the time, so that he can still have the element of surprise when something ridiculously unpredictable happens.
Back to top Go down
Connorses
New Kid
Connorses

PostSubject: Re: Chapter Five   Chapter Five - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 04, 2015 10:39 pm

OH SNAP
Chapter Five - Page 5 AwxWpPV
Back to top Go down
NinjaKitten
Paranaturalist
NinjaKitten

PostSubject: Re: Chapter Five   Chapter Five - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 04, 2015 10:54 pm

But, i think Jeff looks more nervous than smug, so I think that's probably normal Jeff and not Hijack. Note the wibbly top lip. If Hijack was in/with Jeff, he'd probably be super smug for getting away from Isabel.

Also, Zack totally got us. It wasn't Hijack coming, it was a doctopus! I wonder who's been helping Max, though. Maybe Agent May? Though, I kind of doubt it...
Back to top Go down
Westbrook
Spectral
Westbrook

PostSubject: Re: Chapter Five   Chapter Five - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 04, 2015 11:35 pm

NinjaKitten wrote:
But, i think Jeff looks more nervous than smug, so I think that's probably normal Jeff and not Hijack. Note the wibbly top lip. If Hijack was in/with Jeff, he'd probably be super smug for getting away from Isabel.

Also, Zack totally got us. It wasn't Hijack coming, it was a doctopus! I wonder who's been helping Max, though. Maybe Agent May? Though, I kind of doubt it...
Agreed with Jeff being not NEARLY smug enough to be Hijack. Still, by the same token, also not nearly still-freaked out to be Jeff, either...

The third-to-last panel of the previous page had the doctopus coming from above everyone. And yet it was placed via a hand. Who did this, and how are they flying with no one seeing them? Dimitri and Ed are ruled out because of the sudden shift in Max's focus from panel to panel, and Isabel's nowhere close. I don't really have any answers, but it's probably the same person who yelled at Max to duck, and I think he knows who that is (he just hasn't said so yet).
Back to top Go down
Connorses
New Kid
Connorses

PostSubject: Re: Chapter Five   Chapter Five - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 05, 2015 12:08 am

Well it's not a left hand so... ummm........ idunno
Back to top Go down
Connorses
New Kid
Connorses

PostSubject: Re: Chapter Five   Chapter Five - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 05, 2015 12:18 am

But what I do know is this: Last time Hijack took someone over, they were in a state of distress. Coach Oop was freaking out when he realized they weren't going to get to play Hitball anymore, like, look at his face, and then suddenly he's poker-faced for a moment standing over Max, and now he's grinning and taking Jeff to the office. He's been Hijack'd I'm calling it now.
Back to top Go down
NinjaKitten
Paranaturalist
NinjaKitten

PostSubject: Re: Chapter Five   Chapter Five - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 05, 2015 1:31 am

That would make sense. After all, in the beginning of the chapter, he was among the three that the kids were pointing at (though who knows where Zack will take this next!)

Also, if Hijack is body-hopping, then it is unlikely that everyone he occupies will develop spectral powers. That would be too many new spectrals! So, we're back to just Johnny being a new spectral to look forward to.

Though, I would say Coach Oop has less of a poker face and more a suspicious frown.

Last edited by NinjaKitten on Sat Dec 05, 2015 1:35 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
NinjaKitten
Paranaturalist
NinjaKitten

PostSubject: Re: Chapter Five   Chapter Five - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 05, 2015 1:32 am

:3
Back to top Go down
Westbrook
Spectral
Westbrook

PostSubject: Re: Chapter Five   Chapter Five - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 06, 2015 3:00 am

Connorses wrote:
Well it's not a left hand so... ummm........ idunno
Ooh, good point, that automatically rules out Lefty.
Back to top Go down
NinjaKitten
Paranaturalist
NinjaKitten

PostSubject: Re: Chapter Five   Chapter Five - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 06, 2015 3:19 am

But man, those doctopi are really powerful. I mean, Max's arm is probably fractured, right? So that means that the doctopus is eating all the pain of a fractured arm (or somthing) which had Max screaming bloody murder just a moment ago.

...I think I want a doctopus in all first-aid kits now.
Back to top Go down
Apophyllite
Seeing Shades
Apophyllite

PostSubject: Re: Chapter Five   Chapter Five - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 06, 2015 6:12 pm

It seems a bit odd that Jeff would flash a smile at Isabel and then still be smiling after coach Oop tells him he's going to the office without Hijack though...

There was the theory that PJ had followed max to school and was the one telling him to duck, also PJ saw Isabel use the doctopi when Max got hurt after the fight with the whalefrog spirit. Still, there's the absence of sleeve on that arm and other reasons that would make the whole PJ theory unlikely... It was discussed erlier somewhere, forgot where.
Back to top Go down
NinjaKitten
Paranaturalist
NinjaKitten

PostSubject: Re: Chapter Five   Chapter Five - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 06, 2015 8:21 pm

True. But, it is possible that Jeff is the kind of kid who smiles when nervous. I personally have a friend who laughs for everything, whether it's a joke or a broken bone.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Chapter Five   Chapter Five - Page 5 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Chapter Five

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 5 of 34Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 19 ... 34  Next