The Activity Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Activity Club

For the fans of Zack Morrison's webcomic Paranatural.

PortalHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Top posters
Erie, Man of Danger
Chapter Five - Page 8 Vote_lcapChapter Five - Page 8 Voting_barChapter Five - Page 8 Vote_rcap 
Wealthy Lord Asssprite
Chapter Five - Page 8 Vote_lcapChapter Five - Page 8 Voting_barChapter Five - Page 8 Vote_rcap 
Soroya123
NinjaKitten
Baron Von Aardvark
Spidey
Leo M. R.
W!tch
Westbrook
tylerouzts
Latest topics
» Chapter Seven
Chapter Five - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 20, 2021 10:11 pm by ThePyromaniac

» Hear me out... (BERG theory)
Chapter Five - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 06, 2020 12:32 pm by janusjekyll

» Hello Activity Club
Chapter Five - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 22, 2020 9:07 am by janusjekyll

» Non-specific Greeting
Chapter Five - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 04, 2020 5:05 pm by Westbrook

» (slides in) Good Evening
Chapter Five - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 03, 2020 4:51 pm by Clayview

» I shout into the void
Chapter Five - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 03, 2020 4:49 pm by Clayview

Statistics
We have 325 registered users
The newest registered user is AL

Our users have posted a total of 14282 messages in 355 subjects
March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Chapter Five

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 21 ... 34  Next
AuthorMessage
Apophyllite
Seeing Shades
Apophyllite

Chapter Five - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chapter Five   Chapter Five - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 07, 2016 6:28 pm

He wasn't actually going for Max there though... Those things you see approaching him are a hand and the tentacles of the doctopus (it was intentionally made to look like it was Hijack to build suspense). The one who placed the doctopus was probably the same person who was following him to school and who told him to duck. It's been theorized it could be PJ. I think given the angle, coming from above, and no-one noticing, it's probably a ghost so the PJ theory may have an additional bit of evidence there...

Something else I was just wondering about was Isabel trying to catch Hijack instead of trying to kill him... She usually seems a lot more willing to finish spirits off and Hijack proved himself to be a threat to people. Maybe she wanted to interrogate him further?
Back to top Go down
NinjaKitten
Paranaturalist
NinjaKitten

PostSubject: Re: Chapter Five   Chapter Five - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 08, 2016 12:30 pm

That's true, she didn't try to destroy him.... does she maybe know something we don't? Though, I don't think it's very likely that she would have encountered Hijack before, since if she had she would probably be suspicious of squeakdog and Jeff for their unusual behavior. And, if she had encountered Hijack before, then wouldn't she have known that she could not affect him when he's possessing someone like when she hammered Jeff? I dunno, just a thought...
Back to top Go down
Apophyllite
Seeing Shades
Apophyllite

PostSubject: Re: Chapter Five   Chapter Five - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 08, 2016 2:15 pm

Oh I'm sure she didn't know about Hijack before, but he did tell her he was on a mission for vengeance, so thought Isabel may have been trying to catch him alive to interrogate him further on this... Or maybe since there were a lot of people/objects around, she wanted to be on the safe side to prevent him from escaping into a tool/medium...
Back to top Go down
NinjaKitten
Paranaturalist
NinjaKitten

PostSubject: Re: Chapter Five   Chapter Five - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 08, 2016 2:19 pm

That's very true! There are a LOT of kids in that gym right now, and if he were to be defeated, then he would have a wide variety of mediums to choose from. Plus, there are a bunch of gym objects which he could turn into tools. So she probably thought of that. And it might be a little more difficult for her to defeat a spirit when she doesn't have Eightfold... she did have her for a really long time, you know. And, her other tool isn't here so she wouldn't be able to use it anyway. The interrogation could just be a plus, though if someone used Hijack's tool/became his medium, then they would be able to interrogate him through that anyway...
Back to top Go down
TurnTechBiologist
New Kid
TurnTechBiologist

PostSubject: Re: Chapter Five   Chapter Five - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 08, 2016 9:59 pm

true...

maybe she wanted to trap him outside of a host, so that she could be sure of him not escaping into a tool/medium, or maybe interrogate
Back to top Go down
NinjaKitten
Paranaturalist
NinjaKitten

PostSubject: Re: Chapter Five   Chapter Five - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 08, 2016 11:48 pm

Or maybe catching Hijack was the first thing that came to mind at the time, since she doesn't have eightfold and was no doubt very used to fighting with her tool rather than without it.
Back to top Go down
Apophyllite
Seeing Shades
Apophyllite

PostSubject: Re: Chapter Five   Chapter Five - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 09, 2016 4:52 pm

I'm sure with all the training from her grandfather, Isabel can handle things just fine even without a tool...

:0 New page! So spoilers if you came here before checking the comic I guess...
Spoilersssssss maybe...:
Back to top Go down
NinjaKitten
Paranaturalist
NinjaKitten

PostSubject: Re: Chapter Five   Chapter Five - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 09, 2016 11:54 pm

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE! *excited squealing*
Mmmmmmmmmmmaybe spoily gonna do this 'till tomorrow.:
Back to top Go down
Apophyllite
Seeing Shades
Apophyllite

PostSubject: Re: Chapter Five   Chapter Five - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 10, 2016 4:13 pm

Still spoilerific maybe...:
Back to top Go down
NinjaKitten
Paranaturalist
NinjaKitten

PostSubject: Re: Chapter Five   Chapter Five - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 11, 2016 12:27 pm

(Not "spoilers" anymore. If you haven't read the page, read it now.)
I suppose, but what can he do? As far as I know, the only thing that Forge would be able to do would be to talk to Johnny through that connection thing that all the spirits have with their spectrals. While we're on the topic, I wonder what Forge's "reality" (i guess?) would look like. Would it be a forge? Who knows??? (Spoilers: Zack does!) I still think that Forge's armor was made of real metal, since he could lose it, but I might be wrong...
Back to top Go down
PineapplePhone
New Kid
PineapplePhone

PostSubject: Re: Chapter Five   Chapter Five - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 12, 2016 1:10 pm

I'm thinking that Forge's abilities will be very beneficial for Max. It's previously been stated that Max's magnet powers are kind of useless in combat, but now we have Forge (via Johnny) who works with metal. I feel like Max and Johnny will work very well together (at least where their abilities are concerned)
Back to top Go down
https://www.instagram.com/pineapplephone/
OntheCeiling
New Kid
OntheCeiling

PostSubject: Re: Chapter Five   Chapter Five - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 12, 2016 9:57 pm

I've read up all the way, and keep up with pages on the day they appear...
Today's page, 98, poses a salient question.
What DO you tussle when your middle school son has no hair?
Do you just hope that your son's head is wrinkly enough that your fingers get caught in the folds?
Does Ollie have headfolds?

and if so, can I have them? they're important to me
Back to top Go down
NinjaKitten
Paranaturalist
NinjaKitten

PostSubject: Re: Chapter Five   Chapter Five - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 13, 2016 12:37 pm

I don't think so. I think he just winds up rubbing his head.

And he let the kids who took down the rope leave, so he probably won't be finding them very soon.

PS (welcome, new kids! )
Back to top Go down
OntheCeiling
New Kid
OntheCeiling

PostSubject: Re: Chapter Five   Chapter Five - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 13, 2016 1:27 pm

I used to make comments on the actual comic page, but that fell through.

Future-posters ruin everything.
Back to top Go down
Westbrook
Spectral
Westbrook

PostSubject: Re: Chapter Five   Chapter Five - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 13, 2016 7:25 pm

OntheCeiling wrote:

It WAS getting pretty bad, if I recall correctly. Couldn't really discuss the pages because the current comments got pushed down by all the two-week-old ones...
Back to top Go down
OntheCeiling
New Kid
OntheCeiling

PostSubject: Re: Chapter Five   Chapter Five - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 13, 2016 9:56 pm

Westbrook wrote:
OntheCeiling wrote:

It WAS getting pretty bad, if I recall correctly.  Couldn't really discuss the pages because the current comments got pushed down by all the two-week-old ones...
you practically decapitated that head with that nail.
direct hit. somebody call an ambulance.

the worst part is that the top comment wasn't even funny, it was instructions on how to futurepost

I really want to get my friends who are into GF into PNAT, and this chapter and chapter 4 are the reasons why. Any suggestions from anyone?
Back to top Go down
NinjaKitten
Paranaturalist
NinjaKitten

PostSubject: Re: Chapter Five   Chapter Five - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 15, 2016 4:11 pm

Well what I do is give my friends a link to the first pnat page and tell them to read it. If you think they won't find it interesting enough, then show them a future page to show them how great the comic becomes!
Back to top Go down
OntheCeiling
New Kid
OntheCeiling

PostSubject: Re: Chapter Five   Chapter Five - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 17, 2016 10:15 pm

I wonder if I can write a joke for each page, like the alt text, but less funny and more weird.

Isabel's last face on P99 is evocative of Invader Zim. Just sayin'.

Okay, I have questions for Ed's glasses.

You can *sometimes* see Spender's pupils through his sunglasses, especially in the latest pages. However, Ed's glasses are CLEAR. There is no reason we shouldn't be able to see his eyesssss and it's not that there's glare because we've seen them at night! Are we expected to believe that his glasses are just actually white and ed views the world through a thick white coating!? This isn't a thing like the Professor's glasses from Futurama, Ed's glasses are clearly NOT an inch+ thick.
WHY MUST YOU TORTURE ME, STYLIZED SHADING
Back to top Go down
Westbrook
Spectral
Westbrook

PostSubject: Re: Chapter Five   Chapter Five - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 18, 2016 1:39 am

I disagree that you can see Spender's pupils. I don't think we've EVER seen his eyes, actually. The spots on them that I think you're describing are just specular reflection from nearby light sources.
Back to top Go down
NinjaKitten
Paranaturalist
NinjaKitten

PostSubject: Re: Chapter Five   Chapter Five - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 18, 2016 4:15 am

I think that Ed's glasses are his eyes, and that he was cursed when he was young! (Dun dun duuun~)

But really, I think that a)Zack doesn't draw eyes behind glasses and b)the whole no-eyes thing is probably a part of Ed's character design.
Back to top Go down
Apophyllite
Seeing Shades
Apophyllite

PostSubject: Re: Chapter Five   Chapter Five - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 18, 2016 2:37 pm

Here's Ed without his glasses, his eyes got erased by a spirit though... You can see his hand through the lens when he's holding the glasses.
Dr. Zarei seems like an exeption to the glasses = no eyes thing... Also, here we have people with the full white glasses thing going on but one person with eyes visible behind the frame...
So I guess it's a style thing...
Back to top Go down
NinjaKitten
Paranaturalist
NinjaKitten

PostSubject: Re: Chapter Five   Chapter Five - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 18, 2016 3:38 pm

Yeah probably.

Also, the newest page is great!
Spoilers but not really:
Back to top Go down
SoupScum
New Kid
SoupScum

PostSubject: Re: Chapter Five   Chapter Five - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 18, 2016 6:18 pm

OntheCeiling wrote:
You can *sometimes* see Spender's pupils through his sunglasses, especially in the latest pages. However, Ed's glasses are CLEAR. There is no reason we shouldn't be able to see his eyesssss and it's not that there's glare because we've seen them at night!

OntheCeiling wrote:
STYLIZED SHADING

ayy there ya go

OntheCeiling wrote:
Are we expected to believe that his glasses are just actually white and ed views the world through a thick white coating!?

What if he has photophobia except not that at all since it'd be the exact opposite of it which I couldn't find a word for because it doesn't exist butsincewhenhasthateverbeenanobstacle.
Back to top Go down
NinjaKitten
Paranaturalist
NinjaKitten

PostSubject: Re: Chapter Five   Chapter Five - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 18, 2016 6:33 pm

That last sentence made perfect sense. I didn't have to decipher it at all! (sorta sarcastic but not really.)

But yeah, the glasses thing is probably just a style thing.
Back to top Go down
SoupScum
New Kid
SoupScum

PostSubject: Re: Chapter Five   Chapter Five - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 18, 2016 8:44 pm

Gee whiz I wonder if that was intentional.

It's almost certainly style, yes. Either that or a dramatic and critical plot point unraveling a beautifully heartbreaking backstory that will only be revealed much further down the road! The possibilities are endless! wait no they aren't it's probably style
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Chapter Five   Chapter Five - Page 8 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Chapter Five

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 8 of 34Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 21 ... 34  Next