The Activity Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Activity Club

For the fans of Zack Morrison's webcomic Paranatural.

PortalHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Top posters
Erie, Man of Danger
Chapter Five - Page 20 Vote_lcapChapter Five - Page 20 Voting_barChapter Five - Page 20 Vote_rcap 
Wealthy Lord Asssprite
Chapter Five - Page 20 Vote_lcapChapter Five - Page 20 Voting_barChapter Five - Page 20 Vote_rcap 
Soroya123
NinjaKitten
Baron Von Aardvark
Spidey
Leo M. R.
W!tch
Westbrook
tylerouzts
Latest topics
» Chapter Seven
Chapter Five - Page 20 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 20, 2021 10:11 pm by ThePyromaniac

» Hear me out... (BERG theory)
Chapter Five - Page 20 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 06, 2020 12:32 pm by janusjekyll

» Hello Activity Club
Chapter Five - Page 20 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 22, 2020 9:07 am by janusjekyll

» Non-specific Greeting
Chapter Five - Page 20 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 04, 2020 5:05 pm by Westbrook

» (slides in) Good Evening
Chapter Five - Page 20 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 03, 2020 4:51 pm by Clayview

» I shout into the void
Chapter Five - Page 20 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 03, 2020 4:49 pm by Clayview

Statistics
We have 325 registered users
The newest registered user is AL

Our users have posted a total of 14282 messages in 355 subjects
March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Chapter Five

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 27 ... 34  Next
AuthorMessage
PretenseAndPoison
Seeing Shades
PretenseAndPoison

Chapter Five - Page 20 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chapter Five   Chapter Five - Page 20 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 08, 2016 4:29 pm

It has been heavily suggested, and back when the Disqus plugin was hooked up to the comic there was plenty of discussion about Dmitri being in the club (which you can still read if you find the appropriate pages in the discussions history of the plugin itself)- even going so far as to point out panels where unidentified limbs with Dmitris' color scheme were present.

Judging by his ability to see and handle Doctopi, and his willingness to help hide the nature of the activity club from Suzy, I'd say it's reasonable to believe that Dmitri was indeed a member at some point, or at least knows what the club is about.

That being said, it's hard to load a Canon that hasn't been delivered yet.
Back to top Go down
NinjaKitten
Paranaturalist
NinjaKitten

PostSubject: Re: Chapter Five   Chapter Five - Page 20 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 08, 2016 11:23 pm

Yeah, it is, isn't it? Though, if the unidentified arms are Dimitri's then it's pretty likely that he's a spectral/former Activity Club member, due to said doctopi handling.

Despite that fairly-solid evidence, I have a kind of policy that I more or less go by, and it's to not decide something is fact/canon/definitely real unless it's pretty explicitly stated to be fact/canon/etc. Like, if Dimitri meets one of the Activity members and starts to talk about spirit stuff (and/or act weird because he was a "former member," as stated by a side/background/not-Max character,) then it would be pretty clear that he was a former Activity Club member and also a spectral (most likely). But until then, he'll just be "kinda suspicious and mysterious member of the Journalism Club Dimitri" to me. Smile
Back to top Go down
TurnTechBiologist
New Kid
TurnTechBiologist

PostSubject: Re: Chapter Five   Chapter Five - Page 20 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 09, 2016 9:50 am

I've just been operating under the assumption that he was the fourth member, who Isaac did... something... bad to?????/??? very vague. Also,
PineapplePhone wrote:
;]Then there's Scrapdragon. He's sort of mysterious. A wild card, and abnormal cause he's a Grudge. Perhaps ostrisized because of that same fact. Max, the new kid, is popular and cool, and mysterious at first glance, though later we find he's not as cool and aloof as he first appears, (You ride a scooter, Max. You're a scooter-er. You're not too cool for us.) in fact, he's kind of a dork. Maybe Scrapdragon isn't as frightening as we thought?
i thing for ScrapDragon to be revealed as not so frightening, he would really just have to stop being a grudge and actually turn out to be pretty chill
Back to top Go down
NinjaKitten
Paranaturalist
NinjaKitten

PostSubject: Re: Chapter Five   Chapter Five - Page 20 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 09, 2016 11:18 am

Yeah, I guess so. I wonder what Scrapdragon would look like when not a grudge, though. Would they still be a dragon? Would they look like a person? I dunno.
Back to top Go down
PretenseAndPoison
Seeing Shades
PretenseAndPoison

PostSubject: Re: Chapter Five   Chapter Five - Page 20 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 10, 2016 2:56 am

It's another of those things that's hard to tell, but has some suggestive context to it not that kind of suggestive give me /some/ credit here.

So far, it seems like the grudges we've seen weren't particularly different in appearance from their normal spirit form- the train, in particular, was implied to have been grudging out after Forge clawed the poor thing- "All hopped up on pain and anger", though that same page suggested that Scrapdragon wasn't presently in his true form at the time (though this was after Max had slonked him in the sniffer with his tool, where he still looked the same, but with blue).

And while this is meta-knowledge, the Paranatural logo on the comic site is Max sanding next to Scrapdragon (who opens his mouth when you hover your mouse over him, just- adorable, okay?). I'm not certain that Zack would choose that form for the logo, which you see every time you view the comic, if he intended for the spirit to dramatically change shape later on.

This is yet another situation where it's fun to speculate, but I'm waiting on more screentime for the character, or some form of exposition either on or off the comic to get a better clue.
Back to top Go down
NinjaKitten
Paranaturalist
NinjaKitten

PostSubject: Re: Chapter Five   Chapter Five - Page 20 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 10, 2016 4:31 pm

I think that he would choose the grudge Scrapdragon for the logo, since Scrapdragon's non-grudge form has not yet been revealed, and likely will not be shown for quite a while yet.

I agree with you: I'd like some more information about Scrapdragon. We've only gotten two encounters, and the first time was for like two pages, max!
Back to top Go down
PretenseAndPoison
Seeing Shades
PretenseAndPoison

PostSubject: Re: Chapter Five   Chapter Five - Page 20 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 11, 2016 12:21 am

You do have a solid point!

I suppose there isn't enough information about Scrapdragon, or even Grudges in general to make a good estimate in this situation.

At least there's one thing everyone can agree on- Max, how /could/ you slonk that poor defenseless giant terrifying metal clad magnet serpent in the booper like that? Honestly, talk about a bad first second impression.
Back to top Go down
PineapplePhone
New Kid
PineapplePhone

PostSubject: Re: Chapter Five   Chapter Five - Page 20 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 11, 2016 4:40 pm

What did he do to tick off StuCo?
Cool Stunts

Max does his own stunts a lot of cool stunts. I think he's a parkour-er. Parkourist? decendant of Ezio? It also seems like his friends do parkour, what with Doghouse axin' him if there's anything to "climb and/or jump off of".

Guess how useful a magnet bat would be if you do parkour.

hella

They talked about how useless his bat would be in combat cause he can't throw metal at spirits. I've thought about the plausibility of Johnny (with the help of forge) making metal "spiritual" or something, but what if it's used to help Max parkour around a mofo and make it easier to attack with spectral energy or get better openings for his teammates to strike?

Cause I feel like "hardcore parkour" is kind of a random thing to put on the abilities card of a middleschooler in a comic about ghosts. It's gotta be for something...
Back to top Go down
https://www.instagram.com/pineapplephone/
NinjaKitten
Paranaturalist
NinjaKitten

PostSubject: Re: Chapter Five   Chapter Five - Page 20 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 11, 2016 8:24 pm

Maybe he just did parkour 'cause he thought it was cool and/or he saw his old friends doing it and joined in and that's how they became friends?

Haha who am I kidding, it's probably going to be used for something other than just dodging bullies in this comic. Using it in battles would be pretty cool, and like you said I think that a magnet bat would work in his favor and add to his awesome dodging skillz, once he gets the hang of using it.

It seems Max and his friends were indeed some sort of "parkour-ing group" before he moved to Mayview. I guess it would be kinda like hanging out and playing video games, except they hung out and did parkour instead.
Back to top Go down
PretenseAndPoison
Seeing Shades
PretenseAndPoison

PostSubject: Re: Chapter Five   Chapter Five - Page 20 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 12, 2016 2:46 am

I imagine that anyplace named "The Hole Pit" (page http://www.paranatural.net/comic/chapter-4-page-111 ) would be a great place to practice parkour, judging by the layout of a similarly named place I used to spend time at with friends in my youth. You know, back when I ventured outdoors. Good times. Things lying about, steep edges, railings, tables lying every which way, poles sticking out of the ground- without actually seeing the place it's easy to imagine whatever one could desire to fill The Hole Pit.

And, just yes, PineapplePhone, just. Yes. Johnny and Max teaming up for combo attacks using their abilities? Max doing some kind of acrobatic pirouette off a handle and pulling a metal-infused Johnny towards him Falcon Punch style? Yes. Johnny isn't just going to be some pedestrian tool-wielder, he's going to be the /medium of a spirit based around fire and blacksmithing/. Imagining the possibilities is going to keep me cooing to myself and doing sick stunt recreations with one of those tiny skateboards like a toddler who just finished a tony hawk/x-men combo marathon.

I'll just be over here, imagining the Gravitic Guillotine Ex Machina.

Edit: Whoops forgot to link in the page, fixed that. Specific mention of being taught how to do sick flips and grinds at least explains the scooter portion of the stuntology lessons.
Back to top Go down
Connorses
New Kid
Connorses

PostSubject: Re: Chapter Five   Chapter Five - Page 20 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 15, 2016 12:07 am

I'm pretty sure Dimitri's a spectral, and that he was there at the same time as the Activity Club during some of their shenanigans. There's no solid evidence that I know of that he was actually an Activity Club member.

Also. I just got back from a camping trip, so I'm only just now seeing the new page...

We were just joking when we said the school store was going to be like a bar of some kind. lmao

Last edited by Connorses on Wed Jun 15, 2016 12:12 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : typo)
Back to top Go down
PretenseAndPoison
Seeing Shades
PretenseAndPoison

PostSubject: Re: Chapter Five   Chapter Five - Page 20 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 15, 2016 12:36 am

Connorses wrote:
I'm pretty sure Dimitri's a spectral, and that he was there at the same time as the Activity Club during some of their shenanigans. There's no solid evidence that I know of that he was actually an Activity Club member.

Also. I just got back from a camping trip, so I'm only just now seeing the new page...

We were just joking when we said the school store was going to be like a bar of some kind. lmao

The best jokes are the ones that can still come true.
Back to top Go down
Westbrook
Spectral
Westbrook

PostSubject: Re: Chapter Five   Chapter Five - Page 20 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 15, 2016 2:11 am

Connorses wrote:
No way! There was a bar in the chapter title page, and time's running out. It had to be here. Cool
Back to top Go down
PretenseAndPoison
Seeing Shades
PretenseAndPoison

PostSubject: Re: Chapter Five   Chapter Five - Page 20 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 15, 2016 4:19 am

New page is up, all our wildest dreams came true.

Back to top Go down
NinjaKitten
Paranaturalist
NinjaKitten

PostSubject: Re: Chapter Five   Chapter Five - Page 20 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 15, 2016 3:50 pm

The school store is amazing.

No wonder there was a bar in the chapter title page! Judging from the outside, I kind of expected it to be like some sort of club, but a bar is just as good!

It's been so long since I looked at the chapter title page, I forgot there was a bar included. X( Good thing I looked through the archives again recently, huh?
Back to top Go down
Apophyllite
Seeing Shades
Apophyllite

PostSubject: Re: Chapter Five   Chapter Five - Page 20 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 15, 2016 4:39 pm

Yeah amazing :0

Also, just realised this is probably why Lisa is such a good source of info on what goes on in the school that she seems to be a go to person for the Journalism club's news. That or she really is a witch... Which wouldn't surprise me as it'd be neat if there was more paranatural stuff than spirit stuff (which may be alluded to with the cousinhood of man stuff) and also this

I wonder if this is what Ollie meant by work. I just kinda assumed he'd be helping out his dad... Does lunch count as a period? Would he get paid for this????
Back to top Go down
PretenseAndPoison
Seeing Shades
PretenseAndPoison

PostSubject: Re: Chapter Five   Chapter Five - Page 20 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 15, 2016 5:51 pm

I can definitely Tell Lisa is my favorite non-MP character now. I was weighing the options, but this definitely cinches it.
Back to top Go down
NinjaKitten
Paranaturalist
NinjaKitten

PostSubject: Re: Chapter Five   Chapter Five - Page 20 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 16, 2016 2:25 am

@Apophyllite It would be cool if he was, but I doubt it. It appears to be a completely student-run organization, and I don't think he'd be paid even if the school was running the store.
That is, if you're wondering whether he's paid for bouncering the store.

@Poison (That's fine, right?) Lisa is great! I'm really excited to be voice acting her now. That is, if that's still a thing. I wonder when the first part is gonna be done...
Oh, and if you have no idea what I'm talking about, Spidey is making a dub of the comic, and I was cast as Lisa!
I don't know if you've met Spidey on the forums yet though... he hasn't shown up lately.
Back to top Go down
Westbrook
Spectral
Westbrook

PostSubject: Re: Chapter Five   Chapter Five - Page 20 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 16, 2016 2:31 am

I'm kind of surprised I only see 3 spirits in the store...
Back to top Go down
NinjaKitten
Paranaturalist
NinjaKitten

PostSubject: Re: Chapter Five   Chapter Five - Page 20 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 16, 2016 2:55 am

Yeah, same. Though, there are a lot of students, and you really can't fill that panel with too much more action without it being kind of too crowded for what Zack is trying to do, you know?
Back to top Go down
PretenseAndPoison
Seeing Shades
PretenseAndPoison

PostSubject: Re: Chapter Five   Chapter Five - Page 20 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 16, 2016 1:26 pm

NinjaKitten wrote:
@Apophyllite It would be cool if he was, but I doubt it. It appears to be a completely student-run organization, and I don't think he'd be paid even if the school was running the store.
That is, if you're wondering whether he's paid for bouncering the store.

@Poison (That's fine, right?) Lisa is great! I'm really excited to be voice acting her now. That is, if that's still a thing. I wonder when the first part is gonna be done...
Oh, and if you have no idea what I'm talking about, Spidey is making a dub of the comic, and I was cast as Lisa!
I don't know if you've met Spidey on the forums yet though... he hasn't shown up lately.

Poison is a perfectly suitable abbreviation of my tag, yes.
They're totally paying him in Starchman Stars, I bet.
I think I ran into Spidey on one topic, but it could as easily have been someone else- I'll have to go check. A dub of the comic sounds absolutely pleasant.

I was a tad surprised at the sparsity of spirits as well, though it does make sense upon reflection- when we see a panel with more humans in it- especially non-spectrals, there tend to be less spirits on the page. Considering that there's suspicion for multiple students outside the activity club to be in on the spiritual secret, it makes sense that they'd either have cleared out excess spirits, or invited some mild-mannered ones in.

It could also be that not as many spirits are interested in just hanging out in that room in particular- though it likely has more to do with design choice. A crowded panel serves some effects well, but when you're introducing an important setting there's got to be some reasonable limit, no?

Back to top Go down
Blathers
New Kid
Blathers

PostSubject: Re: Chapter Five   Chapter Five - Page 20 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 22, 2016 8:24 pm

theory: the size of Max's pupils in his silhouette is directly proportionate to his level of character development
evidence: the Puckett family on page 1.4, Max alone in 5.126

also, 5.127 is out. Not much to comment on, except for Mr. Starchman being likely ruled out as Hijack.
Back to top Go down
PretenseAndPoison
Seeing Shades
PretenseAndPoison

PostSubject: Re: Chapter Five   Chapter Five - Page 20 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 23, 2016 4:39 am

Blathers wrote:
theory: the size of Max's pupils in his silhouette is directly proportionate to his level of character development

also, 5.127 is out. Not much to comment on, except for Mr. Starchman being likely ruled out as Hijack.

With Starchman, you can't ever really be sure.

I'd have made a comment on the page sooner, but all I could think of was "Why yes I would like feet that go tup tup"

... and somehow that didn't feel like a substantial enough post.

::Edit:: Aw geez I was so enamored with "tup tup" that I didn't even scribe a note on the pupil size you went out of your way to point out. That's definitely an interesting catch- and it leaves me thinking only one thing; twenty years from now they'll be big black saucers on his face.

Think it could be part of the Medium alteration effects from BERG? Max does look pretty dramatically different from the start of the story, moreso even than the other protagonists, adjusting for art style.

tup tup
Back to top Go down
Apophyllite
Seeing Shades
Apophyllite

PostSubject: Re: Chapter Five   Chapter Five - Page 20 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 23, 2016 11:21 am

Blathers wrote:

His pupils are pretty tiny on page 125 though. It really seems more like an artstyle/situational thing.
Back to top Go down
Blathers
New Kid
Blathers

PostSubject: Re: Chapter Five   Chapter Five - Page 20 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 23, 2016 5:50 pm

the pupils theory was meant to be a joke, aha
I wanted to download one of the Paranatural wallpapers, but the link on the site seems to be a dead-end. Neutral

I was initially looking for an HD version of the picture on the TVTropes page, but it doesn't seem to be anywhere.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Chapter Five   Chapter Five - Page 20 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Chapter Five

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 20 of 34Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 27 ... 34  Next