The Activity Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Activity Club

For the fans of Zack Morrison's webcomic Paranatural.

PortalHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Top posters
Erie, Man of Danger
Chapter Five - Page 23 Vote_lcapChapter Five - Page 23 Voting_barChapter Five - Page 23 Vote_rcap 
Wealthy Lord Asssprite
Chapter Five - Page 23 Vote_lcapChapter Five - Page 23 Voting_barChapter Five - Page 23 Vote_rcap 
Soroya123
NinjaKitten
Baron Von Aardvark
Spidey
Leo M. R.
W!tch
Westbrook
tylerouzts
Latest topics
» Chapter Seven
Chapter Five - Page 23 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 20, 2021 10:11 pm by ThePyromaniac

» Hear me out... (BERG theory)
Chapter Five - Page 23 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 06, 2020 12:32 pm by janusjekyll

» Hello Activity Club
Chapter Five - Page 23 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 22, 2020 9:07 am by janusjekyll

» Non-specific Greeting
Chapter Five - Page 23 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 04, 2020 5:05 pm by Westbrook

» (slides in) Good Evening
Chapter Five - Page 23 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 03, 2020 4:51 pm by Clayview

» I shout into the void
Chapter Five - Page 23 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 03, 2020 4:49 pm by Clayview

Statistics
We have 325 registered users
The newest registered user is AL

Our users have posted a total of 14282 messages in 355 subjects
March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Chapter Five

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 28 ... 34  Next
AuthorMessage
tired potato
New Kid
tired potato

Chapter Five - Page 23 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chapter Five   Chapter Five - Page 23 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 11, 2016 1:24 am

Thanks for the welcomesssssssss. I am always a tired potato. @-@ Perpetually tired. Perpetually potato. It was not the destiny I chose, but the destiny that chose me.

P.S: I thought Isaac was staring at his lunchtray because the purple glop was a spirit. It took me a good second to realize he was doing an anime-protagonist style flashback.
Back to top Go down
PretenseAndPoison
Seeing Shades
PretenseAndPoison

PostSubject: Re: Chapter Five   Chapter Five - Page 23 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 11, 2016 11:57 pm

Isaac is /so/ anime. Literally all of it, all of the anime.

Isaac took up so much of the comics' anime that Max had to take the off-the-shelf Dream Sequence Flashback option to get his backstory glimpse done last chapter.
Back to top Go down
tired potato
New Kid
tired potato

PostSubject: Re: Chapter Five   Chapter Five - Page 23 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 12, 2016 7:30 pm

XD Isaac is my fav, tho. He probably shouldn't be but j'adore. Max totally says that he and Isaac aren't square...in a square....on a lunchtray. "We're not square" lol yes you are Max. Yes you are yuy.
Back to top Go down
Connorses
New Kid
Connorses

PostSubject: Re: Chapter Five   Chapter Five - Page 23 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 14, 2016 4:07 pm

Chapter Five - Page 23 Tbs60y7
Back to top Go down
Blathers
New Kid
Blathers

PostSubject: Re: Chapter Five   Chapter Five - Page 23 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 14, 2016 9:06 pm

so this is what goes on when Paranatural is on hiatus
Back to top Go down
PretenseAndPoison
Seeing Shades
PretenseAndPoison

PostSubject: Re: Chapter Five   Chapter Five - Page 23 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 16, 2016 6:14 am

Connorses, you are a grand and beautiful person.
Back to top Go down
TurnTechBiologist
New Kid
TurnTechBiologist

PostSubject: Re: Chapter Five   Chapter Five - Page 23 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 17, 2016 7:46 pm

wow its been a while
and Isaac only got more anime
Back to top Go down
Blathers
New Kid
Blathers

PostSubject: Re: Chapter Five   Chapter Five - Page 23 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 19, 2016 10:48 am

5.139 is out!

I like to think Isaac canonically stared at that plate for over a week

he just stood there
Back to top Go down
tired potato
New Kid
tired potato

PostSubject: Re: Chapter Five   Chapter Five - Page 23 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 19, 2016 5:50 pm

Cornisaac don't need your warm dogs. Please lady. He has anime-face-closeups to do and speeches about friendship to give.
Back to top Go down
NinjaKitten
Paranaturalist
NinjaKitten

PostSubject: Re: Chapter Five   Chapter Five - Page 23 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 19, 2016 7:26 pm

Hey, a bunch of people I met at some point on this forum are back after not being here a while! Hooray!

I personally have not been here because school just started and also video games.

Isaac will probably regret not eating anything at lunch, I think.

On another note, the lunch lady seems really nice! I wonder if Zack gave her a story irrelevant to the plot. (You know, like a backstory to flesh her out since she appears on multiple panels and pages or something.)
Back to top Go down
PretenseAndPoison
Seeing Shades
PretenseAndPoison

PostSubject: Re: Chapter Five   Chapter Five - Page 23 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 20, 2016 3:25 am

Between the scene having cut back to Isaac and Mr. Garcias' weird behavior, I'm suddenly concerned that I may have been on the right track thinking Isaac could be vulnerable to a... Hijacking.

Also, contextually suggested vegetarianism! What a nice tidbit of character information!

::Edit:: Taking a look at Blathers avatar, Isaac is seen eating a salad. He was trying to tell us all along. Blathers, you genius!
Back to top Go down
NinjaKitten
Paranaturalist
NinjaKitten

PostSubject: Re: Chapter Five   Chapter Five - Page 23 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 20, 2016 10:29 pm

He was eating a salad... and the picture that picture comes from was a backyard barbecue! How could we not realize!?
Back to top Go down
howlingwolfonfire
New Kid
howlingwolfonfire

PostSubject: Re: Chapter Five   Chapter Five - Page 23 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 22, 2016 12:17 pm

I was already pleased with the new page for bringing about a new character fact, but now that I see it's even been hinted at before I'm like ?!? Bless you Zack ;-;

Not too say I'm not excited for some more Issac/Mr Garcia pages, but I do hope we get back to Max soon. I've been dying to see what could possibly play out in this "bar"
Back to top Go down
howlingwolfonfire
New Kid
howlingwolfonfire

PostSubject: Re: Chapter Five   Chapter Five - Page 23 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 22, 2016 11:15 pm

Update!

Man...I gotta wonder if Issac was always this angry and self-destructive or if his feelings have somehow been enhanced since he became a spectral. I wonder how having a spirit inside you would change your personality as well as your appearance...
Back to top Go down
Westbrook
Spectral
Westbrook

PostSubject: Re: Chapter Five   Chapter Five - Page 23 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 23, 2016 11:02 pm

howlingwolfonfire wrote:
Update!

Man...I gotta wonder if Issac was always this angry and self-destructive or if his feelings have somehow been enhanced since he became a spectral. I wonder how having a spirit inside you would change your personality as well as your appearance...
I was wondering the same thing. I bet it's enhanced because he's a Medium.

Though that begs the question of what that means for everyone else that's a Medium, too. If Spender didn't have light to balance dark, who knows what kind of jerk he'd be, eh?

And Johnny might end up fiery--wait, nvm, that's already true.
Back to top Go down
PretenseAndPoison
Seeing Shades
PretenseAndPoison

PostSubject: Re: Chapter Five   Chapter Five - Page 23 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 24, 2016 2:50 am

I wonder what card game they're playing there. By the color scheme, I kind of want to say MtG.

On a side note, and yes, my main notes are usually the tangential observations, I like how Zack filled out that second-to-last panel. sometimes anger just feels like it's looping and knotting in my head, and that kind of repetition just fuels itself.
Back to top Go down
howlingwolfonfire
New Kid
howlingwolfonfire

PostSubject: Re: Chapter Five   Chapter Five - Page 23 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 24, 2016 5:43 pm

Yeah...although I almost have too wonder if spirits unconsciously get hosts who match or have similar personalities. Maybe spectral color has a lot too do with personality?

@poison
same. It's a nice visual that really gives off the tenseness and frustration of staying angry.
Back to top Go down
PretenseAndPoison
Seeing Shades
PretenseAndPoison

PostSubject: Re: Chapter Five   Chapter Five - Page 23 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 25, 2016 6:24 am

This seems like the perfect opportunity to return to the Spirit/Spectral interactions thread and brush up on the subject, actually. If the spirits really are drawn to like individuals, that would totally explain why Gorf decided at the last second to go 'nope' and possess a plunger instead of Maxs' dad- and we'd definitely get some basis for logical speculation on Scrapdragons' temperament outside of his brief appearance which ended with them grudging out. They really did seem rather serene in that Junkyard Sunset (dibs on that band name), no?

Alas, that entire paragraph only barely had anything to do with a dialogue reference within the chapter this thread is meant for... hrm... Though, gauging compatible temperaments is one of the better ways to speculate on Hijack, so rehashing what we know about the subject ever so briefly isn't too far out of the park here.
Back to top Go down
Blathers
New Kid
Blathers

PostSubject: Re: Chapter Five   Chapter Five - Page 23 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 26, 2016 2:40 am

5.141 is out!
Back to top Go down
PretenseAndPoison
Seeing Shades
PretenseAndPoison

PostSubject: Re: Chapter Five   Chapter Five - Page 23 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 28, 2016 6:25 am

Ooh, we get a better look at Isaacs' spirit buddy. I'm liking the details his last appearance didn't quite get to show off. Is.. Is Montezuesma actually displaying that he's kind of chill, when not riled up by the tiniest thing? Perhaps I misjudged him. There's definitely some considerate restraint there, and his posture is much less tense than I'd have expected. Much less fury, and more... discipline.

Choosing the word discipline there was a bit of a debate, honestly. I juggled Resolve and Restraint before deciding that fit better.
Back to top Go down
NinjaKitten
Paranaturalist
NinjaKitten

PostSubject: Re: Chapter Five   Chapter Five - Page 23 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 30, 2016 7:28 pm

Oh, the struggles of choosing the correct word from the many in the English language!

Oooh, new update! We get to see more of the town of Mayview that isn't forest or road or school or convenience store Max's house or actually we've had a lot of scenes but nothing really... public, I guess? (Though public schools and roads are fairly public...) Y'know what I'm trying to say, right? Right???

Anyway, now we know that Mayview has a mini-mall, which may be a common place for dates due to the nice fountain and isnt' Agent Day dressed nicely today? (I don't think they're actually on a date. It's probably business stuff.)
Back to top Go down
UniversalMonster
Seeing Shades
UniversalMonster

PostSubject: Re: Chapter Five   Chapter Five - Page 23 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 30, 2016 8:37 pm

It sounded like a date with the "Did I keep you waiting?" line haha.

Anyway, I welcome more Zarei and learning more about her!
Back to top Go down
tired potato
New Kid
tired potato

PostSubject: Re: Chapter Five   Chapter Five - Page 23 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 31, 2016 9:15 am

That tourist with the camera and the glasses and the probably fake mustache looks suspicious. I mean, he's just standing there, staring at the spirit lady with the lantern. I think he knows more than he's letting on.

I think he knows too much and he's artfully 'blending' into the background of obscurity and unimportance, but I know the truth about you cameraman -- I know the truth.

Look at him, not even looking at the dresses, or the stores, or the fountain. In fact, it could be argued that he's staring at us and breaking some omnipotent fourth wall--- he's the strongest spirit of any of them because he knows about the readers.

Cameraman is the main antagonist of Mayview.

That's my theory.

Looking all innocent like some typical civilian with a camera, but not appreciating scenery, not in nature, and -not- taking a picture.

I'm onto him.

I'm onto his whole game.

He's wearing a watch but he doesn't care about time, time is BENEATH such a sinister man.
He's going to take over the world one day.

And look at that coffee spilled on the ground, litter, he's the one who did that too. Look at him he knows he's a litterbug. He doesn't care about the environment which is why he's not out in the environment with his camera!

He disappears in panel five guys. He's seen all he needs to see.
Back to top Go down
TurnTechBiologist
New Kid
TurnTechBiologist

PostSubject: Re: Chapter Five   Chapter Five - Page 23 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 01, 2016 1:15 am

the other mustachioed man walking under the sign is his ally
they have the spectrals surrounded
the trap is set
Back to top Go down
NinjaKitten
Paranaturalist
NinjaKitten

PostSubject: Re: Chapter Five   Chapter Five - Page 23 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 01, 2016 2:33 am

WHERE'S YOUR EVIDEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEENCE!?

I see NONE!

All I see are personal ASSUMPTIONS, not BACKED UP by RELIABLE SOURCES or even LINKED CLEARLY TO YOUR CLAIMS!

...Okay fine I see a little bit of evidence but NOT ENOUGH!

But pfffft who cares about that anyway? Theories and conspiracies have been constructed on less that what we have here!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Chapter Five   Chapter Five - Page 23 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Chapter Five

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 23 of 34Go to page : Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 28 ... 34  Next