The Activity Club

For the fans of Zack Morrison's webcomic Paranatural.

PortalHomeCalendarFAQRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Top posters
Erie, Man of Danger

Wealthy Lord Asssprite

Soroya123

Baron Von Aardvark

NinjaKitten

Spidey

Leo M. R.

W!tch

Westbrook

tylerouzts

Latest topics
» Chapter Five
Mon Jul 31, 2017 1:26 am by NinjaKitten

» Monsters can draw too
Thu Jun 29, 2017 2:59 am by UniversalMonster

» The Great Wall of Photos
Tue Jun 13, 2017 4:59 am by PretenseAndPoison

» Other webcomics you read?
Mon Jun 12, 2017 12:39 am by NinjaKitten

» Horror Games
Sun Jun 11, 2017 4:07 am by NinjaKitten

» General Off-Topic Discussion Topic
Wed Jun 07, 2017 10:02 pm by NinjaKitten

Statistics
We have 291 registered users
The newest registered user is brideofwinter

Our users have posted a total of 14078 messages in 339 subjects
August 2017
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Share | .

How could Max enter Mayview?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
NinjaKitten
Spectral

PostSubject: Re: How could Max enter Mayview?   Tue May 17, 2016 11:31 am

Yeah, I agree. I think that people who are not spectrals, spirit or no spirit, can cross the barrier, and that Forge has definitely entered Johnny. I'm pretty sure Johnny is not wearing anything he wore the night that Forge joined him, so since Forge reacted when Johnny got all worked up, I think that it's pretty clear that Johnny has become a medium.

Ooooh! I just thought of something cool! You know how Forge can mess with metal, and, y'know, forge it into things? Well, Max's Scrapdragon gives him magnetic powers for any metal, and if Johnny gets the forging power from Forge, then wouldn't that open up the way to some pretty cool teamwork combos? Now I'm even more excited for this than I was before!
Back to top Go down
Connorses
New Kid

PostSubject: Re: How could Max enter Mayview?   Wed May 18, 2016 9:39 am

It will either be team combos, or Max and Johnny will fight to a stalemate because they can both stop incoming attacks with metal objects. Razz
Back to top Go down
NinjaKitten
Spectral

PostSubject: Re: How could Max enter Mayview?   Wed May 18, 2016 2:20 pm

Either way, it ought to be equal parts awesome and hilarious, I expect!
Back to top Go down
PretenseAndPoison
Seeing Shades

PostSubject: Re: How could Max enter Mayview?   Tue Jun 14, 2016 7:09 am

I have another bit of solid evidence to support Johnny being a Medium, which I believe cinches the argument. If you go to the Archives tab of the comic, there's alt text summarizing the page assigned to /each and every pages link/, and chapter 4, page 143, has hovertext that explicitly states "Johnny is possessed by Forge".

Also interesting to note, is that same page (as well as the previous page) is enough to disprove the old disqus theories that members of Johnnys' crew could be spectrals or mediums themselves, as all of them were able to pass through the barrier (which is a tad disappointing, as I really did think RJ was hiding a bit of spectral secrecy under that hood).

I do feel as though Max having been possessed shortly before entering Mayview is plausible- we've got canonical precedent with Johnny and Forge now, as well as Forges initial conversation with the Shadow Bunnies where they proposed having him possess an object as a means of bypassing the barrier ( http://www.paranatural.net/comic/chapter-4-page-46 ).

Using this context, we can postulate that a possessed human that has not yet awakened to the nature of a spectral counts among the same lines as a possessed object- and that exposure to a spirit will create a spectral in a short amount of time. Max began to awaken as a spectral the evening he arrived in Mayview, seeing shades of a ghost and hearing Hissing Pete- and he was still seeing shades well into the next day. Johnny is just now starting to see shades after being possessed by Forge.

I've gotta say I'm falling in line with the "Max was able to pass through the barrier because he wasn't exposed to spectral energy until just before he moved to town" theory in this thread- making BERG/Riddle an infiltrator similar to Forge, and apparently opposing (or at least not on the same side as) Doorman, and in relation, Forge.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How could Max enter Mayview?   

Back to top Go down

How could Max enter Mayview?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2