The Activity Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Activity Club

For the fans of Zack Morrison's webcomic Paranatural.

PortalHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Top posters
Erie, Man of Danger
How could Max enter Mayview? - Page 2 Vote_lcapHow could Max enter Mayview? - Page 2 Voting_barHow could Max enter Mayview? - Page 2 Vote_rcap 
Wealthy Lord Asssprite
How could Max enter Mayview? - Page 2 Vote_lcapHow could Max enter Mayview? - Page 2 Voting_barHow could Max enter Mayview? - Page 2 Vote_rcap 
Soroya123
NinjaKitten
Baron Von Aardvark
Spidey
Leo M. R.
W!tch
Westbrook
tylerouzts
Latest topics
» Chapter Seven
How could Max enter Mayview? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 20, 2021 10:11 pm by ThePyromaniac

» Hear me out... (BERG theory)
How could Max enter Mayview? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 06, 2020 12:32 pm by janusjekyll

» Hello Activity Club
How could Max enter Mayview? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 22, 2020 9:07 am by janusjekyll

» Non-specific Greeting
How could Max enter Mayview? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 04, 2020 5:05 pm by Westbrook

» (slides in) Good Evening
How could Max enter Mayview? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 03, 2020 4:51 pm by Clayview

» I shout into the void
How could Max enter Mayview? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 03, 2020 4:49 pm by Clayview

Statistics
We have 325 registered users
The newest registered user is AL

Our users have posted a total of 14282 messages in 355 subjects
March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

How could Max enter Mayview?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
NinjaKitten
Paranaturalist
NinjaKitten

How could Max enter Mayview? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: How could Max enter Mayview?   How could Max enter Mayview? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 17, 2016 11:31 am

Yeah, I agree. I think that people who are not spectrals, spirit or no spirit, can cross the barrier, and that Forge has definitely entered Johnny. I'm pretty sure Johnny is not wearing anything he wore the night that Forge joined him, so since Forge reacted when Johnny got all worked up, I think that it's pretty clear that Johnny has become a medium.

Ooooh! I just thought of something cool! You know how Forge can mess with metal, and, y'know, forge it into things? Well, Max's Scrapdragon gives him magnetic powers for any metal, and if Johnny gets the forging power from Forge, then wouldn't that open up the way to some pretty cool teamwork combos? Now I'm even more excited for this than I was before!
Back to top Go down
Connorses
New Kid
Connorses

PostSubject: Re: How could Max enter Mayview?   How could Max enter Mayview? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 18, 2016 9:39 am

It will either be team combos, or Max and Johnny will fight to a stalemate because they can both stop incoming attacks with metal objects. Razz
Back to top Go down
NinjaKitten
Paranaturalist
NinjaKitten

PostSubject: Re: How could Max enter Mayview?   How could Max enter Mayview? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 18, 2016 2:20 pm

Either way, it ought to be equal parts awesome and hilarious, I expect!
Back to top Go down
PretenseAndPoison
Seeing Shades
PretenseAndPoison

PostSubject: Re: How could Max enter Mayview?   How could Max enter Mayview? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 14, 2016 7:09 am

I have another bit of solid evidence to support Johnny being a Medium, which I believe cinches the argument. If you go to the Archives tab of the comic, there's alt text summarizing the page assigned to /each and every pages link/, and chapter 4, page 143, has hovertext that explicitly states "Johnny is possessed by Forge".

Also interesting to note, is that same page (as well as the previous page) is enough to disprove the old disqus theories that members of Johnnys' crew could be spectrals or mediums themselves, as all of them were able to pass through the barrier (which is a tad disappointing, as I really did think RJ was hiding a bit of spectral secrecy under that hood).

I do feel as though Max having been possessed shortly before entering Mayview is plausible- we've got canonical precedent with Johnny and Forge now, as well as Forges initial conversation with the Shadow Bunnies where they proposed having him possess an object as a means of bypassing the barrier ( http://www.paranatural.net/comic/chapter-4-page-46 ).

Using this context, we can postulate that a possessed human that has not yet awakened to the nature of a spectral counts among the same lines as a possessed object- and that exposure to a spirit will create a spectral in a short amount of time. Max began to awaken as a spectral the evening he arrived in Mayview, seeing shades of a ghost and hearing Hissing Pete- and he was still seeing shades well into the next day. Johnny is just now starting to see shades after being possessed by Forge.

I've gotta say I'm falling in line with the "Max was able to pass through the barrier because he wasn't exposed to spectral energy until just before he moved to town" theory in this thread- making BERG/Riddle an infiltrator similar to Forge, and apparently opposing (or at least not on the same side as) Doorman, and in relation, Forge.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How could Max enter Mayview?   How could Max enter Mayview? - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

How could Max enter Mayview?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2