The Activity Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Activity Club

For the fans of Zack Morrison's webcomic Paranatural.

PortalHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Top posters
Erie, Man of Danger
Anime/Manga General Discussion Topic Vote_lcapAnime/Manga General Discussion Topic Voting_barAnime/Manga General Discussion Topic Vote_rcap 
Wealthy Lord Asssprite
Anime/Manga General Discussion Topic Vote_lcapAnime/Manga General Discussion Topic Voting_barAnime/Manga General Discussion Topic Vote_rcap 
Soroya123
NinjaKitten
Baron Von Aardvark
Spidey
Leo M. R.
W!tch
Westbrook
tylerouzts
Latest topics
» Chapter Seven
Anime/Manga General Discussion Topic Icon_minitimeSat Mar 20, 2021 10:11 pm by ThePyromaniac

» Hear me out... (BERG theory)
Anime/Manga General Discussion Topic Icon_minitimeTue Oct 06, 2020 12:32 pm by janusjekyll

» Hello Activity Club
Anime/Manga General Discussion Topic Icon_minitimeTue Sep 22, 2020 9:07 am by janusjekyll

» Non-specific Greeting
Anime/Manga General Discussion Topic Icon_minitimeFri Sep 04, 2020 5:05 pm by Westbrook

» (slides in) Good Evening
Anime/Manga General Discussion Topic Icon_minitimeMon Aug 03, 2020 4:51 pm by Clayview

» I shout into the void
Anime/Manga General Discussion Topic Icon_minitimeMon Aug 03, 2020 4:49 pm by Clayview

Statistics
We have 325 registered users
The newest registered user is AL

Our users have posted a total of 14282 messages in 355 subjects
March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Anime/Manga General Discussion Topic

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
W!tch
Mag!c
W!tch

Anime/Manga General Discussion Topic Empty
PostSubject: Anime/Manga General Discussion Topic   Anime/Manga General Discussion Topic Icon_minitimeFri Mar 29, 2013 1:52 pm

Exactly what it says on the tin. So, what are you guys into/reading/watching right now?

Currently, I'm watching Puella Magi Madoka Magica and [C] - Control.
I don't know why I do this to myself.
Back to top Go down
Cleverdan
New Kid
Cleverdan

PostSubject: Re: Anime/Manga General Discussion Topic   Anime/Manga General Discussion Topic Icon_minitimeFri Mar 29, 2013 2:02 pm

I just wrapped up watching Durarara for the second time. Great show.

Currently reading Bakuman, it's a strong contender for my second favorite manga series.
Back to top Go down
W!tch
Mag!c
W!tch

PostSubject: Re: Anime/Manga General Discussion Topic   Anime/Manga General Discussion Topic Icon_minitimeFri Mar 29, 2013 2:36 pm

Bakuman is pretty great. May I inquire as to what your first favorite manga series is?
Back to top Go down
Cleverdan
New Kid
Cleverdan

PostSubject: Re: Anime/Manga General Discussion Topic   Anime/Manga General Discussion Topic Icon_minitimeFri Mar 29, 2013 2:47 pm

Fullmetal Alchemist.

I just keep coming back to it. It's so great.
Back to top Go down
W!tch
Mag!c
W!tch

PostSubject: Re: Anime/Manga General Discussion Topic   Anime/Manga General Discussion Topic Icon_minitimeFri Mar 29, 2013 2:55 pm

I've gotta agree with you there. FMA is a fantastic piece of work, definitely in my top six.
Back to top Go down
Erie, Man of Danger
Paranaturalist
Erie, Man of Danger

PostSubject: Re: Anime/Manga General Discussion Topic   Anime/Manga General Discussion Topic Icon_minitimeFri Mar 29, 2013 4:26 pm

My favorite manga is Psyren

Anime, It gets a little harder, I have weird tastes.
Back to top Go down
W!tch
Mag!c
W!tch

PostSubject: Re: Anime/Manga General Discussion Topic   Anime/Manga General Discussion Topic Icon_minitimeFri Mar 29, 2013 4:46 pm

I read Psyren a bit back when it was preview in Shonen Jump, but then there was like a year of delay for the book's first volume, so I forgot about it.

What's your favorite anime? Us guys and gals with weird taste need to stick together.
Back to top Go down
acid
Admin
acid

PostSubject: Re: Anime/Manga General Discussion Topic   Anime/Manga General Discussion Topic Icon_minitimeFri Mar 29, 2013 4:54 pm

anime-wise, im about to resume watching psycho pass right now and just recently watched evangelion

manga-wise, i was gonna read gangsta. soon

is psyren that one with the phone cards and the weird alternate world thing?
Back to top Go down
http://clockwise11037.tumblr.com/
W!tch
Mag!c
W!tch

PostSubject: Re: Anime/Manga General Discussion Topic   Anime/Manga General Discussion Topic Icon_minitimeFri Mar 29, 2013 5:08 pm

Psyren is the one you just described, yes.

So what's you guys' consensus on Soul Eater?
Back to top Go down
JGhero
New Kid
JGhero

PostSubject: Re: Anime/Manga General Discussion Topic   Anime/Manga General Discussion Topic Icon_minitimeFri Mar 29, 2013 5:26 pm

Soul Eater was the first anime I got into... then that ending happened
Back to top Go down
W!tch
Mag!c
W!tch

PostSubject: Re: Anime/Manga General Discussion Topic   Anime/Manga General Discussion Topic Icon_minitimeFri Mar 29, 2013 5:44 pm

The manga goes on longer and ends up being a lot better, trust me.
Can you say... moon fights?!
Back to top Go down
Erie, Man of Danger
Paranaturalist
Erie, Man of Danger

PostSubject: Re: Anime/Manga General Discussion Topic   Anime/Manga General Discussion Topic Icon_minitimeFri Mar 29, 2013 5:57 pm

W!tch wrote:
What's your favorite anime? Us guys and gals with weird taste need to stick together.

I enjoyed, Madoka Magicka, Baccano, The original FMA, and Fairy Tail. Naruto is good, but far to long and packed full of filler. I loved Ronin Warriors when I was in middle school
I used to love Bleach, Now it just makes me angry and sad.
But I think I hold Digimon Tamers at the highest regard.

acid wrote:
is psyren that one with the phone cards and the weird alternate world thing?

Yes. It is my absolute favorite manga. I could go on about it's positives, but I think sharing what I didn't like says more about it, that I can still love this series despite it's flaws. The ending arcs are rushed because it wasn't doing well sales wise so the writer decided to finish it before it got canceled. As such, some characters are underutilized and a main charcater ends up disappearing only to reappear later.

W!tch wrote:
So what's you guys' consensus on Soul Eater?

I've only seen bits and pieces
Back to top Go down
Leo M. R.
Spectral
Leo M. R.

PostSubject: Re: Anime/Manga General Discussion Topic   Anime/Manga General Discussion Topic Icon_minitimeFri Mar 29, 2013 6:37 pm

Currently watching Revolutionary Girl Utena - the shoujo version of Neon Genesis Evangelion! (yes, I know it's an old anime, don't care. Quality is quality and interest is interest :p)

Manga-wise, I'm on a bit of hiatus there, though I do have a lot in my "to-read" list.

W!tch wrote:

Favorite anime? I don't watch the anime version, but One Piece is definitely my favorite overall manga. For the less mainstream works, for now it's Elfen Lied (manga, not anime. Though the anime's opening is beautiful!).
Back to top Go down
Sulphur
New Kid
Sulphur

PostSubject: Re: Anime/Manga General Discussion Topic   Anime/Manga General Discussion Topic Icon_minitimeFri Mar 29, 2013 8:54 pm

I've been reliving everyone else's childhood watching some Sailor Moon lately (Only planning on bothering with first season, though) Also wrapped up TIger and Bunny recently which was good in spite of having one of the most obvious token characters to ever exist.

W!tch wrote:
Not entirely sure what qualifies as weird, but I take any chance given to me to mindlessly promote Steins;Gate. Because time travelling, plot twists, huge nerds and mad science means wonderful things in my book~
Very much in the what-may-qualify-as-weird category, I really enjoyed the Tatami Galaxy, Bakemonogatari is good if you like harems, pretty much everyone should know about Akira and FLCL, aaaaand Dead Leaves... is, er, a thing that exists.
Back to top Go down
http://sulphuris.deviantart.com
Vuanaunt
New Kid
Vuanaunt

PostSubject: Re: Anime/Manga General Discussion Topic   Anime/Manga General Discussion Topic Icon_minitimeFri Mar 29, 2013 11:54 pm

Manga wise, I enjoyed Fullmetal Alchemist the most.

Anime wise, Ano Hana. Followed closely by Nichijou. Both are amazing at what they do.
Back to top Go down
W!tch
Mag!c
W!tch

PostSubject: Re: Anime/Manga General Discussion Topic   Anime/Manga General Discussion Topic Icon_minitimeSat Mar 30, 2013 12:09 am

How bout that Casshern Sins though, am I right?

Watch it if you haven't. Your queen commands you.
Back to top Go down
Leo M. R.
Spectral
Leo M. R.

PostSubject: Re: Anime/Manga General Discussion Topic   Anime/Manga General Discussion Topic Icon_minitimeSat Mar 30, 2013 4:01 am

Sulphur wrote:
aaaaand Dead Leaves... is, er, a thing that exists.

Oh God, Dead Leaves... Insanity: The Anime! It's even more of a G-Rated Drug than FLCL!
Back to top Go down
Cleverdan
New Kid
Cleverdan

PostSubject: Re: Anime/Manga General Discussion Topic   Anime/Manga General Discussion Topic Icon_minitimeSat Mar 30, 2013 4:21 am

Soul Eater is great. The ending was rough, but yeah the manga marches on in a generally good direction, so it's nice to have that.

Hard to introduce new people to it when you know you'll be setting them up for a let down in the long run. But still, you do it because the characters rule.
Back to top Go down
hollow
New Kid
hollow

PostSubject: Re: Anime/Manga General Discussion Topic   Anime/Manga General Discussion Topic Icon_minitimeSat Mar 30, 2013 11:26 am

Eragon5055 wrote:

OMG - INSTALOVE RIGHT THERE BRO~ Man, Digimon was one of the first anime I ever got into, and even now I still have a special place for it in my heart~ XD

I'm also a big Bleach fan, in case the name didn't make that too obvious. Some of my other current favourites include Helsing, Blue Exorcist, D Grey Man, Madoka Magika, and Deadman Wonderland.

I've seen all of [C] for Control, and that was pretty awesome~ Haven't got round to finishing Soul Eater yet, but what I have seen, I liked.

Right at this very moment though, I'm working my way back through all the Digimon series, as well as all the Zoids series too, and once I get through one of those two, I'll be starting Darker Than Black, which I've heard many good things about.
Back to top Go down
Leo M. R.
Spectral
Leo M. R.

PostSubject: Re: Anime/Manga General Discussion Topic   Anime/Manga General Discussion Topic Icon_minitimeSat Mar 30, 2013 11:39 am

hollow wrote:
Eragon5055 wrote:

Right at this very moment though, I'm working my way back through all the Digimon series

A-are you my doppelganger??? I'm also going through all the Digimon series and just finished Tamers a few weeks ago!
Back to top Go down
hollow
New Kid
hollow

PostSubject: Re: Anime/Manga General Discussion Topic   Anime/Manga General Discussion Topic Icon_minitimeSat Mar 30, 2013 1:27 pm

Leo M. R. wrote:
hollow wrote:
Eragon5055 wrote:

Right at this very moment though, I'm working my way back through all the Digimon series

A-are you my doppelganger??? I'm also going through all the Digimon series and just finished Tamers a few weeks ago!

THAT IS SOME TRIPPY SHIT RIGHT THERE BRO - I HAVE SERIOUSLY LIKE JUST STARTED FRONTIER AGAIN >_>;
Right, it's official. You and I shall be mind twins from this point onwards.
Back to top Go down
Shuryou
New Kid
Shuryou

PostSubject: Re: Anime/Manga General Discussion Topic   Anime/Manga General Discussion Topic Icon_minitimeSat Mar 30, 2013 2:09 pm

Manga-wise, my favorite is Bleach. I'm also a big fan of Neuro and I still pray to Jesus that Viz will license it someday.
Back to top Go down
W!tch
Mag!c
W!tch

PostSubject: Re: Anime/Manga General Discussion Topic   Anime/Manga General Discussion Topic Icon_minitimeSat Mar 30, 2013 2:10 pm

Tamers is the best Digimon series, for certain.
Back to top Go down
Tren
New Kid
Tren

PostSubject: Re: Anime/Manga General Discussion Topic   Anime/Manga General Discussion Topic Icon_minitimeSat Mar 30, 2013 4:24 pm

I'm really into anything by Mizukami Satoshi, especially Hoshi no Samidare/Lucifer and the Biscuit Hammer.
Most of the time I get into new anime/manga and lose interest in them by the time they get really popular. See: Soul Eater, Psyren, (Which is due for a re-read) TWGOK, Beelzebub, Ao no Exorcist, Kuroko, etc.

As a result, I never get to talk to people about the series I like until I don't like them anymore.

I'm obsessed with anything have to do with MMOs and virtual reality. Yureka, .hack//, 1/2 Prince, Moonlight Sculptor, Snow Crash, Heir Apparent... Whoops, I slipped off topic. Either way, it's a shame the genre is so limited. (And before you ask: No, I'm not into SAO. I thought the first season wasn't bad, but the rest had no tension whatsoever.)

Tamers is the best Digimon. And Adventure 02 is the worst.

As for current anime, I've been following Kotoura-san religiously. It's the funniest thing since humor.
Back to top Go down
Soroya123
Paranaturalist
Soroya123

PostSubject: Re: Anime/Manga General Discussion Topic   Anime/Manga General Discussion Topic Icon_minitimeSat Mar 30, 2013 4:50 pm

I read Claymore, Trinity Seven and Deadman wonderland. I've watched some Puella Madoka Magica (Almost two whole episode before I started getting horrendous nightmares...) I also started reading Pokemon ADventures too!
Back to top Go down
http://soroya123.tumblr.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Anime/Manga General Discussion Topic   Anime/Manga General Discussion Topic Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Anime/Manga General Discussion Topic

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 5Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next