The Activity Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Activity Club

For the fans of Zack Morrison's webcomic Paranatural.

PortalHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Top posters
Erie, Man of Danger
Chapter Three - Page 2 Vote_lcapChapter Three - Page 2 Voting_barChapter Three - Page 2 Vote_rcap 
Wealthy Lord Asssprite
Chapter Three - Page 2 Vote_lcapChapter Three - Page 2 Voting_barChapter Three - Page 2 Vote_rcap 
Soroya123
NinjaKitten
Baron Von Aardvark
Spidey
Leo M. R.
W!tch
Westbrook
tylerouzts
Latest topics
» Chapter Seven
Chapter Three - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 20, 2021 10:11 pm by ThePyromaniac

» Hear me out... (BERG theory)
Chapter Three - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 06, 2020 12:32 pm by janusjekyll

» Hello Activity Club
Chapter Three - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 22, 2020 9:07 am by janusjekyll

» Non-specific Greeting
Chapter Three - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 04, 2020 5:05 pm by Westbrook

» (slides in) Good Evening
Chapter Three - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 03, 2020 4:51 pm by Clayview

» I shout into the void
Chapter Three - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 03, 2020 4:49 pm by Clayview

Statistics
We have 325 registered users
The newest registered user is AL

Our users have posted a total of 14282 messages in 355 subjects
April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Chapter Three

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
acid
Admin
acid

Chapter Three - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chapter Three   Chapter Three - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 29, 2013 5:16 pm

lovin' isaac's spirit and spirit world a whole bunch oh man. i only wish that the columns were ionic instead of doric, but then that mightve been pushing it on the amount of swirls i guess. i thought zeus was shisa-based at first, but grecian lion makes more sense.

also isaac must deal with being shot at a lot though because dang son he didn't flinch at all.
Back to top Go down
http://clockwise11037.tumblr.com/
WhoShallRemainNameless
New Kid
WhoShallRemainNameless

PostSubject: Re: Chapter Three   Chapter Three - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 29, 2013 10:41 pm

Mannn, seeing Isaac's spirit was so cool. I can't wait to see Max's. If I remember correctly, only some people have a spirit controlling them, right? And others just have a possessed object? And Max isn't aware that he's possessed? Or something.
(preparing to be bombarded by a million responses correcting all of my wrong-ness)
Back to top Go down
http://thedoctorwhorunsalone.tumblr.com
Erie, Man of Danger
Paranaturalist
Erie, Man of Danger

PostSubject: Re: Chapter Three   Chapter Three - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 29, 2013 10:50 pm

Max's is the Scrapdragon. Been pretty much confirmed
Back to top Go down
WhoShallRemainNameless
New Kid
WhoShallRemainNameless

PostSubject: Re: Chapter Three   Chapter Three - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 29, 2013 10:54 pm

Was this discussed somewhere on the forum? Only just got here today, would definitely be interested in more details.
Back to top Go down
Erie, Man of Danger
Paranaturalist
Erie, Man of Danger

PostSubject: Re: Chapter Three   Chapter Three - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 29, 2013 10:57 pm

Nope, it's all in the comic. Prolly best just ta give ya links
http://paranatural.net/chapter-3-page-45/
Back to top Go down
WhoShallRemainNameless
New Kid
WhoShallRemainNameless

PostSubject: Re: Chapter Three   Chapter Three - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 29, 2013 11:01 pm

Ah, gotcha. And the name "scrapdragon" comes from a comment Zack made. I clearly don't spend enough time analyzing the comic and comments to keep up with this stuff...
Back to top Go down
Erie, Man of Danger
Paranaturalist
Erie, Man of Danger

PostSubject: Re: Chapter Three   Chapter Three - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 29, 2013 11:04 pm

No Worries
Back to top Go down
Baron Von Aardvark
Paranaturalist
Baron Von Aardvark

PostSubject: Re: Chapter Three   Chapter Three - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 30, 2013 1:05 am

From a design standpoint, I absolutely love everything about Isaac's spirit from themes to visuals to personality. Zack seems to have a talent for this, so now I'm very excited to see the other spirits.

Also, I'm intrigued about the hostility spectrals and spirits seem to have for each other. With the way Issac is interacting with his spirit, and considering what we already know about the scrapdragon, it's a wonder that this many activity club members have yet to be ripped limb from limb.
Back to top Go down
Dentrala
New Kid
Dentrala

PostSubject: Re: Chapter Three   Chapter Three - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 30, 2013 1:16 am

I'll definitely echo that - and I think that a lot of Isaac's defiant personality comes from simultaneously being similar to and rebelling against his spirit. I just wonder what Isabel's spirit's personality is like to make her end up the way she is.
Back to top Go down
wheist9095
New Kid
wheist9095

PostSubject: Re: Chapter Three   Chapter Three - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 30, 2013 2:05 am

Am i the only one who thinks Isaac's spirit looks a bit more like a god of Mayan or Incan descent? I'm doubting the Greek influence since hes not wearing any sort of robe, but rather a large feathered belt, like an eagle feather belt.
also, the whole, destroyed squared ruins, and little vines growing from the scenery, and the idyllic hill in the back just screams South American to me.
Back to top Go down
Baron Von Aardvark
Paranaturalist
Baron Von Aardvark

PostSubject: Re: Chapter Three   Chapter Three - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 30, 2013 2:14 am

The architectural style is more reminiscent to me of some era of Greece and/or Rome. The thunder would also indicate a relation to greek or roman myth, as South americans tended to be largely more concerned with fire than thunder.

However, I do see your point in that I don't think it's meant for readers to chain him down to one part of the world. If either Greek or South American was the intended locale, it could and would have been emphasized a lot more.
Back to top Go down
wheist9095
New Kid
wheist9095

PostSubject: Re: Chapter Three   Chapter Three - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 30, 2013 2:18 am

lets agree to disagree, but that does bring up something else, both of the "spectral worlds" that we've seen have been ruins, scrapdragon was a more futuristic ruin, and Isaac's was a more historical setting, does this mean that maybe the aforementioned factions could be based on the different times of ruin?
Back to top Go down
Baron Von Aardvark
Paranaturalist
Baron Von Aardvark

PostSubject: Re: Chapter Three   Chapter Three - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 30, 2013 3:00 am

Now there's an interesting topic. It might be a bit early to assume they're either friends or enemies, but speculation sure is fun. There are any number of other things the factions could be based on, such as material versus elemental powers, which would put max isabel and ed's spirits in opposition to Isaac and presumably Mr.Spender's spirits. It could also just a simple good/evil thing, or be based on nothing but who the spirit chooses to ally with. In that same vein, I wonder if the spirits are aware of each other's presence when two spectrals are near each other, and if so I wonder if they can identify or interact with each other in any way. There's certainly a lot of questions and very few answers in this particular subject.
Back to top Go down
Wealthy Lord Asssprite
Paranaturalist
Wealthy Lord Asssprite

PostSubject: Re: Chapter Three   Chapter Three - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 30, 2013 3:45 am

wheist9095 wrote:
Am i the only one who thinks Isaac's spirit looks a bit more like a god of Mayan or Incan descent? I'm doubting the Greek influence since hes not wearing any sort of robe, but rather a large feathered belt, like an eagle feather belt.
also, the whole, destroyed squared ruins, and little vines growing from the scenery, and the idyllic hill in the back just screams South American to me.

Theres no reason to assume that the spirit was influenced by any ancient cultures, given that they seem to have an indefinite lifespan assuming they manage to tool up every once in a while. It could very easily be the other way around, especially seeing as distance has no meaning to spirits with teleportation abilities.
Back to top Go down
wheist9095
New Kid
wheist9095

PostSubject: Re: Chapter Three   Chapter Three - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 30, 2013 3:48 am

well, indefinite unless they are destroyed. like frog man couldve passed on if he hadnt tooled up.
Back to top Go down
wheist9095
New Kid
wheist9095

PostSubject: Re: Chapter Three   Chapter Three - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 30, 2013 3:51 am

also, i dont think the spirits or spectrals are aware of each other, since frog man didnt sense scrapdragon in max at first.
Back to top Go down
Baron Von Aardvark
Paranaturalist
Baron Von Aardvark

PostSubject: Re: Chapter Three   Chapter Three - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 30, 2013 3:52 am

That's a fair assumption. Thank you. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Wealthy Lord Asssprite
Paranaturalist
Wealthy Lord Asssprite

PostSubject: Re: Chapter Three   Chapter Three - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 30, 2013 3:54 am

I imagine that free spirits would be able to see other free spirits, and some spirits would be able to sense spirits better than others. Like Hissin Pete, for example, who noticed Racist Frog through the floor. Sensory abilities are probably fairly common.
Back to top Go down
Snarks
New Kid
Snarks

PostSubject: Re: Chapter Three   Chapter Three - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 30, 2013 8:25 am

wheist9095 wrote:
also, i dont think the spirits or spectrals are aware of each other, since frog man didnt sense scrapdragon in max at first.

Are you talking about Spirits not being aware of the humans that are being the host to another spirit one way or another or...???

Because both RacistFrog and the Sphynx were well aware of the spirits Max and Isaac are stuck with. I also think you shouldn't forget Doorman's entire conversation with Scrapdragon/Schemer.
Back to top Go down
Erie, Man of Danger
Paranaturalist
Erie, Man of Danger

PostSubject: Re: Chapter Three   Chapter Three - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 30, 2013 2:39 pm

Snarks wrote:
wheist9095 wrote:

Are you talking about Spirits not being aware of the humans that are being the host to another spirit one way or another or...???

Because both RacistFrog and the Sphynx were well aware of the spirits Max and Isaac are stuck with. I also think you shouldn't forget Doorman's entire conversation with Scrapdragon/Schemer.

I think they were just aware that they were spectrals and not the spirits they possesed.
Back to top Go down
wheist9095
New Kid
wheist9095

PostSubject: Re: Chapter Three   Chapter Three - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 31, 2013 12:38 am

i think youre not quite wrong Eragon, they all referenced the ghost within but it took them a few seconds to notice the *ahem* meat, they were contained in.Frog man called max ghost child, and Sphinx called them low flying ghosts. so maybe the spirits cant differentiate the spirit from the spectral overall. since they would give off a similar... Aura?
Back to top Go down
Erie, Man of Danger
Paranaturalist
Erie, Man of Danger

PostSubject: Re: Chapter Three   Chapter Three - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 31, 2013 1:49 am

wheist9095 wrote:
i think youre not quite wrong Eragon, they all referenced the ghost within but it took them a few seconds to notice the *ahem* meat, they were contained in.Frog man called max ghost child, and Sphinx called them low flying ghosts. so maybe the spirits cant differentiate the spirit from the spectral overall. since they would give off a similar... Aura?

O.K. for clarification and so I don't look like an ass, by spirit, do you mean the have that actually makes a spectral a spectral, which from what Zack said that a spectral is just a human with his ghost in one place overlapping, or do you mean the spirits in their tools/body for Isaac which is not the same thing.
Back to top Go down
wheist9095
New Kid
wheist9095

PostSubject: Re: Chapter Three   Chapter Three - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 31, 2013 2:30 am

The overlapping idea, but i'd like to call it a partnership. the free spirits couldn't differentiate the partners from one another, dubbing them one singular being.
Back to top Go down
Erie, Man of Danger
Paranaturalist
Erie, Man of Danger

PostSubject: Re: Chapter Three   Chapter Three - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 31, 2013 2:45 am

But that just it, they are one being, that's what makes them a spectral, if they were separate, they'd be...dead.
Back to top Go down
wheist9095
New Kid
wheist9095

PostSubject: Re: Chapter Three   Chapter Three - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 31, 2013 3:06 am

who'd be dead? the spectral human would still be alive, and the spirit would still be in their tool. unless it was isaac, who found a compatible spirit before it tooled up. its just a matter of compatibility, not destiny. i think.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Chapter Three   Chapter Three - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Chapter Three

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next