The Activity Club

For the fans of Zack Morrison's webcomic Paranatural.

PortalHomeCalendarFAQRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Top posters
Erie, Man of Danger

Wealthy Lord Asssprite

Soroya123

Baron Von Aardvark

NinjaKitten

Spidey

Leo M. R.

W!tch

Westbrook

tylerouzts

Latest topics
» Chapter Five
Yesterday at 4:46 pm by UniversalMonster

» The Great Wall of Photos
Tue Jun 13, 2017 4:59 am by PretenseAndPoison

» Other webcomics you read?
Mon Jun 12, 2017 12:39 am by NinjaKitten

» Horror Games
Sun Jun 11, 2017 4:07 am by NinjaKitten

» General Off-Topic Discussion Topic
Wed Jun 07, 2017 10:02 pm by NinjaKitten

» Monsters can draw too
Wed Jun 07, 2017 5:20 am by UniversalMonster

Statistics
We have 290 registered users
The newest registered user is TealRobin

Our users have posted a total of 14070 messages in 339 subjects
June 2017
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Share | .

The <v^ game

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
AuthorMessage
UniversalMonster
Seeing Shades

PostSubject: Re: The <v^ game   Sun Jul 10, 2016 10:42 pm

^physical pain; a few times. Emotional pain; lots of times.

<I just learned today that I have a little bit of pink-eye coming on, and I got medication eyedrops for it.

v Have you ever had pink-eye? (This is the first time Ive ever had it.)
Back to top Go down
NinjaKitten
Spectral

PostSubject: Re: The <v^ game   Mon Jul 11, 2016 7:37 pm

^I think I had it once when I was little. Got it at school, or something.
<Uhh..... Has been to at least three countries and four states.
v How many places have you traveled to?
Back to top Go down
PretenseAndPoison
Seeing Shades

PostSubject: Re: The <v^ game   Tue Jul 12, 2016 1:39 am

^ I haven't gotten to do much travelling, but I have visited or at least driven through about twenty states(both as a result of moving across the country twice and having a former stepfather be a semi driver). I was born in Minnesota, lived in Florida for a while, then back to Minnesota before finally winding up here in Iowa for work. I'd love to see the Grand Canyon, or hike the Applachian Mountain Trail.
<Absolutely addicted to Dr. Pepper.
V What's your favorite fizzy drink?
Back to top Go down
NinjaKitten
Spectral

PostSubject: Re: The <v^ game   Thu Jul 14, 2016 4:26 am

^My favorite is one I discovered in Japan. It's a "Melon Cream Soda" and it tastes JUST LIKE a favorite ice cream of mine. The thing is, the ice cream is pear flavored... Pretty weird, huh?
<Wishes that IKEA didn't stop selling Swedish candy. (They still sell it, but pretty much just IKEA brand stuff.)
v What do you wish a store still sold? (Something you liked that was discontinued, for example.)
Back to top Go down
UniversalMonster
Seeing Shades

PostSubject: Re: The <v^ game   Fri Jul 15, 2016 1:08 am

^Stores here used to sell a juice drink called Twister. I only really drank the fruit punch flavor, but it was good.

<just learned today that I have "a small" case of bedbugs. I didn't know they were round, redish bugs that bite you for your blood... I thought they were pretty small bugs that like eat your dead skin or something, boy was I wrong.

v Uh idk, tell me something about your bed?
Back to top Go down
NinjaKitten
Spectral

PostSubject: Re: The <v^ game   Sun Jul 17, 2016 10:42 am

^It is soft and comfy and difficult to get out of in the mornings. Also it's in the corner of my room.
<Likes listening to music while I work (on anything; school, art, stories, this, etc.)
v When you're working on something, which do you prefer: silence or not silence? And if not silence, what kind? (Music, nature sounds, chatter, etc.)
Back to top Go down
UniversalMonster
Seeing Shades

PostSubject: Re: The <v^ game   Sun Jul 17, 2016 6:49 pm

^I have a music playlist that I like to play when doing stuff on the computer. It has over 24 hours of audio, which is mostly songs, but I also have a couple things of like podcasts and stuff.

<loves an old ps1 game called Threads of Fate (also known as Dewprism)

v Are there any games you like that it seems like noone knows about? Bonus points if it's more than 5 years old.
Back to top Go down
PretenseAndPoison
Seeing Shades

PostSubject: Re: The <v^ game   Mon Jul 18, 2016 2:30 am

^ Robo Pit for the PS1. I remember playing that for months even after I'd unlocked everything- there's just something about strapping a bunch of limbs onto your robot then duking it out with another robot in an arena. Think Soul Calibur meets Battlebots in the graphical style of Megaman Legends. If I had the opportunity, I would scoop up a disc off Ebay and pop that vintage piece of heaven into my working PS1.

< I have enough flexibility in my joints to reach every square centimeter of my own back- sorry dudes, I've got the sunscreen handled just fine.

V Have any personal talents that you'd never really considered were talents until others expressed their impressed-ness? I know I'm forgetting a word that would have fit better there...

Back to top Go down
NinjaKitten
Spectral

PostSubject: Re: The <v^ game   Mon Jul 18, 2016 11:59 pm

^Hmm.... not that I can think of at the moment?
<Baked, decorated, and ate some delicious cake. Here's a picture of it.

v Do you like to bake, decorate, and/or eat baked goods?
Back to top Go down
UniversalMonster
Seeing Shades

PostSubject: Re: The <v^ game   Tue Jul 19, 2016 2:32 am

^I like to eat baked goods. Never really baked anything that I can think of in my life though. I don't think pizza fits the category,  but you put that in an oven so idk.

<I finished a drawing of one of my characters.

v How do you feel about drawing stuff?
Back to top Go down
NinjaKitten
Spectral

PostSubject: Re: The <v^ game   Wed Jul 20, 2016 1:52 pm

^I like drawing. It's pretty satisfying when something you see in your head comes out on the paper. Though, it can get pretty frustrating when you don't have the skills you need to make it look like how you imagined it.
<There's flypaper hanging around in the middle of my back porch(?) right now. Stupid flies.
v Do you have problems with lots of flies? Do you dislike flies? How do you feel about flies?
Back to top Go down
UniversalMonster
Seeing Shades

PostSubject: Re: The <v^ game   Wed Jul 20, 2016 6:32 pm

^ I dont like when flies bother me. We dont have a problem with them right now though. There are times where I've gonna into a sort of karate mode to battle a fly buzzing aeound an annoying me. It kinda feels good to smack it out of the air like WATA! Dont mess with a MASTA!

<I recently finished an anime called Kotoura-san, and I love it. The thing I like most about it is how even if you know someone, or can read their mind (main character in the show can do that) people can surprise you. Thw world and people aren't all black and white, this or that, and I really love when such a thing does a good job in showing it! Though,  in my opinion, I don't feel like that was the main point of the anime, but idk.

v is there something you watched or played or read that does something like this? (Hopefully people get what I meant)
Back to top Go down
PretenseAndPoison
Seeing Shades

PostSubject: Re: The <v^ game   Thu Jul 21, 2016 2:26 am

^ The most recent anime I finished was Akame Ga Kill, and I liked how it represented that even on distinct opposing sides, the individuals in any group will have their own motivations and reasoning for aligning themselves the way they do. There were plenty of examples of "This person may not be a goood person in some regards, but they're respected and admired by their peers and serve as a source of inspiration and camaraderie". Sure, it was a little skewed towards "The protagonists may be assassins but they're good at heart and stuff" and "These guys are the bad guys, the members of the establishment, they're mostly unhinged and perverse" but some shining examples still pulled through. It's the first anime in a while that had me dreading particular plot events I knew had to happen to certain characters that weren't part of the protagonist team.

< There are so many things I want to say about the last couple comments that don't really work in this format! I think that cake looks absolutely terrific, and flies do bother me. Working in a restaurant in this season, I have to deal with them a lot (doesn't help that we share a back entry with four other businesses), I've gotten pretty skilled at swatting them though. Drawing is kind of stressful for me because I can sit for hours practicing and still never achieve consistency in the style I'm going for.

V Do you ever get those moments in a conversation where it's not your turn to talk, but you have so much to say about a thing that just came up- only for the topic to shift and leave your commentary behind unsaid? How much does that bother you, and how do you handle those situations?
Back to top Go down
UniversalMonster
Seeing Shades

PostSubject: Re: The <v^ game   Thu Jul 21, 2016 4:01 am

^in real life it reall depends on the topic and the people I'm talking with. Most times I just leave it if it's something that's not important.  If the topic comes up again, I could add my two cents then. I do get a little irritated though when it happens.

<my cat likes to play with straws. Sometimes if you have an unattended drink with a straw in it, she'll steal the straw from it.

v what do you like to do with your pets? (Assuming the person replying to this has them)
Back to top Go down
PretenseAndPoison
Seeing Shades

PostSubject: Re: The <v^ game   Fri Jul 22, 2016 2:19 am

^ I have two cats that were born in the same litter, and they're going on 12y now. My black cat, Starry, used to enjoy having me throw his purple catnip mice and bringing them back to me (but only the purple ones for some reason), but now that they're getting older it's harder to keep them interested in playing. Naps are a pretty big hit though- they're always down for curling up and falling asleep on or near me.

< I am in posession of a red china vase that I received for free from an estate sale some years ago as a papercarrier (In southern Minnesota, estate sales generally only happen when the proprietor/homeowner has died with insufficient/uninterested heirs- everything on the property is sold by the closest relative/friend) which likes to move around on its' own. I've found it in some odd places, and when i still lived with my parents I was partially convinced that someone was just moving it to mess with me (living alone and finding it sitting on my toiletseat cover, though, dispelled that doubt. It's not the only paranormal activity I've experienced (I've had a bout of vivid sleep paralysis with flashing lights and chest pressure, and once was completely enveloped in the sheet I'd been sleeping on and dragged about five feet while feeling the sensation of flapping- both of which I had basically put out of my mind and not considered to be ghost activity until I heard several accounts of other people experiencing the same things on a documentary about hauntings), and my entire family on my mothers side for four generations has recounted similar tales of ghost encounters. I could probably churn out a good thirty-five hundred word short essay on a select few of the family stories/encounters- they range from mild and benign to downright creepy- especially one in particular. Mild clairvoyance also runs in the family.

V Do you believe in the supernatural? Have you got any ghost stories to share?
Back to top Go down
UniversalMonster
Seeing Shades

PostSubject: Re: The <v^ game   Fri Jul 22, 2016 5:30 am

^I believe in the supernatural. I don't think I had any ghost incounters though. What you described sounds a bit creepy. I do have one strange story that I remember though.

I was a toddler or little kid when this happened. I was playing by myself in the living room alone; dad at work and motherIin the kitchen. She might have been cooking or doing dishes. Anyway, I wasn't really playing much, mostly sitting on the floor with a few toys around me. Next thing I knew, everything was black (this was in the middle of the day and curtains were open). The blackness lasted for about 30 seconds, and I felt kinda strange in it. Then I heard a voice come from me that wasn't my voice. It said something along the lines of "Then I dont want to be born..." and then I woke up from it. I was still sitting up on the floor, and was wondering what the heck that was. But yeah I think it was some vission I had.

<bad thoughts and feeling are keeping me up right now when I should be asleep.

v What can keep you from sleeping at night? (Sorry if our stories are causing people to stay up.)
Back to top Go down
NinjaKitten
Spectral

PostSubject: Re: The <v^ game   Sun Jul 24, 2016 3:15 am

^I'm fine, don't worry. As long as nobody died a gruesome death, yeah? Things that can keep me from sleeping at night include: Playing a game, watching anime, thinking about zombies or murderers or thieves standing in my room, outside of my windows, or coming down the hallway (this can be watching something that makes me think of this or just my brain messing with me after I finished looking at pictures of kittens,) etc. Generally, I think it's just my stupid decision-making that keeps me from sleeping at decent hours.

< I am going to answer some of the things already said, because I want to and nobody can stop me!
PretenseAndPoison wrote:
I think that cake looks absolutely terrific
Hooray, compliments!
PretenseAndPoison wrote:
Do you ever get those moments in a conversation where it's not your turn to talk, but you have so much to say about a thing that just came up- only for the topic to shift and leave your commentary behind unsaid? How much does that bother you, and how do you handle those situations?
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGH! I hate that! Some, maybe most of the time when that happens I try to find an opportunity to bring it up again.
PretenseAndPoison wrote:
Do you believe in the supernatural?
I don't really believe in the supernatural much. I'm a rather logical person, and as long I haven't seen any concrete evidence that those things DO exist, I won't believe that they're real. But since it's so easy to create fake evidence that seems believable nowadays, nothing short of actually seeing a ghost myself will convince me that they exist. Same thing with religion, actually. If I haven't actually seen/met the "god," then I doubt they exist. However, a friend of mine claims that her family is actually a family of magicians, or something like that, and they can do things with spirits and whatnot. She says that one time, they healed someone by rubbing a pigeon on their back to suck out the "badness" that was in them, and that they threw up black sludge, and then were better. But I dunno. It might be true, it might not be true, but it doesn't really matter either way to me.

v Are you gullible? Do you need proof to believe something? (I'm actually pretty gullible, I think. As long as someone shows me something that seems believable, I'll probably take it as true. I need to get into the habit of double-checking whether things are real by looking them up.)
Back to top Go down
PretenseAndPoison
Seeing Shades

PostSubject: Re: The <v^ game   Sun Jul 24, 2016 5:18 am

^ I've learned to triple-check my sources before repeating any information, but a part of me always still wants to believe when I see something interesting. And boy, have I fallen for some whoppers in my day!

< December 11th, 2014, I was thirsty. I threw on a sweatshirt and a hat and went down my stairs to the soda machines just outside the grocery store, plugged in my change, hit the 'pepsi' button, and surprise surprise I got an orange soda. I knew the machine had orange soda in 6/8 of the slots (mislabeled of course), yet instead of using a different machine I just used the orange surprise machine instead. Rolling my eyes, I returned to my apartment, sat in my favorite napping chair, and cracked that bottle open- then it hit me.

I was sitting in an orange chair, wearing an orange hat, /and/ an orange sweatshirt, drinking an orange soda- completely by coincidence. I make a facebook post commenting on how absurd the situation is, and go on with my evening.

A year passes. December 11, 2015, around 3:00 AM- I'm thirsty. I put on my sweatshirt, grab a hat from my bowl of many hats, trudge down my stairs and press the "A&W" button on the machine of orange surprise. Orange soda. I return to my apartment, sit in my favorite napping chair, adjust my throw pillow under my elbow and turn on my PSVita for some FFT. First, I decide to check Facebook, the Memories feature pops up. Well, why not, right? Orange soda post.

Here I am, an exact year later, sitting in an orange chair, wearing my orange sweatshirt and hat, wrapped in an orange blanket with my elbow resting on an orange pillow, drinking my orange soda that I didn't intend to have, completely unplanned. An hour later I went to the gas station and bought a 12-pack of orange soda, and passed them out to my coworkers when I went into my shift- I will now and forever regard December 11th as a personal holiday. This year, I even have an orange coffee mug to celebrate the accidental occasion.

V Do you have any traditions that you like to keep up with?
Back to top Go down
UniversalMonster
Seeing Shades

PostSubject: Re: The <v^ game   Sun Jul 24, 2016 8:52 pm

^Man that is crazy and awesome! The only thing close to a tradition I have is that since highschool, instead of cake on my birthday, I have fast food. That's starting to change now though since fast food makes me slow and bloated, and most times dont seem that good lately. The only fast food that dont do that to me is Taco Bell, so I'll probably just get a chicken quesadilla every birthday.

<my birthday is September 11th

v What do you usually do on your birthday?
Back to top Go down
NinjaKitten
Spectral

PostSubject: Re: The <v^ game   Mon Jul 25, 2016 1:26 am

^Usually, I wake up to my family singing "Grattis på fodelsedagen" (Swedish "Happy birthday"), open presents, then eat cake for breakfast before heading off to school, since my birthday usually falls on a weekday. I usually bike to school, but since it's my birthday I get my mom to drive me (and my brothers). Sometimes, if I've remembered, I bring in a treat for my friends and/or class, like cookies or something.

(The Orange Surprise holiday thing you have is awesome! I mean, what're the odds you'd have a bunch of orange stuff all at the same time on the same day every year without meaning for it to happen?)

<Bought a shirt that turned out smaller than expected but likes it anyway.

v Did you ever buy something only for it to turn out different than you expected?
Back to top Go down
PretenseAndPoison
Seeing Shades

PostSubject: Re: The <v^ game   Mon Jul 25, 2016 4:06 am

^ I bought a large standing Link poseable figure from a Gamestop thinking I'd display some geek cred for people visiting my apartment.

Then I discovered that a small, flexible plastic skull was just slightly larger than his head... Some cutting and adjusting later, it went from "Poseable link figurine sitting relatively close to a nifty skull decoration" to "Poseable Link figurine wearing a skull on his head. After that, I discovered that his gripping hand designed for the master sword would just as easily hold a long knife, and so on an so on. I now have a fully decked out Death Knight Dark Link standing guard over me while I sleep. Expectations completely blown away. Apartment visitors mildly concerned.

< I have eleven leftove Large Spanish Stuffed Queen Olive jars which I saved from the bar at my workplace, which I intended to use for mini terrariums, but haven't gotten around to doing so yet.

V Do you have any not-quite-finished projects that you've been meaning to get around to, but just haven't?
Back to top Go down
UniversalMonster
Seeing Shades

PostSubject: Re: The <v^ game   Wed Jul 27, 2016 2:37 am

^well I have a few, though mostly they haven't been started yet, but I want to do them at some point cause I think they're pretty cool.

One is just a series of concept arts of The Dazzlings from MLP:FIM Equestria Girls: Ranbow Rocks (such a mouth full), and them having elemental powers based on their names; Adagio Dazzle with light abilities, Aria Blaze with fire, and Sonata Dusk with darkness.

<had a bad time recently with technology

v is there something technological that annoys you lately?
Back to top Go down
PretenseAndPoison
Seeing Shades

PostSubject: Re: The <v^ game   Wed Jul 27, 2016 4:40 am

^/electronic currency and online banking, the endless prejudice and requirement for possession of a personal mobile cell/. Nowadays it's impossible to fill out any forms without a cell number- meaning you're obligated to buy into a contract that will eventually screw you over while it takes your money. I've been without a phone for about three years, when I used to have a phone, it was useless. I never received any calls, people hated receiving calls, the plan was fifty dollars a month and locked to that plan specifically. Then the company discontinued the plan, suddenly I'm stuck with a phone that I can't fill with minutes/data. The only other option? Upgrade to this /shiny new 120$ a month plan that you have to buy a whole new phone for! Whuppee! Only alternative was to go to a different provider that guess what? Only takes digital currency, no money orders, no checks, no office that you can drop off a cash payment. No way in ♥♣♠ am /I/ going to trust a bank larger than a Credit Union (not that they aren't problematic as all get out, with their incredibly lax security), not after all the crap I've personally witnessed them do just to nickel and dime fees and penalties out of people (and the fact that Wells Fargo tried to nail me with a credit card debt lawsuit when I was fifteen and had never stepped foot inside a Wells Fargo, ever. THAT was fun to deal with!). There are two people in my immediate family who haven't been royally screwed by their bank at some point or another, and both of them work at the banks they use. What's even the deal with digital-only currency policies? Where'd all the cash-to-debit facilities go? ugh.

< Doesn't trust banks, ever, at all, for good reason.

V Anything you hate about 'modern convenience'?
Back to top Go down
NinjaKitten
Spectral

PostSubject: Re: The <v^ game   Thu Jul 28, 2016 1:06 am

^Hmm... Well, I don't know if this really fits the bill, but recently me and my mom went to the bank to try and exchange some Yen left over from my trip to Japan to US Dollars, but we went on a Saturday and they said that they could only exchange currency on weekdays, and that they couldn't even access the webpage they'd need (or something like that) until Monday. They also couldn't just hold it until they could send it in, so we would have to go back another day. That was moderately annoying, but I wouldn't say that I hate it, per se. It's just that it could be better.

<Gets mildly to moderately bothered if things are not as they should be. (Grammar or spelling mistakes, items being in the wrong sections in grocery stores, carts parked crookedly, etc.)

v Is there anything that bothers you? Or, do you get bothered by things like that?
Back to top Go down
UniversalMonster
Seeing Shades

PostSubject: Re: The <v^ game   Fri Jul 29, 2016 2:21 am

^I actually get bothered by alot of things haha ; w; To name one thing, I don't like when I'm like outside walking and then something or someone shows up in a way that interrupts my thoughts, especially if they were cool ones.

<I'm kinda close to finishing a comic. Kinda worked harder and focused more on it yesterday, and applied some things I learned, and the part I worked on yesterday is finally done today, and I like the results of that part. (Sorry for weird word structure, it's 2am right now and I woke up at 12am.)

v What's something that you've been kinda proud of lately?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The <v^ game   

Back to top Go down

The <v^ game

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 9 of 12Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next