The Activity Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Activity Club

For the fans of Zack Morrison's webcomic Paranatural.

PortalHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Top posters
Erie, Man of Danger
So how bout them music? - Page 2 Vote_lcapSo how bout them music? - Page 2 Voting_barSo how bout them music? - Page 2 Vote_rcap 
Wealthy Lord Asssprite
So how bout them music? - Page 2 Vote_lcapSo how bout them music? - Page 2 Voting_barSo how bout them music? - Page 2 Vote_rcap 
Soroya123
NinjaKitten
Baron Von Aardvark
Spidey
Leo M. R.
W!tch
Westbrook
tylerouzts
Latest topics
» Chapter Seven
So how bout them music? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 20, 2021 10:11 pm by ThePyromaniac

» Hear me out... (BERG theory)
So how bout them music? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 06, 2020 12:32 pm by janusjekyll

» Hello Activity Club
So how bout them music? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 22, 2020 9:07 am by janusjekyll

» Non-specific Greeting
So how bout them music? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 04, 2020 5:05 pm by Westbrook

» (slides in) Good Evening
So how bout them music? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 03, 2020 4:51 pm by Clayview

» I shout into the void
So how bout them music? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 03, 2020 4:49 pm by Clayview

Statistics
We have 325 registered users
The newest registered user is AL

Our users have posted a total of 14282 messages in 355 subjects
April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

So how bout them music?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Leo M. R.
Spectral
Leo M. R.

So how bout them music? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: So how bout them music?   So how bout them music? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 08, 2013 10:12 pm

Elton John? Say no more! YouTube to the rescue!

...wait, what's the title of the song with Elton John?
Back to top Go down
tylerouzts
Seeing Shades
tylerouzts

PostSubject: Re: So how bout them music?   So how bout them music? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 08, 2013 10:22 pm

Save Rock and Roll, its the title song of the album, its really good.
Back to top Go down
http://tylerouzts.tumblr.com
Leo M. R.
Spectral
Leo M. R.

PostSubject: Re: So how bout them music?   So how bout them music? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 08, 2013 10:30 pm

tylerouzts wrote:
Save Rock and Roll, its the title song of the album, its really good.

Gotcha. On my way, boss!

Edit: I've listened to Save Rock and Roll (the song) 3x now. It's really good, and Elton John still sounds amazing! Very Happy Though I have to say, it's not really my kind of song, honestly. Regardless, I can see myself listening to this again in the future!
Back to top Go down
tylerouzts
Seeing Shades
tylerouzts

PostSubject: Re: So how bout them music?   So how bout them music? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 09, 2013 4:04 pm

That's awesome! I really love that song.
Back to top Go down
http://tylerouzts.tumblr.com

PostSubject: Re: So how bout them music?   So how bout them music? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 09, 2013 4:15 pm

I like the Invader Zim soundtrack, the Age of Empires soundtrack, the Lord of the Rings soundtrack, and a variety of odd songs. I like metal riffs and heavy techno beats, but no scream-o or death metal.

Three of my favorite songs: "Kryptonite" by 3 Doors Down, "Game On" by Disciple, and "Lux Aeterna" from the "Requiem for a Dream" soundtrack (not a fan of the movie, just its theme. Smile )
Back to top Go down
UniversalMonster
Seeing Shades
UniversalMonster

PostSubject: Re: So how bout them music?   So how bout them music? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 30, 2016 11:07 am

Mindless Self Indulgence is my favorite band. Most of their songs seem like stuff I wouldn't listen to, but some song lyrics I take or imagine them as metaphorical.

I can really get into the music, and the unique lyrics they have in most of their songs are what attract me to them.
Back to top Go down
NinjaKitten
Paranaturalist
NinjaKitten

PostSubject: Re: So how bout them music?   So how bout them music? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 30, 2016 3:34 pm

I like a lot of songs from video games and such, and some bands I can think of from the top of my head that I like are Arctic Monkeys, Asian Kung-Fu Generation, ONE OK ROCK, and Orange Range. I also like most songs you can find on youtube sung by VOCALOIDs, and ABBA, The Beatles, and Britney Spears. *shrug*

I mostly just ignore the lyrics of whatever I'm listening to, and focus on the melody and rhythm and such.
Back to top Go down
Westbrook
Spectral
Westbrook

PostSubject: Re: So how bout them music?   So how bout them music? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 02, 2016 1:44 am

My favorite music is often orchestrated; video games or whatnot. Though I AM really good at rhythm games, so I've played the Project Diva F vocaloid games, and thus I guess I became a fan of vocaloid that way?
Back to top Go down
NinjaKitten
Paranaturalist
NinjaKitten

PostSubject: Re: So how bout them music?   So how bout them music? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 02, 2016 1:57 am

Ah, yes, Project Diva. I've never actually played any Project Diva games, since I'm super stingy with my money unless I'm spending it on food, so I never bought any, though I would like to play the 3DS Diva game that came out semi-recently...
Back to top Go down
Westbrook
Spectral
Westbrook

PostSubject: Re: So how bout them music?   So how bout them music? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 02, 2016 1:59 am

NinjaKitten wrote:
Ah, yes, Project Diva. I've never actually played any Project Diva games, since I'm super stingy with my money unless I'm spending it on food, so I never bought any, though I would like to play the 3DS Diva game that came out semi-recently...
I got that too. It was okay, but if you have a PS3 at all I would say the console ones are far superior. The 3DS one felt too easy to me (although that might be what you want? Beats me.)
Back to top Go down
NinjaKitten
Paranaturalist
NinjaKitten

PostSubject: Re: So how bout them music?   So how bout them music? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 02, 2016 2:10 am

I've never really played any rhythm games on a console, though I've played them on my phone and my 3DS. The one I've actually bought is the Final Fantasy Theaterhythm game, and I keep coming back to it for more, so maybe I prefer DS rhythm games. Who knows?
Back to top Go down
Westbrook
Spectral
Westbrook

PostSubject: Re: So how bout them music?   So how bout them music? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 02, 2016 2:17 am

I absolutely loved Elite Beat Agents for the DS, and I later got Ouendan 2 (which is the same thing but Japan.) I did get the first Final Fantasy Theatrhythm game, but the whole thing of the notes being on a line didn't quite do it for me after playing so much Elite Beat Agents where you tap things as they appear. That's probably why I felt the same way about the 3DS Project Diva game; it's pretty much the same but the notes are all on a line and the game feels like it was made easier because you're holding the whole console instead of a PS3 controller so you can't hit different buttons as quickly since the buttons are much smaller.
Back to top Go down
NinjaKitten
Paranaturalist
NinjaKitten

PostSubject: Re: So how bout them music?   So how bout them music? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 02, 2016 2:46 am

I suppose so. Anyway, I think that we're drifting just a little bit off topic here, though we are talking about musical games. Imma give you a song by Orange Range that I like, and that was an anime opening before. I think it was for Bleach? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uCZKKElLdNQ
I haven't really watched the video itself though. I usually just ignore that part.
Back to top Go down
PretenseAndPoison
Seeing Shades
PretenseAndPoison

PostSubject: Re: So how bout them music?   So how bout them music? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 07, 2016 1:29 am

I personally gravitate towards music that has comparatively softer instrumentals, and I especially love music whose lyrics tell a story.

A few artists and bands I can think of off the top of my head right now would be Steam Powered Giraffe, OK Go, Mindy Gledhill, One Eyed Doll, Melanie Martinez, Marina and the Diamonds, Rick Astley, Mike Posner, Jason Mraz, Cindy Lauper, Owl City... the list goes on and on. Actually, come to think of it; my taste in music is nearly indiscriminate.

Admittedly, I'm fairly bad at remembering artists names, or even song/track names until I've made a point of checking to remind myself for a couple months- this leaves me judging a song based off of the song itself rather than who produced it, which makes me enjoy songs from artists I don't like and dislike songs from artists I love to pieces!
Back to top Go down
NinjaKitten
Paranaturalist
NinjaKitten

PostSubject: Re: So how bout them music?   So how bout them music? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 11, 2016 7:35 pm

I think that judging songs by the songs themselves and not the artists who made them is one of the best ways to judge a song. After all, while you may not like someone, that doesn't make the things they can do any less cool, yeah? Good on you for not clouding your judgement!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: So how bout them music?   So how bout them music? - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

So how bout them music?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2