The Activity Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Activity Club

For the fans of Zack Morrison's webcomic Paranatural.

PortalHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Top posters
Erie, Man of Danger
Pokemon in general  Vote_lcapPokemon in general  Voting_barPokemon in general  Vote_rcap 
Wealthy Lord Asssprite
Pokemon in general  Vote_lcapPokemon in general  Voting_barPokemon in general  Vote_rcap 
Soroya123
NinjaKitten
Baron Von Aardvark
Spidey
Leo M. R.
W!tch
Westbrook
tylerouzts
Latest topics
» Chapter Seven
Pokemon in general  Icon_minitimeSat Mar 20, 2021 10:11 pm by ThePyromaniac

» Hear me out... (BERG theory)
Pokemon in general  Icon_minitimeTue Oct 06, 2020 12:32 pm by janusjekyll

» Hello Activity Club
Pokemon in general  Icon_minitimeTue Sep 22, 2020 9:07 am by janusjekyll

» Non-specific Greeting
Pokemon in general  Icon_minitimeFri Sep 04, 2020 5:05 pm by Westbrook

» (slides in) Good Evening
Pokemon in general  Icon_minitimeMon Aug 03, 2020 4:51 pm by Clayview

» I shout into the void
Pokemon in general  Icon_minitimeMon Aug 03, 2020 4:49 pm by Clayview

Statistics
We have 325 registered users
The newest registered user is AL

Our users have posted a total of 14282 messages in 355 subjects
March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Pokemon in general

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
Soroya123
Paranaturalist
Soroya123

Pokemon in general  Empty
PostSubject: Pokemon in general    Pokemon in general  Icon_minitimeSun Mar 31, 2013 5:19 am

I've grown up with pokemon, and have up to the 4th gen memorized. Always loved pokemon always will. Anybody else a die hard trainer Smile
Back to top Go down
http://soroya123.tumblr.com/
Leo M. R.
Spectral
Leo M. R.

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon in general    Pokemon in general  Icon_minitimeSun Mar 31, 2013 5:32 am

I believe by now you should know that I am probably more of a die-hard fan than you are! Pokémon is the will and the way!
Back to top Go down
Soroya123
Paranaturalist
Soroya123

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon in general    Pokemon in general  Icon_minitimeSun Mar 31, 2013 5:35 am

You probably are! Smile I often find that I am outmatched in mastery of anything Smile but I'm glad to find a true die hard to talk to! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Leo M. R.
Spectral
Leo M. R.

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon in general    Pokemon in general  Icon_minitimeSun Mar 31, 2013 5:38 am

Very Happy So... Favorite generation and why. Go!
Back to top Go down
Soroya123
Paranaturalist
Soroya123

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon in general    Pokemon in general  Icon_minitimeSun Mar 31, 2013 5:43 am

...fifth. Because it has ALL generations within itself. Plus some of the new ones at pretty cool Very Happy

Favorite generation and why GO!
Back to top Go down
Leo M. R.
Spectral
Leo M. R.

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon in general    Pokemon in general  Icon_minitimeSun Mar 31, 2013 5:49 am

Third, because it has awesome music (personal taste, I know, but still!), two villainous teams, lots of hidden areas, and Blaziken. Dear God, Blaziken. She was Fire/Fighting before it was cool, yo B)

Favorite Champion and why. Go!

(by the way, other Pokémon trainers in the Activity Club, please do sound up when/if you feel like it! More trainers = more awesome!)
Back to top Go down
Soroya123
Paranaturalist
Soroya123

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon in general    Pokemon in general  Icon_minitimeSun Mar 31, 2013 5:53 am

Cynthia. I have no clue, maybe just because she was the first female champion and her team was impossible to beat? (That Garchomp and Spiritomb were the bane of my existance when I had a DS)
Back to top Go down
Leo M. R.
Spectral
Leo M. R.

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon in general    Pokemon in general  Icon_minitimeSun Mar 31, 2013 5:54 am

Ahh yes. Opening with a Spiritomb? Toughest Pokémon is Garchomp? Bane of our existence everywhere...

What happened to your DS, if I may ask?
Back to top Go down
Soroya123
Paranaturalist
Soroya123

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon in general    Pokemon in general  Icon_minitimeSun Mar 31, 2013 5:57 am

Got stolen/lost at a supermarket (I was stupid. Left it in a shopping cart).
Who's your favorite champion and why?
Back to top Go down
Leo M. R.
Spectral
Leo M. R.

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon in general    Pokemon in general  Icon_minitimeSun Mar 31, 2013 6:06 am

Sad Too bad. Maybe you should get a 3DS? Pokémon X and Pokémon Y are coming out in a few months, you know!

So far, probably Steven Stone. If you paid attention, all of the Hoenn Elite Four has not one, but two weaknesses (aside from the Kingdra Drake uses in Emerald, which only has one, and Phoebe's Sableye, which... has no elemental weakness). There is no such magic bullet for Steven's team! Also, Metagross. Steel/Psychic vs Fire/Fighting? Epic! Besides, all his Pokémon are thematically appropriate for him! And lastly, his name. Can never go wrong with alliterations, you know? Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Soroya123
Paranaturalist
Soroya123

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon in general    Pokemon in general  Icon_minitimeSun Mar 31, 2013 6:08 am

Yupyup. You have basically trumped all my reasons for liking my champion. But still.

Least favorite gym and why GO!
Back to top Go down
Leo M. R.
Spectral
Leo M. R.

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon in general    Pokemon in general  Icon_minitimeSun Mar 31, 2013 6:17 am

Oh man, that's a tough one... Since I haven't finished playing Black 2, I'm not gonna include the gyms from there. Now... Let's see...

Probably Blue's Gym from HeartGold/SoulSilver. Why? BECAUSE TRICK ROOM, THAT'S WHY! Son of the child of Professor Oak's tricked out the whole place, and all of his Gym Trainers use Trick Room... when my slowest Pokémon was Ampharos!

Your turn!
Back to top Go down
Soroya123
Paranaturalist
Soroya123

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon in general    Pokemon in general  Icon_minitimeSun Mar 31, 2013 6:26 am

Pryce's gym. I hate slipping around that gym.

Least favorite pokemon (if one exists for you)
Back to top Go down
Leo M. R.
Spectral
Leo M. R.

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon in general    Pokemon in general  Icon_minitimeSun Mar 31, 2013 6:29 am

But slipping and sliding on ice is fun! At least, in Wallace/Juan's Gym it is! Very Happy

Mmmm, I don't think one exists... I certainly can't think of any. What about you?
Back to top Go down
Soroya123
Paranaturalist
Soroya123

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon in general    Pokemon in general  Icon_minitimeSun Mar 31, 2013 6:39 am

Bidoof! Nah I'm kidding, they're all great Smile Favorite type of pokemon and why?
Back to top Go down
Leo M. R.
Spectral
Leo M. R.

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon in general    Pokemon in general  Icon_minitimeSun Mar 31, 2013 6:46 am

Fire, Fire, and Fire! Because they're awesome, they're awesome, and they're awesome!

No, but seriously, Fire-types. Why? 'Cause I love the fire element, I guess. Also, they're aggressive, powerful, and hot!

Yours?
Back to top Go down
channel07
New Kid
channel07

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon in general    Pokemon in general  Icon_minitimeSun Mar 31, 2013 3:12 pm

Well, Ghost-types.
Although, not that long in the past, I was destined to be either a Normal-type GYM Leader (in my fanfictional head) - I think we can blame Whitney and her slutty Miltank for that (like, I died a thousand times to that cow, so first I got really angry at it, and then I started to admire it's power) - or a Water-type GYM, because swimming is so awesome and doing it with beasts that actually care about you must be insanely good. So, why Ghost-type these days? Because their design is awesome and they have some fun traits to play and interact with. Poison-type pkms are bad ass too, but have way too many weakness to be taken as a personal favorite (yeap, I'm that kind of rational bitch when it's about strategy games).

Thinking to myself, I would probably have a dual type GYM if I were to be a GYM Leader... I like the way Ghost/Electric sounds. But that is due to the heavy influences of what the games allow you to do...I think that, if I lived at the Pokeverse, I would be more of an explorer of Ancient Civilizations or a professor's Assistant; trying to discover more about pokemons' relationship with humans trough history...
Back to top Go down
Soroya123
Paranaturalist
Soroya123

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon in general    Pokemon in general  Icon_minitimeSun Mar 31, 2013 4:20 pm

Nice! I've always been partial to grass types myself, but I feel inner turmoil over the dragon types. Why? Cause they are so cool! And their attacks are insane against each other! Draco meteor anyone?
Back to top Go down
Leo M. R.
Spectral
Leo M. R.

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon in general    Pokemon in general  Icon_minitimeSun Mar 31, 2013 4:32 pm

channel07 wrote:
Thinking to myself, I would probably have a dual type GYM if I were to be a GYM Leader... I like the way Ghost/Electric sounds. But that is due to the heavy influences of what the games allow you to do...I think that, if I lived at the Pokeverse, I would be more of an explorer of Ancient Civilizations or a professor's Assistant; trying to discover more about pokemons' relationship with humans trough history...

Ghost/Electric? That's Rotom right there, buddy! Very Happy An explorer sounds nice. I personally would much prefer to be a full-blown Pokémon Professor hahaha.

Soroya123 wrote:
Nice! I've always been partial to grass types myself, but I feel inner turmoil over the dragon types. Why? Cause they are so cool! And their attacks are insane against each other! Draco meteor anyone?

Draco Meteor: the Poké-World's equivalent to a nuke. If you don't have a Blissey or a Steel-type on hand, well, better send out a Pokémon that's been talking smack at you lately...

So guys, what type combinations (that hasn't been made so far) are you looking forward to the most? Me, I'm hopin' for Dragon/Poison, Grass/Fire, and, Normal/Ghost or Fighting/Ghost.
Back to top Go down
Soroya123
Paranaturalist
Soroya123

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon in general    Pokemon in general  Icon_minitimeSun Mar 31, 2013 4:37 pm

Dragon poison would be the nastiest thing ever. What if the made a move that could poison you and do massive amounts of damage?! o~O I would love to see a Dark phycic, or a electric ground type.
Back to top Go down
Leo M. R.
Spectral
Leo M. R.

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon in general    Pokemon in general  Icon_minitimeSun Mar 31, 2013 4:45 pm

I love Dragon/Poison; it would make the perfect defensive Dragon-type! I mean, Poison only has two weaknesses (Psychic and Ground) but four resistances (Poison, Grass, Bug, and most importantly, Fighting)! A Dragon/Poison would also be relatively simple to make: komodo dragon to the rescue!

Fun fact: Dark/Psychic would only have one weakness (Bug), which is a double weaknesses. However, it wouldn't have any resistances whatsoever! XD Electric/Ground already exists, dear: Stunfisk.

(I just totally Poké-geeked myself beyond socially-acceptable levels there, didn't I?)
Back to top Go down
Soroya123
Paranaturalist
Soroya123

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon in general    Pokemon in general  Icon_minitimeSun Mar 31, 2013 4:51 pm

Hey, I'm glad I have a pokegeek to talk too! Most of the pokegeek I know at my school are guys that I don't know that well so it would be pretty awkward. Smile feel free to geek Smile

And how could I forget stufisk! (Probably lack of vigorous study of the fifth gen...)
Back to top Go down
Wealthy Lord Asssprite
Paranaturalist
Wealthy Lord Asssprite

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon in general    Pokemon in general  Icon_minitimeSun Mar 31, 2013 4:52 pm

I'm sort of casually into pokemon, in that I know all their names and ive played most of the games, but ive never beaten any elite four. My favourite type is poison, but the way I train is to only ever have pokemon that can evolve in my party, so I can fill up the pokedex faster. Once it fully evolves, its back into the box forever! Of course, that means that its really hard to pass the midpoint in the games where you have to be around level 35 to win battles, because everything fully evolves around there so I have to keep grinding until I have six that dont evolve until much later... That's why I never reach the elite four.
Back to top Go down
Leo M. R.
Spectral
Leo M. R.

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon in general    Pokemon in general  Icon_minitimeSun Mar 31, 2013 4:55 pm

Soroya123 wrote:
Hey, I'm glad I have a pokegeek to talk too! Most of the pokegeek I know at my school are guys that I don't know that well so it would be pretty awkward. Smile feel free to geek Smile

And how could I forget stufisk! (Probably lack of vigorous study of the fifth gen...)

What, a lack of female Poké-geeks? That can't be right...

Asssprite wrote:
I'm sort of casually into pokemon, in that I know all their names and ive played most of the games, but ive never beaten any elite four. My favourite type is poison, but the way I train is to only ever have pokemon that can evolve in my party, so I can fill up the pokedex faster. Once it fully evolves, its back into the box forever! Of course, that means that its really hard to pass the midpoint in the games where you have to be around level 35 to win battles, because everything fully evolves around there so I have to keep grinding until I have six that dont evolve until much later... That's why I never reach the elite four.

Ah, a Pokédex filler, eh? Why don't you just use your fully evolved Pokémon to beat the Gym Leaders and the Elite Four and the Champion and then fill the Pokédex up?
Back to top Go down
Soroya123
Paranaturalist
Soroya123

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon in general    Pokemon in general  Icon_minitimeSun Mar 31, 2013 4:56 pm

I go to a small school.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon in general    Pokemon in general  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Pokemon in general

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 7Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next