The Activity Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Activity Club

For the fans of Zack Morrison's webcomic Paranatural.

PortalHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Top posters
Erie, Man of Danger
Pokemon in general  - Page 5 Vote_lcapPokemon in general  - Page 5 Voting_barPokemon in general  - Page 5 Vote_rcap 
Wealthy Lord Asssprite
Pokemon in general  - Page 5 Vote_lcapPokemon in general  - Page 5 Voting_barPokemon in general  - Page 5 Vote_rcap 
Soroya123
NinjaKitten
Baron Von Aardvark
Spidey
Leo M. R.
W!tch
Westbrook
tylerouzts
Latest topics
» Chapter Seven
Pokemon in general  - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 20, 2021 10:11 pm by ThePyromaniac

» Hear me out... (BERG theory)
Pokemon in general  - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 06, 2020 12:32 pm by janusjekyll

» Hello Activity Club
Pokemon in general  - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 22, 2020 9:07 am by janusjekyll

» Non-specific Greeting
Pokemon in general  - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 04, 2020 5:05 pm by Westbrook

» (slides in) Good Evening
Pokemon in general  - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 03, 2020 4:51 pm by Clayview

» I shout into the void
Pokemon in general  - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 03, 2020 4:49 pm by Clayview

Statistics
We have 325 registered users
The newest registered user is AL

Our users have posted a total of 14282 messages in 355 subjects
March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Pokemon in general

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
Baron Von Aardvark
Paranaturalist
Baron Von Aardvark

Pokemon in general  - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pokemon in general    Pokemon in general  - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 19, 2013 3:16 pm

Labyrinth is awesome. And now that you mention it, I want to tell their nicknames as well.

Luke (Chesnaught), Julia (Vespiquen), Athena (Blastoise), Chris (Amphoros, going to have a name change in the future to Jupiter), Eve (Aegislash), Kyle (Pangoro)

I thought it would be fun to name my mega evolvers after greek and roman gods. Lucario is named Pluto, and my Kanghaskhan is going to be called Venus once I get her a Mega Stone.

How to get Dusk Stones:
Back to top Go down
Erie, Man of Danger
Paranaturalist
Erie, Man of Danger

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon in general    Pokemon in general  - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 22, 2013 6:47 pm

I finally got my finally team member, and surprise surprise, its a dragon! My team is half dragon types (over half if you count a mega Ampharos)

Magus (Delphox), Vera (Aegislash), Reef (Dragalge), Ventura (Tyrantrum), Jareth (Ampharos), and Ferngully (Noivern)

And I have learned that using pokemon Amie can greatly improve your pokemon in battle. I thought it was just used to raise friendship, but nope. A pokemon's affection level is entirely different from its friendship level, and when its full, your mon is more likely to land crits, dodge attacks, and survive blows that would have normally KO'd them, and the battle messages change as well.

I've been trying to get Ferngully to learn Draco meteor, but her friendship isn't high enough, and I can't remember where the haircut guy/gal is. Also searching for a life orb for her.

Why Ferngully? Cause of this (Would be Batty Koda if I found a good male one)

Just skip to 1:44

Back to top Go down
Baron Von Aardvark
Paranaturalist
Baron Von Aardvark

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon in general    Pokemon in general  - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 22, 2013 8:22 pm

Wow... good luck with the fairy gym.

I think I'm going to bring a Noivern onto my team soon. I don't have any team members that learn fly, as you may have noticed. Kyle isn't really pulling his weight, so he's off the team. He's been temporarily replaced by Tropius the HM slave.
Back to top Go down
Erie, Man of Danger
Paranaturalist
Erie, Man of Danger

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon in general    Pokemon in general  - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 22, 2013 8:50 pm

Fairy gym was easy.

Fairies aren't very tough at all. Reef is also part poison and can take a hit like a boss whether its supereffective or not, and is part poison, and Magus got the fire type advantage, with Vera supereffective.

I just beat the 8th gym
With Ferngully. She's just so fast with her flamethrower
Back to top Go down
Erie, Man of Danger
Paranaturalist
Erie, Man of Danger

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon in general    Pokemon in general  - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 26, 2013 3:55 am

Yo, did anyone take the sail fossil? I wondering if anyone would be will to trade me an Amura.
Back to top Go down
Baron Von Aardvark
Paranaturalist
Baron Von Aardvark

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon in general    Pokemon in general  - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 26, 2013 1:46 pm

I did, actually. As soon as I get back to breeding, I'll get one for ya. Should be within the next couple a' days.
Back to top Go down
Wealthy Lord Asssprite
Paranaturalist
Wealthy Lord Asssprite

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon in general    Pokemon in general  - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 01, 2013 1:48 am

I really like the way you can get a bunch of evolution stones through the secret super training. The dusk/dawn stones have come in the most handy, so far, but i havent found moon stones yet and i need like three of them... Honestly I havent had much call for mega evolution, since I only really train pokemon in order to evolve them and therefore dont keep pokemon that dont evolve any farther with me. I have three boxes of unique fully evolved pokemon already, and two boxes of pokemon to evolve. My friend code is 1633 4697 6389
Back to top Go down
Erie, Man of Danger
Paranaturalist
Erie, Man of Danger

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon in general    Pokemon in general  - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 01, 2013 2:16 pm

Yup, I put it in.

Truthfully never bothered with that. I train only pokemon I like. Smile
Back to top Go down
Wealthy Lord Asssprite
Paranaturalist
Wealthy Lord Asssprite

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon in general    Pokemon in general  - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 02, 2013 2:20 am

Yeah, a lot of people do that, but I dont actually like battling very much. Its a little bit boring to me, i guess? But catching pokemon is fun, and evolving them is cool, so I do that instead.
Back to top Go down
Erie, Man of Danger
Paranaturalist
Erie, Man of Danger

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon in general    Pokemon in general  - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 02, 2013 2:30 am

That's like the opposite of me. I love the battling.
Back to top Go down
UniversalMonster
Seeing Shades
UniversalMonster

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon in general    Pokemon in general  - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue May 03, 2016 2:20 pm

I recently got back into the Pokemon TCG game for gameboy color. I never got the legendary cards, so I'm probably gonna casually try to do that.

I restarted my file, so I started with the squirtle and friends deck. I usually just visit all the places in a big circle, so i hhaven't even went to the fire club place yet like any logical person would.

Currently, I have the rock club metal/badge, I'm in the psychic club place, and I have a water/psychic deck. (Though the psychic part is just a few abra and kadabra)
Back to top Go down
NinjaKitten
Paranaturalist
NinjaKitten

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon in general    Pokemon in general  - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue May 03, 2016 7:09 pm

Sounds cool! I've only really played the main series, and not the mystery dungeons, ranger things, or the trading card games, so even though I'd like to enthuse about the game with you, I can't really do that... >_<
Back to top Go down
UniversalMonster
Seeing Shades
UniversalMonster

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon in general    Pokemon in general  - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue May 03, 2016 8:59 pm

That's alright. I just got the fire medal, I beat the club master pretty badly after I got a dewgong out.

I don't think there are any recent pokemon tcg video games. I wonder why.
Back to top Go down
NinjaKitten
Paranaturalist
NinjaKitten

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon in general    Pokemon in general  - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue May 03, 2016 9:24 pm

Maybe the card game has lost popularity? Though I wouldn't really know.
Back to top Go down
Westbrook
Spectral
Westbrook

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon in general    Pokemon in general  - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed May 04, 2016 12:24 am

I think I played the TCG a really long time ago, but I haven't kept up with it since then. It's been ages!
Back to top Go down
UniversalMonster
Seeing Shades
UniversalMonster

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon in general    Pokemon in general  - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed May 04, 2016 2:28 am

Yeah, I haven't played the actual TCG in forever. There were too many rule changes for me to try and follow, so I just dropped it. If there was a TCG video game that came out with modern rules and cards, then it would probably be easier for me to kinda relearn and get back into.
Back to top Go down
NinjaKitten
Paranaturalist
NinjaKitten

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon in general    Pokemon in general  - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed May 04, 2016 2:30 am

I had a mild interest in the TCG, but I never really liked the idea of spending a bunch of money on a bunch of cards, especially since I didn't really know the rules and because there wasn't anyone to play against.
Back to top Go down
UniversalMonster
Seeing Shades
UniversalMonster

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon in general    Pokemon in general  - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed May 04, 2016 6:28 am

I got a collection of the cards, but after a while we got too poor to buy more, and I lost interest anyways. I got like over 100 copies of the same promotional Marill card cause of a yard sale one time. It's pretty ridiculous. xD
Back to top Go down
NinjaKitten
Paranaturalist
NinjaKitten

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon in general    Pokemon in general  - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed May 04, 2016 11:26 am

Hah, yeah that does sound ridiculous.

Question: Do you have a favorite pokemon?
Back to top Go down
UniversalMonster
Seeing Shades
UniversalMonster

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon in general    Pokemon in general  - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed May 04, 2016 3:50 pm

My favorite pokemon is Heracross. What's yours?
Back to top Go down
NinjaKitten
Paranaturalist
NinjaKitten

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon in general    Pokemon in general  - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed May 04, 2016 6:00 pm

It's difficult to choose! When I was younger I adored Skitty, but now I think Absol is cooler. So is Gengar and Charizard and Lucario and Fennekin and Lineoon are adorable. And Combuskin is super cool and Torchic is super cute and and and...*list continues on for quite a while*
Back to top Go down
UniversalMonster
Seeing Shades
UniversalMonster

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon in general    Pokemon in general  - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed May 04, 2016 6:58 pm

Haha yeah it can be hard to choose. I actually choose my favorite through some random process a long time ago out of all the pokemon at the time (when diamond and pearl were the lastest games). I don't remember the process, but I think Heracross fits me. :3
Back to top Go down
NinjaKitten
Paranaturalist
NinjaKitten

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon in general    Pokemon in general  - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed May 04, 2016 8:16 pm

I find quizzes and random processes to be amusing. I wish you remembered what the process was so I could try it myself. Sad Oh well.

But yeah, Heracross is pretty cool, though I'm not that much of a fan of bug pokemon. I think my favorite type would probably be either dark or psychic, though I'm not entirely certain about that.
Back to top Go down
UniversalMonster
Seeing Shades
UniversalMonster

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon in general    Pokemon in general  - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed May 04, 2016 8:56 pm

I dont know. It might have just been a random number picker, where it picks a number from 1 to the last number on the pokedex.

My favorite type is actually grass, so I almost always choose the grass-type starter.
Back to top Go down
NinjaKitten
Paranaturalist
NinjaKitten

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon in general    Pokemon in general  - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed May 04, 2016 11:58 pm

I tend to choose based on appearance as well, like if they're cute or not, though sometimes type plays a bigger factor. Like for instance, if I'm replaying the game and I know that there is an X type gym first, I'll take that into consideration when deciding which starter to go with.

I try to have one each of fire, grass, and water on all of my teams, plus a flying type (so I have easy access to fly) but I don't usually have any specifics for what the other two types are, so I usually just choose pokemon that I think look cool, as long as their base type isn't the same as another pokemon's. (I.e. a Fire Fighting type would be no good if I already had a Fire type, but it would be fine even if I already had a Fighting type.)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon in general    Pokemon in general  - Page 5 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Pokemon in general

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 5 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next