The Activity Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Activity Club

For the fans of Zack Morrison's webcomic Paranatural.

PortalHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Top posters
Erie, Man of Danger
Pokemon in general  - Page 6 Vote_lcapPokemon in general  - Page 6 Voting_barPokemon in general  - Page 6 Vote_rcap 
Wealthy Lord Asssprite
Pokemon in general  - Page 6 Vote_lcapPokemon in general  - Page 6 Voting_barPokemon in general  - Page 6 Vote_rcap 
Soroya123
NinjaKitten
Baron Von Aardvark
Spidey
Leo M. R.
W!tch
Westbrook
tylerouzts
Latest topics
» Chapter Seven
Pokemon in general  - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 20, 2021 10:11 pm by ThePyromaniac

» Hear me out... (BERG theory)
Pokemon in general  - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 06, 2020 12:32 pm by janusjekyll

» Hello Activity Club
Pokemon in general  - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 22, 2020 9:07 am by janusjekyll

» Non-specific Greeting
Pokemon in general  - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 04, 2020 5:05 pm by Westbrook

» (slides in) Good Evening
Pokemon in general  - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 03, 2020 4:51 pm by Clayview

» I shout into the void
Pokemon in general  - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 03, 2020 4:49 pm by Clayview

Statistics
We have 325 registered users
The newest registered user is AL

Our users have posted a total of 14282 messages in 355 subjects
March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Pokemon in general

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
UniversalMonster
Seeing Shades
UniversalMonster

Pokemon in general  - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pokemon in general    Pokemon in general  - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu May 05, 2016 12:59 am

Ah cool.

When it comes to teams, haha, I dont use the same one throughout the whole game. I don't even pick pokemon for it. I just go by this system where if any of my team gets knocked out, then I switch them with pokemon in the PC. The PC is ordered like a list, so if a pokemon gets knocked out, they get switched with the first pokemon in box1, goes to "the end of the list", and then I move all my pokemon up one.

Kinda tedious, but also randomizes the game alittle, especially when my pokemon take unexpected critical hits. (And it's another strange thing I do!)
Back to top Go down
Westbrook
Spectral
Westbrook

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon in general    Pokemon in general  - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu May 05, 2016 1:34 am

I always pick grass starters as well! Bulbasaur etc FTW.

(Also Gardevoir is the cutest Pokemon, it's not even a contest)
Back to top Go down
NinjaKitten
Paranaturalist
NinjaKitten

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon in general    Pokemon in general  - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu May 05, 2016 1:36 am

(Gardevoir is super pretty!)

I think I actually tend to choose Fire the most, though I also pick Water fairly often.
Back to top Go down
UniversalMonster
Seeing Shades
UniversalMonster

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon in general    Pokemon in general  - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue May 10, 2016 4:25 pm

So, who's your favorite gym leaders?

I know this thread is geared mostly to the games, and I never played B&W2, but I'd say Homika/Roxie is my favorite gym leader. Rock and roll!
Back to top Go down
NinjaKitten
Paranaturalist
NinjaKitten

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon in general    Pokemon in general  - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue May 10, 2016 5:08 pm

Yeah, she's pretty cool. I dunno if I have a favorite gym leader, but I thought the grass/water/fire combination gym in B/W was pretty cool for a first gym, and I liked the grass gym in X/Y.
Back to top Go down
UniversalMonster
Seeing Shades
UniversalMonster

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon in general    Pokemon in general  - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat May 14, 2016 10:42 pm

The reason I like Homika/Roxue so much is from the anime actually. She was so cool in the 2 episodes that she battled Ash. With her personality and passion, she became my #1 waifu shortly after. Haha
Back to top Go down
NinjaKitten
Paranaturalist
NinjaKitten

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon in general    Pokemon in general  - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon May 16, 2016 12:21 pm

Good for you. I have characters that I like, but no waifus.
I've only really seen a few episodes from the first seasons of Pokemon (with Misty, Dawn, and May as the lady companions) and one movie, so I don't know too much about the specifics of the anime. I did enjoy it when I watched it, though!
Back to top Go down
UniversalMonster
Seeing Shades
UniversalMonster

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon in general    Pokemon in general  - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon May 16, 2016 3:43 pm

I really enjoy the anime. I'll have to catch up on it sometime.

Game related topic though; I have a program that can randomize stuff from roms of most of the main pokemon games, and I wanted to see if there was one for the Mystery Dungeon series. I found one, but it only works for Explorers of Sky, which is an amazing game that I played anyway, so I got it.

I'm off-and-on playing on the radomized rom I made from it. I'm currently looking for a time gear at Northern Desert, and it's pretty fun.

I found the program in some thread of a forum, and someone made a post voicing some complaints. For them, the first dungeon you have to go through was hard with pokemon knocking out their pokemon in 1 or 2 hits, and then everything afterward was easier.

In mine game, Beach Cave was ok. My team didn't get knocked out at all. Afterward, I did get some high-teir items early on, but it seems that whenever I start thinking its getting easy, I get knocked out by something. The first time it happened, I got hit with Perish Song in Waterfal Cave. I couldn't do anything about it. So to me, the game seems kinda balanced.
Back to top Go down
NinjaKitten
Paranaturalist
NinjaKitten

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon in general    Pokemon in general  - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon May 16, 2016 6:01 pm

I suppose with a randomizer, things won't always be balanced out. I mean, if something is completely random, then things wouldn't make sure to keep anything anywhere, including keeping the more difficult things away from the first areas, so it's understandable that someone would have a balanced experience and someone else would struggle a lot.
Back to top Go down
UniversalMonster
Seeing Shades
UniversalMonster

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon in general    Pokemon in general  - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon May 16, 2016 9:19 pm

Yeah that's true, I wasnt thinking of that. I got a little frustrated at times cause of how I was being knocked out, and reading that one post made me think that I didn't need to be that cautious at first. ;w;

Thankfully my Shinx has Silver Wind now that I can use for multiple pokemon that are far away.
Back to top Go down
NinjaKitten
Paranaturalist
NinjaKitten

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon in general    Pokemon in general  - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue May 17, 2016 11:21 am

Nice!

Shinx is adorable. I had one on my team at one point, in the main Pokemon series. I forget which version, though. Maybe Diamond?
Back to top Go down
UniversalMonster
Seeing Shades
UniversalMonster

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon in general    Pokemon in general  - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue May 17, 2016 11:05 pm

The only time I had a team was in Platinum. I hatched a heracross from one of my mothers games and traded it for some pokemon I didn't need, so I had a heracross for almost all of the game.

I had a shinx, that is now a luxuray, in my team and called him DarkSparks.
Back to top Go down
NinjaKitten
Paranaturalist
NinjaKitten

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon in general    Pokemon in general  - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed May 18, 2016 2:25 pm

Nice! I think I named mine Shima or something. I don't remember exactly.
Back to top Go down
Westbrook
Spectral
Westbrook

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon in general    Pokemon in general  - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu May 19, 2016 11:07 pm

I remember having a Shinx when I played Diamond!
Back to top Go down
NinjaKitten
Paranaturalist
NinjaKitten

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon in general    Pokemon in general  - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri May 20, 2016 11:41 am

Yeah! We could start a Shinx club or something!
Back to top Go down
UniversalMonster
Seeing Shades
UniversalMonster

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon in general    Pokemon in general  - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 17, 2016 2:32 pm

I had a hilarious thought. What if Raquaza in my randomized Pokemon Emerald rom has Splash attack? That would be funny cause legendary with move that does nothing, but imagine this:

All mighty Raquaza descends from the sky letting out a thunderous roar! It swoops down very close to the ground and heads straight for you! You fear for your life because it’s fully apparent that Raquaza is going to attack you and all of your pokemon have fainted from your battle with it!

Raquaza stops about 5 feet away from you for a close range attack! It lifts it’s claws, ready to strike with maybe a Slash or Shadow Claw attack! You’re so scared that you close your eyes, unwilling to witness what attck ends your life! Raquaza lets out another ear-piercing roar! It’s all over!

Raquaza then flails his arms in a big puddle underneath it, screaming the entire time, leaving you soaked and confused.
Back to top Go down
PretenseAndPoison
Seeing Shades
PretenseAndPoison

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon in general    Pokemon in general  - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 18, 2016 12:25 am

That would be hilarious. And, if it were a shiny Rayquaza, would be humorously similar to how I imagine Scrapdragon in my headspace!
Back to top Go down
UniversalMonster
Seeing Shades
UniversalMonster

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon in general    Pokemon in general  - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 19, 2016 3:52 pm

Haha oh man. I can't wait for the story to shift back to Max.

To make this post more pokemon related, I decided to do another video as an excuse to talk about something I think I figured out a couple days ago. I also caught 2 pokemon.

Back to top Go down
PretenseAndPoison
Seeing Shades
PretenseAndPoison

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon in general    Pokemon in general  - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 19, 2016 5:17 pm

Shifting back to Max also means we get to see more of the School Store! Woohoo!

Speaking about pokemon; does anyone play the TCGO?
Back to top Go down
UniversalMonster
Seeing Shades
UniversalMonster

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon in general    Pokemon in general  - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 20, 2016 8:58 pm

I looked in to it because I think I signed up for it or something before on a site and at first you only had 2 decks to use and couldn't deconstruct them at all, so I never played it.

Instead though, google gave me an app with the same name, looked for the app in the app store, but it said it wasn't compatible with my phone, so dang.

I do have a rom of the gameboy color game of pokemon tcg.
Back to top Go down
NinjaKitten
Paranaturalist
NinjaKitten

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon in general    Pokemon in general  - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 24, 2016 3:03 am

I don't think I've ever played the TCG, online or otherwise.

I have, however, played other card games, such as Magic: The Gathering and (for a little while, with one of my friends) Yu-Gi-Oh!.

After a long and difficult struggle, I have decided to get the Moon version of the new Pokemon games. Now there's the question of whether I pre-order it for the special Munchlax or not. Oh, whatever do I do?
Back to top Go down
UniversalMonster
Seeing Shades
UniversalMonster

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon in general    Pokemon in general  - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 25, 2016 8:24 pm

That pulverizing pancake move is pretty ridiculous, in a good way.

Also I'm probably gonna restart my randomized emerald game that I've been using in my vids. I found some editable files of trainer classes and names that the randomizer can give to trainers, and most of the classes were generic and uninteresting to me.

So I'm gonna re-randomize with some classes and names added to make the experience better for me when it comes to trainer battles. I already added a bit, but I'd also appreciate some suggestions for classes and names I can add to see if there's anything I like that I haven't thought about adding.

I'm probably gonna re-randomize the emerald rom near the first of the month, so you can share any ideas until then.
Back to top Go down
PretenseAndPoison
Seeing Shades
PretenseAndPoison

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon in general    Pokemon in general  - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 25, 2016 9:14 pm

NinjaKitten wrote:
I don't think I've ever played the TCG, online or otherwise.

I have, however, played other card games, such as Magic: The Gathering and (for a little while, with one of my friends) Yu-Gi-Oh!.

After a long and difficult struggle, I have decided to get the Moon version of the new Pokemon games. Now there's the question of whether I pre-order it for the special Munchlax or not. Oh, whatever do I do?

The best thing about pokemon games is that, while pre-ordering is an option to ensure you get a copy on release day, there are no pre-order exclusive bonuses. It's just a bit of wording that can be easily misinterpreted with the marketing strategies we've been flooded with-

The Munchlax with the Snorlium is going to be available via Mystery Gift for the first three months after launch, as a reward for people who buy the game early in it's release cycle. They did the same thing with thespecial Speed Boost Torchic on the ORAS launch- I think the only pre-order package was the one time they sold the 200 Potions.

Also, I sure do miss playing Yu-Gi-Oh. I've still got twelve battle-ready decks sitting in a box just on this desk over yonder here. It's a lonely sensation.
Back to top Go down
NinjaKitten
Paranaturalist
NinjaKitten

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon in general    Pokemon in general  - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 26, 2016 3:37 am

Oh, I think I got that Torchic maybe? Maybe not though, now that I think about it.

But on the topic of Torchics, I think Torchic will be one of my favorite pokemon forever. It's the first pokemon I can clearly remember (from the games) and probably my very first starter. <3

(Sorry Mudkip. You're cool, but Torchics are cuter!)

I would play Yu-Gi-Oh, except I'd rather not spend money and also I don't really know the game outside of the basics I "learned" through watching the show. (Which can get pretty fuzzy on the rules sometimes)
Back to top Go down
PretenseAndPoison
Seeing Shades
PretenseAndPoison

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon in general    Pokemon in general  - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 26, 2016 6:55 am

If the show is fuzzy on the rules, mars is fuzzy on being a luscious, jungle-filled ocean world. Hoo boy! To be fair, the series seemed to pick up on its' accuracy from GX onwards.

Trying to choose a favorite pokemon starter out of a generation is always so hard, because I just love all of them out of most gens. I think Johto had the best ones, if I've got to be totally honest- Totodile, Chikorita, and Cyndaquil will always hold a special place in my heart. Catching a Sentret ASAP is mandatory!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon in general    Pokemon in general  - Page 6 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Pokemon in general

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 6 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next