The Activity Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Activity Club

For the fans of Zack Morrison's webcomic Paranatural.

PortalHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Top posters
Erie, Man of Danger
Languages are awesome Vote_lcapLanguages are awesome Voting_barLanguages are awesome Vote_rcap 
Wealthy Lord Asssprite
Languages are awesome Vote_lcapLanguages are awesome Voting_barLanguages are awesome Vote_rcap 
Soroya123
NinjaKitten
Baron Von Aardvark
Spidey
Leo M. R.
W!tch
Westbrook
tylerouzts
Latest topics
» Chapter Seven
Languages are awesome Icon_minitimeSat Mar 20, 2021 10:11 pm by ThePyromaniac

» Hear me out... (BERG theory)
Languages are awesome Icon_minitimeTue Oct 06, 2020 12:32 pm by janusjekyll

» Hello Activity Club
Languages are awesome Icon_minitimeTue Sep 22, 2020 9:07 am by janusjekyll

» Non-specific Greeting
Languages are awesome Icon_minitimeFri Sep 04, 2020 5:05 pm by Westbrook

» (slides in) Good Evening
Languages are awesome Icon_minitimeMon Aug 03, 2020 4:51 pm by Clayview

» I shout into the void
Languages are awesome Icon_minitimeMon Aug 03, 2020 4:49 pm by Clayview

Statistics
We have 325 registered users
The newest registered user is AL

Our users have posted a total of 14282 messages in 355 subjects
March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Languages are awesome

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Tren
New Kid
Tren

Languages are awesome Empty
PostSubject: Languages are awesome   Languages are awesome Icon_minitimeSun Mar 31, 2013 8:32 am

I know you know languages, or why else would you be here?

Which ones do you know? Which ones do you sort of know but not really know?
I'm fluent in English, of course, and I've tortured myself with six years of Latin. Some day I want to learn to read Korean, but that's pretty far off for now.
Back to top Go down
Leo M. R.
Spectral
Leo M. R.

PostSubject: Re: Languages are awesome   Languages are awesome Icon_minitimeSun Mar 31, 2013 8:51 am

I'm a Linguistics undergrad student and I approve of the topic title!

I'm not even from an English-speaking country, so I am fluent in both English (as you can probably guess) and my native language. What that language is, you'll have to correctly deduce my country of origin first! :p

I can read, write, speak, and listen to Arabic, yet most of the time I don't understand the semantics side of it (that is, I don't know the meaning of what I'm reading/writing/speaking/listening to). I am also currently learning basic Welsh, and making satisfactory progress, if I do say so myself. I can read Japanese hiragana and I used to be able to speak very basic Japanese, but not anymore. That's probably it. For now Wink
Back to top Go down
WhoShallRemainNameless
New Kid
WhoShallRemainNameless

PostSubject: Re: Languages are awesome   Languages are awesome Icon_minitimeSun Mar 31, 2013 11:26 am

I speak English, of course, and I speak a fair amount of Spanish. I used to be much better at it. Other than that I know just a few words in Yiddish and Hebrew that I've picked up.
Back to top Go down
http://thedoctorwhorunsalone.tumblr.com
channel07
New Kid
channel07

PostSubject: Re: Languages are awesome   Languages are awesome Icon_minitimeSun Mar 31, 2013 3:18 pm

I think I can consider myself fluent in both English and Portuguese (being the second one my native language). I've being trying to learn French these days, but I'm having a hard time with that. I understand Spanish, but can't write or speak back...and...well...that's it. I might try German later on, but I don't think it's really going to happen.
Back to top Go down
W!tch
Mag!c
W!tch

PostSubject: Re: Languages are awesome   Languages are awesome Icon_minitimeSun Mar 31, 2013 9:19 pm

I speak English, and a good bit of Latin.
Back to top Go down
tylerouzts
Seeing Shades
tylerouzts

PostSubject: Re: Languages are awesome   Languages are awesome Icon_minitimeSun Mar 31, 2013 9:21 pm

I speak English. I took 2.5 years of Latin in High School, I can remember some of it like and I took a year of Japanese so far in college.
Back to top Go down
http://tylerouzts.tumblr.com
Soroya123
Paranaturalist
Soroya123

PostSubject: Re: Languages are awesome   Languages are awesome Icon_minitimeSun Mar 31, 2013 9:30 pm

I'm taking spanish at school (even though I suck at it Sad ) and obviously I speak english.
Back to top Go down
http://soroya123.tumblr.com/
Baron Von Aardvark
Paranaturalist
Baron Von Aardvark

PostSubject: Re: Languages are awesome   Languages are awesome Icon_minitimeMon Apr 01, 2013 1:58 am

I'm fluent in english, I have a good understanding of spanish, and I can speak a fair amount of japanese. I try, but I'm apparently very bad at learning languages as my meager skills in spanish and japanese are all I've picked up from five years of classes between the two.

Oh, and I know a bunch of cusses in sign language. But that's hardly relevant to this intellegent discussion.
Back to top Go down
Erie, Man of Danger
Paranaturalist
Erie, Man of Danger

PostSubject: Re: Languages are awesome   Languages are awesome Icon_minitimeMon Apr 01, 2013 2:37 pm

I speak English, bad English, American, bad American, New Yorkan, Canadian, and Christopher Walken(ian)
Back to top Go down
Lazybones
New Kid
Lazybones

PostSubject: Re: Languages are awesome   Languages are awesome Icon_minitimeSun Sep 28, 2014 5:28 pm

English is my native language, so I speak that. I'm also learning American Sign Language right now
Back to top Go down
ravensong
New Kid

PostSubject: Re: Languages are awesome   Languages are awesome Icon_minitimeMon Sep 29, 2014 10:34 am

I speak english, and kinda spanish, and I am teaching my self german slowly
Back to top Go down
Cosmophant
New Kid
Cosmophant

PostSubject: Re: Languages are awesome   Languages are awesome Icon_minitimeMon Sep 29, 2014 5:19 pm

I speak English, as is only expected from an English undergrad.

I am also learning spanish. My knowledge of other languages is negligible.
Back to top Go down
http://cosmophant.tumblr.com
Westbrook
Spectral
Westbrook

PostSubject: Re: Languages are awesome   Languages are awesome Icon_minitimeSat Mar 07, 2015 3:08 am

I speak English. I learned ~4-5 years of German in school but it's been so long that I only know a smallish subset of that now. I also delved into Japanese a couple of few-month-stints so there's a small understanding there too, but not enough to fend for myself or anything.
Back to top Go down
NinjaKitten
Paranaturalist
NinjaKitten

PostSubject: Re: Languages are awesome   Languages are awesome Icon_minitimeThu Oct 22, 2015 10:16 pm

I speak, read, and write fluently in English. It is also my native language, though I learned Swedish firstish? Grew up with both. I was fluent in Swedish, but it's been rusting since I don't use it as often as I should. Sad Learning Spanish in school right now, and know a little bit of Japanese from watching anime.
Back to top Go down
WorldofValdis
New Kid
WorldofValdis

PostSubject: Re: Languages are awesome   Languages are awesome Icon_minitimeSun Oct 25, 2015 4:35 pm

English is my native language but I spent a year learning Indonesian which I don't really remember much of at all.
Back to top Go down
http://worldofvaldis.tumblr.com
totaldbag
New Kid
totaldbag

PostSubject: Re: Languages are awesome   Languages are awesome Icon_minitimeFri Feb 19, 2016 3:15 pm

Oh man, I absolutely love languages. My main hobby for the past 3 or so years has been conlanging. I actually started a conlang blog a few months ago, but it is on indefinite hiatus.

As much as I love languages, I'm still a mere monoglot. I'm currently working to fix this; I'm currently learning Japanese (I swear on my life that it is not for weeb reasons) and I'm not that fluent atm but getting better.
Back to top Go down
NinjaKitten
Paranaturalist
NinjaKitten

PostSubject: Re: Languages are awesome   Languages are awesome Icon_minitimeFri Feb 19, 2016 4:45 pm

Languages are pretty cool. For a while I only liked English, Swedish, and Japanese, but when I was in my first Spanish class of high school I told myself "hey, you wanted to learn another language and now you are. Be happy about it instead of sulking!" Surprisingly enough, it worked, and I've liked learning languages in general ever since.

I have no idea why I just told that story. Free storytime?
Back to top Go down
Termite
New Kid

PostSubject: Re: Languages are awesome   Languages are awesome Icon_minitimeSun Oct 28, 2018 3:48 pm

I mainly know portuguese fluently,it's my native language,have some very basic understanding of spanish, and I am almost fluent in english mainly because I didn't have any oportunity to try speaking.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Languages are awesome   Languages are awesome Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Languages are awesome

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Activity Club :: Mayview Middle School :: Hall Talk-