The Activity Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Activity Club

For the fans of Zack Morrison's webcomic Paranatural.

PortalHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Top posters
Erie, Man of Danger
THE VAMPIRE SPIRIT THEORY Vote_lcapTHE VAMPIRE SPIRIT THEORY Voting_barTHE VAMPIRE SPIRIT THEORY Vote_rcap 
Wealthy Lord Asssprite
THE VAMPIRE SPIRIT THEORY Vote_lcapTHE VAMPIRE SPIRIT THEORY Voting_barTHE VAMPIRE SPIRIT THEORY Vote_rcap 
Soroya123
NinjaKitten
Baron Von Aardvark
Spidey
Leo M. R.
W!tch
Westbrook
tylerouzts
Latest topics
» Chapter Seven
THE VAMPIRE SPIRIT THEORY Icon_minitimeSat Mar 20, 2021 10:11 pm by ThePyromaniac

» Hear me out... (BERG theory)
THE VAMPIRE SPIRIT THEORY Icon_minitimeTue Oct 06, 2020 12:32 pm by janusjekyll

» Hello Activity Club
THE VAMPIRE SPIRIT THEORY Icon_minitimeTue Sep 22, 2020 9:07 am by janusjekyll

» Non-specific Greeting
THE VAMPIRE SPIRIT THEORY Icon_minitimeFri Sep 04, 2020 5:05 pm by Westbrook

» (slides in) Good Evening
THE VAMPIRE SPIRIT THEORY Icon_minitimeMon Aug 03, 2020 4:51 pm by Clayview

» I shout into the void
THE VAMPIRE SPIRIT THEORY Icon_minitimeMon Aug 03, 2020 4:49 pm by Clayview

Statistics
We have 325 registered users
The newest registered user is AL

Our users have posted a total of 14282 messages in 355 subjects
April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

THE VAMPIRE SPIRIT THEORY

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Connorses
New Kid
Connorses

THE VAMPIRE SPIRIT THEORY Empty
PostSubject: THE VAMPIRE SPIRIT THEORY   THE VAMPIRE SPIRIT THEORY Icon_minitimeTue Oct 22, 2019 4:22 am

OK So I was just thinking that it felt weird to suddenly introduce vampires into Paranatural. Paranatural has it's own mythology, and internal logic. It has established Ghosts, Spirits, and Spectal Energy. It has also established rules which govern these things. But it hadn't established other supernatural things like vampires, so suddenly introducing vampire lore feels weird, but it would feel less weird if there were an explanation that linked it back to the Paranatural-specific lore.

So THIS IS THE THEORY: Cody's dad is a Medium for a Spirit which grants him vampire traits. We know that spirits can lend mediums their powers, and that the Medium gradually looks more like the Spirit over time. So, a Spirit with a big weird chin, fangs, pale skin, aversion to sunlight etc.

In addition, the hook hand could even be a Tool possessed by a Spirit with spatial warping powers. We know that it's possible for one person to control multiple spirits, although it can be difficult to do so. I could see a vampire being able to master such things, and it would bring a much needed explanation to what this new character has been able to do.
Back to top Go down
Westbrook
Spectral
Westbrook

PostSubject: Re: THE VAMPIRE SPIRIT THEORY   THE VAMPIRE SPIRIT THEORY Icon_minitimeSat Oct 26, 2019 10:31 pm

Hijack couldn't possess Cody's dad because Cody's dad wasn't "a living thing", though. I think even a medium would count as someone who's alive.
Back to top Go down
Connorses
New Kid
Connorses

PostSubject: Re: THE VAMPIRE SPIRIT THEORY   THE VAMPIRE SPIRIT THEORY Icon_minitimeSun Oct 27, 2019 1:42 pm

Yeah I'm starting to reconsider my theory more as we get further into the chapter.

to quote the alt-text
"It's vampires all the way down".

I still wonder about the hook hand though. Can the living dead use tools? Would the tool get any Spectral Energy out of it?
Back to top Go down
Termite
New Kid

PostSubject: Re: THE VAMPIRE SPIRIT THEORY   THE VAMPIRE SPIRIT THEORY Icon_minitimeSun Oct 27, 2019 6:10 pm

I'm not sure when, but i heard the term corrupted human being thrown around in the comic, so a monster isn't just a medium spectral, though maybe a spectral and a spirit are the basic matterials for a monster, possibly spirit fusion gone wrong?dunno about the rook tho, seems odly inadequate for a tool related to space warping.All in all interesting teory. And i think there is more to dig before there is an official position.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: THE VAMPIRE SPIRIT THEORY   THE VAMPIRE SPIRIT THEORY Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

THE VAMPIRE SPIRIT THEORY

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1