The Activity Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Activity Club

For the fans of Zack Morrison's webcomic Paranatural.

PortalHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Top posters
Erie, Man of Danger
Sheep: A Game of Q&A Conformity Vote_lcapSheep: A Game of Q&A Conformity Voting_barSheep: A Game of Q&A Conformity Vote_rcap 
Wealthy Lord Asssprite
Sheep: A Game of Q&A Conformity Vote_lcapSheep: A Game of Q&A Conformity Voting_barSheep: A Game of Q&A Conformity Vote_rcap 
Soroya123
NinjaKitten
Baron Von Aardvark
Spidey
Leo M. R.
W!tch
Westbrook
tylerouzts
Latest topics
» Chapter Seven
Sheep: A Game of Q&A Conformity Icon_minitimeSat Mar 20, 2021 10:11 pm by ThePyromaniac

» Hear me out... (BERG theory)
Sheep: A Game of Q&A Conformity Icon_minitimeTue Oct 06, 2020 12:32 pm by janusjekyll

» Hello Activity Club
Sheep: A Game of Q&A Conformity Icon_minitimeTue Sep 22, 2020 9:07 am by janusjekyll

» Non-specific Greeting
Sheep: A Game of Q&A Conformity Icon_minitimeFri Sep 04, 2020 5:05 pm by Westbrook

» (slides in) Good Evening
Sheep: A Game of Q&A Conformity Icon_minitimeMon Aug 03, 2020 4:51 pm by Clayview

» I shout into the void
Sheep: A Game of Q&A Conformity Icon_minitimeMon Aug 03, 2020 4:49 pm by Clayview

Statistics
We have 325 registered users
The newest registered user is AL

Our users have posted a total of 14282 messages in 355 subjects
April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Sheep: A Game of Q&A Conformity

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Ars Nova
New Kid
Ars Nova

Sheep: A Game of Q&A Conformity Empty
PostSubject: Sheep: A Game of Q&A Conformity   Sheep: A Game of Q&A Conformity Icon_minitimeSat Mar 30, 2013 10:45 pm

Simple and light-hearted little game I recently found myself playing on another forum, thought I'd spread the wool.

Here's how this malarkey works: I ask a set of personal questions. (Personal as in addressed to you, not, y'know, TMI.) The object of Sheep is to answer these questions as EVERYONE ELSE would answer them. You wanna try and think of the same answers as the other players, hence the name of the game. For every player (including yourself) who gives the answer you do, you get a point for that question.

A sample question: "What's your favorite color?" If six people said 'purple,' each of them gets six points. If five said 'red,' they each get five points. If one poor creature says 'octarine,' they get the one point.

Detailed results from previous rounds, including final scores & awards, can be found in the spoilers below.
Round 1 Results:
Round 2 Results:

Introducing awards! These are honorary titles bestowed upon those who fulfill special conditions during a game. Just a fun extra to add some replay value; try not to get too competitive over them. A list of awards and their current holders can be found in the spoiler below. The list may change at any time, so keep an eye out.
Awards List:

Currently debating if there will be a round 3. Small rounds can get pretty intense, but they also kind of indicate only marginal interest in the game as a whole. If you want to keep playing, see if you can get more of your friends in on the act!

Also, if you want to play, please post in the thread saying so. This was not mandatory before, but there have been a few mishaps with missing player PMs or expecting PMs from people who aren't playing. I want to be sure who I'm expecting entries from so I can confirm I've received them all.

Last edited by Ars Nova on Fri Apr 19, 2013 10:29 pm; edited 16 times in total
Back to top Go down
Baron Von Aardvark
Paranaturalist
Baron Von Aardvark

PostSubject: Re: Sheep: A Game of Q&A Conformity   Sheep: A Game of Q&A Conformity Icon_minitimeMon Apr 01, 2013 1:32 am

This sounds fun. I'm in. Smile
Back to top Go down
deathpigeon
New Kid
deathpigeon

PostSubject: Re: Sheep: A Game of Q&A Conformity   Sheep: A Game of Q&A Conformity Icon_minitimeMon Apr 01, 2013 9:01 pm

I'm in!
Back to top Go down
http://fromthecourtofmiracles.blogspot.com/
W!tch
Mag!c
W!tch

PostSubject: Re: Sheep: A Game of Q&A Conformity   Sheep: A Game of Q&A Conformity Icon_minitimeTue Apr 02, 2013 12:35 am

Bring it on.
Back to top Go down
Ars Nova
New Kid
Ars Nova

PostSubject: Re: Sheep: A Game of Q&A Conformity   Sheep: A Game of Q&A Conformity Icon_minitimeFri Apr 05, 2013 9:41 pm

Sorry about the delay, folks; just checking on a potential player who hasn't gotten in their answers yet.
Back to top Go down
Ars Nova
New Kid
Ars Nova

PostSubject: Re: Sheep: A Game of Q&A Conformity   Sheep: A Game of Q&A Conformity Icon_minitimeSat Apr 06, 2013 5:43 pm

Arright, let's do dis. A low turnout means a low-scoring round, but it ended up being pretty close, so hopefully the results will entertain.

Listed under the spoilers are your answers and respective scores. As a reminder: You score one point for every person who gives your answer, including yourself; so the minimum score for this round is 10, and the maximum is 50.

1. What is your favorite video game?:

2. Where would you most like to take a vacation?:

3. How many bones in your body have you broken?:

4. Favorite Paranatural character?:

5. What superpower would you want the most?:

6. What's the worst nightmare you've ever had?:

7. Finish this sentence:

8. What do you do when your internet is down?:

9. A wizard makes you see everything in 16-bit. What do you do?:

10. What is your favorite season?:

Final Scores & Awards:

And with that, round 1 has ended. It'll take some time to compose questions for round 2, so feel free to discuss the results. Make sure to post here if you're interested in playing again (or for the first time). Helps me gauge interest in the game and figure out if it's worth making up a round 2 or not.

Concerning the awards, those are just something I cooked up on short notice to make things more interesting. Think of them as achievements. I'll keep track of who wins what in the OP, and I may compose a list of anything I can think of and add that to the OP as well. If you have ideas for awards, feel free to post them here for consideration.

The OP should be updated with round 1 results and awards soon, so keep an eye out!

Last edited by Ars Nova on Fri Apr 19, 2013 6:27 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
Leo M. R.
Spectral
Leo M. R.

PostSubject: Re: Sheep: A Game of Q&A Conformity   Sheep: A Game of Q&A Conformity Icon_minitimeSat Apr 06, 2013 5:47 pm

Interesting... So now that I've seen how this plays out, count me in for Round 2!
Back to top Go down
W!tch
Mag!c
W!tch

PostSubject: Re: Sheep: A Game of Q&A Conformity   Sheep: A Game of Q&A Conformity Icon_minitimeSat Apr 06, 2013 7:42 pm

Woohoo, I won. I am the master of the sheep and you are all my sheep minions bow down before me.
Back to top Go down
Vuanaunt
New Kid
Vuanaunt

PostSubject: Re: Sheep: A Game of Q&A Conformity   Sheep: A Game of Q&A Conformity Icon_minitimeSat Apr 06, 2013 7:52 pm

As the best sheep, don't you have to follow our orders?

Hey W!tch, gimme five dollars. I do declare!
Back to top Go down
W!tch
Mag!c
W!tch

PostSubject: Re: Sheep: A Game of Q&A Conformity   Sheep: A Game of Q&A Conformity Icon_minitimeSat Apr 06, 2013 8:02 pm

I am the shepherd.
Back to top Go down
Baron Von Aardvark
Paranaturalist
Baron Von Aardvark

PostSubject: Re: Sheep: A Game of Q&A Conformity   Sheep: A Game of Q&A Conformity Icon_minitimeSat Apr 06, 2013 10:50 pm

I'd definitely play again given the chance.
Also I really didn't expect second place, why are all you people so weird god. tongue
Oh, and look, I would have tied for first if I had noticed your PM about my missing answer earlier. that'll teach me to not log in for three days.
Back to top Go down
Wealthy Lord Asssprite
Paranaturalist
Wealthy Lord Asssprite

PostSubject: Re: Sheep: A Game of Q&A Conformity   Sheep: A Game of Q&A Conformity Icon_minitimeMon Apr 08, 2013 10:13 am

I'm in for another round, yeah. I was darn close this time.
Back to top Go down
Ars Nova
New Kid
Ars Nova

PostSubject: Re: Sheep: A Game of Q&A Conformity   Sheep: A Game of Q&A Conformity Icon_minitimeThu Apr 11, 2013 6:05 pm

Round 2 is beginning. Here's your new batch of questions:

1. What's your second favorite video game?
  2. What's your favorite movie?
  3. How many pets do you have?
  4. I'm thinking of a number between 1 and 10. What is it?
  5. If you were in an RPG, what class would you be?
  6. What did you have for breakfast this morning?
  7. Finish this sentence: "That's the last time I'll ever _____."
  8. What's your favorite color?
  9. Your brain has been transplanted into a dog. What do you do?
  10. Earth, Air, Fire, Water. Which is the best element?

If you want to play, PM me your answers by Thursday, April 18th. Make sure you don't post them in the thread. Anybody can jump in within that time period, even if you haven't posted here previously. And remember, answer the questions as you think others would! You don't have to be honest, even if the question wants an opinion or appears to be addressed to you.
Back to top Go down
Ars Nova
New Kid
Ars Nova

PostSubject: Re: Sheep: A Game of Q&A Conformity   Sheep: A Game of Q&A Conformity Icon_minitimeWed Apr 17, 2013 11:24 pm

Looks like I only have three sets of answers so far. Anyone else want to play? If so, your deadline is dangerously close! Might ought to put a rush on that.
Back to top Go down
Ars Nova
New Kid
Ars Nova

PostSubject: Re: Sheep: A Game of Q&A Conformity   Sheep: A Game of Q&A Conformity Icon_minitimeFri Apr 19, 2013 6:30 pm

Hm... Well, we only have four players this round, so it's another low-scorer. Ah well, let's see what we all churned out...

As usual, the minimum score is 10, and with four players the maximum is 40.

1. What's your second favorite video game?:

2. What's your favorite movie?:

3. How many pets do you have?:

4. I'm thinking of a number between 1 and 10. What is it?:

5. If you were in an RPG, what class would you be?:

6. What did you have for breakfast this morning?:

7. Finish this sentence:

8. What's your favorite color?:

9. Your brain has been transplanted into a dog. What do you do?:

10. Earth, Air, Fire, Water. Which is the best element?:

Final Scores & Awards:

Another close game. Well done, players! Results & awards should be added to the OP shortly. And I haven't mentioned this before, but please let me know if you spot a mis-count or if your math adds up differently; wouldn't want to cheat somebody out of their hard-earned shepherd's crook.

I'll have to think about whether there'll be a third round. Was really hoping more people would be participating right now... If you want to be helpful, see if you can convince your friends to join in the fun.
Back to top Go down
Wealthy Lord Asssprite
Paranaturalist
Wealthy Lord Asssprite

PostSubject: Re: Sheep: A Game of Q&A Conformity   Sheep: A Game of Q&A Conformity Icon_minitimeFri Apr 19, 2013 7:18 pm

I was certain I sent an entry, so this is a surprise to me.
Back to top Go down
Leo M. R.
Spectral
Leo M. R.

PostSubject: Re: Sheep: A Game of Q&A Conformity   Sheep: A Game of Q&A Conformity Icon_minitimeFri Apr 19, 2013 8:46 pm

Dammit, I didn't think of urinating as a dog! Oh well, it was fun! Well played, tylerouzts! You make a fine rival, you!

In other news, I will promote this game in the LPP thread, which is one of the (if not the) busiest threads in the forums! Very Happy

By the way, ArsNova, I think maybe you should send a reply PM to everyone who sends you their entry, just to let them know you've received it. If that's not too much hassle for you, of course.
Back to top Go down
Ars Nova
New Kid
Ars Nova

PostSubject: Re: Sheep: A Game of Q&A Conformity   Sheep: A Game of Q&A Conformity Icon_minitimeFri Apr 19, 2013 10:27 pm

Asssprite wrote:
I was certain I sent an entry, so this is a surprise to me.

Oh shit. I guess it didn't go through, because I don't see it in my inbox. Sorry dude! How did that happen...

Leo M. R. wrote:
Dammit, I didn't think of urinating as a dog! Oh well, it was fun! Well played, tylerouzts! You make a fine rival, you!

In other news, I will promote this game in the LPP thread, which is one of the (if not the) busiest threads in the forums! Very Happy

By the way, ArsNova, I think maybe you should send a reply PM to everyone who sends you their entry, just to let them know you've received it. If that's not too much hassle for you, of course.

Yeah, y'know, that's probably a good idea. I'll make that official policy from here on out. But that will depend on people posting in the thread so I know to expect a PM from them, so I guess I need to make that a requirement. I'll update the OP shortly.

Let's say if we can get 6-7 players minimum, I'll work on a third round.
Back to top Go down
Wealthy Lord Asssprite
Paranaturalist
Wealthy Lord Asssprite

PostSubject: Re: Sheep: A Game of Q&A Conformity   Sheep: A Game of Q&A Conformity Icon_minitimeFri Apr 19, 2013 10:52 pm

Im in, of course.
Back to top Go down
W!tch
Mag!c
W!tch

PostSubject: Re: Sheep: A Game of Q&A Conformity   Sheep: A Game of Q&A Conformity Icon_minitimeSat Apr 20, 2013 12:32 am

I'm obviously in. Two time winner represent!
Back to top Go down
tylerouzts
Seeing Shades
tylerouzts

PostSubject: Re: Sheep: A Game of Q&A Conformity   Sheep: A Game of Q&A Conformity Icon_minitimeSat Apr 20, 2013 1:21 am

Lol me and W!tch had the most in common that round tongue
and yes I'll do a third round.
Back to top Go down
http://tylerouzts.tumblr.com
Baron Von Aardvark
Paranaturalist
Baron Von Aardvark

PostSubject: Re: Sheep: A Game of Q&A Conformity   Sheep: A Game of Q&A Conformity Icon_minitimeSat Apr 20, 2013 1:52 am

I'm in for a round three, definitely.
Back to top Go down
Leo M. R.
Spectral
Leo M. R.

PostSubject: Re: Sheep: A Game of Q&A Conformity   Sheep: A Game of Q&A Conformity Icon_minitimeSat Apr 20, 2013 2:34 am

And so am I, naturally!
Back to top Go down
thespoonmaster
New Kid
thespoonmaster

PostSubject: Re: Sheep: A Game of Q&A Conformity   Sheep: A Game of Q&A Conformity Icon_minitimeThu May 02, 2013 3:02 pm

i will try it out!
Back to top Go down
Leo M. R.
Spectral
Leo M. R.

PostSubject: Re: Sheep: A Game of Q&A Conformity   Sheep: A Game of Q&A Conformity Icon_minitimeThu May 02, 2013 3:09 pm

That's already 6 people, ArsNova! Game on? I do declare!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sheep: A Game of Q&A Conformity   Sheep: A Game of Q&A Conformity Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Sheep: A Game of Q&A Conformity

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next