The Activity Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Activity Club

For the fans of Zack Morrison's webcomic Paranatural.

PortalHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Top posters
Erie, Man of Danger
Spectral Animals Vote_lcapSpectral Animals Voting_barSpectral Animals Vote_rcap 
Wealthy Lord Asssprite
Soroya123
NinjaKitten
Baron Von Aardvark
Spidey
Leo M. R.
W!tch
Westbrook
tylerouzts
Latest topics
» Chapter Seven
Spectral Animals Icon_minitimeSat Mar 20, 2021 10:11 pm by ThePyromaniac

» Hear me out... (BERG theory)
Spectral Animals Icon_minitimeTue Oct 06, 2020 12:32 pm by janusjekyll

» Hello Activity Club
Spectral Animals Icon_minitimeTue Sep 22, 2020 9:07 am by janusjekyll

» Non-specific Greeting
Spectral Animals Icon_minitimeFri Sep 04, 2020 5:05 pm by Westbrook

» (slides in) Good Evening
Spectral Animals Icon_minitimeMon Aug 03, 2020 4:51 pm by Clayview

» I shout into the void
Spectral Animals Icon_minitimeMon Aug 03, 2020 4:49 pm by Clayview

Statistics
We have 325 registered users
The newest registered user is AL

Our users have posted a total of 14282 messages in 355 subjects
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Spectral Animals

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Parallegience
New Kid
Parallegience

Spectral Animals Empty
PostSubject: Spectral Animals   Spectral Animals Icon_minitimeFri Apr 12, 2013 6:18 pm

What do you think would happen if a spirit were to possess an animal? Would it be a spectral but an animal instead of a human? Would a spirit even possess an animal? It's been hinted at that there may be more than ghosts and spirits "monsters" so maybe a possessed animal will be something totally new.
Back to top Go down
Leo M. R.
Spectral
Leo M. R.

Spectral Animals Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spectral Animals   Spectral Animals Icon_minitimeFri Apr 12, 2013 6:37 pm

That's an interesting thought... First things first, though: do animals even give off spectral energy like humans do? If they don't, then there would be absolutely no point for a spirit to possess an animal.
Back to top Go down
Paranaturist
New Kid
Paranaturist

Spectral Animals Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spectral Animals   Spectral Animals Icon_minitimeFri Apr 12, 2013 7:05 pm

Spirits can, over time, convert a non-spectral human into a spectral of their energy by possessing them. Not impossible to extrapolate that to animals.
Back to top Go down
Parallegience
New Kid
Parallegience

Spectral Animals Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spectral Animals   Spectral Animals Icon_minitimeFri Apr 12, 2013 7:18 pm

Leo M. R. wrote:
That's an interesting thought... First things first, though: do animals even give off spectral energy like humans do? If they don't, then there would be absolutely no point for a spirit to possess an animal.

If a spirit possesses a non-spectral it will turn the person into a spectral with energy of the same color as the spirit. I guess that would happen with animals as well.
Back to top Go down
Erie, Man of Danger
Paranaturalist
Erie, Man of Danger

Spectral Animals Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spectral Animals   Spectral Animals Icon_minitimeFri Apr 12, 2013 10:07 pm

Point to theory: animals can have ghosts which means that they can possess spirit energy, at least in death.

I probably say though that they are probably the last choice for a spirit if it is possible because spectrals seemed to produce more energy (gas at least) in strong emotional states. Animals generally do not have the same range as humans, so it mght take much longer to recover in an animal.
Back to top Go down
Baron Von Aardvark
Paranaturalist
Baron Von Aardvark

Spectral Animals Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spectral Animals   Spectral Animals Icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2013 1:29 am

I'd believe it's possible. After all, it makes at least as much sense as this guy:
Spoiler:
So while I doubt such a thing will come up in the comic itself, from a fanon point of view it seems entirely feasible to me.
Back to top Go down
Erie, Man of Danger
Paranaturalist
Erie, Man of Danger

Spectral Animals Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spectral Animals   Spectral Animals Icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2013 2:03 am

I have done the most rational thing, I asked. Much better than beating around the bush. Zack usually is pretty good with responding and probably will at least say if the issue will be addressed in comic.

Edit: I gots an answer.

I asked "Can animals become mediums/ develop spectral powers and/or will the subject be touched upon in the comic?"

Zack answered "Yes"

Take that as you will. Not a full confirmation, but something to look for.
Back to top Go down
Ars Nova
New Kid
Ars Nova

Spectral Animals Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spectral Animals   Spectral Animals Icon_minitimeMon Apr 15, 2013 1:41 am

To follow up on my reference in the comments...

Spectral Animals 6OGtWMq

Coming soon to a comic near you(?)
Back to top Go down
ElHuesudoII
New Kid

Spectral Animals Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spectral Animals   Spectral Animals Icon_minitimeTue Apr 23, 2013 1:04 pm

Zack did say that spectral animals is a thing that will be addressed in the future, and on Dan's stream last night he mentioned that one of the new characters coming up soon in the comic will be a dog (he proposed "Special" as the dog's name).

I guess we don't need to be rocket scientists to know what will make this dog to be...

...special.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Spectral Animals Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spectral Animals   Spectral Animals Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Spectral Animals

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1