The Activity Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Activity Club

For the fans of Zack Morrison's webcomic Paranatural.

PortalHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Top posters
Erie, Man of Danger
Hear me out... (BERG theory) Vote_lcapHear me out... (BERG theory) Voting_barHear me out... (BERG theory) Vote_rcap 
Wealthy Lord Asssprite
Hear me out... (BERG theory) Vote_lcapHear me out... (BERG theory) Voting_barHear me out... (BERG theory) Vote_rcap 
Soroya123
NinjaKitten
Baron Von Aardvark
Spidey
Leo M. R.
W!tch
Westbrook
tylerouzts
Latest topics
» Chapter Seven
Hear me out... (BERG theory) Icon_minitimeSat Mar 20, 2021 10:11 pm by ThePyromaniac

» Hear me out... (BERG theory)
Hear me out... (BERG theory) Icon_minitimeTue Oct 06, 2020 12:32 pm by janusjekyll

» Hello Activity Club
Hear me out... (BERG theory) Icon_minitimeTue Sep 22, 2020 9:07 am by janusjekyll

» Non-specific Greeting
Hear me out... (BERG theory) Icon_minitimeFri Sep 04, 2020 5:05 pm by Westbrook

» (slides in) Good Evening
Hear me out... (BERG theory) Icon_minitimeMon Aug 03, 2020 4:51 pm by Clayview

» I shout into the void
Hear me out... (BERG theory) Icon_minitimeMon Aug 03, 2020 4:49 pm by Clayview

Statistics
We have 325 registered users
The newest registered user is AL

Our users have posted a total of 14282 messages in 355 subjects
April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Hear me out... (BERG theory)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
janusjekyll
New Kid

Hear me out... (BERG theory) Empty
PostSubject: Hear me out... (BERG theory)   Hear me out... (BERG theory) Icon_minitimeTue Oct 06, 2020 12:32 pm

I was thinking about what's possessing Max yesterday, and somewhere along this tangential train of thought, my brain was like, "What if Max was possessed by the ghost of Davey Jones?"

First off, I was thinking about how Max might be possessed by a ghost, not a spirit. So far, we have no example in the comic for if ghosts can posses people, but as far as I know, there's no reason they wouldn't be able to except for the fact that if a spectral is using a spirit it could eat the ghost. Therefore, a ghost that could posses someone would need to be powerful. Secondly, Boss Leader can see the forms of spirits with mental links to people within their room in the dreamscape. She was unable to find anything else besides Scrapdragon in Max's room, but she did look based on "instincts." Maybe ghosts interact differently with her power, allowing them to stay hidden. Max also never sees anything else when pulled into a spirit trance with Scrapdragon, despite the fact that something else is obviously possessing him. Perhaps ghosts don't show up in "spirit" trances either. We know that multiple spirits can show up in the same spirit trance because of Mr. Spender. Thirdly, for the ghost theory, we know that spirits can't pass in and out of the barrier for Mayview, but ghosts can. With the timing of Max beginning to see shades, it is possible that he was possessed before entering Mayview. It is still unclear whether Forge could use Johnny to pass through the barrier because he was only partway through, or if KOed spirits in some way don't "count" if they possess someone who isn't a Spectral yet. If ghosts can pass through the barrier anyway, a ghost might have a different motive for possessing someone. Or, perhaps, ghosts of Spectrals still can't pass through the barrier.

Why Davey Jones?

He is a vampire, a "corrupted human," who "used to be a Spectral," but is now functionally dead. Spectrals are humans who have produced a ghost before they died. Therefore, becoming "undead" would probably separate that ghost from the human, splitting them in two. The thing possessing Max was described as a "broken god." Davey Jones has been shown to be powerful, and in power. He's plotting something that probably isn't good, and seems to have beef with something also implied to be a powerful entity, the "Witch." He is of the opinion that the entire town of Mayview is "his." Another thing: his energy color is greyish. Is that a diluted form of black, his possible spectral energy color, now that his ghost is unattached to his body? If so, that would match Max's color, and since you can become a spectral from "exposure to the supernatural," Davey's ghost could provide the source for Max's spectral energy color by possessing him. Something that could possibly be important: Davey Jones definitely has a sense of humor, something the thing possessing Max said he "didn't get [in whatever split that occurred to make it "broken"].

"Davy Jones" is the name of a pirate legend, you might know from Pirates of the Caribbean. One source claims that Davy Jones "perches in the rigging on the eve of a hurricane." We know that some catastrophic event occurred in Mayview in the past called the Maelstrom, and that something catastrophic is going to happen again "by the summer's end." Is Davey Jones involved in one or both of these events? The Doorman recognizes the thing possessing Max, and mentions it has "returned," so it was definitely involved in something in the past.

I may be way off base, but I just wanted to share my thoughts. Feel free to correct something I got wrong, or post a counterpoint to my argument.
Back to top Go down

Hear me out... (BERG theory)

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1