The Activity Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Activity Club

For the fans of Zack Morrison's webcomic Paranatural.

PortalHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Top posters
Erie, Man of Danger
Sandboxing Supers - Page 2 Vote_lcapSandboxing Supers - Page 2 Voting_barSandboxing Supers - Page 2 Vote_rcap 
Wealthy Lord Asssprite
Sandboxing Supers - Page 2 Vote_lcapSandboxing Supers - Page 2 Voting_barSandboxing Supers - Page 2 Vote_rcap 
Soroya123
NinjaKitten
Baron Von Aardvark
Spidey
Leo M. R.
W!tch
Westbrook
tylerouzts
Latest topics
» Chapter Seven
Sandboxing Supers - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 20, 2021 10:11 pm by ThePyromaniac

» Hear me out... (BERG theory)
Sandboxing Supers - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 06, 2020 12:32 pm by janusjekyll

» Hello Activity Club
Sandboxing Supers - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 22, 2020 9:07 am by janusjekyll

» Non-specific Greeting
Sandboxing Supers - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 04, 2020 5:05 pm by Westbrook

» (slides in) Good Evening
Sandboxing Supers - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 03, 2020 4:51 pm by Clayview

» I shout into the void
Sandboxing Supers - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 03, 2020 4:49 pm by Clayview

Statistics
We have 325 registered users
The newest registered user is AL

Our users have posted a total of 14282 messages in 355 subjects
April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Sandboxing Supers

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Spidey
Spectral
Spidey

Sandboxing Supers - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sandboxing Supers   Sandboxing Supers - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 09, 2014 8:51 pm

Give them the option of wearing whatever they wamt, if we are going for realistic, which is what id prefer, with a slightly happy undertone? then let em weat whater, if they wanna wear gimp like the motherfucker from kickass2 then let em I say !
Back to top Go down
Erie, Man of Danger
Paranaturalist
Erie, Man of Danger

PostSubject: Re: Sandboxing Supers   Sandboxing Supers - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 09, 2014 9:23 pm

Quote :
3. That's a little specific plot point that could happen, I'm more curious on what is too much for you. What would you consider to be going to far?

As for numero 4, how does everyone else feel about that, that costumes aren't necessary for superheroes? Do you mind having characters run around Watchdog or Punisher style, street clothes and all, or are some of ya more rooting for costumes?

In truth, my take is that I utmost prefer costumes. I think it gives them a more heroic feel, creates more of a distinct identity. It gives them a more comic book feel. I don't mind duller, more subdued colors like Hawkeye and Black Widow in the Avengers movie, but I do really like having the heroes look distinct rather then having this guy. http://www.cosplayhouse.com/images/D/Watch-Dogs-Aiden-Pearce-Coat-Cosplay-Costume-Version-01-3.jpg

And as much as I love the inFamous series, I still would have really liked some costumes or some unique wear. Thats my two cents into the issue.
Back to top Go down
Erie, Man of Danger
Paranaturalist
Erie, Man of Danger

PostSubject: Re: Sandboxing Supers   Sandboxing Supers - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 09, 2014 9:31 pm

In any case, I think its a good idea overall to say if we want costumes or no costumes, because I think a mix of the two classes with the universe logic. And a clash with over all feel.
Back to top Go down
Baron Von Aardvark
Paranaturalist
Baron Von Aardvark

PostSubject: Re: Sandboxing Supers   Sandboxing Supers - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 09, 2014 10:22 pm

A good 90-95% of heroes wear distinctive costumes; some do it for disguise, some do it for practicality, and some just do it for style. That's my take on it, anyways.
Back to top Go down
Spidey
Spectral
Spidey

PostSubject: Re: Sandboxing Supers   Sandboxing Supers - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 10, 2014 1:14 pm

When I said realistic allow me to clarify

If you want to talk about actual people

you are going to have someone who says "Costumes are dumb, im not wearing those, but they might wear a hoodie or something.

You are going to have those who are either geeky or fanboys, or something, or just really into it and go all out.

Then youll have the people who role like the punisher and people know who they are, but are still in costum

Finally you got people like Cole, who just rock street clothes while they do what they do.
Back to top Go down
Erie, Man of Danger
Paranaturalist
Erie, Man of Danger

PostSubject: Re: Sandboxing Supers   Sandboxing Supers - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 10, 2014 1:32 pm

Depends on world, and like I said before, not a fan of no costumes and I really don't like going half way on this.

Anyways, that world be realistic in our world, and not necessarily in another. In the world like Tiger and Bunny, heroes outside of costumes would either be laughed at or automatically considered a villain or a vigilante and be arrested. To that universe, the costume makes sense.

In any case, I'm not a fan of having mixing of costumes and no costumes, because it makes those who do wear costumes the nutjobs. Like I said, it clashes with each other, and I already said I'm not a fan of no costumes.

I'm fine with Von's statistic saying that a vast majority go into the Super business be rocking the costume, and those that just try the hoodie or street clothes to be the very very small minority and not a player character.

This is really a yes or no answer in the end, because in between/both makes no sense to me.
Back to top Go down
Erie, Man of Danger
Paranaturalist
Erie, Man of Danger

PostSubject: Re: Sandboxing Supers   Sandboxing Supers - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 11, 2014 6:04 pm

Though I have not heard from Wootius in a while, he did bring up a good point. (I do hope he does return or someone else joins to finish the final slot)

Here's the last Questions to Part 1, because I am tired of waiting in truth.

8. Wootius mentioned he really wanted some kind of organization or some such that gave accountability to superheroes, meaning if they accidentally squash a civilian, or throw a bus full of Nun's to stop a baddie, someones got their number, (possibly their real name) and will take them in or in some cases protect them in court/fight them in court.

I want to know how y'all feel about this idea. Do you like it? Or are you against it and want heroes not to be accountable, essential vigilantes, meaning you really can't sue them because they are not going to court and you don't have an avenue to sue them. This doesn't mean that someone isn't going to take them down for throwing a bus full of nuns, but it does mean if they throw that bus and quit being a superhero, he probably won't get caught.

I also would like to know what form of oversight you would like or any ideas of an oversighting organization, whether you like the idea or not, just to put your input in if ya have to compromise.

This oversight can take several forms and I have seen it down through:

Sponsorship: companies sponsoring the supers, essential the supers jobs are being supers, they get paid, are protected in lawsuits by, and have a company or companies backing there heroics publicly. The downside is that supers then have bosses, and might have to shoot commercials and publicity stunts as well and risk being fired, though those all can lead to interesting story lines

Government Registered: THis means your super is registered with the government, sorta like a liscense. An extreme version of this is that you work for the government directly and the not so extreme is you got an organization like SHIELD who probably figured it out a long time ago and left you a warning if you go to far. I personally prefer the middle road, where you are just registered, may get some assignments from the government, but mostly work on your own, which is what the Incredibles did.

Superhero Union: Supers across the globe have formed a union to protect their rights in a court of law. This is the most lenient, and possibly funny of the three I have seen, used in a lot of comedy supers settings, though I can see it done straight. It means supers fight to protect their rights of anonymity and to serve street justice. If you go off the deep edge here, its more likely you'll just lose your protection and rights in a court of law, and possibly having supers come after you to bring you to justice, but like a normal vigilante setting, they probably won't know your real name.

Note: None of these restrict a Sort of Justice League or Avengers, including a straight Vigilante setting, nor does a superhero team count. The union of supers would be just that, a union, not a true team.

9. What level would our supers be?

Pulp-Heroes: These are guys are supernormal, the fantastic, and just over the human level. These guys generally protect more then they can chew, possibly the world even though they are barley super human. Note: The whole setting would take a down power level due to the nature of their strengths, essentially leaving normies, pulp-heroes, and the the scary few who are a step beyond.
(Examples: Doc Savage, the Shadow, The Rocketeer)

Street Level: Do you want them to deal with street justice? Take out gangs, protect the little guys? These guys usual protect their neck of the woods, and occasionally the city. A team would typically protect a large city. (examples: Luke Cage, Dare-Devil, Spider-Man, Most individual X-men)

4-colored heroes: These are the big leaguers for most heroes, these guys typically protect a there own city in there original comics, and are pretty powerful. In team-ups, that's when they save their country, and possibily the world. (Examples: The Flash, Batman, Shazaam)

Note: If its easier to think of them as class levels, Pulp heroes would be a Class D super, Street Level would be a Class-C super, 4-colors would be Class-B. Class-A supers, the Heavy hitters (Superman, The Sentry) are not available (reserved for the big bad villain). Class-S, the highest tier, are essentially gods, are right out, except as cosmic threats.

I personally am very fond of Street-level heroes, and personally allows us to build or work on one city which we can make our own in part 2. Higher tiers lose that personalization a lot I have found.

10. This is da final Question for part 1. What would you like to see or have happen in the campaign? This can be a person, "I want my character to find a love interest" to "I want giant robots!" What would make you personally interested if it was in the campaign?
Back to top Go down
Baron Von Aardvark
Paranaturalist
Baron Von Aardvark

PostSubject: Re: Sandboxing Supers   Sandboxing Supers - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 11, 2014 7:04 pm

8. Not a fan of this unless it's Superhero Union. I'd actually prefer having a Superhero union, though, since it allows for more interaction with other heroes and I do want us to be accountable.

9. I'm fond of 4-colored, but Street-level is a very close second. Either of those is fine with me.

10. The number 1 thing for me is good villains. What drives me the most is knowing specifically who the bad guy we're going after is, and having a personal bone to pick with them. I like villains that get in the heroes faces and make themselves hateable.
Back to top Go down
Spidey
Spectral
Spidey

PostSubject: Re: Sandboxing Supers   Sandboxing Supers - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 12, 2014 10:56 pm

1. Superhero union, I think life would just be less complicated for everyone if they were an unknown vigilante, this also leaves rooms for doplegangers, unmasking, even friends not knowing they know each other misunderstandings etc etc its my cup of tea, not againts the govt. But I dont think the character i made would go for it.

2. Mine is literally a parody of spiderman, I crwated him with being street level in mind.not to mention, street level seems balanced enough to have the really physically fit and super human.

3. Villains, specifically for my character, a joker esque character he can be attracted to, and maybe vice versa, ive seen the wholemblack cat cat woman thing n thats cool, but a dynamic between a hero and a sadistic villain that is a sort of, " wow, I dont know whether she wants to kill him or make him her own." I saw it done well once, she made him hate her but kept trying to seduce him and sometimes would come really close to killing him, its an odd dynamic that I like.

being more broad, villains, specifically, maybe a evilmjustice league or something,  something to really give the heroes a run for their money, maybe even a villain like lex whom they cant simply just punch into submission but have to outsmart in order to beat.
Back to top Go down
Erie, Man of Danger
Paranaturalist
Erie, Man of Danger

PostSubject: Re: Sandboxing Supers   Sandboxing Supers - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 12, 2014 11:09 pm

Spider, note that you'll not necessarily going to be using Reptile in this campaign. Reptile is totes a character in Super Mocha cafe, but this is sandboxing for a full and so far, moving away from Super Mocha. I not saying this to disappoint you, but I have said the character creation won't necessarily be using Super Mocha Cafe before.

The character creation I am planning is that everyone interested will be putting forth about three character concepts (not full characters, more like outlines) Which  we will discuss, and ask questions about in the first real session, and then everyone else will give their picks on the character of yours they are most interested in. Just giving you the heads up.

I would like ya to refrain from over thinking character ideas till after part 2: which is world details, so the characters can fit the world better.

That being said,

Question 10 is less about the villains ya want in the campaign, and more what you want to see in the campaign, it doesn't have to be about the villains, in fact it can have nothing to do with villains. Its more like a wishlist item you would like to happen or see. Von wants a villain to be up in your face, which is a good wish, but so you know, it doesn't have to be about villains. it can be "I want an alien invasion", or "I want a nuclear threat".

All in All, Spider, you still got  Questions 5-7 to answer
Back to top Go down
Spidey
Spectral
Spidey

PostSubject: Re: Sandboxing Supers   Sandboxing Supers - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 12, 2014 11:21 pm

Oooh, I thought this would shape smc, I was confused, any rate

to answer those questions, I honestly seriously like costumes, but feel that removing the option to not have one at all feels heavy handed,. If the option to ask for both is truly gone, then my opinion is honestly that some who are more into the hero thing wear what they want, bright colors, spandex etc, while some are more reserved

and all I really want is villains, maybe a visit to, or an attack from a world like the earth 2 of dc, where everyone is the same but evil
Back to top Go down
Erie, Man of Danger
Paranaturalist
Erie, Man of Danger

PostSubject: Re: Sandboxing Supers   Sandboxing Supers - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 12, 2014 11:26 pm

I don't mind reserved and bright costume in the same setting, I just don't picture no costumes and costumes working in the same setting.

Anywho, I mean these questions:

Quote :
5. What are the acceptable origins for supers? There are 4 main ones, technological (getting powers from some form of technology, either making it themselves or coming across it, they are getting their powers from some sort of device.

examples: Doctor Octopus, Rhino, Iron Man,)

Magic (Either a mage themselves or mystic artifact imbued them with powers, are a magic being or they wield a mystical artifact)

examples: Doctor Strange, Zatanna, Wonder Woman, Helboy)

Or Mutation (Chemicals, just born that way, freak accident of science)

examples: Any X-men, the Flash, Spiderman

And lastly Aliens (Given alien artifact/technology, given powers by aliens, or is an alien

examples: Power Pact, Martian Manhunter, Blue Beetle, Star Lord)

A follow-up question is how common are supers?

6. How do people feel about supers? Hate them, love them, case by case? This question is split up into

General populace (common folk)

Law enforcement

The Media

The government

Each would have a different viewpoint/perspective. Spiderman is the classic case of this, common fold and law enforcement generally love him, but the media and the government are not so crazy about him.

7. I want you guys to put these following campaign settings into a following wat you like the most to what you like the least, and give some pro's and con's to each setting.

General Heroes: These are the heroes by day, the guys who dress-up to save people from fires, natural disasters, stop super-villains from wrecking cities, and maybe even save a couple of kittens. This is the classic hero setting, Some my choose to fight crime by night, but what they are facing are thugs, crooks, robbers, and other night time supervillains after world domination and money. These characters are more or less adults, and any problems they face outside of heroing will be adult problems
Think Superman, Batman, Iron Man, most main stream heroes.

Teen heroes: These are the squires, the trainees, the second tier. They may fight the same types of foes as general heroes, but they have to deal with teenage problems too. Often underestimated, and more often then not weaker, if only due to inexperience, these heroes are the ones that are trying to establish themselves, learn from their peers, and get a date for the junior prom.
Think: Teen Titans, Young Justice, Power Pack

The Supernaturals: These are the heroes that face what bumps in the night, the darkest, the hidden evil, the supernatural threats that threaten the end of days and the mad science monstocities. These guys powers often come from just as dark or twisted sources and the creatures they face, but they rise above it to save people who often would brand them as a monster otherwise.
Think: Hellboy, Doctor Strange, Supernatural

Or can also add a general idea, giving pros and cons to it.
Back to top Go down
Spidey
Spectral
Spidey

PostSubject: Re: Sandboxing Supers   Sandboxing Supers - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 13, 2014 12:15 am

5. Yes to all, diversitymin the world of supers creates a more interesting plot and subplot.

Common folk responses are mixed at best in general, the individual may prefer one over another but commonly hold disdain for all superman types, who cause so much destruction saving a city some say theyd have been better off at the mercy of the villain whereas with your everyday crimefighter wo may fly but mainly fightsmcrooks, they are more publicly loved.
Law enforcement and emergency services generally appreciate the help as it could result in alot of deaths of civilians and law enforcement alike otherwise.

The media loves using supsrs in both negative and positive ways, some would try and make a hero amposter boy, while othersnare tabloids and slander them, then you habe the ones who call for them to be rounded up and locked away forever.

The government is none too fond of the heroes, always having to clean up their messes and pay for all the destruction, so kuch so theyve had to assign an entire unitmjust for hero insurance and rebuilding destroyed areas.

General Heroes 1 pros, can include teens and just about anything else while also keeping the theme together, has enough in it for everyone to get involved, is not limited mto ny one thing.

cons: mleast dynamic type of story, may require more work to entertain some, or include some characters.

Teen2 pros; provides a common ground everyone can relate to, characters have easilly identifyable problems, tend to have more personality and wit in their character than adults when written well.

cons: subject to teen drama, typically the story becomes less serious and certain things just cant happen in a teen story. Lack the ability to produce certain mature stories older rpers would be interested in having.

Supernatural 3. Pros, unique mstory, different villains as opposed to common kinds, Stranger and odder, less done stories.

cons: removes an element of superhero and tends to focus little too much on aliens or Magic to include everyone. Science tends to be left out, and with it, mutants and device users. May turn any science types into defacto ghost busters, limits range of heroism drastically, may over emphasize science, may under emphasize magic, too narrow, but should be incorporated.
Back to top Go down
Erie, Man of Danger
Paranaturalist
Erie, Man of Danger

PostSubject: Re: Sandboxing Supers   Sandboxing Supers - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 13, 2014 5:10 am

7. I'm sorry, but The General Heroes setting does not include teens as possible player characters. Having a teen character forces the draw to the Teen Setting, forcing the campaign to deal with that characters teenage problems, then jumping back to the other characters. General Heroes is meant for adult characters. You put it first on the list so I assume that is your preference, does this change that fact? Which is your preference?
Back to top Go down
Spidey
Spectral
Spidey

PostSubject: Re: Sandboxing Supers   Sandboxing Supers - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 13, 2014 10:56 am

Still general heroes, though, my character, should this come to fruition, would still be 19 and in college, kinda one of those, coming of age tales for him i guess, thhat was my plan the whole time, but no, it doesnt bother me at all, and i still prefer general, its very open.
Back to top Go down
Baron Von Aardvark
Paranaturalist
Baron Von Aardvark

PostSubject: Re: Sandboxing Supers   Sandboxing Supers - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 13, 2014 11:21 am

For the purposes of an RPG, a college setting is effectively synonymous to a high school one. I'm pretty sure the heroes in a general heroes setting would already be pursuing a career, or at least be at an age where that's plausible. (25+, basically.)
Back to top Go down
Spidey
Spectral
Spidey

PostSubject: Re: Sandboxing Supers   Sandboxing Supers - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 13, 2014 11:52 am

Not really, there are major differences to college considering in most you can leave whenever you want and in the one ill be going to in the future specifically, they simply hand you all the work you'll be doing all year and give you a deadline, if you really cracked down you could have copious amounts of free time in that senario

its not really so much high school so much as one aspect of life, schools part time in college anyway. Aside from that you'd be working, trying to get a nicer place than an apartment, long as its played straight its a pretty adult scenario, and allows for characters to not constantly be caught in school.
Back to top Go down
Erie, Man of Danger
Paranaturalist
Erie, Man of Danger

PostSubject: Re: Sandboxing Supers   Sandboxing Supers - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 13, 2014 12:23 pm

I just don't want you to get attached to one character, remember, I'm going to have you pitch three. And it be pretty boring for all the characters to be college goers. Anyone of them could be picked, just letting you know so you don't get headset on one character and everyone else isn't so fond of the idea (hence three). And again, I would still like you to refrain from thinking about characters just yet. I know its hard, but you must RESIST! Very Happy

I'm down with college a college goer, college doesn't have the same connection or forced grouping high school does. And many adults later in life go to college, so I don't think it would be wise to rule it out.

Okay, heres a couple more clarifications here for you Spider:

Question 3: I'm still unsure how dark is too dark for you setting and material wise. THe answer you gave me better fits as an answer for Question 10. I want to know what is to far for you, what is to dark for you or how you feel a hero setting should be. I ask this because some people don't want to face a person eating babies like Pringles when playing superheroes. They might enjoy really dark stuff or they may not, and some just don't think dark material is appropriate for heroes, and they love the silver age.

Question 4: Everyone is pretty on par with your answer for it, but ya didn't answer the last part of this question

How common are supers?

Question 10: As I said before, your answer for question 3 fits this better, as you said you basically wanted "An on-screen hero death." The answer you gave me is more along the lines of the type of villain you want to see, a repeat of a lot of what was discuss earlier in the thread.

Is there anything else you would like to see, preferably non-villain related?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

This last part is for both Spider and Von.

Question 6:

Everyone is pretty on par for how the Government feels about supers: They don't like 'em. The other answers though given seem to clash, sometimes are complete opposites.

Common folk: So far, Von and Wootius has said its a case by case basis for how the population feels about supers, some love em, some hate em, some love specific ones, some love to hate specific heroes. Form what I understand, Spider is pushing for a similar feel, but leaning much more to the negative instead of neutral.

Media: So far, the consensus says that the Media loves supers in general, and eat that shit up. Spider is pushing for more the mix bag it sounds, that the media loves supers, loves to put some on a pedastal, and others to crucify, either way its great news and they rather not see supers leave.

Law Enforcement: Here we have complete opposite answers, Spiders pushing for that they love the help, and Von and Wootius(if he comes back) are pushing for that they see them as a paperwork nightmare.

This is a sandbox and discussion. I like you two to address each others points and say what you like abput theirs and what you don't like, and see if we can reach an agreement.
Back to top Go down
Baron Von Aardvark
Paranaturalist
Baron Von Aardvark

PostSubject: Re: Sandboxing Supers   Sandboxing Supers - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 13, 2014 3:10 pm

If we're all agreed that the government doesn't like supers, it only makes sense for them to make things difficult for law enforcement to help or support supers. Law Enforcement is a part of the government, after all. Everything related to supers would be a paperwork nightmare for the law enforcement, because the government doesn't want them getting friendly, and it works. The cops end up hating supers because their jobs are made more complicated by supers even being there.

Plus, even the more responsible members of law enforcement that don't care about the paperwork would dislike supers for the power they hold. Your average real life cop might hate a celebrity who can commit minor-medium crimes and not even get fined thanks to their celebrity status, and in the same vein, our fictional cops hate supers who can't even be touched by the law thanks to their abnormal abilities. And probably super union benefits, too.
Back to top Go down
Spidey
Spectral
Spidey

PostSubject: Re: Sandboxing Supers   Sandboxing Supers - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 13, 2014 6:11 pm

For me though, id say thay0t that does make a little sense, but at the same time, youd have cops whos lives have been saved and cop deaths prevented BY supers, not to mention jobs made easier by the occasional assist, and yes, granted government and law enforcement are somewhat close, but the government does not have direct authority over precincts and howmthey do their job unless they havent been up to par.

Take a look at batman, the police came to appreciate his help and even call him in on cases that were too much for them, even if the police called the government and not the heroes, im fairly certain that they would rely on supers in some way anyway.

alternate universes, cosmic threat akin to someone like thanos, maybema situation akin to world war hulk with all of us, or secret wars?

as for commoness id say, there could be 5 in one town, maybe somewhere around 3 percent of a city's population is super, something like the incredibles.
Back to top Go down
Erie, Man of Danger
Paranaturalist
Erie, Man of Danger

PostSubject: Re: Sandboxing Supers   Sandboxing Supers - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 13, 2014 6:36 pm

... Thats not how I asked ya guys to discuss the topic. >:c. I asked ya guys to look at each others version and say what you like or don't like, not go defensive on ya own.

You guys are playing the defensive game. In truth, I can see it going both ways. It's kinda why I asked ya to basically defend the idea that's not your own. The one that gets my vote is truthfully the one that gets more story opportunities.

Police dislike: Pros: Allows for stories to gain begrudging trust. Fun interactions. Cons: No help with crime scenes, making it a time limit to solve, can devolve into, "Everyone, lets catch the Batman and arrest them" and change the tone and setting into the fugitive.

Police Like: Pros: More trust and allows police contacts, Easier for me the Gm to dole out clues Cons: Police look incompetent, the fear of the law sorta goes away.

-----------------------

As for supers numbers, Both Spider and Von are agreed on a incredibly low number, very little of the populace has super powers, and for that ratio, Spider a little more because he was counting the total supers, while Von was counting the percent that worked as supers, with a slightly higher percent turning to herodom.

Here's my concerns. This is going to be a team hero RPG. If we end up with a single city as our backdrop, that number is going to most likely go out the window, as there needs to be plenty more supervillains and baddies for you guys to fight to make it a challenge, probably tripling that number for it to make sense that your so active in a city.

A plot point could be why the city has such an unusual high number of supers, but just pointing this out as food for thought.

Spider's to do list:
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Spidey
Spectral
Spidey

PostSubject: Re: Sandboxing Supers   Sandboxing Supers - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 13, 2014 6:59 pm

My last post answers your second question, annnnd, to answer the first Id say that a villain can be as cruel and sinister as they please, but for the really grotesque or socially unacceptable crimes, please no vivid descriptions.
Back to top Go down
Erie, Man of Danger
Paranaturalist
Erie, Man of Danger

PostSubject: Re: Sandboxing Supers   Sandboxing Supers - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 13, 2014 7:05 pm

[Found it, hidden in there]

Last edited by Erie, The Odd One on Fri Jun 13, 2014 7:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Erie, Man of Danger
Paranaturalist
Erie, Man of Danger

PostSubject: Re: Sandboxing Supers   Sandboxing Supers - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 13, 2014 7:08 pm

Quote :
alternate universes, cosmic threat akin to someone like thanos, maybema situation akin to world war hulk with all of us, or secret wars?

Pick one thing. Something I can tag in game and still can make my own. All these ideas can force me to make a campaign around them, which I don't want to do.
Back to top Go down
Spidey
Spectral
Spidey

PostSubject: Re: Sandboxing Supers   Sandboxing Supers - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 13, 2014 7:22 pm

Alternate universe/es
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sandboxing Supers   Sandboxing Supers - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Sandboxing Supers

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Activity Club :: Mayview Middle School :: Roleplaying Club :: Roleplay Sign-Up and Discussion-