The Activity Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Activity Club

For the fans of Zack Morrison's webcomic Paranatural.

PortalHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Top posters
Erie, Man of Danger
Skullgirls Funding almost over. - Page 2 Vote_lcapSkullgirls Funding almost over. - Page 2 Voting_barSkullgirls Funding almost over. - Page 2 Vote_rcap 
Wealthy Lord Asssprite
Skullgirls Funding almost over. - Page 2 Vote_lcapSkullgirls Funding almost over. - Page 2 Voting_barSkullgirls Funding almost over. - Page 2 Vote_rcap 
Soroya123
NinjaKitten
Baron Von Aardvark
Spidey
Leo M. R.
W!tch
Westbrook
tylerouzts
Latest topics
» Chapter Seven
Skullgirls Funding almost over. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 20, 2021 10:11 pm by ThePyromaniac

» Hear me out... (BERG theory)
Skullgirls Funding almost over. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 06, 2020 12:32 pm by janusjekyll

» Hello Activity Club
Skullgirls Funding almost over. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 22, 2020 9:07 am by janusjekyll

» Non-specific Greeting
Skullgirls Funding almost over. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 04, 2020 5:05 pm by Westbrook

» (slides in) Good Evening
Skullgirls Funding almost over. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 03, 2020 4:51 pm by Clayview

» I shout into the void
Skullgirls Funding almost over. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 03, 2020 4:49 pm by Clayview

Statistics
We have 325 registered users
The newest registered user is AL

Our users have posted a total of 14282 messages in 355 subjects
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Skullgirls Funding almost over.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Leo M. R.
Spectral
Leo M. R.

Skullgirls Funding almost over. - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Skullgirls Funding almost over.   Skullgirls Funding almost over. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 05, 2013 4:43 pm

And where's Stan Lee Stanley?
Back to top Go down
Erie, Man of Danger
Paranaturalist
Erie, Man of Danger

PostSubject: Re: Skullgirls Funding almost over.   Skullgirls Funding almost over. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 08, 2013 12:19 pm

Stanley made it to round 2! Competition thins and the choices get harder, My main back-up, Scythana, made it as well, good to see that she is getting some love.

Annie made it, it is going to be tough to beat her. I wouldn't mind having her in the game though.

And Beowulf made it, more steep competition, not a fan of this one.

And Minette made it. The joke character. Not happy about this one. I really don't get the appeal of voting in a Hercule.(DBZ reference)
Back to top Go down
Ars Nova
New Kid
Ars Nova

PostSubject: Re: Skullgirls Funding almost over.   Skullgirls Funding almost over. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 08, 2013 1:03 pm

...Wow, only one of my picks got past the first round. ALL ON YOU NOW, SCYTHANA.

Eragon5055 wrote:
And Minette made it. The joke character. Not happy about this one. I really don't get the appeal of voting in a Hercule.(DBZ reference)

Dude have you played Hercule

It's kind of the most fun a guy can have in Tenkaichi

aside from Yajirobe and his Senzu Beans
Back to top Go down
W!tch
Mag!c
W!tch

PostSubject: Re: Skullgirls Funding almost over.   Skullgirls Funding almost over. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 08, 2013 1:10 pm

I'm voting Minette, Feng, and Annie for round 2.
Back to top Go down
Erie, Man of Danger
Paranaturalist
Erie, Man of Danger

PostSubject: Re: Skullgirls Funding almost over.   Skullgirls Funding almost over. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 08, 2013 1:43 pm

Ars Nova wrote:
...Wow, only one of my picks got past the first round. ALL ON YOU NOW, SCYTHANA.

Eragon5055 wrote:

I own almost every budaki and tenkaichi DBZ game. I have never enjoyed Hercule or any joke character in any fighting game (Looking at you Phoenix Wright). I get a few laghs from them and then I ignore them on the roster. I think it is just a matter of preference.
Back to top Go down
W!tch
Mag!c
W!tch

PostSubject: Re: Skullgirls Funding almost over.   Skullgirls Funding almost over. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 08, 2013 1:48 pm

Eragon5055 wrote:
Ars Nova wrote:

Eragon5055 wrote:

I own almost every budaki and tenkaichi DBZ game. I have never enjoyed Hercule or any joke character in any fighting game (Looking at you Phoenix Wright). I get a few laghs from them and then I ignore them on the roster. I think it is just a matter of preference.

As somebody who's never lost while using Phoenix Wright, I feel offended.

And f you think he's really a joke character then you either never even tried to use him or don't know what joke characters are.
Back to top Go down
Erie, Man of Danger
Paranaturalist
Erie, Man of Danger

PostSubject: Re: Skullgirls Funding almost over.   Skullgirls Funding almost over. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 08, 2013 2:00 pm

W!tch wrote:
Eragon5055 wrote:
Ars Nova wrote:

Eragon5055 wrote:

As somebody who's never lost while using Phoenix Wright, I feel offended.

And f you think he's really a joke character then you either never even tried to use him or don't know what joke characters are.

...He sneezes on the opponent, and calls in characters that fall down and trip and themselves. He is the joke character, that is his design.

Edit: I am not saying he is a weak fighter in game. He is balanced to fight with the rest of the cast as he should be, and I would be mad if they didn't bother to balance him. He is a perfectly viable fighter to chose for your team.
Back to top Go down
Ars Nova
New Kid
Ars Nova

PostSubject: Re: Skullgirls Funding almost over.   Skullgirls Funding almost over. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 08, 2013 3:22 pm

W!tch wrote:

Then we are diametrically opposed. I voted for Scythana, Panzerfaust, and Venus. Let the battle of bigs vs littles begin.

Eragon5055 wrote:
[etc]yotobe link[/yup]

...He sneezes on the opponent, and calls in characters that fall down and trip and themselves. He is the joke character, that is his design.

Funny character != Joke character

If that were true then the Emperor would be the joke character of Dissidia
Back to top Go down
Erie, Man of Danger
Paranaturalist
Erie, Man of Danger

PostSubject: Re: Skullgirls Funding almost over.   Skullgirls Funding almost over. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 08, 2013 3:35 pm

Ars Nova wrote:
W!tch wrote:

Then we are diametrically opposed. I voted for Scythana, Panzerfaust, and Venus. Let the battle of bigs vs littles begin.

Eragon5055 wrote:
[etc]yotobe link[/yup]

Funny character != Joke character

If that were true then the Emperor would be the joke character of Dissidia

Don't get me wrong, I love Deadpool, I find him hilarious. Being funny does not equal being a joke character. I just don't believe Phoenix should be fighting Galactus outside of the courtroom.
Back to top Go down
W!tch
Mag!c
W!tch

PostSubject: Re: Skullgirls Funding almost over.   Skullgirls Funding almost over. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 08, 2013 4:49 pm

No, joke fighters are fighters who are jokes. As in, they are pretty useless. By definition, if the character isn't serious but is balanced and a viable choice, they aren't a joke character, just one that's comical.
Back to top Go down
Erie, Man of Danger
Paranaturalist
Erie, Man of Danger

PostSubject: Re: Skullgirls Funding almost over.   Skullgirls Funding almost over. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 08, 2013 5:06 pm

W!tch wrote:
No, joke fighters are fighters who are jokes. As in, they are pretty useless. By definition, if the character isn't serious but is balanced and a viable choice, they aren't a joke character, just one that's comical.

Let's just say I personally don't find him or characters like him that funny and I feel there are usually more favorable choices and be done with it. Kinda getting off the main topic.
Back to top Go down
Ars Nova
New Kid
Ars Nova

PostSubject: Re: Skullgirls Funding almost over.   Skullgirls Funding almost over. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 08, 2013 5:23 pm

Wright is low-tier, but not worthless. And in a game like UMarvel, where teams with low-tier characters consistently show up and even place in high-level tournaments, even that doesn't mean much. If you're gonna strike him from the list, I hope you're prepared to take the likes of Nemesis, She-Hulk, Tron Bonne, Iron Man, Hsien-Ko, Iron Fist, and Arthur with him, because they all place around or below his level on most tier lists (for reference: SRK list, Filipino Champ's list, both dated this year). There's nothing wrong with having a preference for more serious characters, but you'd do yourself a favor to make sure you have the terminology down, especially in the FGC; people can get pretty fierce in defense of their picks. As far as Wright is concerned, you should check out some of Lythero's videos; maybe he'll change your verdict.

*DETERMINED FOR ALL OF MY POSTS TO STAY THREAD-RELEVANT* As for Minette, we do not know that she's a joke character. We don't even know that the information in her bio will come to be accurate. We know literally nothing about how she will play. Goofy characters can be viable (See Majin Buu, Rufus, Gilgamesh, Teddie, Faust), and just because her entire character is a reference to the service industry doesn't mean she can't serve up a couple ass-whoopings on the side. I for one love to see characters like that join the roster, especially in games that are otherwise dense with tight-arsed, humorless statue people who never crack a smile.

Not that Skullgirls is like that, of course. Hell, it was made by the guy who coined the term REAL SOVIET DAMAGE. Kinda hard to keep a straight face thinkin' about that. (Also the fact that he made Cerebella mad broke is hilarious. You know he was thinking "IT'S MY GAME, I'LL MAKE MY CHARACTER OP IF I WANT TO, TRY AND STOP ME.")
Back to top Go down
Erie, Man of Danger
Paranaturalist
Erie, Man of Danger

PostSubject: Re: Skullgirls Funding almost over.   Skullgirls Funding almost over. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 15, 2013 12:44 am

Round 3
Aeon
Annie
Beowulf
Eliza
Isaac
Minette
Panzerfaust
Stanley

I'm surprised that Aeon made it instead of Venus, she seemed more popular. The rest Im not so surprised. Stanley for round 3!
Back to top Go down
Ars Nova
New Kid
Ars Nova

PostSubject: Re: Skullgirls Funding almost over.   Skullgirls Funding almost over. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 15, 2013 12:47 am

Welp Scythana and Venus are out

ALL MY CHIPS ON PANZERFAUST
Back to top Go down
Erie, Man of Danger
Paranaturalist
Erie, Man of Danger

PostSubject: Re: Skullgirls Funding almost over.   Skullgirls Funding almost over. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 15, 2013 12:50 am

Ars Nova wrote:
Welp Scythana and Venus are out

ALL MY CHIPS ON PANZERFAUST

I was really hoping Scythana would be getting more love, she's my second pick.
Back to top Go down
Baron Von Aardvark
Paranaturalist
Baron Von Aardvark

PostSubject: Re: Skullgirls Funding almost over.   Skullgirls Funding almost over. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 15, 2013 1:22 am

Kinda wish I'd noticed this sooner. There's a lot of characters I would have liked to have voted for, but Stanley's the only one left. So I guess I'll just cheer him on.
Back to top Go down
Erie, Man of Danger
Paranaturalist
Erie, Man of Danger

PostSubject: Re: Skullgirls Funding almost over.   Skullgirls Funding almost over. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 15, 2013 1:30 am

Von Aardvark wrote:
Kinda wish I'd noticed this sooner. There's a lot of characters I would have liked to have voted for, but Stanley's the only one left. So I guess I'll just cheer him on.

There is going to be another 4 rounds of voting to choose another character after ths one is done following the same pattern and mehtod. Every character has a second shot to be picked. Except for Juju, for vague legal reasons.
Back to top Go down
Baron Von Aardvark
Paranaturalist
Baron Von Aardvark

PostSubject: Re: Skullgirls Funding almost over.   Skullgirls Funding almost over. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 15, 2013 2:12 am

Eragon5055 wrote:
Von Aardvark wrote:

There is going to be another 4 rounds of voting to choose another character after ths one is done following the same pattern and mehtod. Every character has a second shot to be picked. Except for Juju, for vague legal reasons.
Intriguing, but I can only assume the general spread of votes will be the same, as the voters will be the same. The likelihood of the second round's winner not being one of those listed a few posts above is unfortunately very low.

...I'd be lying if I said I wasn't really hoping for Taliesin or Molly, though. silent
Back to top Go down
W!tch
Mag!c
W!tch

PostSubject: Re: Skullgirls Funding almost over.   Skullgirls Funding almost over. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 15, 2013 8:53 am

I swear to god if Feng doesn't win the next poll I'll ban Asssprite.
Back to top Go down
Erie, Man of Danger
Paranaturalist
Erie, Man of Danger

PostSubject: Re: Skullgirls Funding almost over.   Skullgirls Funding almost over. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 21, 2013 12:04 pm

NOOOOO Stanley... He didn't make it. Both of my main picks are gone.
Heres for the final round until the next poll, I must try again!

Aeon / エイオン
Time traveling master character. One of the main villains in the game that want the destruction of the world. I want her only to be able to beat the snot out of her in game.

Annie / アニー
Magical girl with a big knife and a remote parasite animal. I am neutral on this character.

Eliza / イライザ
A clear cut villain and sudo vampire. They are thinking her own blood could be used as a weapon and would be a high risk high reward type of character, I like that idea. I probably will vote for her.

Minette / ミネット
Not saying anymore so I don't get into more trouble. Not voting for her

Back to top Go down
Baron Von Aardvark
Paranaturalist
Baron Von Aardvark

PostSubject: Re: Skullgirls Funding almost over.   Skullgirls Funding almost over. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 21, 2013 2:39 pm

I can't say I like any of these four. I'm going to abstain for voting until the next round.
Back to top Go down
Erie, Man of Danger
Paranaturalist
Erie, Man of Danger

PostSubject: Re: Skullgirls Funding almost over.   Skullgirls Funding almost over. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 29, 2013 8:23 am

Welp, Eliza won. In the end, she was most certainly not in my top picks but I'm not complaining. She sounds like she will be fun to play as atleast and any game I can beat up a vampire or two is good in my book.
Back to top Go down
Erie, Man of Danger
Paranaturalist
Erie, Man of Danger

PostSubject: Re: Skullgirls Funding almost over.   Skullgirls Funding almost over. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 06, 2013 11:11 am

Voting begins again: Round 1

Go Stanley Go!
Skullgirls Funding almost over. - Page 2 Tumblr_lot94jTSSi1qfiv0yo1_500
Back to top Go down
Erie, Man of Danger
Paranaturalist
Erie, Man of Danger

PostSubject: Re: Skullgirls Funding almost over.   Skullgirls Funding almost over. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri May 17, 2013 8:36 pm

The Voting is officially over. Beowulf won the second round of votes. I am not pleased.
Back to top Go down
Baron Von Aardvark
Paranaturalist
Baron Von Aardvark

PostSubject: Re: Skullgirls Funding almost over.   Skullgirls Funding almost over. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 20, 2013 5:18 pm

It's a shame. Neither of the victors are characters I care about in any way. But I suppose the will of the many prevails.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Skullgirls Funding almost over.   Skullgirls Funding almost over. - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Skullgirls Funding almost over.

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Activity Club :: Mayview Middle School :: Hall Talk-