The Activity Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Activity Club

For the fans of Zack Morrison's webcomic Paranatural.

PortalHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Top posters
Erie, Man of Danger
Books, Glorious Books! - Page 2 Vote_lcapBooks, Glorious Books! - Page 2 Voting_barBooks, Glorious Books! - Page 2 Vote_rcap 
Wealthy Lord Asssprite
Books, Glorious Books! - Page 2 Vote_lcapBooks, Glorious Books! - Page 2 Voting_barBooks, Glorious Books! - Page 2 Vote_rcap 
Soroya123
NinjaKitten
Baron Von Aardvark
Spidey
Leo M. R.
W!tch
Westbrook
tylerouzts
Latest topics
» Chapter Seven
Books, Glorious Books! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 20, 2021 10:11 pm by ThePyromaniac

» Hear me out... (BERG theory)
Books, Glorious Books! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 06, 2020 12:32 pm by janusjekyll

» Hello Activity Club
Books, Glorious Books! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 22, 2020 9:07 am by janusjekyll

» Non-specific Greeting
Books, Glorious Books! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 04, 2020 5:05 pm by Westbrook

» (slides in) Good Evening
Books, Glorious Books! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 03, 2020 4:51 pm by Clayview

» I shout into the void
Books, Glorious Books! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 03, 2020 4:49 pm by Clayview

Statistics
We have 325 registered users
The newest registered user is AL

Our users have posted a total of 14282 messages in 355 subjects
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Books, Glorious Books!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Shuryou
New Kid
Shuryou

Books, Glorious Books! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Books, Glorious Books!   Books, Glorious Books! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 31, 2013 2:29 am

I mostly read comics and manga. I'm an uncultured swine.

The last book I read was "The Alchemist's Daughter". I really liked it.
Back to top Go down
Soroya123
Paranaturalist
Soroya123

PostSubject: Re: Books, Glorious Books!   Books, Glorious Books! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 31, 2013 4:53 am

Shuryou wrote:
I mostly read comics and manga. I'm an uncultured swine.

The last book I read was "The Alchemist's Daughter". I really liked it.

I read lots of comics and manga too! Helps me keep kinda up to date with pop culture cause all my friends tell me I live under a rock Smile what mangas have you read? I've read Cage of Eden, Claymore, Deadman Wonderland, Mushishi, Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai, Trinity Seven and Pokemon adventures. Not a lot really but I find that they are greatly entertaining!
Back to top Go down
http://soroya123.tumblr.com/
Tren
New Kid
Tren

PostSubject: Re: Books, Glorious Books!   Books, Glorious Books! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 31, 2013 8:13 am

WhoShallRemainNameless wrote:
A favorite author of mine is Garth Nix but people tend not to have heard of him, which is a bummer.

Garth Nix has the most recognizable name in history; I knew who he was before I knew he even was.

Thanks for the suggestions, guys. I'll be sure to check them out.
Back to top Go down
WhoShallRemainNameless
New Kid
WhoShallRemainNameless

PostSubject: Re: Books, Glorious Books!   Books, Glorious Books! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 31, 2013 11:28 am

He does indeed have a very recognizable name. And still people never know who he is when I mention him to friends. I think I'm going to name my car Sabriel.
Back to top Go down
http://thedoctorwhorunsalone.tumblr.com
channel07
New Kid
channel07

PostSubject: Re: Books, Glorious Books!   Books, Glorious Books! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 31, 2013 2:52 pm

I read the five "A Song of Ice and Fire" books in sequence, and really enjoyed it at the beginning, but, when I got all the way to the fifth book I was really tired of it. So I'm taking a break on fantasy-themed novels by reading literature from my own country. Afterwards, I'm willing to read Milan Kundera's The Unbearable Lightness of Being, Salinger's The Catcher in the Rye and Gabriel García's One Hundred Years of Solitude while on this fantasy-breaking period. Trying to get classy, you know? (just kidding)
Back to top Go down
Soroya123
Paranaturalist
Soroya123

PostSubject: Re: Books, Glorious Books!   Books, Glorious Books! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 31, 2013 4:30 pm

Yupyup! When in doubt return to the well worn classics!
Back to top Go down
http://soroya123.tumblr.com/
Baron Von Aardvark
Paranaturalist
Baron Von Aardvark

PostSubject: Re: Books, Glorious Books!   Books, Glorious Books! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 31, 2013 9:08 pm

Agreed! There isn't much better than a good classic. A lot of people tell me that classics are boring, but I think anyone who believes that might not be reading them correctly. If you go into a book expecting it to be boring, you're liable to miss the exciting elements, after all.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Books, Glorious Books!   Books, Glorious Books! - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Books, Glorious Books!

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Activity Club :: Mayview Middle School :: Media Club-