The Activity Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Activity Club

For the fans of Zack Morrison's webcomic Paranatural.

PortalHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Top posters
Erie, Man of Danger
Other webcomics you read? - Page 3 Vote_lcapOther webcomics you read? - Page 3 Voting_barOther webcomics you read? - Page 3 Vote_rcap 
Wealthy Lord Asssprite
Other webcomics you read? - Page 3 Vote_lcapOther webcomics you read? - Page 3 Voting_barOther webcomics you read? - Page 3 Vote_rcap 
Soroya123
NinjaKitten
Baron Von Aardvark
Spidey
Leo M. R.
W!tch
Westbrook
tylerouzts
Latest topics
» Chapter Seven
Other webcomics you read? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 20, 2021 10:11 pm by ThePyromaniac

» Hear me out... (BERG theory)
Other webcomics you read? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 06, 2020 12:32 pm by janusjekyll

» Hello Activity Club
Other webcomics you read? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 22, 2020 9:07 am by janusjekyll

» Non-specific Greeting
Other webcomics you read? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 04, 2020 5:05 pm by Westbrook

» (slides in) Good Evening
Other webcomics you read? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 03, 2020 4:51 pm by Clayview

» I shout into the void
Other webcomics you read? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 03, 2020 4:49 pm by Clayview

Statistics
We have 325 registered users
The newest registered user is AL

Our users have posted a total of 14282 messages in 355 subjects
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Other webcomics you read?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
PineapplePhone
New Kid
PineapplePhone

Other webcomics you read? - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Other webcomics you read?   Other webcomics you read? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 22, 2016 1:10 am

The ones I follow most are:

Wilde Life!! is a wonderful comic about the supernatural occurrences in a small town.

I also love Heroic Villain which is currently on hiatus, but a lovely story about a young villain.

Flowerpot is an adorable and well done comic about a boy with an interesting disease.

Then there are two fancomics I follow. Both are crossovers between Danny Phantom and Gravity Falls.

Cold Front is about Danny coming to Gravity Falls with his family. But of course, Dipper gets suspicious.

Then theres You Smell Like Death Where a strange and silent Ghost Boy follows Robbie around.
Back to top Go down
https://www.instagram.com/pineapplephone/
NinjaKitten
Paranaturalist
NinjaKitten

PostSubject: Re: Other webcomics you read?   Other webcomics you read? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 22, 2016 2:32 pm

Heroic Villain, huh? It might be on hiatus, but I think I might take a look. Sounds interesting!

Same with Flowerpot. Is the disease, perhaps, based around flowers??? Mayhaps perhaps?

I already read Wilde Life!! and it's pretty good! (Cliff is adorable.)
Back to top Go down
PineapplePhone
New Kid
PineapplePhone

PostSubject: Re: Other webcomics you read?   Other webcomics you read? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 22, 2016 7:38 pm

Yeah, it is. Flowers grow out of your head. Also, yes, Cliff is awesome! He follows around Oscar like a lost puppy Wink
Back to top Go down
NinjaKitten
Paranaturalist
NinjaKitten

PostSubject: Re: Other webcomics you read?   Other webcomics you read? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 23, 2016 1:10 am

Took a look, it was adorable! Too bad HV only has two chapters so far...
Back to top Go down
PineapplePhone
New Kid
PineapplePhone

PostSubject: Re: Other webcomics you read?   Other webcomics you read? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 23, 2016 2:18 am

I know, right!? That author needs to update! D:
Back to top Go down
NinjaKitten
Paranaturalist
NinjaKitten

PostSubject: Re: Other webcomics you read?   Other webcomics you read? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 23, 2016 6:25 am

They probably have stuff in their life that needs to be dealt with or something. 'Cause, y'know, not all comic artists can live off of their art, a shame though that may be.

But yeah it would be nice to get an update. Or at least if they gave us an estimation for when they think is the earliest they can start updating again.
Back to top Go down
PretenseAndPoison
Seeing Shades
PretenseAndPoison

PostSubject: Re: Other webcomics you read?   Other webcomics you read? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 07, 2016 1:57 am

Oh, man. This thread is going to expand my notebook so mcuh I'll need to reorganize my check frequency schedule.

Allow me to take two hours to list some of my favorites- foregoing links to each for convenience.

Goblins, Octopuns, Namesake, LaMachinaBellica,Heart Shaped Skull, Homestuck, Gone With The Blastwave, Stand still Stay Silent, Parralax, Questionable Content, Between Failures, League Of Super Redundant Heroes, Atomic Laundromat, Two Guys and Guy, Go Get a Roomie, Thermohalia, All Night (seems to be dead ): ), For Lack of a Better Comic, Starslip, Casseopia Quinn, Neil Kohneys The Other End, The Abominable Charles Christopher, Vattu, The Property of hate, Demon Street, Lighter Than Heir, Delilah Dirk and the Turkish Liuetenant, Awaken, Plume, Not A Villain, Shiver Bureau, Platinum Black, Manly Guys Doing Manly Things, Always Raining Here, Awkward Zombie, Unlife, Wilde Life, Run Freak Run, Broodhollow, Monsterkind, Monster Pulse, Helvetica, Think Before You Think, Yellow Peril, Astral Aves, Guilded Age, The End, Paradox Space, Sufficiently Remarkable, Never Satisfied, Weregeek, Blindsprings, Iverly, Twokinds, Zombie Roomie, VIBE, Boxer Hockey, Cyanide and Happiness, Scenes From a Multiverse, Fishbones, Romantically Apocalyptic, Trying Human, BACK, Hinges, Guilded Age, The Last Nerds on Earth (Unfortunately hiatused), Freefall, Schlock Mercenary, Cucumber Quest, Beyond the Canopy, Skindeep, Supernormal Step, Spindrift, Dreamless, Banished, Agents of the Realm, The Lonely Vincent Bellingham, Blackgrass, Spinnerette, The Hues, Dream Scar, Ghost Junk Sickness, The Glass Scientists, The Last Halloween, Alice Grove, harpy Gee, DORD.Hors, Devils' Candy, Amya Chronicles, Mare Internum, Aquapunk, Thermohalia (Which died in 2014 without a conclusion BUT I STILL DREAM), Reincrownation, Nerf This, Skullkickers, Lost Nightmare, Sfeer Theory, Sakana, Clockwork, Three Panel Soul, Evil You Know, The Meek, Everblue, Dead Winter, and Paranatural.

That's not even all of them.

I keep track of them with a word of the day calendar, rotating comics to accommodate for comics that may or may not always update on time, giving most of them two or three updates between checking in on them so I can read more than one page per visit, except for my favorites, which I keep on my google favorites taskbar and check in even on days I know they don't update so I can keep up with the comments sections.

When a comic that isn't particularly high on my list misses more than one update in a row I'll give it a good eighteen days before I check it again, then thirty, then another month of total inactivity before I take it off my calendar and stow its' name safely in my "Check later later" notebook.
Back to top Go down
Apophyllite
Seeing Shades
Apophyllite

PostSubject: Re: Other webcomics you read?   Other webcomics you read? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 07, 2016 3:01 pm

:0 so organised. I just have a map of links I click when I feel like it...
Back to top Go down
Ignis of Cain
New Kid
Ignis of Cain

PostSubject: Re: Other webcomics you read?   Other webcomics you read? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 08, 2016 12:23 am

I read too many to list (and we already have enough lists to bury a man and crush his weak children) but a few of my favorites are...

Monster Pulse - Definitely read if you are a Paranatural fan. Has a similar theme, with a group of children with organ-themed monsters fighting against the SHELL organization. If you like cool creature designs, philosophical musings on morality, and group dynamics of angsty pre-teens (which, since you read Paranatural, you seem to) then you'll love this. While the beginning is a bit weak, the writing and artwork quickly reach great heights, and later chapters and characters have a way of coming together greatly.

The Last Halloween - Not recommended for younger audiences. Written and illustrated by the amaaazing Abby Howard, in this delectable comic, each human is born with a monster - one who dies when its human dies, or gains immortality when they kill it. When the only man standing between our world and theirs is put out of commission, the world faces a threat over 7-billion strong. Following Mona and a group of undead hijinkers, this comic excels in its art, with cartoonish human figures mixing seamlessly with grotesquely detailed monsters and scenery. Its writing is superb, with huge amounts of dark humor, but can be a bit preachy at times. Props also go to Junior Scientist Power Hour, Abby's autobiographical comic.

Digger - Oh man oh man oh man. Welcome to perhaps the best world building in webcomics history. Realizing that they threw away all the rules when they decided to do fantasy, Digger offers unexpected surprises at every corner. Following a lost wombat who's tunnel got spell-cast into a strange land, Digger gives rich characterization, intense moments, and an immensely likable protagonist. While the art isn't all that pretty, you'll be guaranteed to fall in love with this weird world.

Homestuck - You know what this is. You either love it (me), hate it, or tolerate it. Keep in mind, if you start reading it, that it has nearly three times the word count of Harry Potter. Well worth it, in my opinion.

Broodhollow - Not recommended for younger audiences. Kris Straub (of Candle Cove fame) puts us in the small town of Broodhollow, a cheerful-yet-offputting town visited by the paranoid encyclopedia salesman Wadsworth Zane. The cute, Tintin-like illustrations hide a truly creepy story with brilliant creature designs and psychological horror that always keeps you guessing. A shoutout should also be given to Kris's other strips, the joke-of-the-day Chainsaw Suit, and the sci-fi strip Starslip.
Back to top Go down
PretenseAndPoison
Seeing Shades
PretenseAndPoison

PostSubject: Re: Other webcomics you read?   Other webcomics you read? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 08, 2016 10:43 am

Oh man, your descriptions are on point. I'm definitely slotting Digger into my archive binging schedule.
Back to top Go down
NinjaKitten
Paranaturalist
NinjaKitten

PostSubject: Re: Other webcomics you read?   Other webcomics you read? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 08, 2016 3:14 pm

@PretenseAndPoison
You listed some of those twice! (Namely Guilded Age.) I looked through your list and saw 30 of the comics that I read! Comic buddy, yay!

@Ignis of Cain, the Ambassador of the Serpent's Hand
Digger sounds pretty cool, maybe I'll check it out too!
Though, what with already reading 75+ different comics, I don't think I need yet another one to add to the lists...
Your descriptions are indeed amazing! I read Broodhollow, Monster Pulse, and The Last Halloween, and you captured them really well!
I don't read Homestuck, and likely never will, but I don't hate it so I guess I fall into your "tolerate it" category! Smile

Please, grace us with a list whenever you want! I'm sure the man and his children can handle a few more...
Back to top Go down
PretenseAndPoison
Seeing Shades
PretenseAndPoison

PostSubject: Re: Other webcomics you read?   Other webcomics you read? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 08, 2016 4:30 pm

Whoops! I see that I did indeed list some of those twice. I guess I must enjoy them twice as much as I thought I did.
Back to top Go down
NinjaKitten
Paranaturalist
NinjaKitten

PostSubject: Re: Other webcomics you read?   Other webcomics you read? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 08, 2016 11:18 pm

Verily! As to be expected; Guilded Age (the one I noticed) is a wonderful comic!
Back to top Go down
PoisonedElite
New Kid
PoisonedElite

PostSubject: Re: Other webcomics you read?   Other webcomics you read? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 14, 2016 7:19 pm

I read a couple webcomics, and am always looking for more, they are:
Demon Street
Homestuck
Paranatural
Monsterkind
Problem Sleuth
Cucumber Quest
Kiwi Blitz
Oddity Woods
Paradox Space
Let's Speak English
Beeserker
Helvetica
Bad Soul
And probably some others I can't remember.
Back to top Go down
http://junkmayor.tumblr.com
PretenseAndPoison
Seeing Shades
PretenseAndPoison

PostSubject: Re: Other webcomics you read?   Other webcomics you read? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 15, 2016 3:19 pm

I don't recognize the title Bad Soul, that means $Ka-Ching$ NEW WEBCOMIC! PE, you just became a pal.
Back to top Go down
PoisonedElite
New Kid
PoisonedElite

PostSubject: Re: Other webcomics you read?   Other webcomics you read? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 15, 2016 5:30 pm

http://badsoulcomic.com/ Just warning it updates really erratically and there aren't many pages but its good.
Back to top Go down
PretenseAndPoison
Seeing Shades
PretenseAndPoison

PostSubject: Re: Other webcomics you read?   Other webcomics you read? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 16, 2016 12:18 am

I've got enough comics on my schedule that adding one with an erratic update schedule won't be that much different. I survived Homestucks' Mega, Giga, and Omageapauses, Helveticas' hiatus, All Nights' dead year, and many, many others. There are even some that have been outright cancelled that I still find myself checking up on, just in case *cough Last Nerds on Earth, Thermohalia cough*.

Webcomics take up a significant portion of my time! I just can't get enough. That being said, my actual "Check this on this day, this on that" calendar has fallen behind- with how much I've been working these last two months I just haven't had the time or motivation to go beyond my top twelve dailies and a handful of easily accessible browser-bookmarked weeklies. I guess I found something to occupy my Sunday morning!
Back to top Go down
PoisonedElite
New Kid
PoisonedElite

PostSubject: Re: Other webcomics you read?   Other webcomics you read? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 16, 2016 11:39 pm

Just finished Neo-Kosmos yesterday, it's also pretty good, and have been thinking of picking up Balderdash.
Back to top Go down
NinjaKitten
Paranaturalist
NinjaKitten

PostSubject: Re: Other webcomics you read?   Other webcomics you read? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 24, 2016 2:57 am

Good timing for that one! It's been on a short break, but is scheduled to update again Sept. 30th, which is just a week away, if I got my simple math right.

I recommend it; it's a very cute comic!
Back to top Go down
PoisonedElite
New Kid
PoisonedElite

PostSubject: Re: Other webcomics you read?   Other webcomics you read? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 24, 2016 12:31 pm

It is so adorable. Balderdash is very good.
Back to top Go down
UniversalMonster
Seeing Shades
UniversalMonster

PostSubject: Re: Other webcomics you read?   Other webcomics you read? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 04, 2016 7:32 am

I've just started reading Otaku Dad like 30 minutes before posting this. It's so silly and cute, I love it so far!

Edit: It's completed and pretty short, only 55 pages. But dang I loved every bit of it. I was pretty broken up about it, I just wanted more so bad!! T_T
Back to top Go down
PretenseAndPoison
Seeing Shades
PretenseAndPoison

PostSubject: Re: Other webcomics you read?   Other webcomics you read? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 10, 2016 5:53 am

While I'm in the proper mood for it, I might as well throw in my newest recommendation, as well as an older one that I just found after losing track of, and one that our beloved Zach Morrison himself pointed me to via his tumblr-

Snarlbear, Nimona, and Witchy are all beautiful, quick reads that I enjoyed (though the chapter three=> chapter four transition left me feeling a bit rushed along for Witchy).

Nimona is a complete work, and Snarlbear is currently updating on Mondays.
Back to top Go down
NinjaKitten
Paranaturalist
NinjaKitten

PostSubject: Re: Other webcomics you read?   Other webcomics you read? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 10, 2016 4:35 pm

I think Snarlbear is starting to wind down, though.

I agree that Witchy is a good one! I didn't really catch any "rushed-ness" in the transition, but that might just be me being unobservant.
Back to top Go down
PretenseAndPoison
Seeing Shades
PretenseAndPoison

PostSubject: Re: Other webcomics you read?   Other webcomics you read? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 12, 2016 9:23 am

It definitely seems like Snarlbear is approaching a conclusion, which I'm looking forward to seeing. The... 'rushedness' that I'm getting from Witchy is more from the sudden shift in tempo- the protagonist went from fleeing, to being unconcious, to waking up, to running again, to sanctuary in a rather short number of pages. It just felt a bit more ridged than I'm used to, and i found myself rereading the entire third and fourth chapter (as it sits) to make sure I didn't miss anything.

Don't get me wrong, the story is still pretty great, but rapid scene transitions can kind of throw me out of the loop- it's the entire reason I stopped trying to make sense of Accursed Dragon.
Back to top Go down
NinjaKitten
Paranaturalist
NinjaKitten

PostSubject: Re: Other webcomics you read?   Other webcomics you read? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 17, 2017 9:25 pm

Snarlbear is over, but it had a pretty good ending, I think, so that's something. (At the very least it didn't leave me confused and disoriented, which is good enough sometimes.)

I think the pace of Witchy has gotten a bit more stable, now. Maybe it should be re-read? Sometimes something that feels strange in a webcomic is because it would make more sense being read more-or-less all in one go.

The webcomic I'm currently most excited about for story progression (besides Pnat!) is... Guilded Age and Supernormal Step. Yes, two of them! I simply cannot choose.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Other webcomics you read?   Other webcomics you read? - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Other webcomics you read?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next