The Activity Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Activity Club

For the fans of Zack Morrison's webcomic Paranatural.

PortalHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Top posters
Erie, Man of Danger
So how 'bout them fancharacters? Vote_lcapSo how 'bout them fancharacters? Voting_barSo how 'bout them fancharacters? Vote_rcap 
Wealthy Lord Asssprite
So how 'bout them fancharacters? Vote_lcapSo how 'bout them fancharacters? Voting_barSo how 'bout them fancharacters? Vote_rcap 
Soroya123
NinjaKitten
Baron Von Aardvark
Spidey
Leo M. R.
W!tch
Westbrook
tylerouzts
Latest topics
» Chapter Seven
So how 'bout them fancharacters? Icon_minitimeSat Mar 20, 2021 10:11 pm by ThePyromaniac

» Hear me out... (BERG theory)
So how 'bout them fancharacters? Icon_minitimeTue Oct 06, 2020 12:32 pm by janusjekyll

» Hello Activity Club
So how 'bout them fancharacters? Icon_minitimeTue Sep 22, 2020 9:07 am by janusjekyll

» Non-specific Greeting
So how 'bout them fancharacters? Icon_minitimeFri Sep 04, 2020 5:05 pm by Westbrook

» (slides in) Good Evening
So how 'bout them fancharacters? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 03, 2020 4:51 pm by Clayview

» I shout into the void
So how 'bout them fancharacters? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 03, 2020 4:49 pm by Clayview

Statistics
We have 325 registered users
The newest registered user is AL

Our users have posted a total of 14282 messages in 355 subjects
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

So how 'bout them fancharacters?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
AradiaMegido
New Kid
AradiaMegido

So how 'bout them fancharacters? Empty
PostSubject: So how 'bout them fancharacters?   So how 'bout them fancharacters? Icon_minitimeMon Mar 25, 2013 4:53 am

In the semi-sort-of-not-really-official Paranatural Skype chat, a while ago we were contemplating making original characters that fit inside the Paranatural universe. Spectrals of all shapes and sizes and even some normal folk thrown into the fray were dreamed up and doodled by some exceptionally talented Paranaturalists (of which, I am sadly not a part of)

So let's talk about fancharacters! What is your opinion on them as a whole? How might they fit into the quiet town of Mayview? Would they make a splash or get themselves into trouble?

While drawings, fanfictions, and other goodies get stored into the still-unused Fanworks board, here you guys can infodump and gab about OCs all day long! Let's rustle up some awesome fan-characters and leave the Enoby Dark'ness Dementia Raven Ways in our closet of shame, shall we?
Back to top Go down
http://ticktocksheep.tumblr.com/

PostSubject: Re: So how 'bout them fancharacters?   So how 'bout them fancharacters? Icon_minitimeTue Mar 26, 2013 9:04 am

I'd really like to know what happens to people who's spirits have returned to usual strenght and leave.
That'd make for an interesting fc idea, methinks.
Back to top Go down
Erie, Man of Danger
Paranaturalist
Erie, Man of Danger

PostSubject: Re: So how 'bout them fancharacters?   So how 'bout them fancharacters? Icon_minitimeTue Mar 26, 2013 6:35 pm

I'd like to see a character with the ability to manupulate their own gravity
Back to top Go down
acid
Admin
acid

PostSubject: Re: So how 'bout them fancharacters?   So how 'bout them fancharacters? Icon_minitimeTue Mar 26, 2013 8:27 pm

Well, fancharacters for anything are great, especially in a world with so many possibilities like Paranatural.

I've been kinda considering making a widowed spectral character who's sidekick is the ghost of her deceased husband. Still brainstorming what tool she'd have, though.
Back to top Go down
http://clockwise11037.tumblr.com/
Erie, Man of Danger
Paranaturalist
Erie, Man of Danger

PostSubject: Re: So how 'bout them fancharacters?   So how 'bout them fancharacters? Icon_minitimeWed Mar 27, 2013 10:34 pm

acid wrote:
Well, fancharacters for anything are great, especially in a world with so many possibilities like Paranatural.

I've been kinda considering making a widowed spectral character who's sidekick is the ghost of her deceased husband. Still brainstorming what tool she'd have, though.

Interesting, was his wife a spectral? Makes me wonder if ghosts of spectrals are different.
Back to top Go down
W!tch
Mag!c
W!tch

PostSubject: Re: So how 'bout them fancharacters?   So how 'bout them fancharacters? Icon_minitimeFri Mar 29, 2013 3:06 pm

I've had this sort-of idea bangling around my head for a day or two, where this character is basically a spectral whose tool is a clown nose. Purely because, to non-spectrals, he'd appear to be sneezing on random things while shouting about fighting evil.

It'd be the best.
Back to top Go down
acid
Admin
acid

PostSubject: Re: So how 'bout them fancharacters?   So how 'bout them fancharacters? Icon_minitimeFri Mar 29, 2013 5:06 pm

Eragon5055 wrote:

Interesting, was his wife a spectral? Makes me wonder if ghosts of spectrals are different.

both were spectrals! its how theyd met C: hmm...they might be a little more in tune with their ghost powers to start with maybe, tho i dont imagine there'd be too much of a distinction between them and the ghosts of normal people.

W!tch wrote:
I've had this sort-of idea bangling around my head for a day or two, where this character is basically a spectral whose tool is a clown nose. Purely because, to non-spectrals, he'd appear to be sneezing on random things while shouting about fighting evil.

It'd be the best.

that is... that is the best idea for a tool ive ever seen oh my gosh.
Back to top Go down
http://clockwise11037.tumblr.com/
W!tch
Mag!c
W!tch

PostSubject: Re: So how 'bout them fancharacters?   So how 'bout them fancharacters? Icon_minitimeFri Mar 29, 2013 5:50 pm

acid wrote:

Yes I know.

He'd be part of a team of three. His partners would be a man whose tool is a stop sign with the power to make ghost muffins appear on anything it hits, and a woman whose tool is a gorilla mask that vomits pigeons.
Back to top Go down
Erie, Man of Danger
Paranaturalist
Erie, Man of Danger

PostSubject: Re: So how 'bout them fancharacters?   So how 'bout them fancharacters? Icon_minitimeFri Mar 29, 2013 5:58 pm

Pigeon vomit, what a way to go.
Back to top Go down
W!tch
Mag!c
W!tch

PostSubject: Re: So how 'bout them fancharacters?   So how 'bout them fancharacters? Icon_minitimeFri Mar 29, 2013 11:28 pm

I have decided to draw my OCs.
Await it.
Back to top Go down
hollow
New Kid
hollow

PostSubject: Re: So how 'bout them fancharacters?   So how 'bout them fancharacters? Icon_minitimeSat Mar 30, 2013 11:17 am

W!tch wrote:
acid wrote:

Yes I know.

He'd be part of a team of three. His partners would be a man whose tool is a stop sign with the power to make ghost muffins appear on anything it hits, and a woman whose tool is a gorilla mask that vomits pigeons.

I just laughed so hard my eyes made a tear =,D That was just awesome - Totally have to see the art for that XD
Back to top Go down
Cleverdan
New Kid
Cleverdan

PostSubject: Re: So how 'bout them fancharacters?   So how 'bout them fancharacters? Icon_minitimeSat Mar 30, 2013 2:37 pm

It's not really a "fancharacter" but my avatar is a cropped drawing of me and my girlfriend with tools. So that's pretty fun.
Back to top Go down
W!tch
Mag!c
W!tch

PostSubject: Re: So how 'bout them fancharacters?   So how 'bout them fancharacters? Icon_minitimeSat Mar 30, 2013 3:41 pm

Did you draw it yourself? Because wowza!
Back to top Go down
Cleverdan
New Kid
Cleverdan

PostSubject: Re: So how 'bout them fancharacters?   So how 'bout them fancharacters? Icon_minitimeSat Mar 30, 2013 4:16 pm

No, Zack drew it.

It's a commission I got my girlfriend for Christmas. (Well I mean that was part of the gift it was only like 20 bucks but that's beside the point)
Back to top Go down
W!tch
Mag!c
W!tch

PostSubject: Re: So how 'bout them fancharacters?   So how 'bout them fancharacters? Icon_minitimeSat Mar 30, 2013 5:37 pm

You lucky bastard. I wish I had money.

Anyway, spectral ideas are suddenly EXPLOSIONING into my brain and I can't draw them all oh no.
Back to top Go down
Statters
New Kid
Statters

PostSubject: Re: So how 'bout them fancharacters?   So how 'bout them fancharacters? Icon_minitimeSat Mar 30, 2013 9:01 pm

Ah, I have a fancharacter in the works.
Consider that spirits and spectrals may not be limited to Mayview, though! That would make the creation of fancharacters even easier, as they could successfully avoid touching the existing canon while still having their own things going on.

I personally love seeing all the fancharacters other people make. If anyone would like to RP or share their character with me, hmu! I'd love to hear about them.
Back to top Go down
LaserTurtle
New Kid

PostSubject: Re: So how 'bout them fancharacters?   So how 'bout them fancharacters? Icon_minitimeWed Apr 03, 2013 11:44 pm

Well, I had an idea about a spectral with shoes that had gravity powers in the same vein as Max's bat (gravity if you didn't know how gravity worked). He would be able to change the direction he was falling in, and decrease or increase gravity at random.

Also, on a sillier note, a shirt tool that can change its color/design. It's possessed by a chameleon spirit and is almost completely useless.
"Why couldn't you have a useful power, like shooting death lasers?"
"Hey, at least I'm not stuck with a power like making butterflies or something."
Back to top Go down
Erie, Man of Danger
Paranaturalist
Erie, Man of Danger

PostSubject: Re: So how 'bout them fancharacters?   So how 'bout them fancharacters? Icon_minitimeWed Apr 03, 2013 11:48 pm

Eragon5055 wrote:
I'd like to see a character with the ability to manupulate their own gravity

LaserTurtle wrote:
Well, I had an idea about a spectral with shoes that had gravity powers in the same vein as Max's bat (gravity if you didn't know how gravity worked). He would be able to change the direction he was falling in, and decrease or increase gravity at random.

Also, on a sillier note, a shirt tool that can change its color/design. It's possessed by a chameleon spirit and is almost completely useless.
"Why couldn't you have a useful power, like shooting death lasers?"
"Hey, at least I'm not stuck with a power like making butterflies or something."

Great minds think alike.
Back to top Go down
Awesomesnes
New Kid

PostSubject: Re: So how 'bout them fancharacters?   So how 'bout them fancharacters? Icon_minitimeThu Apr 18, 2013 9:14 am

W!tch wrote:

It'd be the best.

NO. mmnnyurrh

How about a spectral that can turn him/herself, other things, and other creatures to stone and reverse the effect? And every sentient being can just break out of it if strong enough?
Back to top Go down
Wealthy Lord Asssprite
Paranaturalist
Wealthy Lord Asssprite

PostSubject: Re: So how 'bout them fancharacters?   So how 'bout them fancharacters? Icon_minitimeThu Apr 18, 2013 10:48 am

Maybe a spectral whose tool is a watch, with the power to stop time for everybody but the spirit/spectral, wreck a bunch of stuff, put junk everywhere, then fix everything and disappear? HELLO FRIENDS
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: So how 'bout them fancharacters?   So how 'bout them fancharacters? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

So how 'bout them fancharacters?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1