The Activity Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Activity Club

For the fans of Zack Morrison's webcomic Paranatural.

PortalHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Top posters
Erie, Man of Danger
The Paranatural Forum RPG (Experiment Run) - Page 27 Vote_lcapThe Paranatural Forum RPG (Experiment Run) - Page 27 Voting_barThe Paranatural Forum RPG (Experiment Run) - Page 27 Vote_rcap 
Wealthy Lord Asssprite
The Paranatural Forum RPG (Experiment Run) - Page 27 Vote_lcapThe Paranatural Forum RPG (Experiment Run) - Page 27 Voting_barThe Paranatural Forum RPG (Experiment Run) - Page 27 Vote_rcap 
Soroya123
NinjaKitten
Baron Von Aardvark
Spidey
Leo M. R.
W!tch
Westbrook
tylerouzts
Latest topics
» Chapter Seven
The Paranatural Forum RPG (Experiment Run) - Page 27 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 20, 2021 10:11 pm by ThePyromaniac

» Hear me out... (BERG theory)
The Paranatural Forum RPG (Experiment Run) - Page 27 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 06, 2020 12:32 pm by janusjekyll

» Hello Activity Club
The Paranatural Forum RPG (Experiment Run) - Page 27 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 22, 2020 9:07 am by janusjekyll

» Non-specific Greeting
The Paranatural Forum RPG (Experiment Run) - Page 27 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 04, 2020 5:05 pm by Westbrook

» (slides in) Good Evening
The Paranatural Forum RPG (Experiment Run) - Page 27 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 03, 2020 4:51 pm by Clayview

» I shout into the void
The Paranatural Forum RPG (Experiment Run) - Page 27 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 03, 2020 4:49 pm by Clayview

Statistics
We have 325 registered users
The newest registered user is AL

Our users have posted a total of 14282 messages in 355 subjects
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

The Paranatural Forum RPG (Experiment Run)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 15 ... 26, 27, 28 ... 32  Next
AuthorMessage
leviatron
Seeing Shades
leviatron

The Paranatural Forum RPG (Experiment Run) - Page 27 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Paranatural Forum RPG (Experiment Run)   The Paranatural Forum RPG (Experiment Run) - Page 27 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 23, 2013 11:35 am

"im not saying your yelling justified my yelling. im just saying your yelling was what caused me to yell. and also, i was with oliver, he wouldnt LET me use the bullets even if i had them, the reason i wanted them was because they are almost infinitly harder to steal out of my wallet."
Back to top Go down
Erie, Man of Danger
Paranaturalist
Erie, Man of Danger

PostSubject: Re: The Paranatural Forum RPG (Experiment Run)   The Paranatural Forum RPG (Experiment Run) - Page 27 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 23, 2013 12:06 pm

Pepper ignores the weird argument Arthur keeps pushing. "We could also use the school directory. That has everyone's address and phone numbers on it. She smiles.

[color=orange]The gm puts on mood music to fit the arguments mood.

Back to top Go down
Soroya123
Paranaturalist
Soroya123

PostSubject: Re: The Paranatural Forum RPG (Experiment Run)   The Paranatural Forum RPG (Experiment Run) - Page 27 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 23, 2013 3:54 pm

...I think we've beaten that horse to death Arthur...
I'd like to go check on Jared, if nobody minds.
she turns a little red Probably best to check on him then go to Monarca, so we can tell her why we have one person missing and one new person, she looks at Anton If you want to tag along of course.
Back to top Go down
http://soroya123.tumblr.com/
Spidey
Spectral
Spidey

PostSubject: Re: The Paranatural Forum RPG (Experiment Run)   The Paranatural Forum RPG (Experiment Run) - Page 27 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 23, 2013 5:06 pm

Well, we cant do both, and Monarca needs some serious tending to, in order to be most time effective, why don't *I* go with Ryan, and you can go check on . . .your cr- . . Jared

Chase stands. ready for duty. Besides, you'd do a better job looking for Jared and seeing him, even if you came, your thoughts would be elsewhere, no need for that.
Back to top Go down
Soroya123
Paranaturalist
Soroya123

PostSubject: Re: The Paranatural Forum RPG (Experiment Run)   The Paranatural Forum RPG (Experiment Run) - Page 27 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 23, 2013 8:06 pm

...I don't know what you're implying but I can keep my focus better than you seem to think Chase. Monarca is a priority right now. We can check up on Jared afterwards.
Back to top Go down
Wealthy Lord Asssprite
Paranaturalist
Wealthy Lord Asssprite

PostSubject: Re: The Paranatural Forum RPG (Experiment Run)   The Paranatural Forum RPG (Experiment Run) - Page 27 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 23, 2013 8:43 pm

Chase, you need to get more experience as a spectral before you can really handle critical negotiations like this. I mean, your own tool denied you access to your powers at a critical period... You aren't ready to do much more than watch when it comes to spiritual diplomacy. Also, I'm going to recommend we maintain a policy regarding any firearms or ammunition we come across from this point on. We should leave them be, or destroy them. Of course, most of the time, we will respect laws regarding property. Vandalism and theft are actions only to be taken in extreme situations.
Back to top Go down
Baron Von Aardvark
Paranaturalist
Baron Von Aardvark

PostSubject: Re: The Paranatural Forum RPG (Experiment Run)   The Paranatural Forum RPG (Experiment Run) - Page 27 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 23, 2013 8:46 pm

If the gun belongs to someone that's likely to point it at us, destroy it. Or give it to Arthur. Either one.
Back to top Go down
Soroya123
Paranaturalist
Soroya123

PostSubject: Re: The Paranatural Forum RPG (Experiment Run)   The Paranatural Forum RPG (Experiment Run) - Page 27 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 23, 2013 8:55 pm

I say dump it somewhere or destroy it. Separate from the bullets. Probably keep one half in Arthurs wallet, then dump the other half in a bin or something. Keep em apart.
Chase, I do agree with Ryan. Though you have valuable input, you still need to learn a lot. Same goes for you Ryan. I don't know what your deal is but you need to know how to make a spec shot AT LEAST. Spec Energy manipulation is something you can't live without. Now that we have time I think, for Chase and you, there needs to be a spec energy 101 crash course or something, because, even if you don't THINK it's useful, it's saved my life more times than I can count, even when I'm careful. I'm not saying you need to use it ALL THE TIME but you need to know how to use it IN CASE OF AN EMERGENCY, like if you don't have your tool, or the spirit inhabiting it leaves.  
Back to top Go down
Erie, Man of Danger
Paranaturalist
Erie, Man of Danger

PostSubject: Re: The Paranatural Forum RPG (Experiment Run)   The Paranatural Forum RPG (Experiment Run) - Page 27 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 23, 2013 9:01 pm

"It isn't that hard really," Pepper smiles.
Back to top Go down
Soroya123
Paranaturalist
Soroya123

PostSubject: Re: The Paranatural Forum RPG (Experiment Run)   The Paranatural Forum RPG (Experiment Run) - Page 27 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 23, 2013 9:44 pm

Exactly! So it would only take a little time to learn something of incredible value.
Back to top Go down
Spidey
Spectral
Spidey

PostSubject: Re: The Paranatural Forum RPG (Experiment Run)   The Paranatural Forum RPG (Experiment Run) - Page 27 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 23, 2013 10:00 pm

" I have been trying already, both Selene, and Mouse helped me. I'm going to keep working at it, until i get it down patted"
Back to top Go down
Wealthy Lord Asssprite
Paranaturalist
Wealthy Lord Asssprite

PostSubject: Re: The Paranatural Forum RPG (Experiment Run)   The Paranatural Forum RPG (Experiment Run) - Page 27 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 23, 2013 10:01 pm

I recommend that if a gun is going to be pointed at us, we destroy it without hesitation. There is no situation in which we need to keep a gun. Bullets don't work on spirits, after all, so there is no reason to have a gun. Anyways, I don't really have much call for messing around with spectral energy. I already have a method of dealing with emergency situations. If I had two ways, I'd need to take the time to pick between them, and I might not have that time, so I don't want to learn something that would result in hesitation. I'm an athlete, you know, and my body is built for speed, so I can avoid pretty much anything that comes at me without investing a bunch of time practicing an entirely new skill.
Back to top Go down
Soroya123
Paranaturalist
Soroya123

PostSubject: Re: The Paranatural Forum RPG (Experiment Run)   The Paranatural Forum RPG (Experiment Run) - Page 27 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 23, 2013 10:11 pm

It does not result in hesitation. It is an extension of your mind and body.
Back to top Go down
Erie, Man of Danger
Paranaturalist
Erie, Man of Danger

PostSubject: Re: The Paranatural Forum RPG (Experiment Run)   The Paranatural Forum RPG (Experiment Run) - Page 27 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 23, 2013 10:13 pm

Pepper eyebrow raises, "Hesitation? I'm a athlete too you know, I don't have a problem with it, in fact you can use basic spectral abilities to enhance your own. I think your just being difficult on this, I don't know why. You don't like your color?
Back to top Go down
Soroya123
Paranaturalist
Soroya123

PostSubject: Re: The Paranatural Forum RPG (Experiment Run)   The Paranatural Forum RPG (Experiment Run) - Page 27 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 23, 2013 10:41 pm

Yeah you see? I can extend my kicks or give my jumps an extra boost. Also what would happen if you met something you couldn't out run or dodge. Like say somebody with super speed? coughcough Diana coughcough. Or somebody who could teleport? Or what would happen if you broke your leg or ankle. Sure the adrenaline could keep You going for a while but soon you wouldn't be able to run anymore. There is an endless amount of situations in which you would not be able to move away fast enough or and would lead to some serious shit. You need to learn this stuff. We're not going to be here forever, we can't have your back all the time.
Back to top Go down
Wealthy Lord Asssprite
Paranaturalist
Wealthy Lord Asssprite

PostSubject: Re: The Paranatural Forum RPG (Experiment Run)   The Paranatural Forum RPG (Experiment Run) - Page 27 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 23, 2013 10:56 pm

I don't really have the time to polish some new skill to the point where it approaches being as useful as my current skills. I have to keep my body strong for swimming, and all that. Besides, I'm not gonna be fighting my whole life, you know? I'm not a soldier, I'm an athlete.
Back to top Go down
Erie, Man of Danger
Paranaturalist
Erie, Man of Danger

PostSubject: Re: The Paranatural Forum RPG (Experiment Run)   The Paranatural Forum RPG (Experiment Run) - Page 27 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 23, 2013 11:20 pm

"Wow, that's good to know. I'll just go tell all those hostile spirits that loooooove to eat spectrals that your an athlete, that'll totally make them back off.

Your making a big stink over something that's easy, you can practice while swimming for pete's sake. And just learning the basics is enough, that's all Melissa does, and she's bad ass!"
Back to top Go down
Soroya123
Paranaturalist
Soroya123

PostSubject: Re: The Paranatural Forum RPG (Experiment Run)   The Paranatural Forum RPG (Experiment Run) - Page 27 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 23, 2013 11:29 pm

We all wish we don't have to fight our whole lives, but unfortunately that is unlikely to happen.
Back to top Go down
Wealthy Lord Asssprite
Paranaturalist
Wealthy Lord Asssprite

PostSubject: Re: The Paranatural Forum RPG (Experiment Run)   The Paranatural Forum RPG (Experiment Run) - Page 27 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 23, 2013 11:43 pm

I'm a bit of a badass myself, you know? I have a different skill set than other spectrals, but I know how to use it, and I know how to use it well. I don't need to augment it. It's not that it would be difficult, it just isnt something I care about enough to spend any time or effort on it at all. Learning it would be a waste of my time. This conversation, by the way, is also a waste of my time. I want to go smooth things over with Monarca as soon as possible so we can get paid. In fact, I'm almost entirely certain Jared would be happiest if whoever elects to visit him brought him his share of the haul.

If you would like, we can throw some hypothetical combat scenarios around, just to prove that there are no situations in which spectral energy offers the only possible solution to the problem. For starters, lets say something knocks down a tree, and you are directly beneath it. Assuming that the tree is sufficiently large to pin you, what do you do?
Back to top Go down
Erie, Man of Danger
Paranaturalist
Erie, Man of Danger

PostSubject: Re: The Paranatural Forum RPG (Experiment Run)   The Paranatural Forum RPG (Experiment Run) - Page 27 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 23, 2013 11:56 pm

"Depends on the tree, but you generally should move to the side. And use spectral energy basics, you could propel yourself to the side to save physical exertion, otherwise your scenario is rather boooring.

Let's try a recent one. Say your trapped in a cage, Iron bars separate you and your captor. Your captor has the keys and is wide awake and watching you at a safe distance, him being a spirit. You don't expect a rescue anytime soon, and you don't have your tool or anything useful on hand but a bolted down bed and some sheets. You also don't have a window. Tell me how you'd get out without a Monte Cristo plan."
Back to top Go down
Soroya123
Paranaturalist
Soroya123

PostSubject: Re: The Paranatural Forum RPG (Experiment Run)   The Paranatural Forum RPG (Experiment Run) - Page 27 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 23, 2013 11:59 pm

Well duh RUN. But another hypothetical. What if your leg was broken? What then? Also when you jumped off the roof, missed and nearly fell off, the use of a boost, or platform would have sufficed, and Pepper is right. You would be horribly SCREWED in that situation. Anyways, we've spent too much time on this. It's quite obvious that Ryan's position on this is not going to change, and I'm not going to waste my breath on this topic any longer. So have fun going into situations like that when we can't help Ryan. I hope pain is pleasing to you.

Since nobody has really made a fuss to my volunteer of being a diplomat should Ryan be rejected, I assume I will be taking on that role, if that should happen? Also nobody responded to the dual diplomat idea, where there would be two people, with a lot of communication going between them, representing us, so that if need be, we can split, one stay and talk with Monarca while the other does stuff, which I also elected myself for. Any thoughts?

Oh, and would anybody want to build a clubhouse on the forest floor? Not that I don't LIKE you guys being here, it's just that it's a little cramped. I have an idea for how to build it that should be pretty easy and roomy, we'd just need to get some hardware and homely things to make it a nicer place to be. We could keep stuff in there, I could watch over the place, make sure it's clean and stuff. Anybody opposed?
Back to top Go down
Baron Von Aardvark
Paranaturalist
Baron Von Aardvark

PostSubject: Re: The Paranatural Forum RPG (Experiment Run)   The Paranatural Forum RPG (Experiment Run) - Page 27 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 24, 2013 12:12 am

Ryan, unless you turn out to be miraculously bad at it, learning to shoot a spec shot is as hard as learning to use a gun. half an hour to learn to use it without dry firing or blowing your own face off, after which your shot is nearly as powerful as any of ours, and then less than an hour a day for maybe a week or two to become usefully accurate. One shot can incapacitate a lot of weaker spirits, and they can still deal significant damage against grudges or similarly dangerous foes.

In short, you can't possibly explain it away as being too inconvenient to bother with.

Made a lot of assumptions with this post, feel free to contest them ooc if you disagree.
Back to top Go down
Erie, Man of Danger
Paranaturalist
Erie, Man of Danger

PostSubject: Re: The Paranatural Forum RPG (Experiment Run)   The Paranatural Forum RPG (Experiment Run) - Page 27 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 24, 2013 12:22 am

Naw, its pretty accurate, save for time scale, people learn at different rates. Alice's spectral shots killed a momticore so its accurate on devastating they can be at expert level.

Anyways, I do feel I need to warn ya sprite, as the gm, I highly recommend Ryan learn the basics, because the next enemy will be gunning for him, and dodging and running is going to be next to useless.
Back to top Go down
Wealthy Lord Asssprite
Paranaturalist
Wealthy Lord Asssprite

PostSubject: Re: The Paranatural Forum RPG (Experiment Run)   The Paranatural Forum RPG (Experiment Run) - Page 27 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 24, 2013 12:23 am

I would trick the spirit into granting me my freedom, naturally. I am a convincing liar, and if a spirit chooses to keep me in captivity rather than simply kill me, it must want something from me. I find out what it wants, get it to open the cage, and then I beat it into submission with my bare hands and start running.

Should my leg break, I would have to find a way to splint it before I could do any sort of standing, even if I had mastered spectral energy. So I would create a dense fog and crawl into hiding, where I could either find a splint or call an emergency number for an ambulance.

I think Jeanine, Pepper, Oliver and I should attend to Monarca, and we can feel out diplomacy upon arrival. It's not like we can predict how she'll act before we even visit her.

I can't say I know my way around building any sort of house or anything like that. I've never taken shop class.

I don't need to use specshots. I can just blast things with water with fairly similar effects.
Back to top Go down
Erie, Man of Danger
Paranaturalist
Erie, Man of Danger

PostSubject: Re: The Paranatural Forum RPG (Experiment Run)   The Paranatural Forum RPG (Experiment Run) - Page 27 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 24, 2013 12:26 am

"From what Alice told me, that worked sooooooooooooooo well last time. It's not like she had to give you the key or anything.

Pepper just shakes her head.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Paranatural Forum RPG (Experiment Run)   The Paranatural Forum RPG (Experiment Run) - Page 27 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Paranatural Forum RPG (Experiment Run)

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 27 of 32Go to page : Previous  1 ... 15 ... 26, 27, 28 ... 32  Next