The Activity Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Activity Club

For the fans of Zack Morrison's webcomic Paranatural.

PortalHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Top posters
Erie, Man of Danger
Super Mocha Cafe! (OCC) Vote_lcapSuper Mocha Cafe! (OCC) Voting_barSuper Mocha Cafe! (OCC) Vote_rcap 
Wealthy Lord Asssprite
Super Mocha Cafe! (OCC) Vote_lcapSuper Mocha Cafe! (OCC) Voting_barSuper Mocha Cafe! (OCC) Vote_rcap 
Soroya123
NinjaKitten
Baron Von Aardvark
Spidey
Leo M. R.
W!tch
Westbrook
tylerouzts
Latest topics
» Chapter Seven
Super Mocha Cafe! (OCC) Icon_minitimeSat Mar 20, 2021 10:11 pm by ThePyromaniac

» Hear me out... (BERG theory)
Super Mocha Cafe! (OCC) Icon_minitimeTue Oct 06, 2020 12:32 pm by janusjekyll

» Hello Activity Club
Super Mocha Cafe! (OCC) Icon_minitimeTue Sep 22, 2020 9:07 am by janusjekyll

» Non-specific Greeting
Super Mocha Cafe! (OCC) Icon_minitimeFri Sep 04, 2020 5:05 pm by Westbrook

» (slides in) Good Evening
Super Mocha Cafe! (OCC) Icon_minitimeMon Aug 03, 2020 4:51 pm by Clayview

» I shout into the void
Super Mocha Cafe! (OCC) Icon_minitimeMon Aug 03, 2020 4:49 pm by Clayview

Statistics
We have 325 registered users
The newest registered user is AL

Our users have posted a total of 14282 messages in 355 subjects
April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Super Mocha Cafe! (OCC)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Erie, Man of Danger
Paranaturalist
Erie, Man of Danger

Super Mocha Cafe! (OCC) Empty
PostSubject: Super Mocha Cafe! (OCC)   Super Mocha Cafe! (OCC) Icon_minitimeSun May 18, 2014 11:09 pm

Hey-o Everybody! As the resident Elder God of the RPG club, I feel we are lacking any active rpg's. I realize this is partially my fault, the rpg's I have ran here had to stop because I could not afford the time nor effort to them necessary a while back and have since lost a lot of enthusiasm during the long break for them now that I can devote some time.

I however will not be the gming or running this new rpg directly to avoid such problem, no more waiting on me for activity. This RPG will be Freeform in format.

For you Newbies that are interested, a freeform rpg means everyone works together to tell a story and no over arching gm to tell ya if ya succeeded or not. Basically if you follow the rules, you can do it.

So lets get the rulz outa da way so we can get to the juicy juicy plot.

Da Rulz

1. THOU SHALL NOT GODMODING. (This means don't make your character invincible. No auto-hits or other bullshit. NPC's are free game to control, but it is boring if your character dodges every attack and wins with a single punch or just goes poof and wins. Snore fest.)

2. THOU SHALL NOT POWERPLAY (No controlling other peoples characters in any way without their express permission. That's just uncool. Goes along with rule one in that the other player gets to decide what he does and if he wants to dodge the punch your guy threw. Again no auto hitting bullshit.)

3. THOU SHALL NOT STOMP ON ANOTHERS ENJOYMENT OF THE RP OR RPING IN GENERAL. I OR THE OTHER MODS SHALL SERIOUSLY WIPE THE FLOOR WITH YOU. AND I SHALL MAKE SURE IT IS A DIRTY FLOOR TOO.

4. This is freeform rp, so The duties the mods here is only to approve characters and WIPE THE DIRTY DIRTY FLOOR with those who break da rulz.

Now that is out of the way, time to make da plot.

Plot rulz

5. THOU SHALL USE ORIGINAL CHARACTERS. No, you cannot be Batman. Batman does not exist in this universe. Neither do the Avengers, or any other copywrited super. This is an original universe.

6. THIS SETTING IS FOR MEDIUM TO MEDIOCORE SUPERS. These guys are not the big leagues, they aren't saving the earth or taking on galatic threats. No one here can take Superman on in a fight. These guys are street level, Green Arrow, Hawk and Dove, Cloak and Dagger, Zatanna, Daredevil. These guys aren't the big powerhouses of the universe, these guys are the supers on the streets, the guys who patrol a section of a city like the Bronx, rarely a whole city, or a town. They are out their to protect their neck of the woods, the big picture is just to much for them. If you want to make a really powerful character, your going to need a very good explanation to convince me to let him in.

7. THOU SHALL NOT BE A 90'S DEATH MACHINE. No Punisher type characters, supers that willy nilly kill the bad guys, or are gun toting maniac 'anti-heroes'. These are heroes that are that, heroes. They will never kill unless absolutely necessary and will always try to bring the bad guy to justice. If they killed someone, it should be a very very huge issue in their lives and backstory.

DA PLOT

Welcome to Super Mocha Café! The Café for street-level heroes of the world. It is a place for heroes to relax, hang out, shoot the shit, and drink the best darn cup of Joe. It is a place for heroes from all over the world to meet and have a good time while they save their small neck of the woods.

The Big named Hero's? Well, the elitist pricks have there own club, the Comet Club. No Supers allowed unless you saved the earth from an asteroid or some other ridiculous bullshit. Who needs them Anyway. SMC is better anyway, they don't have A'gah.

A'gah Swami'hal' Lian'chi (Everyone calls him A'gah) is a super genius Alien from space, owner of the Super Mocha Café, and used to be big time hero. He's the friendliest alien around, and pretty dam good at advice, as he's been there and done that. It is a well known fact his people have forbidden him to act directly as a hero and to directly involve himself in earth affairs anymore, a sentience he agrees with. Very few know the reason why, it was before their time, and A'gah is quite old in earth years.

Good thing his new helper is there to help keep him current. Alice Daun is a spunky teen and worker at the café with the power to control glass. This is her part time job and she loves working here, the 16 year old a little bit of a chatter mouth and has a deep love for sports.

These two are the main workers of the café, the rest is maintained by bots 24/7 as the place is open to everyone, everywhere that has received a card, usually from a patron of the café giving another small time hero a place to shoot the shit.

Welcome to SUPER MOCHA CAFE!

Character Template

General Information

Name: Name of the Character.
Sexual Preference: Straight? Homosexual? Bi? Curved?
Place of birth: Where was your character born?

Physical Appearance

Picture: Optional, a picture of your character. Going for more realistic tone, try to avoid anime.
Description: Give a description of your character. No look at picture. Give me height, weight, eye color, hair color, body type: etc.
Clothing/Armor: What do you generally wear? Casual wear and Super uniform(if they have one) please in separate paragraphs.

Personality

Dislikes: Give at least three
Fear(s): What is your character afraid of.
Goal(s): What is your character striving for, what is their big motivation.
General personality: What's your character like? Looking for at least a paragraph here.

Other

History: History of your character. A general summary of their life, doesn't need to be more than a paragraph long as long as it covers important events, though I generally expect two paragraphs.

Powers

Power/Abilities Information
Base of Power: (Telepathic, Cosmic, Magic, Metamorphic, Mutant, ect, ect, describe the origin)

Origins:
Powers and Abilities: (Character's abilities, self explanatory)
Weaknesses: (Character's weaknesses, self explanatory)
Equipment: (What does your character carry around, and/or commonly use?)

Once you've finished the character and I've gotten a look at it and Accepted it, feel free to post in the ICC, and have fun Very Happy

Back to top Go down
Erie, Man of Danger
Paranaturalist
Erie, Man of Danger

PostSubject: Re: Super Mocha Cafe! (OCC)   Super Mocha Cafe! (OCC) Icon_minitimeSun May 18, 2014 11:11 pm

For those of you that are confused, feel free to ask questions, and I'll happily answer them.

Odd powers are totes welcome, I'd love to see cool or silly powers that are actually badass if used correct and are in fact encouraged. You be surprised how effect a person whose only ability is to turn into a classic mail box and back is.
Back to top Go down
Soroya123
Paranaturalist
Soroya123

PostSubject: Re: Super Mocha Cafe! (OCC)   Super Mocha Cafe! (OCC) Icon_minitimeMon May 19, 2014 1:15 am

DELETE

Last edited by Soroya123 on Mon May 19, 2014 2:23 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://soroya123.tumblr.com/
Soroya123
Paranaturalist
Soroya123

PostSubject: Re: Super Mocha Cafe! (OCC)   Super Mocha Cafe! (OCC) Icon_minitimeMon May 19, 2014 1:27 am

http://powerlisting.wikia.com/wiki/Meta_Teleportation Some power like this is way overpowered right?
http://powerlisting.wikia.com/wiki/Remote_Teleportation But is this okay or still to overpowered/
Back to top Go down
Erie, Man of Danger
Paranaturalist
Erie, Man of Danger

PostSubject: Re: Super Mocha Cafe! (OCC)   Super Mocha Cafe! (OCC) Icon_minitimeMon May 19, 2014 3:28 am

Both are heavily overpowered. I would need very detailed and very defined limitations to even consider remote teleportation. What's to stop ya from just telefragging people? (Forcing two objects into the same space) or just ripping people apart without lifting a muscle and in an instant by teleporting someones brain or heart.

Even the non-lethal ways would make any confrontation with the character boring. Poof, your in the ocean a million miles away. I win. That meteor barreling towards earth? Pssssssssssssshawwwwww, I took care of that seconds ago, teleported it out of the way.

Both are essentially God-like. Nightcrawler's teleportation would be as far as I would be will to go.
Back to top Go down
Baron Von Aardvark
Paranaturalist
Baron Von Aardvark

PostSubject: Re: Super Mocha Cafe! (OCC)   Super Mocha Cafe! (OCC) Icon_minitimeMon May 19, 2014 4:34 am

New guys, don't be afraid to join in on this. It's a lot of fun, and we'd love to have you.
Back to top Go down
Baron Von Aardvark
Paranaturalist
Baron Von Aardvark

PostSubject: Re: Super Mocha Cafe! (OCC)   Super Mocha Cafe! (OCC) Icon_minitimeMon May 19, 2014 6:26 pm

Still working on most of the app, but I figure I'll leave this part here for now so we can get it out of the way.

--------------------------------------------

Powers and Abilities: Can alter his body between three states; normal, indestructibility, and intangibility. He can alter either his full body, or just certain parts. As long as one part of his body is intangible, he's unaffected by gravity. This isn't risk free, though- his powers only affect himself, and they affect himself fully. When he goes full intangible, it's awfully hard to hold onto weapons, clothes, gear, and other such things. Likewise, making himself too hard will make it awfully hard for blood to flow. And he's not good enough at controlling it yet to only alter his skin. Mercifully, vital organs will function even when fully hardened, though muscles will not.
Turning himself into a statue is great for defensive purposes, but he can only do it for so long before blood deprivation sets in; and if he wants to use the power offensively he's limited to using hardened body parts as bludgeons. Unless he's creative with it, of course.
Back to top Go down
Soroya123
Paranaturalist
Soroya123

PostSubject: Re: Super Mocha Cafe! (OCC)   Super Mocha Cafe! (OCC) Icon_minitimeTue May 20, 2014 3:06 am

Well for the teleportation thing I was going to have it limited to what she can see. So to teleport to the middle of the ocean she would have to be within sight of the ocean, or to teleport an object she has to see the object. Pictures don't work and the farther away something is the harder it is to teleport (cause judging distance and weight and a whole bunch of other math I don't want to think about. It's hard.) She would be able to do it, but it could have so many ways that it's not really worth it (the limit of her "no risk of telefragging" distance is about 20 feet. Thirty if she knows the object well like in her house, teleporting her computer {just an example. Her house is not thirty feet across.} anything beyond that risks telefragging in higher and higher degrees).
She could in theory teleport into some place she can't see, but since her teleportation is limited by sight (and when she tried it with a doll it got stuck headfirst through a wall) she is not willing to risk it.
Also she has to stay calm. Like if she's all jittery she can't teleport accurately and/or she teleports randomly. Like if she were to get extremely hyper, two things can occur:
1. She accidentally teleports herself partially into something
2. She starts almost flash stepping (short distance teleportation in quick succession) and could telefrag.
Also happens if she were to become angry or to have any other extremely powerful emotions.
She also can't get distracted. Loud sudden noises or something of the sort that happens when she's about to teleport would distract her and could make her telefrag. (I was planning for the hero get up to have really really good sound cancelling headphones.)
I was hoping to have http://powerlisting.wikia.com/wiki/Spatial_Expansion (basically she won't telefrag herself into raindrops or nothing) So she doesn't have to take into account dust particles and such, but it's really only limited to maybe and inch off her skin, and just dispeals any smaller particles. Anything with bigger mass and she's in trouble. Like, say a wall, window or bird. If she were to try teleporting into a pool she would find herself filled with water in all parts of her body all at once. It would be ugly. Enough limitations or do I need more?
Back to top Go down
Erie, Man of Danger
Paranaturalist
Erie, Man of Danger

PostSubject: Re: Super Mocha Cafe! (OCC)   Super Mocha Cafe! (OCC) Icon_minitimeTue May 20, 2014 11:03 am

Baron Von Aardvark wrote:
Still working on most of the app, but I figure I'll leave this part here for now so we can get it out of the way.

--------------------------------------------

Powers and Abilities: Can alter his body between three states; normal, indestructibility, and intangibility. He can alter either his full body, or just certain parts. As long as one part of his body is intangible, he's unaffected by gravity. This isn't risk free, though- his powers only affect himself, and they affect himself fully. When he goes full intangible, it's awfully hard to hold onto weapons, clothes, gear, and other such things. Likewise, making himself too hard will make it awfully hard for blood to flow. And he's not good enough at controlling it yet to only alter his skin. Mercifully, vital organs will function even when fully hardened, though muscles will not.
Turning himself into a statue is great for defensive purposes, but he can only do it for so long before blood deprivation sets in; and if he wants to use the power offensively he's limited to using hardened body parts as bludgeons. Unless he's creative with it, of course.

I'm going to say no on 'indestructible' but yes to 'very very dense'. Dense enough to stop firearms from making him swiss cheese, yes. But indestructible, no. He gets hit by something strong or powerful enough, he's going to break. Remember, trying to go for low powered heroes here.

Also note that Intangibility will not protect him from heat, sound, or any other such energy based attacks.

Other than that, All I need to see would be a power base which will help show where he got his powers and how they possibly work.

Soroya123 wrote:
Well for the teleportation thing I was going to have it limited to what she can see. So to teleport to the middle of the ocean she would have to be within sight of the ocean, or to teleport an object she has to see the object. Pictures don't work and the farther away something is the harder it is to teleport (cause judging distance and weight and a whole bunch of other math I don't want to think about. It's hard.) She would be able to do it, but it could have so many ways that it's not really worth it (the limit of her "no risk of telefragging" distance is about 20 feet. Thirty if she knows the object well like in her house, teleporting her computer {just an example. Her house is not thirty feet across.} anything beyond that risks telefragging in higher and higher degrees).
She could in theory teleport into some place she can't see, but since her teleportation is limited by sight (and when she tried it with a doll it got stuck headfirst through a wall) she is not willing to risk it.
Also she has to stay calm. Like if she's all jittery she can't teleport accurately and/or she teleports randomly. Like if she were to get extremely hyper, two things can occur:
1. She accidentally teleports herself partially into something
2. She starts almost flash stepping (short distance teleportation in quick succession) and could telefrag.
Also happens if she were to become angry or to have any other extremely powerful emotions.
She also can't get distracted. Loud sudden noises or something of the sort that happens when she's about to teleport would distract her and could make her telefrag. (I was planning for the hero get up to have really really good sound cancelling headphones.)
I was hoping to have http://powerlisting.wikia.com/wiki/Spatial_Expansion (basically she won't telefrag herself into raindrops or nothing) So she doesn't have to take into account dust particles and such, but it's really only limited to maybe and inch off her skin, and just dispeals any smaller particles. Anything with bigger mass and she's in trouble. Like, say a wall, window or bird. If she were to try teleporting into a pool she would find herself filled with water in all parts of her body all at once. It would be ugly. Enough limitations or do I need more?

Soroya, I was trying to say nicely no and its not likely your going to convince me to change my mind. 

Teleporting someone without contact even just with a glance is far far to powerful. Even on a small scale it is devastating. I teleported this pencil into your brain, or I just teleported your head off.

Nightcrawler is as far as I'm willing to go for a porter. Has to teleport by sight or risks telefragging, has a maximum weight limit of occupants of roughly one or 2 people, which tires them out and causes pain, he has to take the whole thing, he has to come with and has to be in physical contact.

It gives an opponent a chance to actually defend themselves.
Back to top Go down
Baron Von Aardvark
Paranaturalist
Baron Von Aardvark

PostSubject: Re: Super Mocha Cafe! (OCC)   Super Mocha Cafe! (OCC) Icon_minitimeTue May 20, 2014 4:58 pm

Yeah, both those caveats are completely reasonable. I'll add them in.
Back to top Go down
Soroya123
Paranaturalist
Soroya123

PostSubject: Re: Super Mocha Cafe! (OCC)   Super Mocha Cafe! (OCC) Icon_minitimeTue May 20, 2014 10:37 pm

Ah sorry sorry I am bad at reading cues...sorry sorry sorry...
Ok I'll drop teleportation. The more I think about it, the more overpowered it seems.
Which leaves me with a substantial list of 8 others. I don't know if any of them are over powered, cause I have no idea. (I have the ability of cluelessness and stupidity. Please forgive me :/ ) Could you check over the list if I PM it to you?
Back to top Go down
Erie, Man of Danger
Paranaturalist
Erie, Man of Danger

PostSubject: Re: Super Mocha Cafe! (OCC)   Super Mocha Cafe! (OCC) Icon_minitimeTue May 20, 2014 10:58 pm

Yes I could, Don't worry, I'm not trying to be mean or anything. I just tend to be either to nice or to blunt.

You can pm me the list and I look it over when I get the chance. I also fully encourage unusual or seemingly lame powers and making them cool.

Back to top Go down
Spidey
Spectral
Spidey

PostSubject: Re: Super Mocha Cafe! (OCC)   Super Mocha Cafe! (OCC) Icon_minitimeWed May 21, 2014 4:42 pm

S' this?

might make a reptile mutant, sort of akin to a spiderman esque character
Back to top Go down
Soroya123
Paranaturalist
Soroya123

PostSubject: Re: Super Mocha Cafe! (OCC)   Super Mocha Cafe! (OCC) Icon_minitimeSat May 31, 2014 1:14 pm

Name: Beth Lively
Sexual Preference: Straight
Place of birth: California

Physical Appearance

Picture: at a later date….

Description:

Height: 5” 6’ (or whatever. I always get “ mixed up with ‘)
Weight: 120 lbs.
Eye color: Hazel
Hair color: Dark brown, pixie cut
Body Build: Petite.

Clothing/Armor
Casual wear: Comfy Sneakers, jeans, loose shirt, noise canceling headphones glasses and some kind of cardigan

Super uniform: Tinted goggles and contacts, blonde wig, white blouse, high combat boots or rollerblades, tight fitting black pants, Knee and elbow guards, Paintball chest armor (under the blouse) and noise canceling headphones

Reasons for such a get up:
Tinted goggles: She read somewhere that people can recognize others mostly because of the eye zone and surrounding areas. So she covers up.
Contacts: Because she can’t see otherwise
Personality

Likes: Spoons (particularly metal or wood), music, learning, using spoons for spoony things (like eating soup), reading
Dislikes: plastic spoons (the cheap fast food kind), bullies, loud noises.
Fear(s): Rats, failing school.
Goal(s): Find a giant spoon, do well in school, help others
General personality: She’s very quiet, tends to hang back from large crowds. She only has a few close friends and they are all very quiet. She cannot stand bullies and will stand up for anybody if she sees them being bullied in anyway. She doesn’t make big scene with noise, but with her gestures and actions. As a result of being attacked and not being able to defend herself, she learned (from her parents, and eventually from a boxing teacher) how to defend herself. So, not only can she stand her ground against a verbal assault, she can withstand a physical assault as well. She’s not well trained, so against a trained professional or just a regular student she would lose badly, but she can for sure hit hard and fast, and take a hefty punch to the face. Beth loves reading. Mostly fiction, because she can loose herself in the stories, but also educational books as well, due to her passion for learning. Everything is interesting to her. She loves to know how something works, and if sufficiently fascinated, will spend a long time reading up on the object/objects in question. She remembers the things she finds very important (a lot of stories, made up languages, and random facts) and tends to forget things she doesn’t consider important (the date, when to eat, what she just said etc.) She can be a bit of an airhead, but she really does know her stuff (when she DOES know the stuff).

Other

History:
Beth had a rather poor upbringing when she was very little, and her parents were a little weird. They could not stay in one job for very long as they tended to aggravate their employers with voodoo stuff. They would also insist on using utensils but really only metal because plastic was cheap and below them, even though they only had knives and forks. She attended school sparingly, but threw herself into learning, and reading. She would often go to the public library and read for hours before going home. It distracted from hunger, and she could tuck herself away in a corner with a pile of books where nobody would poke fun at how her shoes were all dirty and either too big or too small,  how dirty her face and hands were or push her around just because she was small. She hated being singled out and bullied, and one day stood up for herself gloriously on the playground, she struck back at the bullies when they tried to push her to the ground, and yelled loudly for all to hear, including several nearby teachers. The bullies were given suspension, but they followed her after school and saw fit for a little “poetic justice”. Because she had been so loud, they in response beat her while yelling and blasting loud music in her ears, banging on trash can lids and such. Making as much noise as possible. To this day, loud noises are something that she can’t tolerate, as it reminds her of the fear she felt during that attack.

The city became much too noisy for Beth. The constant honking of horns, ambulances and general loudness of people made it so she could not really function. Her parents then made the decision to move to a more rural area, so she could actually function. They moved to a medium town with a population of 187,593. They managed to find a steady job each (dad: Construction. Mom: History Teacher for elementary students) So they finally got some money, and to celebrate they ate at a diner, and Beth beheld a spoon for the first time and became utterly fascinated. The shape! The reflection! The numerous things you could do with a spoon! She loved it!

Her parents never gave her vaccines, but only homeopathic remedies and some weird voodoo and they had some whack obsession with metal (hence the lack of plastic utensils used in childhood. Wood was okay, but metal was superior. So they only used metal). They wanted to make her strong and they believed metal to be the best. They tried to do a voodoo ritual on her after they finally got money to buy materials (shortly after Beth saw spoons for the first time ever.). It was all going well until the live lizard they were supposed to use died from fear before added to the weird voodoo potion. they made her chug it after completion and it WAS supposed to give her telekinesis, but it failed and instead gave her unique control over an object of interest. IE spoons. Thus was born Spoon girl.

Powers

Base of Power: Voodoo

Powers and Abilities: Spoon manipulation, can control up to 20 spoons within a 15 foot radius of herself. Can move them with her voodoo powers at fast speeds, Can increase their tensile strength. She is most effective with metal spoons, than wooden or plastic spoons. Wooden spoons are still better than plastic though. Plastic is by far a stretch of her abilities. And she really hates ‘em. (again specifically the fast food joint kinds, although she does have trouble with the ones you use at Japanese restaurants typically just because they are plastic)

Also she’s pretty good at lipreading, but that’s not really a superpower.

Weaknesses: She can’t take loud noises. To the point where, if a place is loud enough for examples Rock concerts, crowded malls, or even a busy and crowded street. She will not be able to function. She will find and curl up in a corner and cover her ears, or get out as fast as she can. Which is why she has noise canceling headphones, so she can continue going about her day if it gets loud. But she has to lip read if she puts em on. And she also can't hear if somebody’s coming up behind her if she has them on, so she has to be wary.
Also if she’s not wearing her glasses or contacts her eyesight is pretty poor. Hard to see more than 10 feet in front of her.

Equipment: Spoons. So many spoons. And a light messenger bag. For all her spoons.

Is this okay? I'll fix it if needed? (I hope it's okay...)
Back to top Go down
Erie, Man of Danger
Paranaturalist
Erie, Man of Danger

PostSubject: Re: Super Mocha Cafe! (OCC)   Super Mocha Cafe! (OCC) Icon_minitimeSat May 31, 2014 1:52 pm

Needs a little more description, like a sentience or two describing her ethnicity, skin tone, any distinct features like scars, tattoos, piercings, etc, and maybe her facial structure (small nose, big nose, attractive, plain, some other lovely descriptors) If ya don't have a picture, ya need to be more detailed on the description.

Change the Base of Power to 'Magic/Telekinesis', cause that covers Voodoo and the fact they emulate telekinesis.

Other than that, Its all good
Back to top Go down
Soroya123
Paranaturalist
Soroya123

PostSubject: Re: Super Mocha Cafe! (OCC)   Super Mocha Cafe! (OCC) Icon_minitimeSat May 31, 2014 3:43 pm

Exclamation delete  Exclamation 

Last edited by Soroya123 on Sat May 31, 2014 3:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Soroya123
Paranaturalist
Soroya123

PostSubject: Re: Super Mocha Cafe! (OCC)   Super Mocha Cafe! (OCC) Icon_minitimeSat May 31, 2014 3:55 pm

Red marks editions. Es bueno?

Name: Beth Lively
Sexual Preference: Straight
Place of birth: California
Race: Human, Asian (mother) and Caucasian (father).

Physical Appearance

Picture: at a later date….

Description:

Height: 5” 6’ (or whatever. I always get “ mixed up with ‘)
Weight: 120 lbs.
Eye color: Hazel
Hair color: Dark brown, pixie cut
Body Build: Petite.

Has small scars on her back from when she got attacked by a bunch of kids.
One piercing per ear. Keeping it simple. Too many risks recognition.
Small nose (kinda buttonish)
She looks pretty average on a normal bases, but she can really turn heads if she dresses up big time.
Small face. (like my avatar's face)

Clothing/Armor
Casual wear: Comfy Sneakers, jeans, loose shirt, noise canceling headphones glasses and some kind of cardigan

Super uniform: Tinted goggles and contacts, blonde wig, white blouse, high combat boots or rollerblades, tight fitting black pants, Knee and elbow guards, Paintball chest armor (under the blouse) and noise canceling headphones

Reasons for such a get up:
Tinted goggles: She read somewhere that people can recognize others mostly because of the eye zone and surrounding areas. So she covers up.
Contacts: Because she can’t see otherwise
Personality

Likes: Spoons (particularly metal or wood), music, learning, using spoons for spoony things (like eating soup), reading
Dislikes: plastic spoons (the cheap fast food kind), bullies, loud noises.
Fear(s): Rats, failing school.
Goal(s): Find a giant spoon, do well in school, help others
General personality: She’s very quiet, tends to hang back from large crowds. She only has a few close friends and they are all very quiet. She cannot stand bullies and will stand up for anybody if she sees them being bullied in anyway. She doesn’t make big scene with noise, but with her gestures and actions. As a result of being attacked and not being able to defend herself, she learned (from her parents, and eventually from a boxing teacher) how to defend herself. So, not only can she stand her ground against a verbal assault, she can withstand a physical assault as well. She’s not well trained, so against a trained professional or just a regular student she would lose badly, but she can for sure hit hard and fast, and take a hefty punch to the face. Beth loves reading. Mostly fiction, because she can loose herself in the stories, but also educational books as well, due to her passion for learning. Everything is interesting to her. She loves to know how something works, and if sufficiently fascinated, will spend a long time reading up on the object/objects in question. She remembers the things she finds very important (a lot of stories, made up languages, and random facts) and tends to forget things she doesn’t consider important (the date, when to eat, what she just said etc.) She can be a bit of an airhead, but she really does know her stuff (when she DOES know the stuff).

Other

History:
Beth had a rather poor upbringing when she was very little, and her parents were a little weird. They could not stay in one job for very long as they tended to aggravate their employers with voodoo stuff. They would also insist on using utensils but really only metal because plastic was cheap and below them, even though they only had knives and forks. She attended school sparingly, but threw herself into learning, and reading. She would often go to the public library and read for hours before going home. It distracted from hunger, and she could tuck herself away in a corner with a pile of books where nobody would poke fun at how her shoes were all dirty and either too big or too small,  how dirty her face and hands were or push her around just because she was small. She hated being singled out and bullied, and one day stood up for herself gloriously on the playground, she struck back at the bullies when they tried to push her to the ground, and yelled loudly for all to hear, including several nearby teachers. The bullies were given suspension, but they followed her after school and saw fit for a little “poetic justice”. Because she had been so loud, they in response beat her while yelling and blasting loud music in her ears, banging on trash can lids and such. Making as much noise as possible. To this day, loud noises are something that she can’t tolerate, as it reminds her of the fear she felt during that attack.

The city became much too noisy for Beth. The constant honking of horns, ambulances and general loudness of people made it so she could not really function. Her parents then made the decision to move to a more rural area, so she could actually function. They moved to a medium town with a population of 187,593. They managed to find a steady job each (dad: Construction. Mom: History Teacher for elementary students) So they finally got some money, and to celebrate they ate at a diner, and Beth beheld a spoon for the first time and became utterly fascinated. The shape! The reflection! The numerous things you could do with a spoon! She loved it!

Her parents never gave her vaccines, but only homeopathic remedies and some weird voodoo and they had some whack obsession with metal (hence the lack of plastic utensils used in childhood. Wood was okay, but metal was superior. So they only used metal). They wanted to make her strong and they believed metal to be the best. They tried to do a voodoo ritual on her after they finally got money to buy materials (shortly after Beth saw spoons for the first time ever.). It was all going well until the live lizard they were supposed to use died from fear before added to the weird voodoo potion. they made her chug it after completion and it WAS supposed to give her telekinesis, but it failed and instead gave her unique control over an object of interest. IE spoons. Thus was born Spoon girl.

Powers

Base of Power: Magic/Telekinesis

Powers and Abilities: Spoon manipulation, can control up to 20 spoons within a 15 foot radius of herself. Can move them with her voodoo powers at fast speeds, Can increase their tensile strength. She is most effective with metal spoons, than wooden or plastic spoons. Wooden spoons are still better than plastic though. Plastic is by far a stretch of her abilities. And she really hates ‘em. (again specifically the fast food joint kinds, although she does have trouble with the ones you use at Japanese restaurants typically just because they are plastic)

Also she’s pretty good at lipreading, but that’s not really a superpower.

Weaknesses: She can’t take loud noises. To the point where, if a place is loud enough for examples Rock concerts, crowded malls, or even a busy and crowded street. She will not be able to function. She will find and curl up in a corner and cover her ears, or get out as fast as she can. Which is why she has noise canceling headphones, so she can continue going about her day if it gets loud. But she has to lip read if she puts em on. And she also can't hear if somebody’s coming up behind her if she has them on, so she has to be wary.
Also if she’s not wearing her glasses or contacts her eyesight is pretty poor. Hard to see more than 10 feet in front of her.

Equipment: Spoons. So many spoons. And a light messenger bag. For all her spoons.
Back to top Go down
Baron Von Aardvark
Paranaturalist
Baron Von Aardvark

PostSubject: Re: Super Mocha Cafe! (OCC)   Super Mocha Cafe! (OCC) Icon_minitimeSat May 31, 2014 4:27 pm

Interesting character. Any chance her powers are Blue Raja inspired?

Also, there are noise cancelling headphones that are normally disengaged, but automatically switch themselves on when a loud noise reaches them, So you can keep them on all the time without worrying. Perhaps she should upgrade?
Back to top Go down
Soroya123
Paranaturalist
Soroya123

PostSubject: Re: Super Mocha Cafe! (OCC)   Super Mocha Cafe! (OCC) Icon_minitimeSat May 31, 2014 5:55 pm

I was not aware those exsisted. She is SO upgrading. Thank you Von! (Her powers are slightly Blue Raja inspired. Wink )
Back to top Go down
Erie, Man of Danger
Paranaturalist
Erie, Man of Danger

PostSubject: Re: Super Mocha Cafe! (OCC)   Super Mocha Cafe! (OCC) Icon_minitimeSat May 31, 2014 10:16 pm

Accepted Soroya, you may post in Super Mocha Café anytime. (I would note the goggles and the headphones would be considered as 'gear' as they preform a function rather than just being cosmetic, but that's a minor point.)
Back to top Go down
Baron Von Aardvark
Paranaturalist
Baron Von Aardvark

PostSubject: Re: Super Mocha Cafe! (OCC)   Super Mocha Cafe! (OCC) Icon_minitimeSun Jun 01, 2014 9:06 pm

I'll be finished with mine soonish. I just can't stop tweaking his personality and history sections.
Back to top Go down
Spidey
Spectral
Spidey

PostSubject: Re: Super Mocha Cafe! (OCC)   Super Mocha Cafe! (OCC) Icon_minitimeMon Jun 02, 2014 11:41 pm

internet is back YAY, thingie will be posted tomorrow (im on a tablet now but i wrote it up on my laptop while the net was off.
Back to top Go down
Baron Von Aardvark
Paranaturalist
Baron Von Aardvark

PostSubject: Re: Super Mocha Cafe! (OCC)   Super Mocha Cafe! (OCC) Icon_minitimeTue Jun 03, 2014 12:26 am

Check out the "Sandboxing Supers" thread Spider, you might be interested in what's going on there.
Back to top Go down
Spidey
Spectral
Spidey

PostSubject: Re: Super Mocha Cafe! (OCC)   Super Mocha Cafe! (OCC) Icon_minitimeWed Jun 04, 2014 10:52 am

Name: Konnor Fullwood

Sexual Preference: Straight? (that question mark is there for a reason)

Place of birth: Wakefeild, England, UK

Physical Appearance

Description: Standing at a meager 5'9 with a weight of 125 lbs, for a hero, or for that matter, even a teenager, Konnor looks meek, scrawny, and pretty much the last guy you;d expect to run around the city putting his neck on the line for the granny purse, the store thats being robbed, and the occasional D-list villain.

Eyes: Oddly bright green

Skin tone: mixed between african and asian american, giving his skin a very light tan skin tone closer to the brown side.

Hair:Shaved down, dyed jet black aside from the lower portion of his hair on the back of his head descending towards his neck, which is his natural color of deep dark brown.

Clothing: A never buttoned, green and black, plaid shirt(with some kind of typical pop culture shirt under the plaid one), and a pair of black jean shorts, even when its freezing

Uniform: (Remember those X men leather suits? good) After spending literal days, sewing, Konnor's suit is made of custom Under Armor type athletic shirt and pants, coupled with green lines that run down the shoulders of his suit to form a large "V" shape with a black geko in green circle. (think of those lines that were all over the X-men's jackets.) Because he lacks boots and he wanted to keep with his theme of black and green, he wears a pair of tall black converse boots, with green laces.
Under his arms folded up finely are a pair of unfold-able gliding wings, which are green and his main way of navigating the city.

Personality :

Playfully mean: with everyone, he likes to leave little pranks with no one able to prove it was him and get away with it Scott free, usually on those who tend to try to humiliate him in public.

Sarcastic to a fault: he's the type of person that tends to piss off the higher ups from his inability to not try to make a joke out of everything

Slacker: tends to hold off on doing anything he isn't planning on doing.

Clever: Despite being lazy, he does have a crafty wit to his methodology, whether it be for mere jokes or getting out of a bind.

Naive: Takes on life as if he were the main character in some grand story of sorts, and this can tend to make him sometimes overlook danger.

Selfish: Konnor has no parent who died because of his actions, or a painful back story, his only real motivations for being a hero are money and fame, its the only real reason he puts up with fighting minor criminals for now.

Irrritable: Due to the unstable nature of his powers, freshly after use Konnor's mood is subject to violent swings, which fade after a time has passed.

Likes: Attention, Retribution, Acknowledgement, Soul, Punk, Hip Hop, Alternative,Cooking, Gymnastics,

Dislikes: Being ignored, Being shamed, Seeing others rewarded, Waiting, getting caught being goofy

Fear(s): Losing what makes him special (his powers). Losing control of what makes him special and becoming some kind of giant mutated creature.

Goal(s): To become a well established, generally loved hero, with a public identity

General personality:

Konnor is selfish, self obsessed, a little obnoxious, and more than a bully to the criminals he fights. However Konnor does have a sense of right and wrong, and doesn't use his powers for any criminal activities, and beleives that if a criminal commits a crime, then they earned getting their face punched in. Konnor is a big showoff, often trying to impress everyone, either indirectly , or blatantly, and very often this leads to trouble. He is also a big believer in love, he wants the perfect partner, but to him the perfect partner is someone who exists solely for his sake and he has been heard admitting he'd date an android if it looked good enough and practically worshiped the ground he walked on. Exhibiting a bit of an attitude (especially when he feels challenged or insulted) When he talks, cockiness oozes from his mouth, and after a fresh use of his powers, becomes quick to anger. When Konnor thinks he is alone however, or is just really comfortable around whomever he is with, he will relax and enter a more goofball and playful nature.

Other

History: Raised in Wakefield, Konnor had an easy life, Wakefield didn't even have supers, it had a sort of batman esque hero, but he was really just some poster boy cop that was really just the face of the city, and rarely did anything. When he turned 15, Konnor got a job as a delivery boy to support his family and pull his weight in the home. Sometime later while he was delivering a Stromboli to some big corporate office, at the same time they were being attacked by bio terrorists, with a gas that was going to turn everyone into mindless bestial slaves, unbeknownst to Konnor, 17 other locations in wakefield full of people had been hit.

Before his eyes and to his own terror, Konnor watched as his skin shed to reveal scales underneath and his teeth stretched into fangs, the change was too much for him and he passed out, waking up several days later in the hospital to find no changes on his body, Konnor began to wonder if it was all a dream only to grab the metal cup the nurse had handed him, and crush it as if it were Styrofoam. More and more strange and shocking revalations about what his body could now do continued coming to him, as it now did to many others, no longer just a normal human, but now a reptilian mutant Konnor donned his makeshift super suit and was one of the first to fight against the mutants with much darker ambitions.

With the entire city going mad, buildings being destroyed and lives being lost every time two supers fought it was only a matter of time until Konnor's mother insisted they move back to America, a place they had left to get away from supers. Where Konnor went, Reptile followed , and his father was one of the first to surmise just who his son really was, and has come to terms with it. Thanks to the machinations of his father and he, however, his mother believes Konnor simply has a connection to Reptile, and insists he breaks it off before it leads him into danger.

Powers: Mutate

Base of Power: Mutant with Reptilian Physiology (Note this character is actually a pre-existing character of mine)

Origins: thanks to an act of failed bio terrorism the gas that should have turned Konnor into a large leaping lizard, has instead mutated him and allowed him to access the abilities of a reptile through his DNA

Powers and Abilities: Bear with me, reptiles have alot of abilities ( Some of which can only be used the further he goes into the stages of turning into a reptile which will be marked 1-5(five being too far gone to turn back.))

S-1 :Wall crawling : microscopic satae line Konnor's fingers to allow him to easily scale surfaces

S-1 : Olympian level strength: At stage one Konnor can lift 590 lbs and handle a max of

755lbs

S-1 : Super human agility: When moving, he is incredibly agile and has grace , even in mid air.

S-1 : Reflexes : While not superhuman, thanks to minor experiance Reptile has above average reflexes to respond to threats

S-1 : Regeneration : Slow regenartive abilities, a limb will take a few weeks, a hand a few days, a finger a few hours, cuts and bullet wounds may take hours, minutes, or seconds depending on how severe the damage is.

S-1 : Camaflouge : Blends in with his surroundings

S-2 : Night Vision: Able to see in the dark fairly easilly

S-2 : Galloping : Enhances speed

S-2 : Prehensile tongue: Able to provide enhanced smelling and stertch out to the length of 2.7 feet

S-2 : Super Strength : Konnor's strength kicks up another notch allowing him to lift 1000 lbs with ease and hold a max of 2.5 tons

S-3 : Claws: Able to claw through concrete and dent metallic frame work

S-3 : Enhanced bite: His teeth, they be sharp yo, and can bite through stone.

S-3 : Mongoloid Strength: sacrificing sanity, now his strength kicks up a final time to a max of 5 tons.

S-4 : Prehensile Tail: Able to smash through wood doors and thin walls

S-4 : Dermal armor: Provides enough protection to deflect the common type of pistol rounds, but only on his back.

S-5 : Gigantic Lizard: This one is kind of self explanatory

Weaknesses:

Pride : his pride can sometimes lead him to misjudge or underestimate others, or overestimate himself.

Naivety : His inexperience and treatment of everything as if it were a game leads him into calamity

Cold : Makes him sluggish, and tired, to the point that too much cold will put him to sleep.

Low intelligence: The more he becomes a reptile the less intelligence he exhibits

Risk of tranformation : The more powers he uses and the more often he uses them,  the faster he changes

Sanity wains: once stage 3 hits he begins to lose himself.

Revertion: Once stage 4 hits, he is a rampaging beast and must be rendered unconcious to turn back.

Irrational Irritability: He is very quick to anger., and bad at being at the other side of the joke, making him easy to trick.

Limited power usage: Limited use of 1 power means a solid 30 minutes of power usage before entering stage two, two at the same time means fifteen, etc, etc . . .

Equipment: Modified form of a paraglider to glide around the city after performing a jump with the aid of the super strength in his legs, that can fold up onto the side of his torso or leg when not in use to stay out of the way.

(I think im done? not sure so lemme know)

Last edited by SpiderVoodoo on Wed Jun 04, 2014 4:04 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
Erie, Man of Danger
Paranaturalist
Erie, Man of Danger

PostSubject: Re: Super Mocha Cafe! (OCC)   Super Mocha Cafe! (OCC) Icon_minitimeWed Jun 04, 2014 11:19 am

Whew that's complicated.

1. Power bases are generic terms, not specific ones. This is a minor error, just Change his power base from "Reptilian Physiology" to "Mutant". The power base is what suppose to be a general category and a decent guide on what his power comes from, thats all, no biggy.

2. Here's my major problem, him lifting 10-15 tonnes. I believe as I said before this was for minor heroes, not the big leagues. !0-15 tonnes is ridiculous and I then must question why he wouldn't be in the big leagues with that destructive potential. My second problem with it is that it makes absolute no sense coming from 'reptilian' powers. Reptiles are not known for being stronger then then what their body weight would normally limit, in fact pretty generic in that category, not known for their reflexes either, but I can let that slide as the enhanced reflexes sound to be olympic level and not superhuman. Reptiles are known for poisons, camouflage, regeneration, and with komodo dragons, bacteria filled saliva.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Super Mocha Cafe! (OCC)   Super Mocha Cafe! (OCC) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Super Mocha Cafe! (OCC)

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next