The Activity Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Activity Club

For the fans of Zack Morrison's webcomic Paranatural.

PortalHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Top posters
Erie, Man of Danger
Paranatural RP Redux: Discussion and OOC - Page 3 Vote_lcapParanatural RP Redux: Discussion and OOC - Page 3 Voting_barParanatural RP Redux: Discussion and OOC - Page 3 Vote_rcap 
Wealthy Lord Asssprite
Paranatural RP Redux: Discussion and OOC - Page 3 Vote_lcapParanatural RP Redux: Discussion and OOC - Page 3 Voting_barParanatural RP Redux: Discussion and OOC - Page 3 Vote_rcap 
Soroya123
NinjaKitten
Baron Von Aardvark
Spidey
Leo M. R.
W!tch
Westbrook
tylerouzts
Latest topics
» Chapter Seven
Paranatural RP Redux: Discussion and OOC - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 20, 2021 10:11 pm by ThePyromaniac

» Hear me out... (BERG theory)
Paranatural RP Redux: Discussion and OOC - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 06, 2020 12:32 pm by janusjekyll

» Hello Activity Club
Paranatural RP Redux: Discussion and OOC - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 22, 2020 9:07 am by janusjekyll

» Non-specific Greeting
Paranatural RP Redux: Discussion and OOC - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 04, 2020 5:05 pm by Westbrook

» (slides in) Good Evening
Paranatural RP Redux: Discussion and OOC - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 03, 2020 4:51 pm by Clayview

» I shout into the void
Paranatural RP Redux: Discussion and OOC - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 03, 2020 4:49 pm by Clayview

Statistics
We have 325 registered users
The newest registered user is AL

Our users have posted a total of 14282 messages in 355 subjects
April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Paranatural RP Redux: Discussion and OOC

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Cosmophant
New Kid
Cosmophant

Paranatural RP Redux: Discussion and OOC - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Paranatural RP Redux: Discussion and OOC   Paranatural RP Redux: Discussion and OOC - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 04, 2014 9:23 am

Stonehaven is the town in which much of the rp is taking place so far. The possibility to expand it to other locales is still present in the future, however.

And you may, so long as it does not make your character over powered or unpleasant to rp with.

I should also mention to everyone else that I am not employing a post order so the plot doesn't get tangled up in one person not posting. You may post in whatever order you wish so long as you are responding to something and providing something to respond to.
Back to top Go down
http://cosmophant.tumblr.com
Lazybones
New Kid
Lazybones

PostSubject: Re: Paranatural RP Redux: Discussion and OOC   Paranatural RP Redux: Discussion and OOC - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 04, 2014 10:24 am

lol Erie, we've gotta get our characters to interact then! And any tips would be awesome if you wanna send them my way!!

I think I'll be able to work up an intro post today. Gotta take care of some family stuff first Smile
Back to top Go down
Baron Von Aardvark
Paranaturalist
Baron Von Aardvark

PostSubject: Re: Paranatural RP Redux: Discussion and OOC   Paranatural RP Redux: Discussion and OOC - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 05, 2014 1:31 pm

Ooh, cool choice of spirit, KoS. What powers do you envision for the Seven Scepters of Salutation?
Back to top Go down
KingOfStickers
New Kid
KingOfStickers

PostSubject: Re: Paranatural RP Redux: Discussion and OOC   Paranatural RP Redux: Discussion and OOC - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 05, 2014 1:48 pm

Hmmm. Well I have not actually decided yet. But I was thinking that some of the scepters can only be used at certain times.
For example, the blue scepter can use the power of the Crescent moon. It can control water.
Back to top Go down
Erie, Man of Danger
Paranaturalist
Erie, Man of Danger

PostSubject: Re: Paranatural RP Redux: Discussion and OOC   Paranatural RP Redux: Discussion and OOC - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 06, 2014 6:26 pm

(Hahahahah, put this in the wrong spot earlier. :p)

Erie's tips

(Disclaimer: This is not meant to point fingers at anyone. These are just tips. This disclaimer exists cause you know why.)

1. Dont be afraid to post!

There are generally 2 ways to do posting, a posting order, or free form. They both have merits, and Weaknesses. Free form has a particular weakness I have noticed. People get afraid to post or get stuck on waiting to post. Don't. Post and post often as you can, its a part of the strength of free form posting, there is no waiting in turn order for your turn. Now I'm not saying post after every single post, but if you have a post ready, go ahead to post, try to post at least once a day.

2. Avoid doing short posts like the plague.

In thread posting, quantity is very good, and in fact a pre-requisite for quality. The more you put into your post the better. I try to do at least 2-3 paragraphs per post.

Why? Because when one person starts doing shorter posts, its like a yawn, it catches on. One does it, then the next guy posts just as short or shorter. While the speed goes up, it can go up too quickly, leave people in the dust, and the quality and story often disappear due to lack of actual content. The other players get more to react to when you write, encouraging them to also have longer posts, as there is more for them to do. Also remember the more you write, the more there is to learn from your mistakes and improve, so write big!

2.a. Senses and thoughts.

Part of the cause of shorter posts I have learned is that people don't know what to post. Their character is passive or less active, not prone to doing things or more reactionary, or sometimes your out of stuff you want your character to do during the post. Don't forget the five senses, they can easily help you increase the quality and quantity of your posting.

Remember your character has thoughts feelings, can smell, see taste and touch. Describe these things as your character does what ever they are doing, always ask 'What are they thinking?' and write it as part of the post. Ask 'What do they see, what do they feel.'

2.a. Use your environment.

Another trick is to use the environment around you, describe it and the actions of random npcs around your character. Not only does this allow you to have more to your character to react to, it also makes it something that the other players react to. Remember this is a shared story, we are all the authors here.

I would use this trick sparingly and with caution however as you do not want to fall into god-modding. Make it minor, have it not effect things that are important or effect others characters. If you got a real cool that uses the environment, but are not sure if it steps the line, ASK. The worst you could get is a no.
Back to top Go down
Lazybones
New Kid
Lazybones

PostSubject: Re: Paranatural RP Redux: Discussion and OOC   Paranatural RP Redux: Discussion and OOC - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 06, 2014 9:09 pm

@Erie: Thank you so much for the tips!! I'm working on my next post now, I'll try to keep them in mind~ Like a Star @ heaven

@King: Oooh, moon phases are a great idea! Google tells me there are 8 different phases (New Moon, New Crescent, First Quarter, New Gibbous, Full Moon, Old Gibbous, Last Quarter, and Old Crescent). Since there are 7 scepters, maybe on one of the phases you can use all of them! o.o
Back to top Go down
Cosmophant
New Kid
Cosmophant

PostSubject: Re: Paranatural RP Redux: Discussion and OOC   Paranatural RP Redux: Discussion and OOC - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 06, 2014 11:16 pm

Yes! Thank you so much for the advice Erie! I was considering putting up my own but I think you pretty much covered it and then some. I might just link it in the info thread (assuming you're okay with that).
Back to top Go down
Erie, Man of Danger
Paranaturalist
Erie, Man of Danger

PostSubject: Re: Paranatural RP Redux: Discussion and OOC   Paranatural RP Redux: Discussion and OOC - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 07, 2014 12:03 am

Im okay with it, and I think I have a couple more. Might just make a thread for these tips plus Q&A. Think its a good idea?
Back to top Go down
Cosmophant
New Kid
Cosmophant

PostSubject: Re: Paranatural RP Redux: Discussion and OOC   Paranatural RP Redux: Discussion and OOC - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 07, 2014 12:32 am

I think that is a great idea
Back to top Go down
KingOfStickers
New Kid
KingOfStickers

PostSubject: Re: Paranatural RP Redux: Discussion and OOC   Paranatural RP Redux: Discussion and OOC - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 07, 2014 9:56 am

Lazybones wrote:
@Erie: Thank you so much for the tips!! I'm working on my next post now, I'll try to keep them in mind~ Like a Star @ heaven

@King: Oooh, moon phases are a great idea! Google tells me there are 8 different phases (New Moon, New Crescent, First Quarter, New Gibbous, Full Moon, Old Gibbous, Last Quarter, and Old Crescent). Since there are 7 scepters, maybe on one of the phases you can use all of them! o.o

Oooh! That sounds like a great idea!
Back to top Go down
Erie, Man of Danger
Paranaturalist
Erie, Man of Danger

PostSubject: Re: Paranatural RP Redux: Discussion and OOC   Paranatural RP Redux: Discussion and OOC - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 07, 2014 10:36 am

King of Stickers: I hate to be the party pooper here, but I'm scratching my head on how the Seven Scepters of Salutation have anything to do with the moon. Or controlling water, or anything offensive. Im truthfully not digging what sounds to be a loophole here to have 7 powersets for the price of one. The price of multiple powers sets is usually having multiple spirits, and having to keep balance and in fighting with your mind the battle ground. This, kinda bypass's that.

I'll admit, I'm not running this game, but this is my 2 cents into the matter, it sounds a little overpowered in concept alone, and the scepter of "Hi" only working on the Waxing Moon and shooting acid, sounds a bit nonsensical.

I do think having the deer spirit is real cool and a nod to the series, so I give thumbs up for that bit of cleverness, I just don't recommend the scepter powerset.

As not to be a total ass here, this is what I recommend. Use it at your own peril. Considering shes surrounded by mini deer spirits, maybe you could make THAT her ability, the ability to produce minions MUYAHAHAHAHA.

Peace out
Back to top Go down
KingOfStickers
New Kid
KingOfStickers

PostSubject: Re: Paranatural RP Redux: Discussion and OOC   Paranatural RP Redux: Discussion and OOC - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 07, 2014 10:41 am

Deer minions?
IM IN!

Also, since you say its overpowered, ill make it so that he can only use one scepter (the blue one) of solitdue. He cant "do the big stuff" like Isaac said with his powers. He can only control small streams of water. Since trying to control ocean waves tires him out.
Back to top Go down
Erie, Man of Danger
Paranaturalist
Erie, Man of Danger

PostSubject: Re: Paranatural RP Redux: Discussion and OOC   Paranatural RP Redux: Discussion and OOC - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 07, 2014 3:06 pm

The Blue Scepter is "Wassup". They are all greetings. That's what Salutation means. Someone actually took the time to convert the spirit language on them.

This is why I question the scepters doing anything, they sound ceremonial. And they don't appear to be tools.
Back to top Go down
Passing Through
New Kid
Passing Through

PostSubject: Re: Paranatural RP Redux: Discussion and OOC   Paranatural RP Redux: Discussion and OOC - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 07, 2014 7:46 pm

I NEVER NOTICED THEY HAD THE SPIRIT LANGUAGE WRITTEN ON THEM

THAT IS SO COOL OH MY GOSH
Back to top Go down
Lazybones
New Kid
Lazybones

PostSubject: Re: Paranatural RP Redux: Discussion and OOC   Paranatural RP Redux: Discussion and OOC - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 07, 2014 9:31 pm

raghsclgmav today was hectic DX

I wrote my next post on my phone at work during nap time. Gonna type it up and edit it, post it in a bit.

EDIT: Ha, done! Had to find a way to keep Kat on campus for awhile :3

fyi, work and school are gonna be crazy this week. I'll try to post when I can, but it won't be regular or anything :/
Back to top Go down
KingOfStickers
New Kid
KingOfStickers

PostSubject: Re: Paranatural RP Redux: Discussion and OOC   Paranatural RP Redux: Discussion and OOC - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 08, 2014 9:17 am

Wassup? XDDDD

I can deal with that :3

Also it seems that the character registration thread isnt there anymore?
Back to top Go down
Cosmophant
New Kid
Cosmophant

PostSubject: Re: Paranatural RP Redux: Discussion and OOC   Paranatural RP Redux: Discussion and OOC - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 08, 2014 1:10 pm

It is still there. It's Information and Applications
Found Here
Back to top Go down
Baron Von Aardvark
Paranaturalist
Baron Von Aardvark

PostSubject: Re: Paranatural RP Redux: Discussion and OOC   Paranatural RP Redux: Discussion and OOC - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 09, 2014 12:47 am

Sorry if I take a while to start posting, my life's a little bit busy at the moment and I want to wait for things to cool down a bit before I get involved with this too thoroughly.

Just wanted to clarify since it didn't feel right to leave the whole thing hanging there.
Back to top Go down
Passing Through
New Kid
Passing Through

PostSubject: Re: Paranatural RP Redux: Discussion and OOC   Paranatural RP Redux: Discussion and OOC - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 09, 2014 10:05 am

Don't worry 'bout it; it's totally understandable.
Back to top Go down
Lazybones
New Kid
Lazybones

PostSubject: Re: Paranatural RP Redux: Discussion and OOC   Paranatural RP Redux: Discussion and OOC - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 09, 2014 11:53 am

Hah! Planned ahead and brought my tablet into work today. Typed this up on my lunch break >:3

Might edit it a bit when I get home tonight, but the dialogue and the main points will stay the same.

[Later that night...]

Edited out my bad spelling and fixed some sloppy sentences. Might have time to make another post tonight, we'll see how my homework treats me XP
Back to top Go down
Lazybones
New Kid
Lazybones

PostSubject: Re: Paranatural RP Redux: Discussion and OOC   Paranatural RP Redux: Discussion and OOC - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 13, 2014 10:08 pm

Hey, I have a proposal -- is anyone interested in a shared 8tracks account for the RP?

'Cause I accidentally made a playlist for a character while I was trying to get inspired, and it seems like a waste not to put it anywhere. But I have nowhere else to put it :/
And I don't know about anyone else, but I'd be interested in what kind of music everyone thinks their character would like or what makes you think of them, or whatever Embarassed

It doesn't have to be 8tracks I suppose, but I don't know of anywhere else we can all put playlists...
Back to top Go down
Cosmophant
New Kid
Cosmophant

PostSubject: Re: Paranatural RP Redux: Discussion and OOC   Paranatural RP Redux: Discussion and OOC - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 13, 2014 11:23 pm

This sounds like a very interesting idea! I have no idea how 8tracks works but I'm open to it.
Back to top Go down
Passing Through
New Kid
Passing Through

PostSubject: Re: Paranatural RP Redux: Discussion and OOC   Paranatural RP Redux: Discussion and OOC - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 16, 2014 5:06 pm

Guys, I am SO SORRY I haven't been posting like all week. My house's internet went down and then I completely wrecked my car and now I have a big chem exam coming up and aaaaaaagh sorryyyyyyy
Back to top Go down
Cosmophant
New Kid
Cosmophant

PostSubject: Re: Paranatural RP Redux: Discussion and OOC   Paranatural RP Redux: Discussion and OOC - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 16, 2014 7:21 pm

No worries man. Life hits hard sometimes. We'll be here when you get back up.
Back to top Go down
Lazybones
New Kid
Lazybones

PostSubject: Re: Paranatural RP Redux: Discussion and OOC   Paranatural RP Redux: Discussion and OOC - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 17, 2014 7:34 pm

Not a problem Pass, everyone gets busy! Smile

ALSO. I've made us an account on 8tracks. This is us.

Our username is StonehavenRP. Our password is
Spoiler:

I've already got an embarrassingly huge playlist made up, I'll post it sometime soon. Can't wait to hear your guys' music~
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Paranatural RP Redux: Discussion and OOC   Paranatural RP Redux: Discussion and OOC - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Paranatural RP Redux: Discussion and OOC

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next