The Activity Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Activity Club

For the fans of Zack Morrison's webcomic Paranatural.

PortalHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Top posters
Erie, Man of Danger
Monsters can draw too Vote_lcapMonsters can draw too Voting_barMonsters can draw too Vote_rcap 
Wealthy Lord Asssprite
Monsters can draw too Vote_lcapMonsters can draw too Voting_barMonsters can draw too Vote_rcap 
Soroya123
NinjaKitten
Baron Von Aardvark
Spidey
Leo M. R.
W!tch
Westbrook
tylerouzts
Latest topics
» Chapter Seven
Monsters can draw too Icon_minitimeSat Mar 20, 2021 10:11 pm by ThePyromaniac

» Hear me out... (BERG theory)
Monsters can draw too Icon_minitimeTue Oct 06, 2020 12:32 pm by janusjekyll

» Hello Activity Club
Monsters can draw too Icon_minitimeTue Sep 22, 2020 9:07 am by janusjekyll

» Non-specific Greeting
Monsters can draw too Icon_minitimeFri Sep 04, 2020 5:05 pm by Westbrook

» (slides in) Good Evening
Monsters can draw too Icon_minitimeMon Aug 03, 2020 4:51 pm by Clayview

» I shout into the void
Monsters can draw too Icon_minitimeMon Aug 03, 2020 4:49 pm by Clayview

Statistics
We have 325 registered users
The newest registered user is AL

Our users have posted a total of 14282 messages in 355 subjects
April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Monsters can draw too

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
UniversalMonster
Seeing Shades
UniversalMonster

Monsters can draw too Empty
PostSubject: Monsters can draw too   Monsters can draw too Icon_minitimeThu May 19, 2016 9:09 pm

Since I started drawing something recently, I decided to make a thread to post my art. Most of it in the beginning will be old art of mine.

Monsters can draw too Maggie10

This is a genderbent, self-insert OC I made, and this drawing is 1 year old. I made her to be someone that I draw doing whatever I want really, so I also gave her a huge list of powers that I'd like, most being from ripped-off from animes. Because of this though, she woupd be pretty OP and would most likely only stick to using a few of her powers, so to counter this, I made it where each week she will only be able to use 5 random powers from the list. This way she'll have chances to use powers she normally wouldn't, and her effectiveness will be kinda random too. Her powers range from as OP as the power to change 1 second into 10 seconds (from The Law of Ueki) to as useless as the power to change the color of something by punching it, so whatever powers she gets that week can either mean she's unstoppable, to almost worthless, and everything in between.

Last edited by UniversalMonster on Fri May 20, 2016 11:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Westbrook
Spectral
Westbrook

PostSubject: Re: Monsters can draw too   Monsters can draw too Icon_minitimeThu May 19, 2016 11:10 pm

Haha, that sounds like a nice balancing act you've put together!
Back to top Go down
NinjaKitten
Paranaturalist
NinjaKitten

PostSubject: Re: Monsters can draw too   Monsters can draw too Icon_minitimeFri May 20, 2016 11:37 am

That power balance thing sounds really cool!

I can't see the image though. Sad
Back to top Go down
UniversalMonster
Seeing Shades
UniversalMonster

PostSubject: Re: Monsters can draw too   Monsters can draw too Icon_minitimeFri May 20, 2016 11:09 pm

There, I changed the img link I used. Does it show up for you now NinjaKitten?
Back to top Go down
Westbrook
Spectral
Westbrook

PostSubject: Re: Monsters can draw too   Monsters can draw too Icon_minitimeFri May 20, 2016 11:39 pm

(I was always able to see it; don't know why it didn't show up for NinjaKitten. I personally recommend using Imgur for image hosting these days.)
Back to top Go down
UniversalMonster
Seeing Shades
UniversalMonster

PostSubject: Re: Monsters can draw too   Monsters can draw too Icon_minitimeSat May 21, 2016 12:01 am

I could probably use imgur, but I'm trying this one random thing out called Servimg.

It's an image storage site, but I just randomly got an email like 7 hours after making this thread, and the email said something about it automatically creating an account for me cause of forum activity or something. (I assume it was cause this was the pfirst post I made with a pic in it) i looked it up to see if it was a virus, but apparently other people on other forums use it just fine.

Maybe Servimg is a service connected to the client that these forums were made with, I don't know. Hopefully it does fix NinjaKitten's problem though.
Back to top Go down
NinjaKitten
Paranaturalist
NinjaKitten

PostSubject: Re: Monsters can draw too   Monsters can draw too Icon_minitimeSun May 22, 2016 12:17 am

I can see it now, yeah. Thanks for that! You wouldn't suspect that she had powers, though I think that would make it easier on her if she lives somewhere where powers aren't really all that common and she'd need to hide having strange abilities.
Back to top Go down
UniversalMonster
Seeing Shades
UniversalMonster

PostSubject: Re: Monsters can draw too   Monsters can draw too Icon_minitimeFri May 27, 2016 7:06 am

Ok so I got the goblin girl drawing done that I don't remember if I mentioned it in the forum somewhere already or not. That was a mouthful.

Under spoilers cause NSFW. She's someone else's oc, and she didn't come with clothes, so I just drew her nude.

Spoiler:

She was kinda fun to draw, though I didn't really know how her horns worked, so I basically winged it from how the reference pic looked. I was drawn to draw her cause not only is she a cutie, but she's also addicted to mac and cheese.

I dont know how much NSFW stuff I'll do, but I'm pretty slow at drawing, and I live with my mother, so I probably won't pump one out for a while. I'm also pretty new to it, so definitely not experienced in this category yet. This is like the second NSFW pic I've drawn.

Last edited by UniversalMonster on Sat May 28, 2016 3:45 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
NinjaKitten
Paranaturalist
NinjaKitten

PostSubject: Re: Monsters can draw too   Monsters can draw too Icon_minitimeFri May 27, 2016 11:25 am

Unfortunately, I cannot see the picture. That might be because I'm using the computer at school, though, and Tumblr is one of the sites that they block.
Back to top Go down
UniversalMonster
Seeing Shades
UniversalMonster

PostSubject: Re: Monsters can draw too   Monsters can draw too Icon_minitimeSat May 28, 2016 3:48 am

Ok, I just changed them all to imgur. Can you see them now?

Though I wouldn't recommend looking onna school computer. ;w; don't want you to dget in trouble.
Back to top Go down
NinjaKitten
Paranaturalist
NinjaKitten

PostSubject: Re: Monsters can draw too   Monsters can draw too Icon_minitimeSun May 29, 2016 6:25 pm

Yeah, I can see 'em now.

She looks like a very interesting character! Is she from anything in particular, or just an OC someone came up with?
Back to top Go down
UniversalMonster
Seeing Shades
UniversalMonster

PostSubject: Re: Monsters can draw too   Monsters can draw too Icon_minitimeMon May 30, 2016 7:11 am

I know that she's someone's oc, but I don't know if she's a part of anything.
Back to top Go down
NinjaKitten
Paranaturalist
NinjaKitten

PostSubject: Re: Monsters can draw too   Monsters can draw too Icon_minitimeTue May 31, 2016 11:37 am

Either way, she's super duper cool.
Back to top Go down
UniversalMonster
Seeing Shades
UniversalMonster

PostSubject: Re: Monsters can draw too   Monsters can draw too Icon_minitimeWed Jun 15, 2016 11:58 pm

Ok so I've been kinda working on a drawing project in the background of everything else I'm doing.

I'm doing it on 4chan's /i/ board, so I'm not gonna link it, but I started doing it there cause it gives me a way to kind of allow myself to draw or doodle bad art that I don't have to be a perfectionist about it. Also, I could go almost anywhere with it, like some nsfw stuff. It hasn't really gone that way yet, but it might. There's a little randomness to the project that I'll explain.

I decided to make this into a game kinda. I make an image and write a little bit of storyline, but I leave the end of it missing. On the 4chan thread, the first to reply to the latest image picks A, B, or C. Whatever that choice is gets to be what that missing part of the story becomes, and the story picks up from there. I make a image for the updated story, write the story and again leave the last part off. The catch is that noone knows what A, B, or C are until I reveal them after they are picked. That way no choice gets any bias, and it gives a little mystery to what's gonna happen.

The project is meant to be something fun for me that I could do without worrying about how things looked (and so I didn't take forever drawing the pictures. I give myself a couple days to doodle an update pic and come up with story). This kinda became more than that though, as I'm tired of not finishing projects, so I'm committing myself to this one, and I realized like 2 weeks after doing it that this is basically a project based around one of my OCs: Maggie. I always wanted to do projects with my OCs, but like as actual stories that I have them for. But I guess this is a better and more relaxed start.

With all that said, I want to slowly share what happens in what I call Maggie ABC. I definitely won't be sharing anything too saucy though. Also a little sidenote; I'll be posting all my pics in this thread under spoilers for now on, even if they are sfw. This way it's easier on my phone so it doesn't have to try and load like 16 huge images at once. ;w;

Maggie ABC 1: What's Maggie's power?:
Back to top Go down
NinjaKitten
Paranaturalist
NinjaKitten

PostSubject: Re: Monsters can draw too   Monsters can draw too Icon_minitimeThu Jun 16, 2016 2:25 am

Cool! I'll definitely be checking up on this.
Back to top Go down
UniversalMonster
Seeing Shades
UniversalMonster

PostSubject: Re: Monsters can draw too   Monsters can draw too Icon_minitimeWed Jun 22, 2016 1:04 am

I'm glad you're excited about this! I am too. Here's the next part since I'm waiting for a video to render.

Maggie ABC 2: Ringing Poptart:
Back to top Go down
NinjaKitten
Paranaturalist
NinjaKitten

PostSubject: Re: Monsters can draw too   Monsters can draw too Icon_minitimeSun Jul 10, 2016 5:21 pm

Interesting abilities you had there. I wonder what the Head-Change ability could be useful for...
Back to top Go down
UniversalMonster
Seeing Shades
UniversalMonster

PostSubject: Re: Monsters can draw too   Monsters can draw too Icon_minitimeWed Jul 13, 2016 1:06 pm

Nothing but epic things I can tell you. But yeah I thought it was a pretty odd list of abilities when I had them randomly picked.

Here's the next part while I'm waiting for a reply to the thread on 4chan.

Maggie ABC 3: Food for Thought:
Back to top Go down
UniversalMonster
Seeing Shades
UniversalMonster

PostSubject: Re: Monsters can draw too   Monsters can draw too Icon_minitimeFri Sep 09, 2016 3:48 am

Ok so, the Maggie ABC thread fell on 4chan, but it was a good run. It didn't get to Maggie using her power at all, but whatever, I think I learned a few things.

Noone replied to it all after this one update pic where I started to have the "gotta make it look good" fears again. Originally I wanted some trees in the background so it wouldn't have so much white space, but I decided not to cause "it could make the pic look worse". Also I think I was so focused on giving people choices that it wasn't apparent about how each choice effected how things went, so it could have generated disinterest that way too.

I'll post the rest of the pics here without the story parts. I wasn't able to salvage the story parts, but it wouldn't have made much difference anyway.

Rest of Maggie ABC:

Also here are other drawings I done from July to now.

Maggie in a strange bikini top:

Mu Mozyaji:
Back to top Go down
PretenseAndPoison
Seeing Shades
PretenseAndPoison

PostSubject: Re: Monsters can draw too   Monsters can draw too Icon_minitimeFri Sep 09, 2016 5:20 pm

I, too, fear the day somebody discovers I have legs. In a reboot situation, that would be a hilarious reference/injoke.

::Edit:Regrets:
A solid twelve hours later I'm still saddled with the sense that this comment didn't really contribute anything to the thread. Something about it feels selfish- an "I" statement in a situation meant to display your work. I meant it as a humorous icebreaker, and where icebreakers are involved one generally cuts a smaller silhouette- I'd actually wanted to mention that I'm totally curious how you'd have handled the progression of 'finding nature things to take pictures of for Monas' blog'. Your handle on expressions seems pretty good! I'm a tad envious- I've never been any good at full faces, or humanoid figures in general (lots of trees though).

This isn't even the first time I've viewed this thread, but with the recent additions I decided to edge in on the conversation... something I get hella anxious about. Apologies. This isn't an improvement over the original comment at all, even.
Back to top Go down
UniversalMonster
Seeing Shades
UniversalMonster

PostSubject: Re: Monsters can draw too   Monsters can draw too Icon_minitimeSat Dec 24, 2016 9:03 pm

I'd really like some sort of notification for edits. I didn't see yours until December 24th (now), which is a shame.

You don't have to feel anxious about posting, at least when it comes to me. I like conversation, and I don't get much of it (neither does the forums in general) so I appreciate it. I'm pretty sad that this place seems to be winding down.

To be honest, I was planning like different animals that could appear, and the choices for the next 2 installments would be 1 out of 3 random animals, and then Maggie changing her head and they both have a little fun. Maggie hides her body behind a tree while Mona takes pics to make it look like she's getting close to and finding ridiculous stuff. And I can just see the blog posts; "Omg guys, I got close to a bear!" "Holy crap, is that a DINOSAUR?!" "OMG I FOUND WALDO!"

And thanks for the encouraging words!... To be honest, the reason why it's been so long since I viewed this thread is because it seemed that if I post one drawing at a time, it kinda gets ignored. I thought it would be better to post 5 after I get 5 done, so that I don't have to double post, and it would give people more to work with cause it would give people possibly 5 things to talk about. If they have nothing to say about the first thing, then maybe there's something to say about the next 4, so people would have something to actually say and I don't have to double post... cause noone gets notified of edits...

Now for the new pics!
Dinos:
Battle like it's Hawt:
Judgement Kiistone:
Silly Comic (or Kermic haha):
Back to top Go down
Westbrook
Spectral
Westbrook

PostSubject: Re: Monsters can draw too   Monsters can draw too Icon_minitimeSat Mar 11, 2017 1:38 am

"Did I Kermit a crime" lol
Back to top Go down
UniversalMonster
Seeing Shades
UniversalMonster

PostSubject: Re: Monsters can draw too   Monsters can draw too Icon_minitimeWed Jun 07, 2017 5:20 am

I decided that I'm gonna upload my Perverted Board Traveler game here, but only the safe for work parts of it... or at least censored depending on what happens. I'm also gonna try to make this the least stressful on me on mobile by only doing certain things if necessary. So I'll edit this post withe the first 2 prep stages explaining the game.

Turn 0 part 1:

Turn 0 part 2:

Turn 1:

Turn 2 part 1:

Turn 3 part 1:
Back to top Go down
UniversalMonster
Seeing Shades
UniversalMonster

PostSubject: Re: Monsters can draw too   Monsters can draw too Icon_minitimeThu Jun 29, 2017 2:59 am

Turn 3 part 2:

Turn 3 part 3:

Turn 4:

Turn 5:

Turn 6 part 1:
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Monsters can draw too   Monsters can draw too Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Monsters can draw too

View previous topic View next topic Back to top