The Activity Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Activity Club

For the fans of Zack Morrison's webcomic Paranatural.

PortalHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Top posters
Erie, Man of Danger
Chapter Five - Page 33 Vote_lcapChapter Five - Page 33 Voting_barChapter Five - Page 33 Vote_rcap 
Wealthy Lord Asssprite
Chapter Five - Page 33 Vote_lcapChapter Five - Page 33 Voting_barChapter Five - Page 33 Vote_rcap 
Soroya123
NinjaKitten
Baron Von Aardvark
Spidey
Leo M. R.
W!tch
Westbrook
tylerouzts
Latest topics
» Chapter Seven
Chapter Five - Page 33 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 20, 2021 10:11 pm by ThePyromaniac

» Hear me out... (BERG theory)
Chapter Five - Page 33 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 06, 2020 12:32 pm by janusjekyll

» Hello Activity Club
Chapter Five - Page 33 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 22, 2020 9:07 am by janusjekyll

» Non-specific Greeting
Chapter Five - Page 33 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 04, 2020 5:05 pm by Westbrook

» (slides in) Good Evening
Chapter Five - Page 33 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 03, 2020 4:51 pm by Clayview

» I shout into the void
Chapter Five - Page 33 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 03, 2020 4:49 pm by Clayview

Statistics
We have 325 registered users
The newest registered user is AL

Our users have posted a total of 14282 messages in 355 subjects
April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Chapter Five

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 18 ... 32, 33, 34  Next
AuthorMessage
tired potato
New Kid
tired potato

Chapter Five - Page 33 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chapter Five   Chapter Five - Page 33 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 02, 2018 9:55 pm

Isaac: OH I SEE, EVERYONE LOOKING AT THE STARS IN A SPECIAL FRIENDSHIP PICTURE AND AS USUAL *I'M* NOT INVITED. *GOES SUPER SAIYAN*
Back to top Go down
PretenseAndPoison
Seeing Shades
PretenseAndPoison

PostSubject: Re: Chapter Five   Chapter Five - Page 33 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 03, 2018 3:06 am

The stars picture for New Years makes me think about it's potential symbolism. New starts? The passage of time? Max is the only one there who's face we can't see. Perhaps that alludes to him hiding his emotions, or concealing motives... The positioning of his knees leaves me with the impression he's still quartering himself off, staying on guard- defensive. Perhaps he's in need of comfort, but unwilling to admit it?

Ed appears to be expressing a state of catharsis, acceptance, living in that moment and reflecting on all that he's experienced, feeling how small it is under the weight of cosmic majesty (Dibs on the band name Cosmic Majesty). How incredible that must feel. Does this mean that we'll be seeing him letting go of his fear, his anxiety over Isabel's 'anger' he percieves? I'd like to think so.

Rick looks... hrm. His expression is tricky. It's as though something still weighs on him, but the joyous moment has pulled him free from that darkness if but for a moment- could the nighttime scenery depict him accepting something grim, and similar to Ed being released from it's mental burden? He conceals his hands, but is it for warmth or a gesture that he, too, continues to conceal his emotions?
As he stands with his feet planted behind the horizon of the shot, are we to suspect he is distancing himself, or could this be simple artistic rendering to keep Isabel's upward point as the 'eye grabber' of the silhouette? Is the steam from him alone to indicate a sigh specific to his character arc? Is it one of relief? Appreciation?

Isabel and Isaac, however, seem to be much more relaxed. Joyous, grinning, Isaac's uptilted gaze an expression of pure childlike glee, a rare moment of raw emotive appreciation from our sullen representation of him. It harkens back to his demeanor with Max at their first meeting- unabridged excitement and acceptance . What could this foreshadow? How will they make up? What pieces of this puzzle am I going to be handed in coming chapters?!

I'm reading into this a lot more than I probably should.
Back to top Go down
NinjaKitten
Paranaturalist
NinjaKitten

PostSubject: Re: Chapter Five   Chapter Five - Page 33 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 03, 2018 7:20 pm

I think part of why they're looking at the sky may have been because the night of January 1st was a supermoon.

The way I see the picture is that the Activity Club is out having a nice time with each other, in a moment of relative calm that they haven't gotten recently.
Back to top Go down
PretenseAndPoison
Seeing Shades
PretenseAndPoison

PostSubject: Re: Chapter Five   Chapter Five - Page 33 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 24, 2018 6:01 am

*Smoke dramatically clears to reveal someone totally not in an epic pose X2 combo*

Hijack sure knows how to make an exit.

Also. W got to see the effects of a spirit speaking through their host emitting a double-indicated speech bubble again. It hasn't happened since MaxBERG intimidated Dooman. Where there was once speculation that the spirit in Max may have uniquely had two voices, we now see that's just how it works when a Spirit talks through their host.
Back to top Go down
Apophyllite
Seeing Shades
Apophyllite

PostSubject: Re: Chapter Five   Chapter Five - Page 33 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 27, 2018 6:14 pm

Page 254 (just putting the page nr. of what I'm commenting on since reading back in this thread with lots of time passing between each comment made it a bit confusing what page the comments are about)

(Also, spoilers I guess, in case some people are reading the forum before being up to date with the comic)

Oh! Now the expression in the first panel here makes sense... Over a hunderd pages later >_>

So Dimitri overheard Spender's pre mission peptalk and figured it out... Though it's odd that Isabel didn't pick up on it since she seems to know Spender pretty well...
Back to top Go down
The Chosen One
New Kid
The Chosen One

PostSubject: Re: Chapter Five   Chapter Five - Page 33 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 27, 2018 6:30 pm

I really want Dimitri's Necromantis shirt..
Back to top Go down
PineapplePhone
New Kid
PineapplePhone

PostSubject: Re: Chapter Five   Chapter Five - Page 33 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 23, 2018 4:30 pm

Okay but Max in this last page is ME
Back to top Go down
https://www.instagram.com/pineapplephone/
NinjaKitten
Paranaturalist
NinjaKitten

PostSubject: Re: Chapter Five   Chapter Five - Page 33 Icon_minitimeSun May 27, 2018 3:46 pm

Well I guess there's a reason why Lucifer is called Lucifer....
I feel so bad for Mr.Spender ;-; He's just left completely in the dark about what happened, and he doesn't even remember that Isabelle lost Eightfold on the train ride. Sad
But at least there seems to be a bit of solidarity between the members of the Activity Club now
Back to top Go down
Apophyllite
Seeing Shades
Apophyllite

PostSubject: Re: Chapter Five   Chapter Five - Page 33 Icon_minitimeSun May 27, 2018 4:27 pm

Yeah, another breakdown in communication. I think Spender never actually knew about  the loss of Eightfold, since he was pretty preoccupied with his own troubles after the whole Ghost Train thing... He didn't even notice Isabel trying to bring up the subject at the time...
Back to top Go down
NinjaKitten
Paranaturalist
NinjaKitten

PostSubject: Re: Chapter Five   Chapter Five - Page 33 Icon_minitimeMon May 28, 2018 2:19 am

oof I'd forgotten about that particular scene...
Tragedies upon tragedies
Back to top Go down
PineapplePhone
New Kid
PineapplePhone

PostSubject: Re: Chapter Five   Chapter Five - Page 33 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 16, 2018 4:52 pm

WHY is THIS MAN so bloody creepy!? OH MY GOODNESS I CANNOT TAKE IT.

what a villain. A crazy, evil, demented villain if ever I saw one. Jeez. Just, the way the lighting changes in the last panel, his crooked smile, the crazy hair I mean COME ON. Even student council knows to stay away from him.
I really hope our kiddos stay away from him too, but at the same time, I wanna see more of this guy. I mean, come on, he's so over-the-top. It's creepy, but wildly entertaining.

You know, the chapter is called "The Insidious Infiltrator," but what if the insidious infiltrator wasn't the brain man...?

I mean, insidious is defined as "harmful but enticing: seductive."
I don't know about you, but I think that describes Mr. Mustache more than it describes the brain man, even though we haven't seen a whole lot of him...

Just something to think about  I do declare!
Back to top Go down
Connorses
New Kid
Connorses

PostSubject: Re: Chapter Five   Chapter Five - Page 33 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 22, 2018 8:17 pm

HOLY CRAP PARANATURAL HAS VAMPIRES
Back to top Go down
PineapplePhone
New Kid
PineapplePhone

PostSubject: Re: Chapter Five   Chapter Five - Page 33 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 22, 2018 10:54 pm

DIDN'T SOMEONE PROPOSE THE IDEA THAT GARCIA IS A WEREWOLF?! IT'S ALL HAPPENING, PEOPLE
Back to top Go down
Westbrook
Spectral
Westbrook

PostSubject: Re: Chapter Five   Chapter Five - Page 33 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 27, 2018 2:18 am

I CAME BACK TO SCREAM ABOUT HOW MUCH I DID NOT SEE THIS COMING

Like sure I thought that
Spoiler:
from the very beginning and I felt awfully proud about that being the case but not only do I LOVE THIS NEW VILLAIN but...!  STUFF IS HAPPENING!
Back to top Go down
Apophyllite
Seeing Shades
Apophyllite

PostSubject: Re: Chapter Five   Chapter Five - Page 33 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 02, 2018 3:50 pm

Westbrook wrote:
I CAME BACK TO SCREAM ABOUT HOW MUCH I DID NOT SEE THIS COMING

Definitely doesn't have his dad's chin.. Yet...

But guys! I'm amazed no-one's talking about this:
Spoiler:

Red Herring or do we finally have a semi answer to that mystery?

Also wondering if maybe he's who the Cousinhood are after... Might be a way to tie together a bunch of loose threads...

Edit:
Just realised... Defanged... It was a pun before we even knew it...
Back to top Go down
Westbrook
Spectral
Westbrook

PostSubject: Re: Chapter Five   Chapter Five - Page 33 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 03, 2018 9:51 pm

Hahaha Apophyllite, I think you're onto something with that! The colors match!
Back to top Go down
Soroya123
Paranaturalist
Soroya123

PostSubject: Re: Chapter Five   Chapter Five - Page 33 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 04, 2018 12:37 am

This chapter is SO GOOD! And the new revelation about Cody!
Back to top Go down
http://soroya123.tumblr.com/
NinjaKitten
Paranaturalist
NinjaKitten

PostSubject: Re: Chapter Five   Chapter Five - Page 33 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 04, 2018 12:40 am

Just, everything! Is great! I don't want to wait to see what comes next ;-;

I actually reread the whole comic today lol, got re-hyped for seeing Johnny's growth as he fully becomes a spectral!
Back to top Go down
Soroya123
Paranaturalist
Soroya123

PostSubject: Re: Chapter Five   Chapter Five - Page 33 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 04, 2018 12:41 am

Same. On an aside I can't believe I've been reading this webcomic for years, and only like a few days has passed in the Paranatural world
Back to top Go down
Westbrook
Spectral
Westbrook

PostSubject: Re: Chapter Five   Chapter Five - Page 33 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 04, 2018 3:39 pm

So for Page 5x193...
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Westbrook
Spectral
Westbrook

PostSubject: Re: Chapter Five   Chapter Five - Page 33 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 06, 2018 11:04 pm

Spoiler:
I find this very neat tbh.
Back to top Go down
NinjaKitten
Paranaturalist
NinjaKitten

PostSubject: Re: Chapter Five   Chapter Five - Page 33 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 07, 2018 6:31 pm

Yeet
Back to top Go down
Connorses
New Kid
Connorses

PostSubject: Re: Chapter Five   Chapter Five - Page 33 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 07, 2018 11:20 pm

Westbrook wrote:
Spoiler:
I find this very neat tbh.

Hot dangs I was thinking the same thing. He has shown space-bendy powers so maybe the bent a sword for convenient storage.

The Lefty theory is the best one though. To elaborate: Lefty was described as a ghost who is missing the rest of their body. It implies that most of him was destroyed and a hand was severed. But perhaps Lefty's body (all but the left hand for some reason) was stolen by this vampirate man, who was dead and a ghost until he took the body over. The dead man's hand remains as a ghost because of it's thirst for VAMPIRE VENGEANCE.
Back to top Go down
Soroya123
Paranaturalist
Soroya123

PostSubject: Re: Chapter Five   Chapter Five - Page 33 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 15, 2018 6:44 pm

Oh man, Hijack noo
Back to top Go down
Westbrook
Spectral
Westbrook

PostSubject: Re: Chapter Five   Chapter Five - Page 33 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 15, 2018 8:54 pm

Really liking the panel separation in this one.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Chapter Five   Chapter Five - Page 33 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Chapter Five

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 33 of 34Go to page : Previous  1 ... 18 ... 32, 33, 34  Next