The Activity Club

For the fans of Zack Morrison's webcomic Paranatural.

PortalHomeCalendarFAQRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Top posters
Erie, Man of Danger

Wealthy Lord Asssprite

Soroya123

Baron Von Aardvark

NinjaKitten

Spidey

Leo M. R.

W!tch

Westbrook

tylerouzts

Latest topics
Statistics
We have 301 registered users
The newest registered user is Rewoka

Our users have posted a total of 14120 messages in 343 subjects
May 2018
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Share | .

Chapter Five

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 18 ... 31, 32, 33
AuthorMessage
tired potato
New Kid

PostSubject: Re: Chapter Five   Tue Jan 02, 2018 9:55 pm

Isaac: OH I SEE, EVERYONE LOOKING AT THE STARS IN A SPECIAL FRIENDSHIP PICTURE AND AS USUAL *I'M* NOT INVITED. *GOES SUPER SAIYAN*
Back to top Go down
PretenseAndPoison
Seeing Shades

PostSubject: Re: Chapter Five   Wed Jan 03, 2018 3:06 am

The stars picture for New Years makes me think about it's potential symbolism. New starts? The passage of time? Max is the only one there who's face we can't see. Perhaps that alludes to him hiding his emotions, or concealing motives... The positioning of his knees leaves me with the impression he's still quartering himself off, staying on guard- defensive. Perhaps he's in need of comfort, but unwilling to admit it?

Ed appears to be expressing a state of catharsis, acceptance, living in that moment and reflecting on all that he's experienced, feeling how small it is under the weight of cosmic majesty (Dibs on the band name Cosmic Majesty). How incredible that must feel. Does this mean that we'll be seeing him letting go of his fear, his anxiety over Isabel's 'anger' he percieves? I'd like to think so.

Rick looks... hrm. His expression is tricky. It's as though something still weighs on him, but the joyous moment has pulled him free from that darkness if but for a moment- could the nighttime scenery depict him accepting something grim, and similar to Ed being released from it's mental burden? He conceals his hands, but is it for warmth or a gesture that he, too, continues to conceal his emotions?
As he stands with his feet planted behind the horizon of the shot, are we to suspect he is distancing himself, or could this be simple artistic rendering to keep Isabel's upward point as the 'eye grabber' of the silhouette? Is the steam from him alone to indicate a sigh specific to his character arc? Is it one of relief? Appreciation?

Isabel and Isaac, however, seem to be much more relaxed. Joyous, grinning, Isaac's uptilted gaze an expression of pure childlike glee, a rare moment of raw emotive appreciation from our sullen representation of him. It harkens back to his demeanor with Max at their first meeting- unabridged excitement and acceptance . What could this foreshadow? How will they make up? What pieces of this puzzle am I going to be handed in coming chapters?!

I'm reading into this a lot more than I probably should.
Back to top Go down
NinjaKitten
Spectral

PostSubject: Re: Chapter Five   Wed Jan 03, 2018 7:20 pm

I think part of why they're looking at the sky may have been because the night of January 1st was a supermoon.

The way I see the picture is that the Activity Club is out having a nice time with each other, in a moment of relative calm that they haven't gotten recently.
Back to top Go down
PretenseAndPoison
Seeing Shades

PostSubject: Re: Chapter Five   Wed Jan 24, 2018 6:01 am

*Smoke dramatically clears to reveal someone totally not in an epic pose X2 combo*

Hijack sure knows how to make an exit.

Also. W got to see the effects of a spirit speaking through their host emitting a double-indicated speech bubble again. It hasn't happened since MaxBERG intimidated Dooman. Where there was once speculation that the spirit in Max may have uniquely had two voices, we now see that's just how it works when a Spirit talks through their host.
Back to top Go down
Apophyllite
Seeing Shades

PostSubject: Re: Chapter Five   Tue Feb 27, 2018 6:14 pm

Page 254 (just putting the page nr. of what I'm commenting on since reading back in this thread with lots of time passing between each comment made it a bit confusing what page the comments are about)

(Also, spoilers I guess, in case some people are reading the forum before being up to date with the comic)

Oh! Now the expression in the first panel here makes sense... Over a hunderd pages later >_>

So Dimitri overheard Spender's pre mission peptalk and figured it out... Though it's odd that Isabel didn't pick up on it since she seems to know Spender pretty well...
Back to top Go down
The Chosen One
New Kid

PostSubject: Re: Chapter Five   Tue Feb 27, 2018 6:30 pm

I really want Dimitri's Necromantis shirt..
Back to top Go down
PineapplePhone
New Kid

PostSubject: Re: Chapter Five   Fri Mar 23, 2018 4:30 pm

Okay but Max in this last page is ME
Back to top Go down
https://www.instagram.com/pineapplephone/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Chapter Five   

Back to top Go down

Chapter Five

View previous topic View next topic Back to top