The Activity Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Activity Club

For the fans of Zack Morrison's webcomic Paranatural.

PortalHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Top posters
Erie, Man of Danger
RP ideas and Proposals Thread Vote_lcapRP ideas and Proposals Thread Voting_barRP ideas and Proposals Thread Vote_rcap 
Wealthy Lord Asssprite
RP ideas and Proposals Thread Vote_lcapRP ideas and Proposals Thread Voting_barRP ideas and Proposals Thread Vote_rcap 
Soroya123
NinjaKitten
Baron Von Aardvark
Spidey
Leo M. R.
W!tch
Westbrook
tylerouzts
Latest topics
» Chapter Seven
RP ideas and Proposals Thread Icon_minitimeSat Mar 20, 2021 10:11 pm by ThePyromaniac

» Hear me out... (BERG theory)
RP ideas and Proposals Thread Icon_minitimeTue Oct 06, 2020 12:32 pm by janusjekyll

» Hello Activity Club
RP ideas and Proposals Thread Icon_minitimeTue Sep 22, 2020 9:07 am by janusjekyll

» Non-specific Greeting
RP ideas and Proposals Thread Icon_minitimeFri Sep 04, 2020 5:05 pm by Westbrook

» (slides in) Good Evening
RP ideas and Proposals Thread Icon_minitimeMon Aug 03, 2020 4:51 pm by Clayview

» I shout into the void
RP ideas and Proposals Thread Icon_minitimeMon Aug 03, 2020 4:49 pm by Clayview

Statistics
We have 325 registered users
The newest registered user is AL

Our users have posted a total of 14282 messages in 355 subjects
April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

RP ideas and Proposals Thread

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Spidey
Spectral
Spidey

RP ideas and Proposals Thread Empty
PostSubject: RP ideas and Proposals Thread   RP ideas and Proposals Thread Icon_minitimeMon Apr 01, 2013 7:45 pm

On every forum I've ever been to they have had one of these, so I figure it is a necessity here, or at least it will be.read where

This would be the thread where you can test out your RP Ideas and refine them if necessary, you can also check to make sure anyone is interested. In previous Forums the way this would work is,  (say i made an RP and wanted 6 people to join before id start) I'd merely put up my RP idea along with some general idea of the characters they could play and the roles they would take

and they would vote for however many votes (usually in the form of +1's) for people interested they wanted

This doesn't have to be done exactly the same way, but somewhat in line with that, would keep alot of un-replied threads down in the future
Back to top Go down
Wealthy Lord Asssprite
Paranaturalist
Wealthy Lord Asssprite

PostSubject: Re: RP ideas and Proposals Thread   RP ideas and Proposals Thread Icon_minitimeMon Apr 01, 2013 7:55 pm

I could see a use for this in the future, yeah.
Back to top Go down
guttersvoice
New Kid
guttersvoice

PostSubject: Re: RP ideas and Proposals Thread   RP ideas and Proposals Thread Icon_minitimeSun Jun 23, 2013 3:43 am

Would anyone be interested in a modern fantasy rp? I need to do some world-building and character-building for a thing I've been working on, so a simple, text-based rp would be really perfect.

It wouldn't be anything too complicated, and I'd try to keep it fun, of course!
Just thought I'd ask here before starting it UvU
Back to top Go down
http://guttersvoice.tumblr.com
Erie, Man of Danger
Paranaturalist
Erie, Man of Danger

PostSubject: Re: RP ideas and Proposals Thread   RP ideas and Proposals Thread Icon_minitimeSun Jun 23, 2013 4:38 am

guttersvoice wrote:
Would anyone be interested in a modern fantasy rp? I need to do some world-building and character-building for a thing I've been working on, so a simple, text-based rp would be really perfect.

It wouldn't be anything too complicated, and I'd try to keep it fun, of course!
Just thought I'd ask here before starting it UvU

Id be interested, I would like to know some details first.
Back to top Go down
guttersvoice
New Kid
guttersvoice

PostSubject: Re: RP ideas and Proposals Thread   RP ideas and Proposals Thread Icon_minitimeSun Jun 23, 2013 4:55 am

Anything in particular or just a general overview of the setting and the sort of characters you could play?
Back to top Go down
Erie, Man of Danger
Paranaturalist
Erie, Man of Danger

PostSubject: Re: RP ideas and Proposals Thread   RP ideas and Proposals Thread Icon_minitimeSun Jun 23, 2013 5:31 am

Id like the general overview, the types of characters we can play, the tone, and the level of magic/types of the fantastical that live in the world.
Back to top Go down
Spidey
Spectral
Spidey

PostSubject: Re: RP ideas and Proposals Thread   RP ideas and Proposals Thread Icon_minitimeSun Jun 23, 2013 8:14 am

Typically in this thread, you would give the general characters the setting and a basic plot, that way playes can know WHAT they are playing WHERE they are are playing WHO they can play and HOW they can play them, those are really the only questions you need to solidly answer.
Back to top Go down
Soroya123
Paranaturalist
Soroya123

PostSubject: Re: RP ideas and Proposals Thread   RP ideas and Proposals Thread Icon_minitimeSun Jun 23, 2013 1:58 pm

W would be down for a fantasy rp! XD
Back to top Go down
http://soroya123.tumblr.com/
guttersvoice
New Kid
guttersvoice

PostSubject: Re: RP ideas and Proposals Thread   RP ideas and Proposals Thread Icon_minitimeSun Jun 23, 2013 5:35 pm

Alrighty then.

It's the simplest level of modern fantasy you can imagine - a world exactly as our own is now, but with magic. All the supernatural beings you can imagine actually exist, and a lot of them blend in with society just fine. Most people go their entire lives not realising that magic is real, despite being close to many non-humans throughout their time.

There are other planes, parallel to ours, from which magic has soaked through the fabric of reality into our own. One 'up', one 'down', to save anyone from being insulted at the suggestion that their home is 'good' or 'bad'. Just because one plane is mostly populated by the fae, and another mostly by demons, doesnt make one better than the other.

More specifically, the majority of this RP will concern a single city, one with an unusually high proportion of non-human and magical beings. Some say there's something drawing those with the talent here, others say that people move there because they know there'll be more people like them there. Regardless, it's notable for that. The city is in England, because that's what I'm familiar with, but it doesn't correlate to any specific city. It's like any city: there's everything you could possibly want, if you know where to look.

As for plot, I have a few options, but I'd like everyone to get comfortable with their characters first, so in true rpg style, we'll begin at an inn. So to speak - it's open mic night at Headless Jenny, a pub run by a dullahan and a banshee that is tailored to suit the magical population of the city. It's an ordinary pub, of course, so everyone does their best to pretend to be human since plenty of ordinary people do visit Jenny's, after all.

You can play as almost anything, provided your character can pass for 'normal' most days of the week one way or another, whether through physical or magical disguise. And keep in mind that the setting is modern-day, I've had people just see the word fantasy and then want to play a princess running away from a castle to become a knight, hahahah. But yeah, characters can live in the city or be from out of town, they can have whatever job you prefer to give them, they can be whatever species you prefer.

Personally I'd like to keep things relatively believable, but don't worry too hard about it - this is fantasy, after all.

We'd be roleplaying in narrative form, a few paragraphs per post, taking turns in a predetermined order.

Oh, one last thing - the setting, most particularly the pub, is mine, and I'd really appreciate it if no one else used it for other things. thanks uvu

Anyone up for it?
Back to top Go down
Erie, Man of Danger
Paranaturalist
Erie, Man of Danger

PostSubject: Re: RP ideas and Proposals Thread   RP ideas and Proposals Thread Icon_minitimeSun Jun 23, 2013 6:03 pm

Id be up for it. I already got an idea for a character already.

Just a couple of questions, One: Demons exist, do angels? Are they releated to each other or do they just have a long standing grudge.

Two: How is magic kept a secret, and why is it kept a secret? That always seems like the biggest problem in most modern fantasy settings.

Three: Is there more realms then the 'up' and 'down', and I assume earth is the 'middle'?
Back to top Go down
guttersvoice
New Kid
guttersvoice

PostSubject: Re: RP ideas and Proposals Thread   RP ideas and Proposals Thread Icon_minitimeSun Jun 23, 2013 6:23 pm

Demons exist, and technically so do angels, but I'd rather keep religion out of this, so there's no evidence of god, and angels keep to their own plane for the most part, I think, though some humans are born blessed by angels, and have certain attributes, but mostly goodness and resistance to illness and magic.
They're unrelated to demons, and while angeltouched humans instinctively shun those with demon blood and anyone else from 'below', that's about all.

Magic is kept a secret for two reasons. One, it's traditional - it's always been that way and no one sees any need to change it. Two, if magic were known to the general public, everyone would expect magic to solve every problem in the world, and that simply isn't possible. Plus wizards are kinda lazy. There are plenty of humans who do know about magic, but the majority of them would rather use it for themselves.

There are other realms, but they're inaccessible except through death or sleeping. And yeah, earth is considered the 'middle'.
Back to top Go down
Erie, Man of Danger
Paranaturalist
Erie, Man of Danger

PostSubject: Re: RP ideas and Proposals Thread   RP ideas and Proposals Thread Icon_minitimeSun Jun 23, 2013 7:56 pm

Im in, just tell me what you want for character info and I'll be happy to join you on this adventure
Back to top Go down
Spidey
Spectral
Spidey

PostSubject: Re: RP ideas and Proposals Thread   RP ideas and Proposals Thread Icon_minitimeSun Jun 23, 2013 10:31 pm

IM sooo in, just remember make a seperate thread for the RPand preferable one OOC and one IC
Back to top Go down
Wealthy Lord Asssprite
Paranaturalist
Wealthy Lord Asssprite

PostSubject: Re: RP ideas and Proposals Thread   RP ideas and Proposals Thread Icon_minitimeSun Jun 23, 2013 10:49 pm

I'll need some time to come up with a character, but Im interested...
Back to top Go down
Baron Von Aardvark
Paranaturalist
Baron Von Aardvark

PostSubject: Re: RP ideas and Proposals Thread   RP ideas and Proposals Thread Icon_minitimeMon Jun 24, 2013 1:09 am

I'm in, provided my plans for the summer don't interfere. We'll see I guess, but at the very least expect lamentations if I am unable to participate.
Back to top Go down
Soroya123
Paranaturalist
Soroya123

PostSubject: Re: RP ideas and Proposals Thread   RP ideas and Proposals Thread Icon_minitimeMon Jun 24, 2013 2:28 am

YES I WANT IN. I also have a question though, can no n angel touched humans wield magic or just ones touched by angels? (And should I come up with an entirely new character or recycle Jeanine with some edits?)
Back to top Go down
guttersvoice
New Kid
guttersvoice

PostSubject: Re: RP ideas and Proposals Thread   RP ideas and Proposals Thread Icon_minitimeMon Jun 24, 2013 4:36 am

Angeltouched humans can't do magic, they have a natural resistance to it, is all. Sorry, I guess I phrased that badly. Most angeltouched go their entire life unaware of their nature, and unaware of magic's existence.
And I don't know who Jeanine is! I assume she's from the Paranatural RP? You might be able to use her if you feel she'd fit, or you can come up with a new one.

I'll be making in and out of character threads later today, hopefully, when I have time.
I'm glad people are interested UvU
Back to top Go down
Wealthy Lord Asssprite
Paranaturalist
Wealthy Lord Asssprite

PostSubject: Re: RP ideas and Proposals Thread   RP ideas and Proposals Thread Icon_minitimeMon Jun 24, 2013 3:16 pm

Gotta have unique OCs, man! Just gotta
Back to top Go down
Spidey
Spectral
Spidey

PostSubject: Re: RP ideas and Proposals Thread   RP ideas and Proposals Thread Icon_minitimeMon Jun 24, 2013 3:40 pm

I wanna do a voodoo zombie OC
Back to top Go down
Soroya123
Paranaturalist
Soroya123

PostSubject: Re: RP ideas and Proposals Thread   RP ideas and Proposals Thread Icon_minitimeTue Jun 25, 2013 6:41 pm

I would like to do a human touched by an angel (?) if thats cool. What exactly distinguishes normal humans from ones touched by angels? A mark or just the magic?
Back to top Go down
Wealthy Lord Asssprite
Paranaturalist
Wealthy Lord Asssprite

PostSubject: Re: RP ideas and Proposals Thread   RP ideas and Proposals Thread Icon_minitimeTue Jun 25, 2013 7:20 pm

Im interested in trying as some sort of fire spirit or demon. Im still developing the character, but thats my starting point.
Back to top Go down
Baron Von Aardvark
Paranaturalist
Baron Von Aardvark

PostSubject: Re: RP ideas and Proposals Thread   RP ideas and Proposals Thread Icon_minitimeWed Jun 26, 2013 12:36 am

Personally, I want to play a shapeshifter.

Ideally form changing wouldn't be the only form of magic available to him, but if it would have to be for balance then that's fine.
Back to top Go down
guttersvoice
New Kid
guttersvoice

PostSubject: Re: RP ideas and Proposals Thread   RP ideas and Proposals Thread Icon_minitimeWed Jun 26, 2013 4:04 pm

SpiderVoodoo wrote:
I wanna do a voodoo zombie OC
That could be cool - would you want to play someone with voodoo powers or an actual zombie?

Soroya123 wrote:
I would like to do a human touched by an angel (?) if thats cool. What exactly distinguishes normal humans from ones touched by angels? A mark or just the magic?
Angeltouched humans are literally indistinguishable from ordinary humans. They don't have any special marks, they can't do any magic, they don't have any sixth sense or second sight - they're just a little more resistant to other people's magic and have a higher likelihood to be 'good'.

Asssprite wrote:
Im interested in trying as some sort of fire spirit or demon. Im still developing the character, but thats my starting point.
That sounds like fun, I'm looking forward to seeing more about that.

Von Aardvark wrote:
Personally, I want to play a shapeshifter.

Ideally form changing wouldn't be the only form of magic available to him, but if it would have to be for balance then that's fine.
Shapeshifters are goshdang awesome, are you thinking animal shifting or just general appearance change? uvu

I'm gonna go make the thread now, expect it within the next hour or so c:
Back to top Go down
Baron Von Aardvark
Paranaturalist
Baron Von Aardvark

PostSubject: Re: RP ideas and Proposals Thread   RP ideas and Proposals Thread Icon_minitimeWed Jun 26, 2013 4:58 pm

Animal shifting, definitely. My preference for shapeshifting rules mean that he can't change the substances his body is made of or go too far from his original mass, so animal shifting would be one of the main ways he would use it to fight. Also his "original" form is half animal, so there's that.
Back to top Go down
Wealthy Lord Asssprite
Paranaturalist
Wealthy Lord Asssprite

PostSubject: Re: RP ideas and Proposals Thread   RP ideas and Proposals Thread Icon_minitimeFri Aug 09, 2013 8:23 pm

I think I'll probably make an extension of the Pnat RPG, like a less experimental run, if that's something people would be interested in? The idea is to set it in a northern city, and just sort of play around with the whole urban spectrals concept a bit. I've still got some work to do on it, but...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: RP ideas and Proposals Thread   RP ideas and Proposals Thread Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

RP ideas and Proposals Thread

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next