The Activity Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Activity Club

For the fans of Zack Morrison's webcomic Paranatural.

PortalHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Top posters
Erie, Man of Danger
RP ideas and Proposals Thread - Page 2 Vote_lcapRP ideas and Proposals Thread - Page 2 Voting_barRP ideas and Proposals Thread - Page 2 Vote_rcap 
Wealthy Lord Asssprite
RP ideas and Proposals Thread - Page 2 Vote_lcapRP ideas and Proposals Thread - Page 2 Voting_barRP ideas and Proposals Thread - Page 2 Vote_rcap 
Soroya123
NinjaKitten
Baron Von Aardvark
Spidey
Leo M. R.
W!tch
Westbrook
tylerouzts
Latest topics
» Chapter Seven
RP ideas and Proposals Thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 20, 2021 10:11 pm by ThePyromaniac

» Hear me out... (BERG theory)
RP ideas and Proposals Thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 06, 2020 12:32 pm by janusjekyll

» Hello Activity Club
RP ideas and Proposals Thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 22, 2020 9:07 am by janusjekyll

» Non-specific Greeting
RP ideas and Proposals Thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 04, 2020 5:05 pm by Westbrook

» (slides in) Good Evening
RP ideas and Proposals Thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 03, 2020 4:51 pm by Clayview

» I shout into the void
RP ideas and Proposals Thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 03, 2020 4:49 pm by Clayview

Statistics
We have 325 registered users
The newest registered user is AL

Our users have posted a total of 14282 messages in 355 subjects
April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

RP ideas and Proposals Thread

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Soroya123
Paranaturalist
Soroya123

RP ideas and Proposals Thread - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: RP ideas and Proposals Thread   RP ideas and Proposals Thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 09, 2013 9:54 pm

Seems cool, I'm down.
Back to top Go down
http://soroya123.tumblr.com/
Erie, Man of Danger
Paranaturalist
Erie, Man of Danger

PostSubject: Re: RP ideas and Proposals Thread   RP ideas and Proposals Thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 09, 2013 9:59 pm

Hidy hoo, I'm in.
Back to top Go down
Erie, Man of Danger
Paranaturalist
Erie, Man of Danger

PostSubject: Re: RP ideas and Proposals Thread   RP ideas and Proposals Thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 06, 2013 6:59 pm

Okay, I've been thinking about this for a while, and I think I can handle more than one campaign, I just want to know if anyone would be interested in a Pokemon rpg game. It be based of the fan made tabletop system made by fans found here http://pokemontabletop.com/

It be a slight more serious then the show as pokemon can die and act like wild animals (meaning they can attack the trainer, gang up, flee, are actually easier to catch when fainted.) but the system has an added bonus of the actual trainer having stats and bonus's and even classes. THis game will have more numbers in it but I think it will be worth it.

If you guys are interested, please also tell me if you wouldn't mind just gen 1 critters ta begin with (makes it easier on me to be truthful) but I would be willing to do gen 2 and 3 if high enough demand.
Back to top Go down
Soroya123
Paranaturalist
Soroya123

PostSubject: Re: RP ideas and Proposals Thread   RP ideas and Proposals Thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 06, 2013 7:19 pm

YES YES YES.
Back to top Go down
Baron Von Aardvark
Paranaturalist
Baron Von Aardvark

PostSubject: Re: RP ideas and Proposals Thread   RP ideas and Proposals Thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 06, 2013 8:36 pm

Yes, please~
Pokemon is my lifelong passion.

I'm partial to gen 2 myself, but I wouldn't want to put too much pressure on you. Whatever works best is fine.
Back to top Go down
Erie, Man of Danger
Paranaturalist
Erie, Man of Danger

PostSubject: Re: RP ideas and Proposals Thread   RP ideas and Proposals Thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 06, 2013 8:49 pm

Cool yio, Gen 2 shouldn't be too hard to do, gen 3 and up though is more of a challenge, sooooo many mons.

I forgot to add, ya dont have to read those books, I think I can teach the system a little bit better bit by bit, and it is a slightly unorganized how its placed in the pdf files. Feel free to ask questions as well. Questions are good. Smile
Back to top Go down
Soroya123
Paranaturalist
Soroya123

PostSubject: Re: RP ideas and Proposals Thread   RP ideas and Proposals Thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 07, 2013 11:47 am

Ok cool! I would like gen three but if it is too much then don't feel obligated! I just really like Sceptile as it is one of the fastest grass types.
Back to top Go down
Erie, Man of Danger
Paranaturalist
Erie, Man of Danger

PostSubject: Re: RP ideas and Proposals Thread   RP ideas and Proposals Thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 07, 2013 6:03 pm

hmm, I think Im going ta stick with gen 2 mons for now, not thats impossible or improbable to see some from other gens. Also, unlike the games, any pokemon can be incrdibly powerful due to classes and advance classes. A steelix can be made to outrun some of the fastest pokemon if you train him right, its just not as easy as it is for other pokemon.

I'd like to get at least one more yes, then I'll start up the OCC
Back to top Go down
Soroya123
Paranaturalist
Soroya123

PostSubject: Re: RP ideas and Proposals Thread   RP ideas and Proposals Thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 07, 2013 7:01 pm

Okay :3 So we choose a type of trainer to be?
Back to top Go down
Erie, Man of Danger
Paranaturalist
Erie, Man of Danger

PostSubject: Re: RP ideas and Proposals Thread   RP ideas and Proposals Thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 07, 2013 7:18 pm

Sorta, If this goes off, Everyone is going to start at Trainer level 0 (Trainers evel differently from mons, they dont get battle experience, they gain levels from accomplishments) and you all can branch off on how you want from there. The game has huge variety, so it helps to start small, and a lot of the preequisites for classes actually require events, such as one requires you to be knocked unconscious by a foe once.

In all there are 9 classes a trainer can go down in and a bunch of further specelizations in each class called advanced classes. I'll explain it more if it get going.
Back to top Go down
Erie, Man of Danger
Paranaturalist
Erie, Man of Danger

PostSubject: Re: RP ideas and Proposals Thread   RP ideas and Proposals Thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 16, 2013 12:24 am

Wow... 2 weeks, only 2 interested. Not sure what I should do at this point...
Back to top Go down
Baron Von Aardvark
Paranaturalist
Baron Von Aardvark

PostSubject: Re: RP ideas and Proposals Thread   RP ideas and Proposals Thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 16, 2013 2:54 pm

Out of our six active members, excluding yourself, two haven't posted in a week or so, one is having internet troubles, and one only follows the RPG thread.

Considering that you got the only two of us that we can reasonably assume looked at the thread, I'd say you're off to a good start.
Back to top Go down
Spidey
Spectral
Spidey

PostSubject: Re: RP ideas and Proposals Thread   RP ideas and Proposals Thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 21, 2013 9:37 am

Now that school is done kicking my ass I can actively stalk this forum all day like i used to, my homework backlash was so big man, I had no idea being a junior was so hard, GHOST TYPE TRAINER? FUCK YEA
Back to top Go down
Baron Von Aardvark
Paranaturalist
Baron Von Aardvark

PostSubject: Re: RP ideas and Proposals Thread   RP ideas and Proposals Thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 21, 2013 2:15 pm

So you're in for a pokemon RPG, spider? Good to hear!
Back to top Go down
Erie, Man of Danger
Paranaturalist
Erie, Man of Danger

PostSubject: Re: RP ideas and Proposals Thread   RP ideas and Proposals Thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 25, 2013 4:47 pm

And the O.C.C. is up for the game. I'll have The I.C.C. up today or tomarrow. Seems like everyone want to be psychic, I thought I'd be having this issue with the Ace Trainer...
Back to top Go down
Erie, Man of Danger
Paranaturalist
Erie, Man of Danger

PostSubject: Re: RP ideas and Proposals Thread   RP ideas and Proposals Thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat May 31, 2014 12:19 am

Okay, This is an announcement that is sorta in line with Super Mocha Café, but not really.

I want to start a super campaign on https://app.roll20.net/home/. This website will allow us to do real sessions instead of posting.

I would love to do it using the Savage Worlds system, the super companion edition.

The reason why I say this is sorta in vain with Super Mocha café is that there is a good possibility to bring over characters made in it, but you do not have to, and it isn't guaranteed. Rest assured Super Mocha Café is still going to go on and the approved character will certainly be welcome in there if not in this campaign.

The Major difference here will be to do this, people need to be able to dedicate at least 2 hours of their time a week, 4 idealy. The Plan would be to hold these sessions on late Saturday nights or perhaps Sunday, but it can change depending on who all wants to join, and when they can spare the time.

I would like a total of 3-4 players for this. I may be able to scrounge up a player on my side, but if I cant reach the quota, then this idea will go fizzle out.

Don't worry if your new to this but are interested as I will gladly help you out in understanding the system, and the program on the website we will be using to run it (it'll be a learning experience for me to)

If you are interested, Reply to this topic, telling me when you think you can dedicate the time. If you have any questions about this idea, feel free and ask either by replying to the thread or if your nervous about it, pming me, I don't bite, much.
Back to top Go down
Baron Von Aardvark
Paranaturalist
Baron Von Aardvark

PostSubject: Re: RP ideas and Proposals Thread   RP ideas and Proposals Thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat May 31, 2014 1:37 am

I'm available most Saturday nights, but there's one I won't be able to do coming up. Not sure which one exactly, but it'll be in the next few weeks.

And I may or may not use the same character from Mocha Cafe, depending almost entirely upon whether the rules allow me to give him a suitably ridiculous Parry stat. Still working on finding that out.
Back to top Go down
Soroya123
Paranaturalist
Soroya123

PostSubject: Re: RP ideas and Proposals Thread   RP ideas and Proposals Thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat May 31, 2014 1:39 am

This Saturday and Sunday I am very busy. But otherwise I would love to to an RPG like this! (I would still need a ton of help though.)
Back to top Go down
Erie, Man of Danger
Paranaturalist
Erie, Man of Danger

PostSubject: Re: RP ideas and Proposals Thread   RP ideas and Proposals Thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat May 31, 2014 1:55 am

Oh we won't be starting right away. I would want to do a bit of sandboxing first.

Basically we going to world build a setting and agree on a tone and power level of the setting before we start.

Von, sorry to say, I got the new addition of the super powers book, and there is a good amount different between the edition I sent you. The main book is still the same and the latest edition, its just the superpowers one, it changed and made a lot of area's more clear. We will be using the new one.
Back to top Go down
Baron Von Aardvark
Paranaturalist
Baron Von Aardvark

PostSubject: Re: RP ideas and Proposals Thread   RP ideas and Proposals Thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat May 31, 2014 2:24 am

Could you go ahead and send me that one, then? Assuming you have a PDF
Back to top Go down
Erie, Man of Danger
Paranaturalist
Erie, Man of Danger

PostSubject: Re: RP ideas and Proposals Thread   RP ideas and Proposals Thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat May 31, 2014 10:45 am

I wanna wait until character creation before I go do that. It'll help promote making characters first then building the stats and powers around them, and not the other way around.

If you really want it now and can't wait, you can buy the pdf here for roughly $15 : http://rpg.drivethrustuff.com/product/125453/Savage-Worlds-Super-Powers-Companion-2nd-Ed
Back to top Go down
KingOfStickers
New Kid
KingOfStickers

PostSubject: Re: RP ideas and Proposals Thread   RP ideas and Proposals Thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 11, 2014 7:07 pm

guttersvoice wrote:
Alrighty then.

It's the simplest level of modern fantasy you can imagine - a world exactly as our own is now, but with magic. All the supernatural beings you can imagine actually exist, and a lot of them blend in with society just fine. Most people go their entire lives not realising that magic is real, despite being close to many non-humans throughout their time.

There are other planes, parallel to ours, from which magic has soaked through the fabric of reality into our own. One 'up', one 'down', to save anyone from being insulted at the suggestion that their home is 'good' or 'bad'. Just because one plane is mostly populated by the fae, and another mostly by demons, doesnt make one better than the other.

More specifically, the majority of this RP will concern a single city, one with an unusually high proportion of non-human and magical beings. Some say there's something drawing those with the talent here, others say that people move there because they know there'll be more people like them there. Regardless, it's notable for that. The city is in England, because that's what I'm familiar with, but it doesn't correlate to any specific city. It's like any city: there's everything you could possibly want, if you know where to look.

As for plot, I have a few options, but I'd like everyone to get comfortable with their characters first, so in true rpg style, we'll begin at an inn. So to speak - it's open mic night at Headless Jenny, a pub run by a dullahan and a banshee that is tailored to suit the magical population of the city. It's an ordinary pub, of course, so everyone does their best to pretend to be human since plenty of ordinary people do visit Jenny's, after all.

You can play as almost anything, provided your character can pass for 'normal' most days of the week one way or another, whether through physical or magical disguise. And keep in mind that the setting is modern-day, I've had people just see the word fantasy and then want to play a princess running away from a castle to become a knight, hahahah. But yeah, characters can live in the city or be from out of town, they can have whatever job you prefer to give them, they can be whatever species you prefer.

Personally I'd like to keep things relatively believable, but don't worry too hard about it - this is fantasy, after all.

We'd be roleplaying in narrative form, a few paragraphs per post, taking turns in a predetermined order.

Oh, one last thing - the setting, most particularly the pub, is mine, and I'd really appreciate it if no one else used it for other things. thanks uvu

Anyone up for it?

Ooohh!! I like this idea!!

Can we add multiple areas to the RP besides the city? I have this idea where my OCs are basically from a parallel version of earth. There was a promised apocalypse on that Earth and all the people moved out of the planet, which was doomed just before they left. Anyways, my OCs built a rocket ship because they missed the great planet escape. However, they somehow landed on a barren-wasteland type planet, with almost little to no food (there is some but very hard to find. so they have their own farm to harvest water and fruits to eat).

Their rocket is actually a pod, but acts like a rocket. (see: https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x1ddskt_magical-suite-prism-nana-%E3%81%BE%E3%81%98%E3%81%8B%E3%82%8B%E3%81%99%E3%81%84%E3%83%BC%E3%81%A8%E3%83%97%E3%83%AA%E3%82%BA%E3%83%A0-%E3%83%8A%E3%83%8A-full-pv-02-%E3%81%BE%E3%81%98%E3%81%8B%E3%82%8B%E3%82%A8%E3%83%B3%E3%82%B8%E3%83%B3_shortfilms to know what it looks like)
Back to top Go down
Erie, Man of Danger
Paranaturalist
Erie, Man of Danger

PostSubject: Re: RP ideas and Proposals Thread   RP ideas and Proposals Thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 12, 2014 9:27 am

Sorry to tell ya, but that post was made in June last year. That rp never got off. I havent heard from guttervoice at all for more then a year as well. Its pretty much dead.
Back to top Go down
KingOfStickers
New Kid
KingOfStickers

PostSubject: Re: RP ideas and Proposals Thread   RP ideas and Proposals Thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 12, 2014 12:58 pm

Why don't we try to restart it then?
Back to top Go down
Erie, Man of Danger
Paranaturalist
Erie, Man of Danger

PostSubject: Re: RP ideas and Proposals Thread   RP ideas and Proposals Thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 12, 2014 1:17 pm

Its more like it was gutter's baby. It was their OC setting they've had for a long while, last I remember, it was pretty much what gutter did plus gutter's commission art.

And no one has also felt like running it. Running a game is a lot of responsibility bro, and if ya dint commit, it falls apart quick.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: RP ideas and Proposals Thread   RP ideas and Proposals Thread - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

RP ideas and Proposals Thread

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2