The Activity Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Activity Club

For the fans of Zack Morrison's webcomic Paranatural.

PortalHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Top posters
Erie, Man of Danger
Modern Fantasy OOC Thread - Page 2 Vote_lcapModern Fantasy OOC Thread - Page 2 Voting_barModern Fantasy OOC Thread - Page 2 Vote_rcap 
Wealthy Lord Asssprite
Modern Fantasy OOC Thread - Page 2 Vote_lcapModern Fantasy OOC Thread - Page 2 Voting_barModern Fantasy OOC Thread - Page 2 Vote_rcap 
Soroya123
NinjaKitten
Baron Von Aardvark
Spidey
Leo M. R.
W!tch
Westbrook
tylerouzts
Latest topics
» Chapter Seven
Modern Fantasy OOC Thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 20, 2021 10:11 pm by ThePyromaniac

» Hear me out... (BERG theory)
Modern Fantasy OOC Thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 06, 2020 12:32 pm by janusjekyll

» Hello Activity Club
Modern Fantasy OOC Thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 22, 2020 9:07 am by janusjekyll

» Non-specific Greeting
Modern Fantasy OOC Thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 04, 2020 5:05 pm by Westbrook

» (slides in) Good Evening
Modern Fantasy OOC Thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 03, 2020 4:51 pm by Clayview

» I shout into the void
Modern Fantasy OOC Thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 03, 2020 4:49 pm by Clayview

Statistics
We have 325 registered users
The newest registered user is AL

Our users have posted a total of 14282 messages in 355 subjects
April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Modern Fantasy OOC Thread

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
guttersvoice
New Kid
guttersvoice

Modern Fantasy OOC Thread - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Modern Fantasy OOC Thread   Modern Fantasy OOC Thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 10, 2013 2:19 pm

That all sounds fine to me.
The, uh, Ireland thing seems completely unnecessary (other than the fact that the pub we'll be starting the rp in is run by an Irish couple) but whatever, man.

Am I right in thinking I just have one more person to get back to me and then it's time to start? That'll give us five characters, including Zeke.
Would anyone be opposed to be bringing in a second character to boost our ranks a little?
Back to top Go down
http://guttersvoice.tumblr.com
Soroya123
Paranaturalist
Soroya123

PostSubject: Re: Modern Fantasy OOC Thread   Modern Fantasy OOC Thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 10, 2013 4:18 pm

I'm almost done fixing up Loraine! I could use Aggie too if you want but shes about 8. :/
Back to top Go down
http://soroya123.tumblr.com/
guttersvoice
New Kid
guttersvoice

PostSubject: Re: Modern Fantasy OOC Thread   Modern Fantasy OOC Thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 10, 2013 4:28 pm

If you think she'll be needed/useful, but tbh she sounds like more of a side character, right? So she probably wouldn't need a whole app filled in. c:
Back to top Go down
Soroya123
Paranaturalist
Soroya123

PostSubject: Re: Modern Fantasy OOC Thread   Modern Fantasy OOC Thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 10, 2013 7:33 pm

Okay, I think I fixed the issues. If there is anything that needs fixing tell me! :3 Also maybe I could use the witch as a secondary OC? Maybe? (are there witches? I kinda assumed there were... 0-0)

Name: Loraine Fayle

Nickname: Lorry, by her little sister

Species: Fairy.

Build: Average (human) height and weight.

Appearance: Loraine has bright red hair and freckles. She has green eyes which always look like they are shining (except when she's mad. Then they look like they are burning like the pits of hell). She usually wears a work shirt and blue jeans to work at her detective office. She wears boots with slightly platformed soles, where she keeps a variety of (small) things to protect her self with including a small silver knife and a little vial of holy water. During the night, when its cold or investigation time, she wears a sorta trench coat, minus the huge pop up collar. She has two thy she alternates between, one a light beige for day time investigations and cold days, the other black so as to be a able to hide in shadows (after hiding her hair of course). Wears a bracelet she bought from a witch to glamour her wings. Works for the witch in her shop part time when cases aren't coming in.

Age: 22 (I'm not actually an adult so bear with me on things. And also no wonky age thing. She'll live long and look young as a fairy. )

Speciality: Great at logical leaps, solves puzzles with ease. Works as a detective of sorts for the magical side of the world. Very good at acting. Pretty strong also, not very but strong enough to kick down a door (with the help of some magic). She knows some Krav Maga. Pretty good with a camera.

Likes: Enjoys reading. A LOT. Likes to laugh. Likes life with a bit of spice. Would love to have many friends, but only has a few close friends.

Dislikes: Pure Iron, people working the black market and corruption.

Powers: An powerful Empath. Can sense other people's emotions and manipulate them to some extent, also empathic creation (which is the use of an emotion to create weapons, tools even creatures, with varying levels of permanence), telempathy (Can send emotions to others, vice versa kinda like Prof. X) and lie detection (which is something a low level empath can do) (http://powerlisting.wikia.com/wiki/Empathy link to the actual superpower definition of empathy)

Weaknesses: Extremely passionate. Get's caught up in the emotions sometimes and possibly overwhelmed if in a big crowd of emotional people. Get's caught up revenge and vindictiveness a lot.

Personality: Passionate (again :3) and tries to be just in her decisions. She has faith in the system but hates the corruption she sees in politicians and such. If she lived in the Robin Hood England she would arrest both the King and Robin Hood. The King for exorbitant taxes and Robin for Stealing.  But since the king is protected, she would build a case before arresting him. Sees a lot of things as black and white, but struggles with things in the gray. Tough no nonsense type. Occasionally bullheaded.

History: She was always curious about the world "below" hers, and often wished to visit. Her parents said no and under no circumstances would she venture there. There were people down there that would chop her to bits to sell on the black market. Loraine listened. For a while, but then her curiosity got the better of her and she snuck away on her 17th birthday to see for herself the other world. Leaving behind a note for her parents and little five year old sister. She ended up in an alleyway near a witch's shop, who gave her shelter for a bit, letting her work there while Loraine got set up, and also teaching her how to behave as a human, and how to work. Eventually Loraine bought herself a small flat after two years and began to study online, earning herself a bachelors in Crime scene investigation and Law enforcement. Works as a P.I and and part time with the witch who helped her. After getting settled, when she was 21 she decided to go back home to visit her family to find that her parents had died and her sister was now living with an aunt (who wasn't very nice). She fought with the said aunt over custody and won, taking her little sis Agatha, back to the human world. She sent her sis to school and gave her a bracelet to glamour her wings, but one day her sis lost the bracelet on the way home, and was assaulted by black-market thugs who wished to cut off her wings for the black market. Loraine felt the fear from her sister and dashed to rescue her but was a little to late. The thugs had made off with her sister's wings, leaving bloody holes where they would have been. She rushed her sister to a healer and managed to save her. (Agatha was 8 when this happened) Loraine now has an extreme hatred towards all black market activities, and anybody associated with such activities. She'll go out of her way to have these criminals brought to justice, even at the cost of blowing a case.

Other: Tries to play the video games that her sister wants her to play but fails miserably. Does well at Super Smash Bros. Brawl though. Good friends with the witch (witch's name is Delia)
Back to top Go down
guttersvoice
New Kid
guttersvoice

PostSubject: Re: Modern Fantasy OOC Thread   Modern Fantasy OOC Thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 13, 2013 5:08 pm

that all sounds pretty great tbh
if you need any help with like. dumb adult stuff, just ask, im not gonna judge and i like to help people learn new things

im gonna get working on the first proper ic post and also on an app for my demon guy
oh uh
uh
i should mention if you guys have any questions about MY app(s), please please please ask them like i asked you guys! i want us all on an even level here yknow? yeah
Back to top Go down
Wealthy Lord Asssprite
Paranaturalist
Wealthy Lord Asssprite

PostSubject: Re: Modern Fantasy OOC Thread   Modern Fantasy OOC Thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 13, 2013 8:15 pm

Does that mean we can use this opportunity to find out a bunch of adult stuff under the pretext of needing it for roleplay? Because that could be a useful way to find out some things that we wouldn't ordinarily except through trial and error.
Not that we'd take advantage of your wisdom like that, ahaha!
Back to top Go down
guttersvoice
New Kid
guttersvoice

PostSubject: Re: Modern Fantasy OOC Thread   Modern Fantasy OOC Thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 13, 2013 10:35 pm

yeah probably, im not very good at being an adult though so dont expect too much

also you can always just ask me stuff anyway, i like to help people so theres that
Back to top Go down
eevocative
New Kid
eevocative

PostSubject: Re: Modern Fantasy OOC Thread   Modern Fantasy OOC Thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 14, 2013 9:53 pm

Name: Nicolas Flits
Nickname(s): Nick
Species: Demon
Build: Stands at 6'4", weighs around 300lbs (give or take a few pounds).

Physical Appearance: He is very pale, almost ghostly appearing. He has bright scarlet eyes, with an orange tint in them, and sharp, cat like pupils. To match his pale skin, he has very light blonde hair, almost white appearing (he's albino). His hair only passes his shoulders by about an inch. He's chubby, as well. When it comes to clothing, he usually wears black jean shorts, a pair of bright red Chuck Taylor's, and a dark t shirt (usually a band t-shirt, ever changing in name of band). He may also appear in a hoodie when the whether gets a bit chillier. Carries his bass on his back, almost everywhere.

Speciality: Playing the bass, he had been in a line of bands during high school, and now that he's in college, is studying music when he can. He is good at writing as well, and wants to write a column in a newspaper when he graduates college.

Likes: Writing, cooking, going for walks through the city (anytime from sunset until early in the morning), swimming.
Dislikes: Cold weather, birds, children, most people, generally.

Powers: He uses fear based magic, which he can project through singing. He has a loud voice, and can reach those he wants to strike fear into from a few yards (10-12) away. When using his ability, he can warp people's emotions to make them become frightened enough that they soon act irrationally which could lead to a dangerous situation for the victim and the people around him/her. He also plays his bass when he uses his ability, but that is purely for showmanship. Better when he has a mic, which amplifies his ability to reach targets.

Weaknesses: He is very proud, but also very wrathful. May get carried away in a fight. Also, anything that can stop sound, like sound proof rooms, being underwater, being deaf (obviously), or having clogged ears makes it impossible to strike fear into potential targets. Also angering him may break his concentration and just make him hurl insults instead.

Personality: He tries to act very charming, and lingers around the ladies more than the men. THough that's because he doesn't get along with men very well; In fact, he isn't very sociable. Though he may play himself of as being suave, he can act very childish, and be very stubborn. He is prone to pouting when things don't go his way, and may throw an insult at whomever is annoying him. He can also be easily angered. Nick is a bit more emotionally volatile than most men his age, and can go through extreme emotional changes depending on environment.

History: He was born in Hell, as most demons are. He was raised by two noble demons (a duke and duchess), and lived in Hell most of his childhood, moving to Earth when he was about 7 years old. Nick's parents were never home, however, leaving him and his younger sister to be raised by the few house maids that would come to clean and cook for the family. When Nick was around 12, he began to care for himself and his sister, even going as far to help the house maids clean and cook. His parents were against this and he would be scolded, but would just shrug it off and continue helping, anyway. As he grew up though, his helpfulness had slowed to a stop and he began to seclude himself from his family, just as they had done to him years earlier. Nick had also lost his senses of maturity, or at least he began to act like he had lost all of his maturity. By the time he'd entered high school, he was almost never home, wondering around the city at night and in school during the day, unless he decided to skip school that day. When Nick had become a junior in high school, however, his parents had had enough of his disobedient and childish behaviour, and sent him out of the house, forcing him to live on his own. He seemed unaffected by this outwardly, though had development a hatred of his parents, and felt he was disowned from them, though that wasn't the case in reality. The rest of his time in high school was pretty boring, as he graduated and decided to go to college for journalism. He now lives in a studio apartment by his school, and is finally gaining some responsibility back in his life.

Other: When he's not writing, playing music, or wondering about, he can be found cooking. He works as a suichef in a restaurant near by his apartment, and enjoys his job to no end.
Back to top Go down
http://pizza-wentzz.tumblr.com/
guttersvoice
New Kid
guttersvoice

PostSubject: Re: Modern Fantasy OOC Thread   Modern Fantasy OOC Thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 15, 2013 9:59 am

Oh man, ill go through nicks form later today hopefully
i hope thats ok unu
Back to top Go down
guttersvoice
New Kid
guttersvoice

PostSubject: Re: Modern Fantasy OOC Thread   Modern Fantasy OOC Thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 15, 2013 10:27 am

((sorry for the double post, i wanted to keep this separate))

Modern Fantasy OOC Thread - Page 2 Tumblr_monwo9NAPw1qe7jz7o1_1280

Name: Siavash Amir

Nickname(s): Amir isn’t his real name, it’s a surname he chose because he was signing up for something online that wanted his surname. He’d much rather people called him by his full title, which is ‘Siavash of the Tumultous Plains’, but lots of people just call him Vash and it’s awful.

Species: Gay sex demon.
No, that's a joke, sorry.
Demon. He’s got fae blood, but demon’s what he was raised as and looks like, mostly.
His mother's a succubus so technically speaking he's an incubus, but if asked (provided he's not already flirting with you) he'll just say demon.
His fae heritage is basically just so I can give him most of the weaknesses, and very few of the strengths of both his species. (he can gain energy from sex, but he can't suck out souls or anything. he can make smoke and the occasional spark, but he's not so great with actual fire. he's essentially allergic to salt and iron, and he's shit at magic. all he's really good for is charming the pants off people.)
He tries to hide that he's part fairy, cause that's pretty embarrassing in a family of demons, but it's pretty obvious just from his colouration (most of his family follow the typical red/black colour scheme. he has brothers who are basically the Full Satan. think south park or ugly americans.).
(hes not even actually gay, to clarify. he's into whatever you're into because that's how he works as an incubus. it's all about his partner, not him. that's not very relevant. whatever.)

Build: Uncomfortably tall and uncomfortably thin. He never considered that his glamour needed to alter his build as well, so he's about six and a half feet tall and looks skinnier than he should be at that height. Sort of stretched-looking. He has enough muscle that he's not gross, though.

Appearance: His glamour makes him look like a dark-skinned (probably Iranian, since his name is Persian) man with a crooked smile and golden eyes - he has excellent bone structure, high cheekbones and a long nose, but his smile is perhaps a little too wide for his face. His hair is black, reaches his shoulderblades, and is usually pulled back into a rough ponytail, with a few locks escaping and falling into his face. His real shape is very similar in appearance when it comes to facial features, but his skin is a dark grey, and his hair is a blue-green colour. Additionally, he has a pair of black, ram-like horns and a tail similar to a lions. His bones, including his sharp teeth, are black, and his blood is blue, which means his tongue and blush are also blue. His eyes glow a gentle green, and his ears are pointed and pierced.
The shadows he casts are red and he can't glamour that away.

Age: ??? about 400, ish. He hasn't ever kept track of his birthdays. He looks to be in his late twenties/early thirties.

Speciality: Siavash’s talent is draping himself attractively over pieces of furniture and making sarcastic comments.
Ahaha, no, Siavash is charming. Literally; he has a natural charm that draws people to him and lowers their guard. He inherited that from his mother. This is particularly useful when he needs to  distract or lure in a person, though he does get lazy sometimes and just drop his interest in them halfway through if he’s bored - or he gets distracted in the opposite way and winds up finding them a hotel room. As well as this, he’s physically and mentally fast, and a dab hand at taking things apart and putting them back together (though he usually doesn’t really know what he’s doing or what he’s messing with does.)

Likes: Smoke. His body naturally produces it, so there’s almost always a thin, pale line trailing from his mouth or nose. He took up smoking to disguise this from ordinary humans, and though it’s had no ill effects on his decidedly not-human lungs, he’s definitely become an addict. He finds the different flavours enticing, so he buys a different brand of cigarettes every week, and occasionally tries out cigarillos and cigars – and every now and then smokes something less-than-legal, though that’s not his preference; his favourites are Djarum Blacks and Sobranies. You can basically make him do anything by promising him fancy cigarettes.

Dislikes: He’s not a fan of consuming plant or animal matter via the mouth in order to digest it to create energy. He doesn’t have to eat, being a demon (mostly he feeds off the energy of others - being an incubus, this is specifically sexual energy) so the very concept is disgusting to him. He has to look away when people are eating around him. Drinking is fine, though, and sometimes he even chooses to have a drink himself - but only very strong spirits, since his insides are kinda...burning. Water is a big no.

Powers: Other than the smoke, Siavash can, if he focuses really hard and properly exerts himself, form small, clumsy flames, but there's really no point (unless he seriously can't find his lighter). His fae blood gives him one particular advantage over most demons: instead of casting on individual humans to see something other than their true shape, Siavash can use glamours to change his appearance far more easily.
He's just not very good at it.

Weaknesses: He’s not well-trained in the use of glamour, since he was raised a demon and had to figure out fae magic all by himself. This means that his glamour is only on one ‘layer’; anyone with even mild second sight will be able to see his true shape. His smoke can’t be hidden easily, and his flame-based powers are very weak. He likes to blame his fae blood for ‘dampening his true nature’. He's also highly allergic to iron and salt.

Personality: Due to a life spent being spoiled and having his every whim catered to up until recently, Siavash is quite lazy, though if it’s pointed out that he’s being lazy or acting like a spoiled brat then he’ll usually hop up and get to whatever he was supposed to be doing.
He can be very brattish about things, too, laughing off requests for help and leaving dirty plates/clothes lying around once he’s done with them, because he’s not too bothered about what others think of him – or at least, so he claims.
All his life everyone has at least seemed to adore him. Now that he's decided to take a few years out of hell and interacting with real live humans, he's found that while he expects everyone to be massively interested in him, not many people live up to his expectations.
That doesn't really stop him from expecting to be well-liked, but it does make him want to actually earn himself at least one real friend who doesn't just like him because they have to or because of his charm.

History: Siavash’s parents met on midsummer, both gallivanting about in the human world for a night. His mother, a succubus, found it very easy to get into several fairies’ beds, so he doesn’t know who his father was, only that he was most likely a member of the Unseelie Court. Not that he cares. He was raised as a demon and therefore thinks of himself as a demon, no matter what species his father was – although the more fae-like abilities aren’t something he’s gonna completely ignore or turn down.
His succubus mother has essentially slept her way into power, so he’s been living the high life from birth. He's essentially part of the demon aristocracy, and has the blue blood to prove it. He spent most of his life lazing about or investigating  his mother’s huge library, teaching himself the scraps of fairy magic he could find out about.
Understandably, he's gotten quite bored of that, which is why he’s currently in the human world. He decided he would spend a human lifetime living amongst humans just for fun, and so he's made his way up from Below very recently - in fact, at the start of this roleplay, he's spent three nights on Earth so far, all of which we're spent in hotel rooms with people who - though he doesnt understand why - paid him money to eat his fill.

Other: To get a proper idea of what Siavash is like, imagine a heart-shaped picture frame containing a photo of Siavash laid out elegantly on a sofa. The picture is signed ‘To Me, you’re a superstar. Love from Me xxx’ and there is a large red kissprint beside his face.
Back to top Go down
Erie, Man of Danger
Paranaturalist
Erie, Man of Danger

PostSubject: Re: Modern Fantasy OOC Thread   Modern Fantasy OOC Thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 15, 2013 12:40 pm

Okay, I have read through your first post in the RP. I have some suggestions and observations and I am sorry if I am offending you or angering you in any way.

I think you misunderstand what a GM needs to do to run a campaign/tell a collaborative story. He/She is in charge of the World and All the non-player characters in it, they control the weather, the background, the economy, the people in it, and everything else. The players are the one interacting with the world, exploring the world the GM has created, and making the descisions at the plot roads and whether or not to follow them.

Because of this dichotomy, the GM should not be play a full player character as well. It is a conflict of interest as he is control of the entire world and it is a great temptation to favor your character. The GM playing a pc also requires a large amount of trust from the other players that he will not abuse this authority.

I feel you are trying to do such with Zeke and probably down the road Siavash as evidence by your first post. It is a great player post, tells me about Zeke and gives a good indication of his thoughts and action, but it is not a GM post. It pays little attention to the world, and tells me little about the bar, I see names with barely any context and the focus is entirely on Zeke and not the world you need to create as the GM.

I am not saying that you shouldn't use Zeke or any of your OC and it is fine that can help or stick with us, but they shouldn't cross the line from NPC to PC. They shouldn't be the star of the show, never make the major decisions or be the one to solve the problems of the story, they are not the main focus, the player characters are.

I have read your about your characters in your tumblr and I understand your excitement about them, but I think it would help for you to place that same excitement on the world you are creating.

I highly suggest you watch this movie, it is a great example on how a GM can use a NPC in a party without overshadowing them or having the character step beyond his role as a NPC. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tOUksDJCijw

The GM aloud the players to get invested in the character he made and that caused to the players to care that he died and one of them used a wish to revive him from the dead. He also did not overshadow the players, stayed in the background, helped the party, and the GM was willing to kill him off.

A good question now to ask is this, would you be willing to let Zeke die if the plot demanded it or one of our actions lead to his demise?

My end point is that GM's role is in a lot of ways opposites to a player as he makes the obstacles, plays the villains and hides the mysteries. It is rare for him to also play a PC because it requires a great amount of self control and trust from the other players for him not to cheat, because otherwise, he might as well be playing by himself and just write a story.
Back to top Go down
Baron Von Aardvark
Paranaturalist
Baron Von Aardvark

PostSubject: Re: Modern Fantasy OOC Thread   Modern Fantasy OOC Thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 16, 2013 5:42 pm

I am going to have somewhere between spotty and non existent internet connection until next sunday. I apologize for inconveniencing the narrative, and I hope I can shove myself back into it later.
Back to top Go down
Erie, Man of Danger
Paranaturalist
Erie, Man of Danger

PostSubject: Re: Modern Fantasy OOC Thread   Modern Fantasy OOC Thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 05, 2013 3:32 am

Since I don't want to waste Sev as a character idea and I don't know if gutters is ever coming back, I'm going to see about writing a short for him for here based on this setting, just to get it out if no one minds.
Back to top Go down
Baron Von Aardvark
Paranaturalist
Baron Von Aardvark

PostSubject: Re: Modern Fantasy OOC Thread   Modern Fantasy OOC Thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 05, 2013 3:34 am

Sounds cool, I look forward to reading it.
Back to top Go down
Erie, Man of Danger
Paranaturalist
Erie, Man of Danger

PostSubject: Re: Modern Fantasy OOC Thread   Modern Fantasy OOC Thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 22, 2014 7:10 pm

The tall man led the little girl into the alleyway holding her hand. He smiled down at the child to reassure her as they made their way into one of the darker corners of the city.

“Are you sure my mommy is this way?” the little girl asked. She wore a bright yellow pancho over her pink sweater and dress with many colors. Her yellow boots splashed in the puddles below.

“Why of course she is my little Ímbiss. I’m sure she’s worried sick about you. How about we make haste?” His smile never wavered. The little girl fond him rather funny, wearing a black tux suit in the middle of the day. His pale skin and bald head made most of the adults keep their distance from him, as if refusing to look at him. She never understood why, he seemed like a nice enough man. His smile showed nothing but warmth, it reminded her of her mother when she gave her a drawing in crayon, or when she told her stories. He also smelled rather nice she thought.

The alley seemed to grow in size as the shadows of the buildings around it blanketed the area. The little girl tightened her grip on the man’s hand, causing a little chuckle to come from the man.

They passed by a bright blue colored shoe as they made their way. The little girl rather liked the shoe, it had dolphins on it and it looked to fit her size. She wondered if her mommy would allow her to keep the shoe on their way back home.

A couple more moments passed as the two turned a corner, reaching a dead end in the alley. The little girl chirped up. “Where’s mommy? I thought you said mommy would be here?”

The man let go of her hand and started to walk backwards, taking slow steps behind her, forcing her to turn around to face the grinning man.

“I’m sorry my little Ímbiss, normally I rather like taunting you young ones. Fear, especially beyond all hope, makes a dish especially tasty, but alas, I don’t have the time now-a-days.  There used to be a time when I could snack all day and not fear interruption. I miss when I could do the slow reveal.” The man gave a sigh as he stared at the little girl, the warmth in his smile disappearing.

The little girl started to tremble, something was wrong. “W-what are y-you t-talking about M-mister.?”

“Ah, you didn’t listen, did you? I told you I didn’t have enough time to chat. All I want to hear is your screams.” As he spoke he started to grow taller before her eyes, taller and more spindly.

The black tux he wore stretched and morphed, becoming the consistency on rough black leather. His former skin seemed to fuse with the suit to become one uniform body as it grew paler. His fingers elongated to long thing needle-like talons, and his shoes morphed and fused to become strange black bird-like feet. The tails of the suit became one literal tail as it grew to the length of the new near 8 feet tall body, its end formed a blade that looked like a butcher-knife in shape.

Out of all the features, his face warped the worst. His nose shrunk in and disappeared, leaving only slits and his smile grew to near his ears as his mouth started to fill with dual rows of razor like teeth. His eyes grew large, filled with nothing but black. The form hunched over as it looked at the little girl.

She gave the thing that used to be a man exactly what it wanted. She screamed.

She couldn’t move, her legs refused to work. She didn’t know why. She wanted to run, she wanted to get away. She wanted to go home, to jump into her mommy’s arms. SHE WANTED TO SEE HER MOTHER!

The creature reached out to grab his prey slowly, as if enjoying the moment, till a voice pierced the wails, surprising both occupants of the alley, making both stop what they were doing to look at the source of the voice.

“This one requests you stop scaring the child.” Was what the voice said in an even voice, despite what it must be seeing at the moment.

The creature grew too curious, he had to see who the voice belong to. It turned away to find a man it could best describe as a hobo, or at least a very recent one.

His tattered layers of clothes were wet, a red scarf filled with holes around his neck. His pants and shoes were considerably nicer, but not used to the elements they were being put through. His expression was rather blank. His eyes were indeed locked onto the creature, but his body didn’t look tense, his face didn’t seem to give anything away. The man was absolutely still, not out of fear, but out of unnatural calmness.

The creature would grimace if it could. It hadn’t expected an interruption and in mourned that it could not savor its meal. It needed to kill this man quickly so it could eat before more showed up.

With the creatures gaze no longer on the girl, whatever spell that was on her legs was gone. They no longer felt like lead weights. So she took the opportunity and ran. She couldn’t possibly get passed the thing that used to be a man, so she ran to the dumpster, no plan was in her head except to run and hide if she could.

The creature was alerted to her movement and turned to face her as she scurried behind the dumpster. It let out what was best described as a hiss and quickly reached with its hand again to catch her and impale her. It was stopped in surprise as she felt someone grip its tail like iron and literally pull him back a few inches, making him no longer in reach of the girl as she dove behind the dumpster.

It hissed angrily and turned to find the hobo holding its tail, still with the blank expression on its face. “This one wishes not to repeat itself.”

It had enough of the hobo as it struggled to free its tail from the man’s grip, surprised and frustrated it could not. It lunged with its hand like a spear, it’s intent to impale the man with its long and sharp digits.

The man caught the blow like it with one hand, leaving the other to grip the tail. The creature, surprised and frustrated he could not simply lift the man as he proved surprisingly too heavy for his tail and finger roared let out an unearthly sound at the man.

“Oh, this one understands now. The one before this one is nothing but an animal.” It said with absolute clarity, like this was a sudden epiphany. And with that, he tore the creatures finger and tale blade right off.

The creature screamed in surprised pain and agony as black ichor that was its blood spilled from its wounds all over the alley.

Desperate to strike back, it leaped toward the man, its cries showing nothing but anger. The man had leaped in return, catching the creature off guard for the second time and a third time when they collided, the man’s weight causing the creature to be the one who was knocked back as he stabbed its stolen finger and blade of its tail into the creatures chest.

More black ichor flew, around and the creature screamed, splattering the man in the strange liquid. The creature fell dead rather quickly after they landed on the ground, the man on top of its chest, it spasmed as life faded from it.

The man stepped off the creature, his face still not changing from his expression. He walked over to the girl who could only stare at the corpse of the creature until he was right in front of her.

“This one inquires if you are alright.” He spoke in an even tone.

The little girl stared at him for a couple of seconds before beginning to cry. “I miss my mommy!” she managed to sob out.

The man kneeled to the level of the girl. “Then this one shall accompany in the pursuit of finding her.” He stated again. He spoke as if it the answer was as plain as day.

“R-really?” The little girl said as her sobs started to slowdown in pace.

“Indeed.”

“The last man told me the same thing.”

“Is this one the ‘last man’?” He inquired.

“N-no, the last man wore a tux and turned into a monster.” The girl replied.

“This one has never worn a tux nor is capable of turning into a monster. Is that satisfactory for you little one?”

The sobbing combined with a pout as only little children can do. “My name is Sally, and I’m four years old, I’m a big girl!”

“This one apologizes. Is Miss Sally satisfied that this one will not turn into a monster or wear a tux?”

Sally paused for a couple of seconds before replying. “…yes.”

“Then let this one and Miss Sally make haste.”

“Wait!” She cried. “I don’t know your name mister!”

For once, the man’s expression changed, he gave a soft small smile. “This one is rather fond of the name Sev.”

The girl finally did her best to smile back, despite the fresh tears on her face. “Then Sev, lets go!” She grabbed his hand, and they went off. They left the alley and the monster in it behind.
Back to top Go down
Erie, Man of Danger
Paranaturalist
Erie, Man of Danger

PostSubject: Re: Modern Fantasy OOC Thread   Modern Fantasy OOC Thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 22, 2014 7:11 pm

Notes: Booyah, promised this one a while ago, finally did it. I actually finished a story!
Back to top Go down
Soroya123
Paranaturalist
Soroya123

PostSubject: Re: Modern Fantasy OOC Thread   Modern Fantasy OOC Thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 22, 2014 9:02 pm

OMG THIS IS GOLD. I REALLY WISH WE COULD HAVE DONE THIS RPG
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Modern Fantasy OOC Thread   Modern Fantasy OOC Thread - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Modern Fantasy OOC Thread

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2