The Activity Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Activity Club

For the fans of Zack Morrison's webcomic Paranatural.

PortalHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Top posters
Erie, Man of Danger
What are you doing up so late? - Page 3 Vote_lcapWhat are you doing up so late? - Page 3 Voting_barWhat are you doing up so late? - Page 3 Vote_rcap 
Wealthy Lord Asssprite
What are you doing up so late? - Page 3 Vote_lcapWhat are you doing up so late? - Page 3 Voting_barWhat are you doing up so late? - Page 3 Vote_rcap 
Soroya123
NinjaKitten
Baron Von Aardvark
Spidey
Leo M. R.
W!tch
Westbrook
tylerouzts
Latest topics
» Chapter Seven
What are you doing up so late? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 20, 2021 10:11 pm by ThePyromaniac

» Hear me out... (BERG theory)
What are you doing up so late? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 06, 2020 12:32 pm by janusjekyll

» Hello Activity Club
What are you doing up so late? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 22, 2020 9:07 am by janusjekyll

» Non-specific Greeting
What are you doing up so late? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 04, 2020 5:05 pm by Westbrook

» (slides in) Good Evening
What are you doing up so late? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 03, 2020 4:51 pm by Clayview

» I shout into the void
What are you doing up so late? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 03, 2020 4:49 pm by Clayview

Statistics
We have 325 registered users
The newest registered user is AL

Our users have posted a total of 14282 messages in 355 subjects
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

What are you doing up so late?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
UniversalMonster
Seeing Shades
UniversalMonster

What are you doing up so late? - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What are you doing up so late?   What are you doing up so late? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun May 29, 2016 5:01 am

I'm up at 5am cause I'm getting over being sick, and I went to bed early. So here I am!

Would that count as being up too late or too early since I'm waking up?
Back to top Go down
NinjaKitten
Paranaturalist
NinjaKitten

PostSubject: Re: What are you doing up so late?   What are you doing up so late? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun May 29, 2016 6:16 pm

I'd say too early. Too late is when you're up at 5 and still haven't gotten any sleep since you woke up yesterday morning.
Back to top Go down
UniversalMonster
Seeing Shades
UniversalMonster

PostSubject: Re: What are you doing up so late?   What are you doing up so late? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon May 30, 2016 7:16 am

Welp I've done goofed then! Sorry. Guess my brain wasn't working that early.
Back to top Go down
NinjaKitten
Paranaturalist
NinjaKitten

PostSubject: Re: What are you doing up so late?   What are you doing up so late? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue May 31, 2016 11:36 am

It's totally understandable though, so no need to apologize!
Back to top Go down
UniversalMonster
Seeing Shades
UniversalMonster

PostSubject: Re: What are you doing up so late?   What are you doing up so late? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 17, 2016 3:39 am

Well, I'm doing it right this time! It's 3:33am right now as I type this. I hadn't slept since 2pm when I woke up!

From 12-2am, I worked on stuff for the next Maggie ABC update. And I think I can get to sleep cause of how excited I am cause there wasn't a reply on the 4chan thread for about a week, but someone finally made a reply yesterday. I mean, the long delay was kinda refreshing, but I'm excited to get back to doing it after a week!

One thing I worry about though is that I don't know what I need to do. My body is kinda tired, but my mind is being a little restless, so should I try to sleep, or try to stay up? To sleep or not to sleep, that is the question!
Back to top Go down
NinjaKitten
Paranaturalist
NinjaKitten

PostSubject: Re: What are you doing up so late?   What are you doing up so late? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 17, 2016 8:23 pm

I say sleep, if your body needs it.
Back to top Go down
UniversalMonster
Seeing Shades
UniversalMonster

PostSubject: Re: What are you doing up so late?   What are you doing up so late? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 17, 2016 10:43 pm

It's a little too late for that. I ended up staying up until 7am for several reasons, though I have to say that the last hour of it was me laying down trying to get to sleep.

I woke up at 10am somehow, laid in bed until 12, and then fell back to sleep until 5pm.
Back to top Go down
PretenseAndPoison
Seeing Shades
PretenseAndPoison

PostSubject: Re: What are you doing up so late?   What are you doing up so late? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 18, 2016 2:41 am

I honestly don't consider the nighttime hours to be especially late- I guess I've just always been more of a nocturnal being.

Of course, working in a Bar&Grille style restaurant hasn't exactly left me with any other free time, either. Happy one-in-the-morning, fellows!
Back to top Go down
Westbrook
Spectral
Westbrook

PostSubject: Re: What are you doing up so late?   What are you doing up so late? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 18, 2016 4:34 am

Playin' Overwatch until 1:30 am with my friends in EST (so 4:30 am their time, what the heck are they doing)
Back to top Go down
UniversalMonster
Seeing Shades
UniversalMonster

PostSubject: Re: What are you doing up so late?   What are you doing up so late? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 18, 2016 5:21 pm

PretenseAndPoison wrote:
I honestly don't consider the nighttime hours to be especially late- I guess I've just always been more of a nocturnal being.

Of course, working in a Bar&Grille style restaurant hasn't exactly left me with any other free time, either. Happy one-in-the-morning, fellows!

Time is a weird concept. At the same time right now, it's a different time somewhere else!

Westbrook wrote:
Playin' Overwatch until 1:30 am with my friends in EST (so 4:30 am their time, what the heck are they doing)

Apparently what they're doing is playing Overwatch at 4:30 in the morning. Must be pretty fun for them to be playing that late.
Back to top Go down
PretenseAndPoison
Seeing Shades
PretenseAndPoison

PostSubject: Re: What are you doing up so late?   What are you doing up so late? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 19, 2016 3:10 am

UniversalMonster wrote:
PretenseAndPoison wrote:

Time is a weird concept. At the same time right now, it's a different time somewhere else!

Westbrook wrote:

Apparently what they're doing is playing Overwatch at 4:30 in the morning. Must be pretty fun for them to be playing that late.

When else are you going to get your game on, honestly?
Back to top Go down
UniversalMonster
Seeing Shades
UniversalMonster

PostSubject: Re: What are you doing up so late?   What are you doing up so late? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 19, 2016 5:05 am

Idk, I just play games a little bit throughout the day.

And here I am up at 5am cause I wanted to color a drawing of mine. I was working on the drawing since 2. I could barely stop myself, but my body need rest, so I stopped at like 4:30 and layed down. I'm probably gonna eat after posting this cause I'm a little low on energy.
Back to top Go down
PretenseAndPoison
Seeing Shades
PretenseAndPoison

PostSubject: Re: What are you doing up so late?   What are you doing up so late? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 23, 2016 4:44 am

Just approaching four A.M. because I was finishing a reread of Guilded Age. I'm back to current now- time to archive dive The Last Diplomat.

Then again, I'm almost always awake at this hour- so I can hardly consider myself "up late".
Back to top Go down
UniversalMonster
Seeing Shades
UniversalMonster

PostSubject: Re: What are you doing up so late?   What are you doing up so late? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 23, 2016 8:03 am

If you're almost always awake at 4am, what does your daily schedule look like?
Back to top Go down
PretenseAndPoison
Seeing Shades
PretenseAndPoison

PostSubject: Re: What are you doing up so late?   What are you doing up so late? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 25, 2016 2:55 am

UniversalMonster wrote:
If you're almost always awake at 4am, what does your daily schedule look like?

Well, I usually wake up early mornings (9AM) on mondays and/or thursdays, fridays and saturdays to open the kitchen, spend five or six hours prepping, cooking, cleaning, take a break, return for evening shift to repeat, then go home around eleven PM to midnight depending on the day.

Since the morning shifts are only on days that I double, I tend to sleep during the AM hours and wake up closer to 3pm to get ready for evening shifts. Since I work the doubles on stock-days and weekends, that leaves me with tuesdays and wednesdays to reliably get some sleep.

I used to work sunday around noontime to clean the building, but they sacked off that entire shift to hire outside contractors- I kind of miss it. Oh well.

::Edit:: Additional clarification::

I usually get to sleep around 5am, right after I feed the cats. If I try to sleep before feeding them, they wake me up, because they love -food.- me.

Since I usually get either the Monday or the Thursday morning off (we rotate our stockworkers), that leaves me with three doubleshifts that I get my four hours, work the morning, then take a nap during my break.
Back to top Go down
UniversalMonster
Seeing Shades
UniversalMonster

PostSubject: Re: What are you doing up so late?   What are you doing up so late? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 25, 2016 3:47 am

Ah ok. Thanks for the additional clarification, that info made it easier for me to piece everything together. Taking double shifts does sound tough. So basically "late" for you would be like 5am-9am, or 5am-3pm if you aren't doing double shifts.

It's going on 4am right now for me (so almost 3am for you) and I'm up cause I screwed up my sleep schedule. I got up at 11pm so I've been up for a few hours. I was suppose to go buy stuff with my debit card, but I forgot my pin code... so instead I ended I bought a zebra cake for 50 cents from change in my pocket and just got home...

Back to top Go down
PretenseAndPoison
Seeing Shades
PretenseAndPoison

PostSubject: Re: What are you doing up so late?   What are you doing up so late? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 26, 2016 1:18 am

UniversalMonster wrote:
Ah ok. Thanks for the additional clarification, that info made it easier for me to piece everything together. Taking double shifts does sound tough. So basically "late" for you would be like 5am-9am, or 5am-3pm if you aren't doing double shifts.

It's going on 4am right now for me (so almost 3am for you) and I'm up cause I screwed up my sleep schedule.  I got up at 11pm so I've been up for a few hours. I was suppose to go buy stuff with my debit card, but I forgot my pin code... so instead I ended I bought a zebra cake for 50 cents from change in my pocket and just got home...

12:12 AM- I actually got off my shift a bit early tonight, I was supposed to close but our second-newest coworker offered to take the shift off my hands and we swapped. Double shifts are the meat and potatoes of my paycheck- and they're what allow for actually getting off days at all on a 40-hour period. They can be a bit of a pain to work through, though.

If I'm still awake too far past 6AM I won't even bother trying to sleep, since it's now officially Sunday and I have the time to myself to flagrantly misuse (by doing laundry or something idk) Woo, anarchy!.

Oh man, a Zebra cake sounds so good right now. Like, practically speaking they're just of a decent boxed pastry quality, but oh, how the hunger embellishes. The second the gas station opens at 2Am, or a respectable twenty minutes after that, I am /so/ going to go get me one of those.
Back to top Go down
UniversalMonster
Seeing Shades
UniversalMonster

PostSubject: Re: What are you doing up so late?   What are you doing up so late? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 26, 2016 11:43 am

Haha yeah zebra cakes are good. Normally I go after iced honey buns, but I didn't feel like spending almost a dollar for one, and since it was 2am and I'm impatient to wait 'til I get home to eat my snack, I didn't want the nighttime bugs to instantly swarm me when I ate outside. Honey buns are sticky.

A little more on topic, I might have fixed my sleep schedule for now. I went to bed around 11pm last night and woke up today at 8am. Hopefully it stays like this until after my eye exam tuesday.
Back to top Go down
PretenseAndPoison
Seeing Shades
PretenseAndPoison

PostSubject: Re: What are you doing up so late?   What are you doing up so late? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 26, 2016 11:07 pm

Wouldn't that be dandy? Getting your circadian back under reigns is always a comfort.
Back to top Go down
NinjaKitten
Paranaturalist
NinjaKitten

PostSubject: Re: What are you doing up so late?   What are you doing up so late? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 10, 2016 5:09 pm

It is!

I didn't have any problems with jet lag in Japan because of my horrible sleeping patterns, but now that I'm back that pattern no longer matches up with the day, so I'll have to get it under control again now. Sad I guess it could be labelled jet lag now?
Back to top Go down
UniversalMonster
Seeing Shades
UniversalMonster

PostSubject: Re: What are you doing up so late?   What are you doing up so late? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 10, 2016 10:44 pm

I don't know if you can call it jet lag now, but I think you can definitely use it as an excuse right now!
Back to top Go down
NinjaKitten
Paranaturalist
NinjaKitten

PostSubject: Re: What are you doing up so late?   What are you doing up so late? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 11, 2016 7:33 am

Oh dear. I'm up at 5am. I believe this is because I am watching anime instead of sleeping.
Back to top Go down
Westbrook
Spectral
Westbrook

PostSubject: Re: What are you doing up so late?   What are you doing up so late? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 15, 2016 12:43 am

Which one? I thought about starting some lately...
Back to top Go down
PretenseAndPoison
Seeing Shades
PretenseAndPoison

PostSubject: Re: What are you doing up so late?   What are you doing up so late? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 16, 2016 2:18 am

I would also be curious as to which one. I don't watch as much as I used to, but getting some variety in my media consumption is never a bad thing.

(Currently up at 1:18 AM debating whether I should risk napping or pull an all-nighter to cash my check at the banks' drive-through window in the morning)
Back to top Go down
NinjaKitten
Paranaturalist
NinjaKitten

PostSubject: Re: What are you doing up so late?   What are you doing up so late? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 17, 2016 10:38 am

The ones I've been watching most recently are Re:Life, Re:ZERO, Shounen Maid (it's cute, and also totally safe. Slice-of-life), and Hikaru no Go.

I watched the last two in Japan (and finished them too) on my phone. Re:ZERO I've been keeping up with for a while, but Re:Life is the one I've watched most recently.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What are you doing up so late?   What are you doing up so late? - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What are you doing up so late?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Activity Club :: Mayview Middle School :: Hall Talk-