The Activity Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Activity Club

For the fans of Zack Morrison's webcomic Paranatural.

PortalHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Top posters
Erie, Man of Danger
Pokemon Tabletop Adventures ICC - Page 7 Vote_lcapPokemon Tabletop Adventures ICC - Page 7 Voting_barPokemon Tabletop Adventures ICC - Page 7 Vote_rcap 
Wealthy Lord Asssprite
Pokemon Tabletop Adventures ICC - Page 7 Vote_lcapPokemon Tabletop Adventures ICC - Page 7 Voting_barPokemon Tabletop Adventures ICC - Page 7 Vote_rcap 
Soroya123
NinjaKitten
Baron Von Aardvark
Spidey
Leo M. R.
W!tch
Westbrook
tylerouzts
Latest topics
» Chapter Seven
Pokemon Tabletop Adventures ICC - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 20, 2021 10:11 pm by ThePyromaniac

» Hear me out... (BERG theory)
Pokemon Tabletop Adventures ICC - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 06, 2020 12:32 pm by janusjekyll

» Hello Activity Club
Pokemon Tabletop Adventures ICC - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 22, 2020 9:07 am by janusjekyll

» Non-specific Greeting
Pokemon Tabletop Adventures ICC - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 04, 2020 5:05 pm by Westbrook

» (slides in) Good Evening
Pokemon Tabletop Adventures ICC - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 03, 2020 4:51 pm by Clayview

» I shout into the void
Pokemon Tabletop Adventures ICC - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 03, 2020 4:49 pm by Clayview

Statistics
We have 325 registered users
The newest registered user is AL

Our users have posted a total of 14282 messages in 355 subjects
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Pokemon Tabletop Adventures ICC

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 12 ... 18  Next
AuthorMessage
leviatron
Seeing Shades
leviatron

Pokemon Tabletop Adventures ICC - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Tabletop Adventures ICC   Pokemon Tabletop Adventures ICC - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 27, 2013 12:29 am

*face palm* im not sure what i was thinking... i just kinda assumed. dosent matter anyway. poli should be back at full HP now anyway. and about that post. id like to bring up an argument that i should be incorperated. because you went off of the 20 accuricy roll that had no meaning, that means dunsparce was slowed. just something you might need to take into account. if not then i still have something i plan on doing. id still like to hear your ruling first
Back to top Go down
Erie, Man of Danger
Paranaturalist
Erie, Man of Danger

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Tabletop Adventures ICC   Pokemon Tabletop Adventures ICC - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 27, 2013 12:52 am

What.

I'm having a hard time reading that. How would the Dunsparce be slowed, you didn't do anything to impede its movement.

Yes, I gave you an automatic crit from your previous roll, but crits don't cause stuns, or slow mons down. You did do damage, the crit majorly helped, I'm saying your going to have to keep rolling crits if you want to do any serious damage.
Back to top Go down
Baron Von Aardvark
Paranaturalist
Baron Von Aardvark

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Tabletop Adventures ICC   Pokemon Tabletop Adventures ICC - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 27, 2013 1:11 am

He's got a point this time, actually:
Bubble - Water
1d12 - At-Will - 2
Special Attack - Ranged ( 8 )
Effect: 1 Target
Bubble lowers the target’s Speed on 16-20 during Accuracy Check.
Back to top Go down
Erie, Man of Danger
Paranaturalist
Erie, Man of Danger

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Tabletop Adventures ICC   Pokemon Tabletop Adventures ICC - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 27, 2013 1:24 am

Yes and no.

Think of the SPEED stat as the reaction speed, it determines how fast a pokemon can react and who gets to deal damage first. It actually has nothing to do with its movement speed, the distance it can cross in a turn.

There are no moves that affect that speed.

Look at the pokedex in the Capability list. That has its movements speeds over the types of terrain.
Back to top Go down
leviatron
Seeing Shades
leviatron

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Tabletop Adventures ICC   Pokemon Tabletop Adventures ICC - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 27, 2013 2:25 pm

snow procedes to step on dunsparce's tail, trapping it under her foot and (probably) restricting it from attacking

do i even need to roll for damage?
Back to top Go down
Erie, Man of Danger
Paranaturalist
Erie, Man of Danger

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Tabletop Adventures ICC   Pokemon Tabletop Adventures ICC - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 27, 2013 4:11 pm

Snow:

Nope no need to roll for damage unless you gota a damage bonus/strength bonus that can push your damage above an 8

Snow tries to rangle the Dunsparce underfoot, roll a strength check of an 18 or above to actually hold the raging Dunsparce down, you fail, Snow's taking a whopping 28 normal damage to her face.

Humans are incredibly more fragile and weaker than their pokemon. I thought the modifiers would be a good indicator. I also thought a good indicator would be how this Dunsparce is on a Stage 5 in ATK using Rage. I rolled a 22 check for it struggling free on its strength alone, an 18 is lenient.

Paul:

Hour 3:

Hemera: Damage: -1 Exp: 65

Aether: Damage: -0 Exp: 60

.............................................................................................................
Erin:

Erin makes her way to through the forest, to discover that Snow is about to take a huge smack to the face by a glowing red pokemon that looks furious beyond reason, as she struggles to keep it under foot.
Back to top Go down
Baron Von Aardvark
Paranaturalist
Baron Von Aardvark

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Tabletop Adventures ICC   Pokemon Tabletop Adventures ICC - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 27, 2013 4:26 pm

Paul is pleased with the results of his training, and decides to spend another hour while the others resolve whatever they've gotten themselves into.
Back to top Go down
Erie, Man of Danger
Paranaturalist
Erie, Man of Danger

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Tabletop Adventures ICC   Pokemon Tabletop Adventures ICC - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 27, 2013 7:16 pm

While Paul tries to train in the grass, a feamale schoolboy, with chest puffed, strolls up to Paul and shouts. "Yo, I challenge you to a Pokey battle. My Rattata is in the top percentile and could easily take your team!"

He smiles over confidently at Paul, interrupting his training.
Back to top Go down
Baron Von Aardvark
Paranaturalist
Baron Von Aardvark

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Tabletop Adventures ICC   Pokemon Tabletop Adventures ICC - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 27, 2013 9:17 pm

Is it acceptable to heal pokemon in between receiving a challenge and accepting it? It seems like it should be. If not, just ignore the part about the granola.

Paul gives the last of his first granola bag to Aether.
Aether feels slightly refreshed! (1d4=2)

What do you think, Aether, can you handle her Ratata?
Back to top Go down
Erie, Man of Danger
Paranaturalist
Erie, Man of Danger

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Tabletop Adventures ICC   Pokemon Tabletop Adventures ICC - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 27, 2013 9:45 pm

Paul:

Its totally accepted. In fact its common courtesy.

Aether nods and gives a hoot.

"Alright" the kid smiles. "GO! RAT!"

He chucks his pokeball, an flash of light appears, and a rather healthy looking and strong looking Rattata pops out.

"Lets get do this!"

I think I need to retool the training montage, this will give me time to think.
Back to top Go down
Baron Von Aardvark
Paranaturalist
Baron Von Aardvark

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Tabletop Adventures ICC   Pokemon Tabletop Adventures ICC - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 27, 2013 10:46 pm

Aether, start it off with a tackle attack!
Checking accuracy with accuracy check attack~ (1d20=5)
Tackle attack~ (2d6+3=13)

Aether -> Summary:

Last edited by Von Aardvark on Sun Oct 27, 2013 10:55 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
leviatron
Seeing Shades
leviatron

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Tabletop Adventures ICC   Pokemon Tabletop Adventures ICC - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 28, 2013 4:54 pm

snow HP=24

snow looks up and sees erin "you can probably tell i hate asking for help, but this thing is wooping my a**... hard... in short could you help me get this thing down to low enough HP to catch it?"

snow stands up, and wipes some blood off. "go poli! use bubble!"

with its decreased speed, this might be just good enough to hit...
Back to top Go down
Soroya123
Paranaturalist
Soroya123

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Tabletop Adventures ICC   Pokemon Tabletop Adventures ICC - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 28, 2013 7:26 pm

Erin stares aghast at Snow Why would I help you?! You were (or are) stepping on that pokemon! Erin runs forward, dropping her backpack on the ground and blocks the bubble attack with her back. (So 10 damage I guess? Do I subtract from Constitution or strength? Strength would leave me at 53 I think and Constitution would leave me at 60. I think. I'm not sure.) She stands up and shoves Snow off the pokemon (not enough to fall I would think. Do i need to roll?) What in the world gave you the idea that you could step on a pokemon!? Erin stomps over to her bag and puts it back on. She kneels by the pokemon, her hands up in a non threatening gesture Hey are you okay? I'm sorry about that. It won't happen again, I promise.
How do I roll for that? It's a little different right, because the pokemon is enraged?I have lots of questions...Sorry...
Back to top Go down
http://soroya123.tumblr.com/
Erie, Man of Danger
Paranaturalist
Erie, Man of Danger

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Tabletop Adventures ICC   Pokemon Tabletop Adventures ICC - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 28, 2013 9:14 pm

To intercept an attack, you got to roll a 1d20(+Dex mod for trainer only) and beat the attacks Accuracy roll, so to intercept, you need to beat Levi's 4 he rolled.

Damage done to trainer gets reduced by your Con modifier only. Strength never applies here.

Your Strength modifier adds damage to your trainers attacks.

For pushing Luna, you gotta roll an attack roll against her, 6 is the standard Accuracy for a human attack. You don't have to roll to damage her unless your trying to, then all human attacks are 1d6+Strength Mod for damage.

If your trying to befriend the Dunsparce, the roll is the same. Befriending a Pokémon always is a roll of 1d100. The target number you have to roll under is the only thing that will be different, and that's for me to know and you to find out after you've rolled.
Back to top Go down
Soroya123
Paranaturalist
Soroya123

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Tabletop Adventures ICC   Pokemon Tabletop Adventures ICC - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 28, 2013 9:29 pm

INTERCEPTION!
1d20+0 → [12,0] = (12)
Erin HP: 51/60

Mother of God she is clumsy
1d20 → [4] = (4)
Did she actually manage to shove her off?

Oh. My. Gods. WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY
1d100 → [56] = (56)
SEVEN FREAKING POINTSSSSSSSSSSS
Back to top Go down
Spidey
Spectral
Spidey

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Tabletop Adventures ICC   Pokemon Tabletop Adventures ICC - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 28, 2013 10:06 pm

Luna? I think you mean snow Eragon, you're slipping, (for the next two tweeks ill only be here breif periods during the weekdays, I have no internet, so this is what you get for now.)

Yea no, This guy was cute, and did a heck of a lot more than peek Luna's fancy, but she couldn't go after him right now, not with the pokedex stipulation as it is besides , there would be other cute guys for Eragon to force me into a romance wi- to make eye candy out of.

Despite the current fighting between snow and Erin, Luna tried to convince them to calm down

(what checks do i need?)
Back to top Go down
Erie, Man of Danger
Paranaturalist
Erie, Man of Danger

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Tabletop Adventures ICC   Pokemon Tabletop Adventures ICC - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 28, 2013 10:09 pm

Uno: I fixed it already.

Dos: Luna has no line of sight the goings of Erin and Snow, who at this point are in mortal danger!

Luna can kinda see Paul, whose beginning to have a battle.

If you want to track down where Erin and Snow went, roll me a perception and beat a 13.
Back to top Go down
Spidey
Spectral
Spidey

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Tabletop Adventures ICC   Pokemon Tabletop Adventures ICC - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 28, 2013 10:19 pm

Luna uses her perception to track down the pair who are now in MORTAL KOMBA- sorry, wrong genre of dog-fighting game, mortal danger.
Back to top Go down
leviatron
Seeing Shades
leviatron

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Tabletop Adventures ICC   Pokemon Tabletop Adventures ICC - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 28, 2013 10:50 pm

"it attacked first!!! after i kinda steped on it by accident... i then tried to talk with it, but i think it got the wrong idea... but it seemed like a good idea at the time! i thought steping on it would trap it! if it attacked again, it might have knocked out either me or poli! i couldnt afford to put one of us in that position when i didnt know where any of you guys were... im sorry..." as she talks she slowly slips back into her shy self. "im esspecialy sorry to you two dunsparce..." she smiled a shy, meek smile, blood still running from her nose

i decided to make a back up roll, in case soroyas roll wasent enough. i am incredibly surprised as to what i got

Last edited by leviatron on Mon Oct 28, 2013 10:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Baron Von Aardvark
Paranaturalist
Baron Von Aardvark

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Tabletop Adventures ICC   Pokemon Tabletop Adventures ICC - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 28, 2013 10:56 pm

Von Aardvark wrote:
Aether, start it off with a tackle attack!
Checking accuracy with accuracy check attack~ (1d20=5)
Tackle attack~ (2d6+3=13)

Aether -> Summary:
Reposting because I assume you missed it the first time.
Back to top Go down
Erie, Man of Danger
Paranaturalist
Erie, Man of Danger

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Tabletop Adventures ICC   Pokemon Tabletop Adventures ICC - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 28, 2013 11:44 pm

Paul:

Nope, I saw it. I've just been very busy with schoolwork.

The Rattata strikes first as the trainer calls out "Quick Attack!" The pokemon moves at blinding speed, striking Aether for 13 damgage + (Trainer feature: improved attacks= +1)= 14 normal physical damage.

Aether then struggles a little and tries to return the attack, but the rat pokemon moves swiftly out of the way, just barely dodging the attack. The schoolboy gives a grin. "Your going to have to do better than that to hit Rat!"

................................................................................................
Luna:

Luna makes her way through the tree lines, her curiousity getting the better of her as she wonders where the other two party members went when she was off daydreaming.

................................................................................................
Snow and Erin:

Erin jumps in the way of the bubble attack, the suds leaving a small welt on her back. She then tries to push Snow away from the Dunsparce, but trips and accidently ends up missing, struggling to stay on her feet, stepping on the Dunsparces tail as she tries to calm it down, angering it some more.

Then Snow gives the Dunsparce the biggest puppy eyes this side of Johto has EVER seen.

For a couple of seconds, it looks like the Pokémon was going to attack again, but deflates a little and starts to head off in a different direction, it giving a hiss at Snow and Erin as a warning not to follow.

Luna:

Luna then arrives at this scene as she sees two battered teammates and a pokemon 'walking' away, as if those two weren't worth it.
Back to top Go down
Soroya123
Paranaturalist
Soroya123

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Tabletop Adventures ICC   Pokemon Tabletop Adventures ICC - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 28, 2013 11:54 pm

Sorry!! Erin shouts out after it. She quickly scans it then sighs. That could have gone better, but it could have gotten a lot worse. she scratches the back of her head Sorry I shouted at you. I should have heard you out first... But don't step on pokemon. Seriously, they are much stronger than us most of the time. she looks Snow over You hurt anywhere?
Back to top Go down
Baron Von Aardvark
Paranaturalist
Baron Von Aardvark

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Tabletop Adventures ICC   Pokemon Tabletop Adventures ICC - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 29, 2013 12:00 am

Don't let him get to you, Aether. Let's try hypnosis this time.
Aether attempts to put Rat to sleep! (1d20=6)

The dice are not very happy with me, it seems...
Back to top Go down
Erie, Man of Danger
Paranaturalist
Erie, Man of Danger

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Tabletop Adventures ICC   Pokemon Tabletop Adventures ICC - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 29, 2013 1:36 pm

Paul:

"Looks like we got him on the ropes! Keep in striking distance and Focus your Energy!" The Rattata focus is increased and it dodges Aether's hypnotic waves.

"Looks like He's trying to put your to sleep, let's show him we won't go down so easily."
Back to top Go down
leviatron
Seeing Shades
leviatron

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Tabletop Adventures ICC   Pokemon Tabletop Adventures ICC - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 29, 2013 2:42 pm

"its... leaving...i just... i cant... something snaps inside snow
"NNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOoooooo. she calms down, but something is off about her, she suddenly seems empty, and devoid of emotion. "if you know whats good for ya..." by know it is incredibly obvious the voice coming from her vocal cords was not hers. "you'll stop right where you are... and come back over here... i'm not gona let you get away... not for my life... (gotta... have it... its gotta be mine...no one elses...)

roll for intimidation

honestly... i rolled a 1 out of 100, it was a really touching moment, i dont see how you feel it being right to have it just walk away, so im just taking some drastic measures... Twisted Evil 
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Tabletop Adventures ICC   Pokemon Tabletop Adventures ICC - Page 7 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Pokemon Tabletop Adventures ICC

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 7 of 18Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 12 ... 18  Next