The Activity Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Activity Club

For the fans of Zack Morrison's webcomic Paranatural.

PortalHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Top posters
Erie, Man of Danger
Chapter Five Vote_lcapChapter Five Voting_barChapter Five Vote_rcap 
Wealthy Lord Asssprite
Soroya123
NinjaKitten
Baron Von Aardvark
Spidey
Leo M. R.
W!tch
Westbrook
tylerouzts
Latest topics
» Chapter Seven
Chapter Five Icon_minitimeSat Mar 20, 2021 10:11 pm by ThePyromaniac

» Hear me out... (BERG theory)
Chapter Five Icon_minitimeTue Oct 06, 2020 12:32 pm by janusjekyll

» Hello Activity Club
Chapter Five Icon_minitimeTue Sep 22, 2020 9:07 am by janusjekyll

» Non-specific Greeting
Chapter Five Icon_minitimeFri Sep 04, 2020 5:05 pm by Westbrook

» (slides in) Good Evening
Chapter Five Icon_minitimeMon Aug 03, 2020 4:51 pm by Clayview

» I shout into the void
Chapter Five Icon_minitimeMon Aug 03, 2020 4:49 pm by Clayview

Statistics
We have 325 registered users
The newest registered user is AL

Our users have posted a total of 14282 messages in 355 subjects
April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Chapter Five

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 17 ... 34  Next
AuthorMessage
Connorses
New Kid
Connorses

Chapter Five Empty
PostSubject: Chapter Five   Chapter Five Icon_minitimeSun Feb 22, 2015 3:47 am

Okay peoples we're already 15 pages into Chapter Five, it's about time we made a thread...

Plus there's a lot of things I'd like to talk about, mainly the recent pages bring me back to one of my favorite things about Paranatural: I'm still not sure who the "bad guys" are going to be. I'm not even convinced that Johnny will be a villain for the entire story, I mean his fire powers could come in handy one day, who knows! But yeah, we see the Doorman, who seems like a nice guy, helping Isaac to control his rage because it looks like Isaac is about to become some kind of crazed supervillain kid... (on the other hand, would he really have it in him to use that lightning power on another human??) But the Doorman is also close friends with Sir Forge; even though Forge seems reckless and shows little concern for the humans' well being, he is on the same team as the beautiful, mysterious spirit Doorman was talking to on the phone! And then, by contrast, there's the dog-cat-things who apparently always try to ally with the most evil master they can find, so they're definitely "bad guys", but who are they working for??
Back to top Go down
Westbrook
Spectral
Westbrook

Chapter Five Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chapter Five   Chapter Five Icon_minitimeSun Feb 22, 2015 3:25 pm

Connorses wrote:
But yeah, we see the Doorman, who seems like a nice guy, helping Isaac to control his rage because it looks like Isaac is about to become some kind of crazed supervillain kid... (on the other hand, would he really have it in him to use that lightning power on another human??)
Hard to say. He did use a tiny jolt of lighting on Spender, and his spirit called him on it, which seemed to embarrass him. But as for actually going all out on someone, I guess we have yet to really see that.
Back to top Go down
Westbrook
Spectral
Westbrook

Chapter Five Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chapter Five   Chapter Five Icon_minitimeFri Mar 06, 2015 5:02 pm

(I don't know what this forum's rules are on double-posting, so please excuse me if it isn't allowed.)

Today's page certainly included a lot of (albeit vague) story exposition! The last few panels in particular paint Isaac in a completely different light than I had taken him for (although the past few pages, and Isaac's reactions at the end of Chapter 4 seem to have been proper foreshadowing for it.)

It makes me wonder why Isabel said "did a bad thing to one of us" without name-dropping there. I don't know if it's possible she was referring to someone else in the Activity Club that might have graduated, or what.

Also has it even been implied Isabel knew all about the dream hub? With her grandpa and all it makes sense she knows about the Consortium though.
Back to top Go down
Connorses
New Kid
Connorses

Chapter Five Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chapter Five   Chapter Five Icon_minitimeFri Mar 06, 2015 6:52 pm

I recall at some point waaay back someone (I think it was Spender?) talked about how some spectrals have accidentally destroyed whole buildings or had other accidents when they first discovered their power, so I'm really worried Johnny will lose control at some point fairly soon and accidentally burn something. Also, could that be what happened to Isaac? Was there an accident involving lightning and/or strange weather conditions?

Last edited by Connorses on Fri Mar 06, 2015 9:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Westbrook
Spectral
Westbrook

Chapter Five Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chapter Five   Chapter Five Icon_minitimeFri Mar 06, 2015 7:44 pm

Ah, I didn't remember that. I found the page you referenced:

http://www.paranatural.net/index.php?id=62
Back to top Go down
Westbrook
Spectral
Westbrook

Chapter Five Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chapter Five   Chapter Five Icon_minitimeFri Apr 10, 2015 12:06 pm

ARE YOU HYPE FOR HITBALL

This mini-arc seems like it has a lot of options. From today's comic it seems like Johnny might try to recruit Max and Isaac so he can grill them (or let them be on the opposing team so he can grill them from afar?)

Is there a reason Stephen was conveniently written out of this story? All the OTHER characters are here, so it's not because Morrison didn't want to draw him.

Suzy looks ready to grill Max too, probably. She still has that blackmail from the previous chapter.

The Golden Switch is going to become a plot point because foreshadowing, but it's not really until teams are picked that we can try to consider how it will be used.

In the middle of all that, I assume Johnny's going to eventually have a conversation with Forge, but who knows when or where.

There's sure a lot of inconvenient stuff that could pop up in the middle of this game!
Back to top Go down
Baron Von Aardvark
Paranaturalist
Baron Von Aardvark

Chapter Five Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chapter Five   Chapter Five Icon_minitimeFri Apr 10, 2015 3:32 pm

I'm expecting a bit of a rivalry thing between Isabelle and Max. It seems like their relationship is going to get a lot of focus this chapter.

Also, Isabelle is probably going to be the first one diving for the golden switch.
Back to top Go down
Westbrook
Spectral
Westbrook

Chapter Five Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chapter Five   Chapter Five Icon_minitimeFri Apr 10, 2015 8:07 pm

Baron Von Aardvark wrote:
I'm expecting a bit of a rivalry thing between Isabelle and Max. It seems like their relationship is going to get a lot of focus this chapter.
Yeah it does. I really like that, as they're more or less my two favorite characters.

And I'd agree with you about the Golden Switch as well after that look in her eyes, haha.
Back to top Go down
Connorses
New Kid
Connorses

Chapter Five Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chapter Five   Chapter Five Icon_minitimeTue Apr 14, 2015 12:35 pm

Yes!! And don't forget Jeff who is on a quest to hurt some people. And.. well unfortunately I didn't see Isaac in the crowd, which is a shame because there was great potential for drama what with the ability to switch teams or whatever.
Back to top Go down
Connorses
New Kid
Connorses

Chapter Five Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chapter Five   Chapter Five Icon_minitimeFri Jun 12, 2015 2:46 pm

GET HYPE FOR HURTBALL seriously I laughed out loud.

If Suzy doesn't believe Max's story now... Well, we'll see what happens. Maybe she'll change her mind. Of course even is she still doesn't believe in ghosts by the end of this, she at least has a good story for her paper again.
Back to top Go down
bananabread
New Kid

Chapter Five Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chapter Five   Chapter Five Icon_minitimeMon Jul 13, 2015 7:34 am

(Hi. New here.)

Art wise, I think chapter five is amazing (all Paranatural art has always been amazing, but this is a special brand.) A couple of points:

- Was there a reason whatever took control of Jeff instead of another character? Was it because he was there? He had a weak mind/was upset? Is Jeff a spectral?
- How did Max know all that stuff about Agent Day? There is no way he could have known all that from the mission, as even on the way back they wouldn't have talked. Is Agent Day someone he already knew?
- Why was Steven absent from the hitball game? I know that he was in detention, but why was that written? Every other student (sans Isaac) was present, so why was he written out?
- I like how quickly Max folded and gave Suzy information. She didn't believe him, but it was still funny.

Anyway, great chapter so far. Can't wait to read the rest.
Back to top Go down
Blathers
New Kid
Blathers

Chapter Five Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chapter Five   Chapter Five Icon_minitimeTue Jul 14, 2015 9:47 pm

bananabread wrote:
- How did Max know all that stuff about Agent Day? There is no way he could have known all that from the mission, as even on the way back they wouldn't have talked. Is Agent Day someone he already knew?
I remember someone pointing out in the (now non-existent) comment section that Day might have been the girl offering to be Max's babysitter in this comic.
Back to top Go down
Westbrook
Spectral
Westbrook

Chapter Five Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chapter Five   Chapter Five Icon_minitimeWed Jul 15, 2015 11:40 pm

bananabread wrote:
(Hi. New here.)
Hi!  I'm relatively new too.  Welcome! Very Happy

bananabread wrote:
Art wise, I think chapter five is amazing (all Paranatural art has always been amazing, but this is a special brand.) A couple of points:

- Was there a reason whatever took control of Jeff instead of another character? Was it because he was there? He had a weak mind/was upset? Is Jeff a spectral?
I'm currently of the weak mind/was upset opinion.  Also, did the thing that take control of him...come out of the dog?  Looking at that page again, it seems to me like the dog was pissed and then just hella confused, like maybe it was being controlled, and then wasn't being controlled, did a "hey where am I" kind of thing, and took off.  If that's the case, is what was controlling the dog following Isabel because it wanted to take control of her?  And if so (again), why didn't it?

bananabread wrote:
No idea, but I like what Blathers posted about this!

bananabread wrote:
- Why was Steven absent from the hitball game? I know that he was in detention, but why was that written? Every other student (sans Isaac) was present, so why was he written out?
EXACTLY.  I asked the exact same thing about 7 posts up from this one.  It has to be written for a reason...

bananabread wrote:
- I like how quickly Max folded and gave Suzy information. She didn't believe him, but it was still funny.
Classic.

bananabread wrote:
Anyway, great chapter so far. Can't wait to read the rest.
Same.  I hope you stick around with us! Smile
Back to top Go down
Blathers
New Kid
Blathers

Chapter Five Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chapter Five   Chapter Five Icon_minitimeFri Jul 17, 2015 10:43 am

Well, we've finally seen the back of Totally Normal Kid's head, and it... looks gross. I asumed that the head was part of the principal's nose, but apparently her nose is just holding the head up and the ears are part of her nose...? This character's design is all over the place.

Also, Cody's irises are glowing. And they're a bit sketchy around the edges.

Well, definitely no longer the main threat to Jeff in Cody's mind anymore. Student Council Member #2's special technique may never see the light of day.
Back to top Go down
Connorses
New Kid
Connorses

Chapter Five Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chapter Five   Chapter Five Icon_minitimeMon Jul 20, 2015 4:03 pm

First of all, I doubt the entirety of the school is in the same P.E. class and there's a fair chance that Isaac and Steven simply have different schedules for this time of day. Not that big of a logical jump.

I think I have a good general idea of where the chapter was going but that's kind of the style here, Zack is just giving us more and more hints about why everyone was running into the Teacher's Lounge in a panic. And frankly it's hilarious.

I'm pretty sure the thing possessing Jeff does rely on it's target being angry and/or not thinking clearly (which tends to happen when you're angry). The beginning of this chapter is foreshadowing that this spirit wanted to get in the Teacher's Lounge so it could possess an adult. With Jeff wrecking stuff in the gym with his anger powers, rumors about kids jumping through busses and Isaac in full angst mode, there's a lot of tension all around that could wind up giving this "Anger Spirit" a lot of power.
Back to top Go down
Westbrook
Spectral
Westbrook

Chapter Five Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chapter Five   Chapter Five Icon_minitimeMon Jul 20, 2015 10:42 pm

Connorses wrote:
First of all, I doubt the entirety of the school is in the same P.E. class and there's a fair chance that Isaac and Steven simply have different schedules for this time of day. Not that big of a logical jump.
Eh, this page (5-28) implies he's in the same class and just got suspended. Still, he's conveniently not in the hitball game. With respect to the rest of your post, though--perhaps this puts Stephen outside of the school, which is where he needs to be for a Convenient Plot Point(TM)?
Back to top Go down
Blathers
New Kid
Blathers

Chapter Five Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chapter Five   Chapter Five Icon_minitimeTue Jul 21, 2015 7:54 pm

As of page 52, I'm starting to love Dimitri.
So, Cody definitely knows something's up. How much does he know, though? Is he letting his emotions overcome him by running over to Jeff or does he have his own plan? The former is what's probably intended, though.

Also, guy getting hit on the first panel of page 33/directly above Isabel and beside max on page 29 bears some resemblance to Suzy. Maybe they're related? Different eye colours, though.

Also, no updates for next week.
Back to top Go down
Apophyllite
Seeing Shades
Apophyllite

Chapter Five Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chapter Five   Chapter Five Icon_minitimeThu Jul 23, 2015 6:28 pm

Yeah, it's nice to see more of Dimitri. This page offers up a whole different side of him that we haven't seen before. And then there's him saying "Authority that lacks talent doesn't deserve blind compliance". If the theory that he used to be in the activity club is true (which is starting to seem more and more likely (though still seems odd Suzie wouldn't know)) this could point to why he would've left. He might not have been too pleased with having Spender as the person in charge. He also seems the strategising type who wouldn't mind putting others in danger to get stuff done, so that might have rubbed the others the wrong way as well...

Jeff might get bullied a lot and Cody seems very protective of him. He does seem to know something is up but as a friend his default action is to come to Jeff's defense, which is really noble but in this situation maybe not very appropriate...

As for that guy that looks similar to Suzy. They could be related... Siblings are a thing that happens sometimes. If the hitball game is all classes from the same grade they'd have to be twins or very close in age though. Or repeat years could happen I guess. Then again it could just be a similar design. No way to know for sure untill we come to know more about Suzy and her family life...

Also, can't wait for next week :0
All we can do now is carefully scrutinize and discuss every single detail on that one last page.
Back to top Go down
bananabread
New Kid

Chapter Five Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chapter Five   Chapter Five Icon_minitimeFri Jul 24, 2015 11:45 pm

Apophyllite wrote:
As for that guy that looks similar to Suzy. They could be related... Siblings are a thing that happens sometimes. If the hitball game is all classes from the same grade they'd have to be twins or very close in age though. Or repeat years could happen I guess. Then again it could just be a similar design. No way to know for sure until we come to know more about Suzy and her family life...

Mayview isn't a big city with heaps of schools or people or anything, so it's entirely possible they're related. Maybe not necessarily siblings, but they could still be related (cousins, perhaps?) or, like you said, they just look alike.

Though the similarities did make me consider what kind of family Suzy does have. It would probably be a very interesting (funny) one.

As for Cody, he's probably trying to get to Jeff to investigate what is wrong with him. Or hit him over the head.
Back to top Go down
Connorses
New Kid
Connorses

Chapter Five Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chapter Five   Chapter Five Icon_minitimeSat Jul 25, 2015 12:30 pm

SPECULATION: Cody's herioc flaw is that he has an honor code and he can't stand to lose a game of Hitball, even if Jeff is acting crazy.
Back to top Go down
Westbrook
Spectral
Westbrook

Chapter Five Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chapter Five   Chapter Five Icon_minitimeSat Jul 25, 2015 6:20 pm

Connorses wrote:
SPECULATION: Cody's herioc flaw is that he has an honor code and he can't stand to lose a game of Hitball, even if Jeff is acting crazy.
[Cody] I.  Know.  That.
[Cody] Of course I know that!
[Cody] ...But...
[Cody] I'VE NEVER LOST A GAME OF DODGEBALL
[Isabel] Hitball.
[Cody] I'VE NEVER LOST A GAME OF HITBALL
Back to top Go down
Apophyllite
Seeing Shades
Apophyllite

Chapter Five Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chapter Five   Chapter Five Icon_minitimeSun Jul 26, 2015 2:34 pm

So, a thing that caught my attention when rereading the chapter, on page 23 where the mindcontrol spirit releases the dog and takes over Jeff. We see the spirit's energy and it's a brownish sort of orange... Then when the dog runs away there's a dust trail behind it in exactly the same colour... and the alt-text on that page is "THAT AIN'T DUST"... I know alt-text isn't usually serious but:
While looking through the forum I saw there was a speculation thread about spectral animals and

ElHuesudoII wrote:
Zack did say that spectral animals is a thing that will be addressed in the future, and on Dan's stream last night he mentioned that one of the new characters coming up soon in the comic will be a dog (he proposed "Special" as the dog's name).

I guess we don't need to be rocket scientists to know what will make this dog to be...

...special.

Also there's the plot point of Isabel needing to get over her fear of dogs. Though for someone with a phobia she seemed pretty chill with it following her around after a while...
(Is it ok to post this here because it's chapter 5 or does this belong in the speculation section btw? Would it be considered necroing if I posted this in that "animal spectrals thread"? It's a pretty ancient thread.)

And another thing... Muse!
Why is there no Muse hype anywhere on the chapter 5 discussion ;_;
I mean, I don't particularly like him, but we've been waiting on seeing Ed's spirit for sooooooooo long. Like, even Spender's mystery evil spirit was shown way before...
Also, not an octopus in any way... Was expecting something octopuslike... Then again I guess the tentacle quota is already filled by Spender's evil spirit >_>
Back to top Go down
Westbrook
Spectral
Westbrook

Chapter Five Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chapter Five   Chapter Five Icon_minitimeMon Jul 27, 2015 12:36 am

Apophyllite wrote:
(Is it ok to post this here because it's chapter 5 or does this belong in the speculation section btw? Would it be considered necroing if I posted this in that "animal spectrals thread"? It's a pretty ancient thread.)
I don't think anyone minds if you make a new topic for different things.  You're right that the other one's pretty old so it's sometimes hard to tell where the conversation breaks are.
Back to top Go down
Blathers
New Kid
Blathers

Chapter Five Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chapter Five   Chapter Five Icon_minitimeFri Jul 31, 2015 1:45 pm

The new page is out!
We finally see the last step of the Student Council's plan. Cody seems to be unaware about the supernatural happenings, and is simply in denial and is overwhelmed by the power of friendship. This whole page is very... shounen.

Meanwhile, Dimitri, Max, and Johnny have been entrapped in a spirit bubble that distorts their faces, how will they escape, find out next time, on Paranatural
Back to top Go down
Apophyllite
Seeing Shades
Apophyllite

Chapter Five Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chapter Five   Chapter Five Icon_minitimeFri Jul 31, 2015 2:40 pm

Omg Cody, such a friend ;_;
The Student Council's special technique is perfection. After seeing this, and since Johnny's gang has friendship fusion, the Activity Club really need their own special group attack for because...

Max' face though... He has the best expressions... I do declare!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Chapter Five Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chapter Five   Chapter Five Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Chapter Five

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 34Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 17 ... 34  Next