The Activity Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Activity Club

For the fans of Zack Morrison's webcomic Paranatural.

PortalHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Top posters
Erie, Man of Danger
Chapter Five - Page 17 Vote_lcapChapter Five - Page 17 Voting_barChapter Five - Page 17 Vote_rcap 
Wealthy Lord Asssprite
Chapter Five - Page 17 Vote_lcapChapter Five - Page 17 Voting_barChapter Five - Page 17 Vote_rcap 
Soroya123
NinjaKitten
Baron Von Aardvark
Spidey
Leo M. R.
W!tch
Westbrook
tylerouzts
Latest topics
» Chapter Seven
Chapter Five - Page 17 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 20, 2021 10:11 pm by ThePyromaniac

» Hear me out... (BERG theory)
Chapter Five - Page 17 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 06, 2020 12:32 pm by janusjekyll

» Hello Activity Club
Chapter Five - Page 17 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 22, 2020 9:07 am by janusjekyll

» Non-specific Greeting
Chapter Five - Page 17 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 04, 2020 5:05 pm by Westbrook

» (slides in) Good Evening
Chapter Five - Page 17 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 03, 2020 4:51 pm by Clayview

» I shout into the void
Chapter Five - Page 17 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 03, 2020 4:49 pm by Clayview

Statistics
We have 325 registered users
The newest registered user is AL

Our users have posted a total of 14282 messages in 355 subjects
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Chapter Five

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 25 ... 34  Next
AuthorMessage
Westbrook
Spectral
Westbrook

Chapter Five - Page 17 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chapter Five   Chapter Five - Page 17 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 13, 2016 12:10 am

howlingwolfonfire wrote:
Patchworm easily seems like the most mature spirit so far. I really like the way he talks.
Agreed 100%.
Back to top Go down
Connorses
New Kid
Connorses

PostSubject: Re: Chapter Five   Chapter Five - Page 17 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 14, 2016 4:57 pm

This latest page gave me flashbacks of kids I knew in highschool arguing over whether a certain restaurant's roof was red or pink. They were at it for DAYS.
Back to top Go down
howlingwolfonfire
New Kid
howlingwolfonfire

PostSubject: Re: Chapter Five   Chapter Five - Page 17 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 14, 2016 5:42 pm

@Ignis
Don't think she's a medium, based off how her glasses look similar to Patchworm in color. I've never really thought about her eyes before but I can't see them being a result from being a medium. Maybe we'll get an explanation later?

@Connorses
It's giving me flashbacks of the dress meme. -_-

I have to wonder...would a spectral with white energy have a lot more possibilities with spirits or would they be the most limited? Max's as well could potentially have a lot if the color was a very dark shade, although it would no doubt be hard as balls to pull off.
Back to top Go down
PineapplePhone
New Kid
PineapplePhone

PostSubject: Re: Chapter Five   Chapter Five - Page 17 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 15, 2016 3:12 pm

I would imagine that the closer your colors are, the easier it would be. I don't think white would be the easiest though. I think that since it seems to be pretty uncommon it would be hard to find a tool for. Although it might get more practice trying to fit with pastel tools, which could make it a bit easier. Or maybe not. Would practice make it easier or would it be completely different for each tool?
Back to top Go down
https://www.instagram.com/pineapplephone/
Westbrook
Spectral
Westbrook

PostSubject: Re: Chapter Five   Chapter Five - Page 17 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 15, 2016 11:53 pm

I don't know what's happening on these new pages but I'm sure excited to see where they lead.  Was the train still pining over Max?  Whatever happened seems to have not properly subsided.

Also, I just realized, the lantern is INSIDE Patchworm's, uh...zone?

Also also, I'm still interested in why Zarei called the Ghost Train "13", but given her recent "you can go and join the others now", I get the impression she's got, like, a ton of spirits.
Back to top Go down
NinjaKitten
Paranaturalist
NinjaKitten

PostSubject: Re: Chapter Five   Chapter Five - Page 17 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 16, 2016 4:17 am

I think the train was still upset over being (physically) injured, when Forge tore open the side. But yeah, she definitely seems to have a lot of spirits, and seeing how she was able to handle the train (when it wasn't a grudge, that is) without controlling it directly through it being a tool in her being its medium, I think that she's a sort of medic/scientist/spirit tamer of some sort.
Back to top Go down
Westbrook
Spectral
Westbrook

PostSubject: Re: Chapter Five   Chapter Five - Page 17 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 16, 2016 9:43 pm

NinjaKitten wrote:
I think the train was still upset over being (physically) injured, when Forge tore open the side.
That's a really good point I hadn't considered.  The train started charging when that happened, although originally it looked more like a shudder of pain than being enraged.  Maybe the love arrow overrode its pain while it was attached...
Back to top Go down
NinjaKitten
Paranaturalist
NinjaKitten

PostSubject: Re: Chapter Five   Chapter Five - Page 17 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 16, 2016 10:21 pm

Maybe. Who can really know for sure, though? We don't really know exactly what the abilities are of those "love arrows" Agent Day has.

(I had to rewrite the word "are" like 10 times before I got it right... I am ashamed of myself...)
Back to top Go down
Connorses
New Kid
Connorses

PostSubject: Re: Chapter Five   Chapter Five - Page 17 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 17, 2016 2:26 am

Those arrows do have a powerful ability if they can instantly calm down a grudge, but I hadn't considered that the target always reverts to their original mood when it wears off.

...But, after reading that page again, I realized this is exactly what happened immediately after the arrow was removed. The train got pissed and some side character killed it.
Back to top Go down
Westbrook
Spectral
Westbrook

PostSubject: Re: Chapter Five   Chapter Five - Page 17 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 17, 2016 4:50 am

Connorses wrote:
Those arrows do have a powerful ability if they can instantly calm down a grudge, but I hadn't considered that the target always reverts to their original mood when it wears off.

...But, after reading that page again, I realized this is exactly what happened immediately after the arrow was removed. The train got pissed and some side character killed it.
Was it mentioned somewhere that the train was a grudge?
Back to top Go down
NinjaKitten
Paranaturalist
NinjaKitten

PostSubject: Re: Chapter Five   Chapter Five - Page 17 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 17, 2016 4:42 pm

I think it was, after the train went berserk because Forge hurt it. I think that its appearance also changed, but I'd have to go back to that part of the story to be sure.
Back to top Go down
howlingwolfonfire
New Kid
howlingwolfonfire

PostSubject: Re: Chapter Five   Chapter Five - Page 17 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 17, 2016 8:27 pm

@PineapplePhone
I suppose it would greatly depend on the tool, if it were able to talk and was peaceful it would be easier while something like the train seems to be more difficult to control overall.

I agree that it must still be in pain after what happened with Forge...Day's arrow must have somehow been powerful enough to make it forget about its pain (which in of itself is a scary thought considering its damage from before). We see the train grow more eyes here otherwise it looks normal up until it's demise. Although on this page we see it being sad about its wound before the arrow is even removed, and it's a bit unclear what exactly it was trying to do after it was removed. On the current page too it's hard to tell if it's reacting out of hurt or out of anger.

Hmm, it seems to me that the train is serving as a parallel to Spender in many regards, what with it's injury that Zarei knows nothing about and her trying to control the train without really understanding it. I hope the parallels continue : 0

Back to top Go down
NinjaKitten
Paranaturalist
NinjaKitten

PostSubject: Re: Chapter Five   Chapter Five - Page 17 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 18, 2016 2:21 am

Another thing the train could be acting on is fear. Like, when something/someone is scared of something, it/they could lash out and attack anything that gets close to them. It could be a combination of both pain and fear that is making the train flip out like this.

I agree with hoping the parallels continue. Smile
Back to top Go down
TurnTechBiologist
New Kid
TurnTechBiologist

PostSubject: Re: Chapter Five   Chapter Five - Page 17 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 19, 2016 2:57 pm

could be, though you'd think that the train would appear healed in it's spirit world...
on a side note, PATCHWORM U LEETLE BBY
Back to top Go down
NinjaKitten
Paranaturalist
NinjaKitten

PostSubject: Re: Chapter Five   Chapter Five - Page 17 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 19, 2016 9:14 pm

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE the newest page is adorable! She's so flustered!
Back to top Go down
Connorses
New Kid
Connorses

PostSubject: Re: Chapter Five   Chapter Five - Page 17 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 20, 2016 3:44 am

Even with the serious mood, Zack can't go too long without having his characters show some emotion... I like that.
Back to top Go down
NinjaKitten
Paranaturalist
NinjaKitten

PostSubject: Re: Chapter Five   Chapter Five - Page 17 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 20, 2016 11:40 am

Yes, I like it too. It's one of the many many great points of this awesome wonderful spendabulous comic. BASK IN HIS GLORY
Back to top Go down
TurnTechBiologist
New Kid
TurnTechBiologist

PostSubject: Re: Chapter Five   Chapter Five - Page 17 Icon_minitimeTue May 03, 2016 9:07 pm

such plan...
very good...
Back to top Go down
NinjaKitten
Paranaturalist
NinjaKitten

PostSubject: Re: Chapter Five   Chapter Five - Page 17 Icon_minitimeTue May 03, 2016 9:23 pm

HEEEEEEEEEEEY Tech nice to see you again!
Back to top Go down
Westbrook
Spectral
Westbrook

PostSubject: Re: Chapter Five   Chapter Five - Page 17 Icon_minitimeWed May 04, 2016 12:29 am

"Complete their mission", Spender? I don't recall seeing any dialogue where a mission was mentioned. (I still very much want to believe Hijack is hijacking Spender.)

Thought: The main drawback to my theory is Spender's already said things only he could know. But what if Hijack obtains peoples' memories? Did Hijacked Jeff know Cody's name before he yelled for Cody's help?

And if so, is obtaining the memories of a certain someone maybe Hijack's ultimate mission?
Back to top Go down
NinjaKitten
Paranaturalist
NinjaKitten

PostSubject: Re: Chapter Five   Chapter Five - Page 17 Icon_minitimeWed May 04, 2016 1:58 am

Those are some really good questions.

However, I am currently laughing too hard from today's(?) page to be able to think straight.
Back to top Go down
UniversalMonster
Seeing Shades
UniversalMonster

PostSubject: Re: Chapter Five   Chapter Five - Page 17 Icon_minitimeThu May 05, 2016 8:23 pm

Oh my god I finally caught up with the comic today!

Hijack taking over Spender is an interesting idea, but can he? It seems that Lucifer is already in Spender, so can another spirit really get inside and control him? Either way, I look forward to the guessing game that will (probably) unfold in the future.
Back to top Go down
Westbrook
Spectral
Westbrook

PostSubject: Re: Chapter Five   Chapter Five - Page 17 Icon_minitimeThu May 05, 2016 11:03 pm

UniversalMonster wrote:
Hijack taking over Spender is an interesting idea, but can he? It seems that Lucifer is already in Spender, so can another spirit really get inside and control him?
THAT
...is a really good question I had not considered.
Back to top Go down
NinjaKitten
Paranaturalist
NinjaKitten

PostSubject: Re: Chapter Five   Chapter Five - Page 17 Icon_minitimeThu May 05, 2016 11:20 pm

I think it would be more unlikely, or if it could be done then it would be much more difficult than getting control of a non-medium. I doubt the resident spirit would appreciate some other guy trying to control what their medium does.
Back to top Go down
UniversalMonster
Seeing Shades
UniversalMonster

PostSubject: Re: Chapter Five   Chapter Five - Page 17 Icon_minitimeFri May 06, 2016 4:23 pm

Hijack did mention he was in somewhat of a bad mood, and with being told off by Max that he was acting like a bully, Hijack's emotions might be higher than the rest of the non-possessed teachers. Also, Hijack would know of what happened in the gym, so if he can be tricked into revealing some info that none of the teachers should know, then we'll know who's he's in.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Chapter Five   Chapter Five - Page 17 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Chapter Five

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 17 of 34Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 25 ... 34  Next