The Activity Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Activity Club

For the fans of Zack Morrison's webcomic Paranatural.

PortalHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Top posters
Erie, Man of Danger
Chapter Five - Page 4 Vote_lcapChapter Five - Page 4 Voting_barChapter Five - Page 4 Vote_rcap 
Wealthy Lord Asssprite
Chapter Five - Page 4 Vote_lcapChapter Five - Page 4 Voting_barChapter Five - Page 4 Vote_rcap 
Soroya123
NinjaKitten
Baron Von Aardvark
Spidey
Leo M. R.
W!tch
Westbrook
tylerouzts
Latest topics
» Chapter Seven
Chapter Five - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 20, 2021 10:11 pm by ThePyromaniac

» Hear me out... (BERG theory)
Chapter Five - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 06, 2020 12:32 pm by janusjekyll

» Hello Activity Club
Chapter Five - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 22, 2020 9:07 am by janusjekyll

» Non-specific Greeting
Chapter Five - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 04, 2020 5:05 pm by Westbrook

» (slides in) Good Evening
Chapter Five - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 03, 2020 4:51 pm by Clayview

» I shout into the void
Chapter Five - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 03, 2020 4:49 pm by Clayview

Statistics
We have 325 registered users
The newest registered user is AL

Our users have posted a total of 14282 messages in 355 subjects
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Chapter Five

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 19 ... 34  Next
AuthorMessage
Westbrook
Spectral
Westbrook

Chapter Five - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chapter Five   Chapter Five - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 02, 2015 10:34 pm

How much do you think the others will just let her hit them? Razz Not likely I'd assume...
Back to top Go down
Connorses
New Kid
Connorses

PostSubject: Re: Chapter Five   Chapter Five - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 12, 2015 10:57 pm

You called it, Westbrook. GG.

Johnny won't go down without a fight, even if it's completely unreasonable to do so.

...This is the guy who's probably gonna get fire powers soon. Be afraid.
Back to top Go down
SecretlyAMoose
New Kid
SecretlyAMoose

PostSubject: Re: Chapter Five   Chapter Five - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 15, 2015 4:42 pm

And with this latest page (5.69), Johnny easily becomes my favorite character.

Is it bad that I sort of ship it? Because I sort of ship it.
Back to top Go down
Westbrook
Spectral
Westbrook

PostSubject: Re: Chapter Five   Chapter Five - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 16, 2015 9:18 pm

THEORY

You know how Isabel spectral-hammered Jeff and nothing happened?  On page 5-23 we saw Jeff get strung up on wires.  And it's been shown many many many times that the ceiling is filled to the brim with spirits, where most of us expect PJ is probably hiding out.

What if Hijack's up there too, doing a little puppeteer thing?
Back to top Go down
WorldofValdis
New Kid
WorldofValdis

PostSubject: Re: Chapter Five   Chapter Five - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 17, 2015 2:00 am

That sounds like a pretty plausible theory, I honestly didn't even notice the wires until just now.
Back to top Go down
http://worldofvaldis.tumblr.com
Westbrook
Spectral
Westbrook

PostSubject: Re: Chapter Five   Chapter Five - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 17, 2015 2:53 am

The only real hole I can see in it so far is the eventual burst into the Teacher's Lounge with "IT'S ONE OF THEM!" If this were actually the case and one of the teachers was possessed, they could just...look up? But we'll see.
Back to top Go down
Apophyllite
Seeing Shades
Apophyllite

PostSubject: Re: Chapter Five   Chapter Five - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 17, 2015 8:49 am

Well since Hijack is a spirit he could just hide in the ceiling itself, maybe. It's a lot lower than the ceiling in the gym...

Also, the burnhounds are now a flame puppy :0 so cute...

Edit: Oh I just remembered Hijack was following Isabel and Max around on their way to school, which was in the wide open outdoors... So either Hijack was just out of panel taking advantage of the fact people almost never look up or invisible while pupetteering...

Last edited by Apophyllite on Sun Oct 18, 2015 5:29 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Connorses
New Kid
Connorses

PostSubject: Re: Chapter Five   Chapter Five - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 17, 2015 1:49 pm

New theory: Johnny will soon get his spectral fire powers. Like, before the end of the game.

# GET HYPE FOR DRAGONBALL
Back to top Go down
Apophyllite
Seeing Shades
Apophyllite

PostSubject: Re: Chapter Five   Chapter Five - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 17, 2015 3:38 pm

And he will defeat Jeff with the power of fire puns...

Probably with a lot of help from Max... I do declare!
Back to top Go down
NinjaKitten
Paranaturalist
NinjaKitten

PostSubject: Re: Chapter Five   Chapter Five - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 27, 2015 8:35 pm

...Hitball! I do declare!
Back to top Go down
NinjaKitten
Paranaturalist
NinjaKitten

PostSubject: Re: Chapter Five   Chapter Five - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 07, 2015 2:50 am

Aaaaaww YEEEEEEEEEAH! It's time to END THIS! I'm so hyped for the end of this Hitball game! It was super cool and fun and all, but it's time to get back to the rest of the school. I mean, the gym doesn't exactly smell all that great, you know?

So. I can think of three things that might happen: 1.Max will surprise Hijack by not dodging and taking the hit instead of Johnny. 2.Max will dodge, and Johnny will take the hit, which will kickstart his powers as a spectral and medium. 3.Max will not dodge, and Johnny's spectral powers will activate due to seeing Max take a hit for him. (you know, "must protect peeps" and all.) 4.(Did I say 3? Haha I lied.) The gym blows up.

I am fully expecting Coach Oop to run in at either the very end when he will be useless, or to run in at the most inopportune moment.
Back to top Go down
Connorses
New Kid
Connorses

PostSubject: Re: Chapter Five   Chapter Five - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 07, 2015 10:21 am

5. They both dodge the ball and Coach Oop gets hit.

Hijack you do realize Johnny can still see you Max isn't that big of a blind-spot.
Back to top Go down
Westbrook
Spectral
Westbrook

PostSubject: Re: Chapter Five   Chapter Five - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 07, 2015 8:28 pm

Given that Dmitrii seemed to have the plan worked out, I'm sure Max has another trick up his sleeve rather than just dodging.

I did like how the background bench-sitters' expressions changed when Hijack revealed he had the ball, haha.
Back to top Go down
NinjaKitten
Paranaturalist
NinjaKitten

PostSubject: Re: Chapter Five   Chapter Five - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 09, 2015 2:53 am

I just realized. On the last page of the three-page update, the effects on the bottom go OUTSIDE the panel. The line is there, but the effects just ignore it. That is just. SO COOL! And it reminds me of how Unsounded (another awesome comic I read, but less on the comedy and more on the story/action) does the same thing. It's super cool and great and i will never be as good at comic-ing as these guys... *whispers* they're too cool. TLDR: This comic is awesome! Smile
Back to top Go down
Westbrook
Spectral
Westbrook

PostSubject: Re: Chapter Five   Chapter Five - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 09, 2015 10:07 pm

Yeah, I've noticed that lately! The comic protruded a little out the right side of 5-71 and the left of the one right afterward. It's really neat to see in action when it's so subtle!
Back to top Go down
NinjaKitten
Paranaturalist
NinjaKitten

PostSubject: Re: Chapter Five   Chapter Five - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 10, 2015 2:13 am

It really helps the action pop out!
Back to top Go down
Blathers
New Kid
Blathers

PostSubject: Re: Chapter Five   Chapter Five - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 14, 2015 12:56 am

Pages 5.77 and 5.78 are out.

Hitball is over, but Hijack still has to find a way into the teacher's lounge while following guidelines, so unless it's planning on waiting until next pajama day, it's not through yet.

Looks like Max might be seeing a trip to Mina Zarei after the game, which will likely lead to her asking for the story of the train ride she didn't get from Isabel.

Last edited by Blathers on Sat Nov 14, 2015 10:37 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
NinjaKitten
Paranaturalist
NinjaKitten

PostSubject: Re: Chapter Five   Chapter Five - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 14, 2015 1:51 am

That was a nice plan he had there. Gotta say, this game of Hitball ended fantastically. I wonder what Hijack is planning to do now. I mean, he did injure a student just now, but will this be enough to send him to the office? We'll have to wait to find out, I suppose.

Welcome back Blathers

Also, I wonder what went snap. I got the impression that it was the arm bones Max blocked the ball with, though it isn't clear.
Back to top Go down
Blathers
New Kid
Blathers

PostSubject: Re: Chapter Five   Chapter Five - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 14, 2015 10:54 am

I never considered the snap being anything other than Max's arms breaking (which is supported by his body and facial language in the panels following).

If it wasn't, I don't think we've seen any healing powers presented by any spectrals that don't have spirits whose powers revolve around them (e. g. the Doctopi), so to prevent Max's arms from breaking (which would cause the sound effect if it happened), there would need to be some sort of outside force actively keeping him safe during the Hitball game.
Back to top Go down
NinjaKitten
Paranaturalist
NinjaKitten

PostSubject: Re: Chapter Five   Chapter Five - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 14, 2015 4:32 pm

There probably isn't though, so it is indeed most likely that his arms snapped. Max is gonna need some heals! I wonder how he's gonna handle this... is he gonna hide that he is in great pain? Like "N-nah, I'm fine. Just, a little out of breath. You guys go after Jeff." While wincing.

I dunno. This could happen, or it could not. *shrugs*
Back to top Go down
Westbrook
Spectral
Westbrook

PostSubject: Re: Chapter Five   Chapter Five - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 15, 2015 2:41 am

I...don't think the hitball game is over?  Zach himself linked to page 5x27, which straight-up says "If you catch the ball they threw, they're out, UNLESS it's the Golden Switch, in which case your team coming back into the game is the ONLY thing that happens".  So essentially Hijack is still in the game, and so is Max's entire team.  More...more people to get hurt?  Not a good plan...
Back to top Go down
NinjaKitten
Paranaturalist
NinjaKitten

PostSubject: Re: Chapter Five   Chapter Five - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 15, 2015 3:33 am

Hm. But, Violet (I think that's her name) went to wake up coach Oop, so maybe he'll end the game?

\ ( ' - ' ) /   *shrugs*

Last edited by NinjaKitten on Sat Nov 21, 2015 3:50 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Westbrook
Spectral
Westbrook

PostSubject: Re: Chapter Five   Chapter Five - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 21, 2015 3:44 am

Westbrook wrote:
THEORY

You know how Isabel spectral-hammered Jeff and nothing happened?  On page 5-23 we saw Jeff get strung up on wires.  And it's been shown many many many times that the ceiling is filled to the brim with spirits, where most of us expect PJ is probably hiding out.

Whelp, I was wrong! Razz Hijack is clearly leaving Jeff in today's comic.
Back to top Go down
NinjaKitten
Paranaturalist
NinjaKitten

PostSubject: Re: Chapter Five   Chapter Five - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 21, 2015 3:50 am

Indeed. You know, Isaac states that one of the ways to become a spectral is prolonged exposure to spectral energy. Does this mean that we'll get not one new spectral (Jhonny) but two? (Jhonny and Jeff) After all, Jeff has been possessed by a spirit all day, and has been spectral-hammered. That counts as prolonged exposure right? And if he does become a spectral, It would seem likely that his energy would be orange, since that's Hijack's color, and as someone stated somewhere in this forum on normal people becoming possessed: the normal person becomes a spectral with the color of the spirit which possessed them. Though, perhaps Hijack wasn't there long enough...

(P.S. I missed you! Sad)
Back to top Go down
nihtay
New Kid

PostSubject: Re: Chapter Five   Chapter Five - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 22, 2015 3:46 am

Westbrook wrote:
Westbrook wrote:
THEORY

Whelp, I was wrong! Razz Hijack is clearly leaving Jeff in today's comic.

I was wondering about that too, and had a look at the archives again. It was at this point that Jeff started showing red eyes, which I assume was when he started properly possessing Jeff (and made him protrude his veins a few pages later
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Chapter Five   Chapter Five - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Chapter Five

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 4 of 34Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 19 ... 34  Next