The Activity Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Activity Club

For the fans of Zack Morrison's webcomic Paranatural.

PortalHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Top posters
Erie, Man of Danger
General Off-Topic Discussion Topic - Page 4 Vote_lcapGeneral Off-Topic Discussion Topic - Page 4 Voting_barGeneral Off-Topic Discussion Topic - Page 4 Vote_rcap 
Wealthy Lord Asssprite
General Off-Topic Discussion Topic - Page 4 Vote_lcapGeneral Off-Topic Discussion Topic - Page 4 Voting_barGeneral Off-Topic Discussion Topic - Page 4 Vote_rcap 
Soroya123
NinjaKitten
Baron Von Aardvark
Spidey
Leo M. R.
W!tch
Westbrook
tylerouzts
Latest topics
» Chapter Seven
General Off-Topic Discussion Topic - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 20, 2021 10:11 pm by ThePyromaniac

» Hear me out... (BERG theory)
General Off-Topic Discussion Topic - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 06, 2020 12:32 pm by janusjekyll

» Hello Activity Club
General Off-Topic Discussion Topic - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 22, 2020 9:07 am by janusjekyll

» Non-specific Greeting
General Off-Topic Discussion Topic - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 04, 2020 5:05 pm by Westbrook

» (slides in) Good Evening
General Off-Topic Discussion Topic - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 03, 2020 4:51 pm by Clayview

» I shout into the void
General Off-Topic Discussion Topic - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 03, 2020 4:49 pm by Clayview

Statistics
We have 325 registered users
The newest registered user is AL

Our users have posted a total of 14282 messages in 355 subjects
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

General Off-Topic Discussion Topic

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10 ... 16  Next
AuthorMessage
W!tch
Mag!c
W!tch

General Off-Topic Discussion Topic - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: General Off-Topic Discussion Topic   General Off-Topic Discussion Topic - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 04, 2013 1:49 pm

tylerouzts wrote:
That's what Chem is all about, sucking eggs. Or maybe that was biology.

But seriously, it's just aaaaawful.
Back to top Go down
Leo M. R.
Spectral
Leo M. R.

PostSubject: Re: General Off-Topic Discussion Topic   General Off-Topic Discussion Topic - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 04, 2013 1:50 pm

W!tch wrote:
tylerouzts wrote:

Why? What's goin' on in your chem class?
Back to top Go down
W!tch
Mag!c
W!tch

PostSubject: Re: General Off-Topic Discussion Topic   General Off-Topic Discussion Topic - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 04, 2013 2:29 pm

Leo M. R. wrote:
W!tch wrote:
tylerouzts wrote:

My teacher is a apparently some sort of emotionless android, first of all.
Back to top Go down
Leo M. R.
Spectral
Leo M. R.

PostSubject: Re: General Off-Topic Discussion Topic   General Off-Topic Discussion Topic - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 04, 2013 2:45 pm

W!tch wrote:
Leo M. R. wrote:
W!tch wrote:
tylerouzts wrote:

Mmhmm. Second?
Back to top Go down
W!tch
Mag!c
W!tch

PostSubject: Re: General Off-Topic Discussion Topic   General Off-Topic Discussion Topic - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 04, 2013 2:47 pm

Leo M. R. wrote:
W!tch wrote:
Leo M. R. wrote:
W!tch wrote:
tylerouzts wrote:

Mmhmm. Second?

I'm not doing well in the class, because of the aforementioned android thing. He doesn't actually teach, he just somehow assumes we know the stuff already, so he gives the worst explanations possible.
Back to top Go down
Leo M. R.
Spectral
Leo M. R.

PostSubject: Re: General Off-Topic Discussion Topic   General Off-Topic Discussion Topic - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 04, 2013 2:50 pm

W!tch wrote:
Leo M. R. wrote:
W!tch wrote:
Leo M. R. wrote:
W!tch wrote:
tylerouzts wrote:

Mmhmm. Second?

I'm not doing well in the class, because of the aforementioned android thing. He doesn't actually teach, he just somehow assumes we know the stuff already, so he gives the worst explanations possible.

Ahh yes, I have experience with such teachers. Is there a third reason?
Back to top Go down
tylerouzts
Seeing Shades
tylerouzts

PostSubject: Re: General Off-Topic Discussion Topic   General Off-Topic Discussion Topic - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 04, 2013 2:54 pm

I've had so many teachers that expect you to know things that they never teach and are always like, "You should have read the chapter."
Back to top Go down
http://tylerouzts.tumblr.com
Wealthy Lord Asssprite
Paranaturalist
Wealthy Lord Asssprite

PostSubject: Re: General Off-Topic Discussion Topic   General Off-Topic Discussion Topic - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 04, 2013 3:06 pm

There are a lot of major issues with the school system and someone needs to redesign it entirely.
Back to top Go down
Erie, Man of Danger
Paranaturalist
Erie, Man of Danger

PostSubject: Re: General Off-Topic Discussion Topic   General Off-Topic Discussion Topic - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 04, 2013 3:08 pm

i've had a teacher like that, I've also had great teachers
Back to top Go down
YoungOldCatCreeper
New Kid
YoungOldCatCreeper

PostSubject: Re: General Off-Topic Discussion Topic   General Off-Topic Discussion Topic - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 04, 2013 3:09 pm

found a picture on 9gag. Our current school system (it's not just the teachers)
General Off-Topic Discussion Topic - Page 4 6940073_700b_v2
Back to top Go down
Leo M. R.
Spectral
Leo M. R.

PostSubject: Re: General Off-Topic Discussion Topic   General Off-Topic Discussion Topic - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 04, 2013 3:14 pm

YoungOldCatCreeper wrote:
found a picture on 9gag. Our current school system (it's not just the teachers)
General Off-Topic Discussion Topic - Page 4 6940073_700b_v2

This is actually an entirely legitimate point of debate. Aaaaaaand since I don't live where you guys live nor am I from there, it's a debate I'm gonna stay out of.
Back to top Go down
Wealthy Lord Asssprite
Paranaturalist
Wealthy Lord Asssprite

PostSubject: Re: General Off-Topic Discussion Topic   General Off-Topic Discussion Topic - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 04, 2013 3:29 pm

It's not even just the exams; The way the classes are set up, the time requirements... People learn at wildly different rates, so making everyone spend a certain amount of time in class either causes people to spend a great amount of extra time waiting for school to be out after completing a lesson (this makes them hate learning and causes unnecessary mental harm), or they don't have enough time and fail. Grouping people based on their age doesn't work, because while six year olds and sixteen year olds are unlikely to have many similarities, some people who have survived for six years time who are more like five year olds in terms of development and some that are more seven and if you wouldn't put five year olds measured in laps around the sun with seven year olds measured the same way why would you put them together measured in how much they've absorbed from schooling? And the classroom experience is only value to a small percentage of the population! There are a lot of people who would be better off one on one or with a recorded lecture or from reading it or from trying it out or from talking with it with their peers but the classroom only allows one method at a time for twenty to fourth entirely different people and you can't cover every subject every way so no matter what most people won't get it entirely and it's just. Not a good idea to have a lot of people spend a lot of time learning in ways that don't work very well for them. And it could be done so much better with some freaking options in how you get your education beyond poorly designed email classroom or poorly designed real world classroom. It's bullshit and the only efficiency it has is ensuring everyone gets it which was a real problem when farming parents were all no dont go to school you think you are too good for farm you are nothing [continued explicit emotional abuse]
Back to top Go down
Leo M. R.
Spectral
Leo M. R.

PostSubject: Re: General Off-Topic Discussion Topic   General Off-Topic Discussion Topic - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 04, 2013 3:31 pm

Interesting points, Asssprite... Anyone else?
Back to top Go down
tylerouzts
Seeing Shades
tylerouzts

PostSubject: Re: General Off-Topic Discussion Topic   General Off-Topic Discussion Topic - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 04, 2013 3:32 pm

It also sucks eggs!
Back to top Go down
Leo M. R.
Spectral
Leo M. R.

PostSubject: Re: General Off-Topic Discussion Topic   General Off-Topic Discussion Topic - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 04, 2013 3:34 pm

tylerouzts wrote:
It also sucks eggs!

D: The fiends!
Back to top Go down
Spidey
Spectral
Spidey

PostSubject: Re: General Off-Topic Discussion Topic   General Off-Topic Discussion Topic - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 04, 2013 3:36 pm

Its also worse in the city and is pretty much geared twowards manual labor jobe, most kids in the city live on the hope they can get a sports scholarship but by then they dont know anything and wind up getting screwed anyway, plus not everyone can make it so you wind up with quite a few enlisting
Back to top Go down
YoungOldCatCreeper
New Kid
YoungOldCatCreeper

PostSubject: Re: General Off-Topic Discussion Topic   General Off-Topic Discussion Topic - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 04, 2013 3:39 pm

The teaching of teaching teachers has worsened too. Their idea is: we are teaching these kids because we have to, and we "love" kids. Not: we educate the further nation! (I mean that's what they're actually doing, and they're doing wrong)
I mean, a stiff teacher is okay. But if he gives me free extra class and attention so that my succes garanteed, that's a dream teacher. That is a priority, a good sence of humer comes second...
Back to top Go down
Wealthy Lord Asssprite
Paranaturalist
Wealthy Lord Asssprite

PostSubject: Re: General Off-Topic Discussion Topic   General Off-Topic Discussion Topic - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 04, 2013 3:45 pm

Yeah, well, they sat through years of poorly designed classes and decided to subject another generation to more of the same instead of doing something to change it, so they probably have a highly unusual experience and so believe in the current school system or they just don't dont have any idea what to do to make the experience better so they try to make jokes to lighten the load.
Back to top Go down
tylerouzts
Seeing Shades
tylerouzts

PostSubject: Re: General Off-Topic Discussion Topic   General Off-Topic Discussion Topic - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 04, 2013 4:55 pm

Finland is the perfect example of the school system that works because they don't even have homework til high school and they get better grades than the US also its very hard to become a teacher there because they are held to the same esteem as Doctors, Lawyers, and Engineers.
Back to top Go down
Wealthy Lord Asssprite
Paranaturalist
Wealthy Lord Asssprite

PostSubject: Re: General Off-Topic Discussion Topic   General Off-Topic Discussion Topic - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 04, 2013 5:21 pm

It's alright, but it's not perfect. They may be a better designed classroom, but they still have time requirements and grades (like grade one grade two etc) The basic problem with the education system is the way it's treated like a factory, and kids are materials for prodding and working into professionals. Schooling oughtn't be a matter of churning out a yearly batch of graduates, you know? It's about training people to be qualified in their field and giving them all the knowledge available to help them further that field.
Back to top Go down
Leo M. R.
Spectral
Leo M. R.

PostSubject: Re: General Off-Topic Discussion Topic   General Off-Topic Discussion Topic - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 04, 2013 5:32 pm

So, what kind of solution would you guys propose?
Back to top Go down
Erie, Man of Danger
Paranaturalist
Erie, Man of Danger

PostSubject: Re: General Off-Topic Discussion Topic   General Off-Topic Discussion Topic - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 04, 2013 5:34 pm

I would propose Helmets that you can place on your head and they would zap the knowledge right to your brain.
Back to top Go down
tylerouzts
Seeing Shades
tylerouzts

PostSubject: Re: General Off-Topic Discussion Topic   General Off-Topic Discussion Topic - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 04, 2013 5:43 pm

I agree, i wanna just download all knowledge directly to the brain.
Back to top Go down
YoungOldCatCreeper
New Kid
YoungOldCatCreeper

PostSubject: Re: General Off-Topic Discussion Topic   General Off-Topic Discussion Topic - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 04, 2013 6:15 pm

Will that learn you to think? Will it shape you, school is also ment to raise you ya'know.
Back to top Go down
tylerouzts
Seeing Shades
tylerouzts

PostSubject: Re: General Off-Topic Discussion Topic   General Off-Topic Discussion Topic - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 04, 2013 6:18 pm

You would still have to go to school because I bet the download speed would be super slow so you'd need special equipment which is only at the school, where you get to be shaped and raised and what not.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: General Off-Topic Discussion Topic   General Off-Topic Discussion Topic - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

General Off-Topic Discussion Topic

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 4 of 16Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10 ... 16  Next