The Activity Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Activity Club

For the fans of Zack Morrison's webcomic Paranatural.

PortalHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Top posters
Erie, Man of Danger
The Paranatural Forum RPG (Urban Edition) IC - Page 7 Vote_lcapThe Paranatural Forum RPG (Urban Edition) IC - Page 7 Voting_barThe Paranatural Forum RPG (Urban Edition) IC - Page 7 Vote_rcap 
Wealthy Lord Asssprite
The Paranatural Forum RPG (Urban Edition) IC - Page 7 Vote_lcapThe Paranatural Forum RPG (Urban Edition) IC - Page 7 Voting_barThe Paranatural Forum RPG (Urban Edition) IC - Page 7 Vote_rcap 
Soroya123
NinjaKitten
Baron Von Aardvark
Spidey
Leo M. R.
W!tch
Westbrook
tylerouzts
Latest topics
» Chapter Seven
The Paranatural Forum RPG (Urban Edition) IC - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 20, 2021 10:11 pm by ThePyromaniac

» Hear me out... (BERG theory)
The Paranatural Forum RPG (Urban Edition) IC - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 06, 2020 12:32 pm by janusjekyll

» Hello Activity Club
The Paranatural Forum RPG (Urban Edition) IC - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 22, 2020 9:07 am by janusjekyll

» Non-specific Greeting
The Paranatural Forum RPG (Urban Edition) IC - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 04, 2020 5:05 pm by Westbrook

» (slides in) Good Evening
The Paranatural Forum RPG (Urban Edition) IC - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 03, 2020 4:51 pm by Clayview

» I shout into the void
The Paranatural Forum RPG (Urban Edition) IC - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 03, 2020 4:49 pm by Clayview

Statistics
We have 325 registered users
The newest registered user is AL

Our users have posted a total of 14282 messages in 355 subjects
April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

The Paranatural Forum RPG (Urban Edition) IC

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
Erie, Man of Danger
Paranaturalist
Erie, Man of Danger

The Paranatural Forum RPG (Urban Edition) IC - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Paranatural Forum RPG (Urban Edition) IC   The Paranatural Forum RPG (Urban Edition) IC - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 10, 2013 3:08 am

Terra gingerly lifted up her hand, as if slightly afraid. Her hand then catches fire, it's warm glow emminating softly, Terra keeping it under control.

"I can do this. My fire is real and spectral, and therefore manageable to keep burning, and does not require cages. And if there is spectrals that can turn rocks into food, we might be able to find a fuel source that is abundant.

It's a small stretch, but I prefer looking into it, rather than ignoring the possibility. If all else fails, I can help provide fire and maybe knit some warm blankets. I do know a thing your two about keeping others warm. I worked at an animal shelter and Winters are always a problem for the animals, especially keeping the shed warm."

Just as quickly, the fire goes out, Terra's hand and arm unscathed. She looks around hoping she didn't disturb the people around her to much. It was a small flame so she hopes it didn't draw to much attention.
Back to top Go down
Wealthy Lord Asssprite
Paranaturalist
Wealthy Lord Asssprite

PostSubject: Re: The Paranatural Forum RPG (Urban Edition) IC   The Paranatural Forum RPG (Urban Edition) IC - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 10, 2013 3:30 am

That's real cute and all, but we're talking keeping a bunch of gang members that sleep mostly in park toilets warm all night for the next four months, you know? That's not a job worth taking if you don't like passing out onto piss-soaked tiles due to exhaustion, and physical fire is pretty dangerous to have indoors, you know? Salamanders are spirits, so, you know, they don't actually die or nothing, they just go cold if they don't mess around in ashes every once in a while. And even if they did, that'd be fine. You might not know it, but in a life like ours, you can't afford to waste decent resources for silly reasons. By the way, it's kinda impolite to actually show off your powers like that in a place like this, you know? And it's really impolite to compare people to animals.
Back to top Go down
Erie, Man of Danger
Paranaturalist
Erie, Man of Danger

PostSubject: Re: The Paranatural Forum RPG (Urban Edition) IC   The Paranatural Forum RPG (Urban Edition) IC - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 10, 2013 3:53 am

Now Terra has actually gotten a little offended. She keeps a calm and cool demeanor as she speaks.

"I'm sorry if my words in any way implied that I compared people to animals, I was just trying to compare the situation of keeping warm in long winters and that I have experience in that category. I'm also anm new to the whole spectral situation, so I don't know that my powers were offensive here, I thought it was ok due to the rock food.

I do not however like the tone that you implied. I understand more than most the dangers of fire. I would also like to point out a couple of small things.  If you know how to handle the flame, you can keep any danger down to a minimum with keeping fire indoors, it's why chimneys were used. I'm pretty sure I can make a make-shift chimney if necessary as well. And the fact you have an indoor building is a plus, it makes this easier to find a way to keep warm without resorting to forced labor.

I also know what it is like to work on a little to no budget, with plenty of mouths to feed. Believe or not, I can understand what it's like to have very little food. I'm saying I can help.

And to me, just because they are spirits doesn't make it right to stuff them in cages and refer to them as a 'resource.' That sounds offensive to me. From what I've seen, spirits can talk, have ambitions, and care about each other and those around them. I think finding a way to help protect and serve both parties best interests, keeping one free from a forced cage by those who consider them as tools, and the other warm and protected, is not silly at all."

Terra's eyes shift involuntarily to a dragons for a brief second at that last sentence.

Darken mumbles deep in her mind. 'It foolish to argue with such a fool. I can understand the want to use others for your own needs, especially those beneath you, but she shows lack of vision and understanding. It be better just to turn her to ash and be done with this imbecile if she displeases you so. You are my vessel, it is in your RIGHT.'
Back to top Go down
Soroya123
Paranaturalist
Soroya123

PostSubject: Re: The Paranatural Forum RPG (Urban Edition) IC   The Paranatural Forum RPG (Urban Edition) IC - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 10, 2013 3:59 am

Diana's eyes narrow at Trish's words and she folds her arms. Your tone is displeasing, find a better one. She is trying to help in a fashion that suits her. She may be new to our world but she is not without knowledge.  
Back to top Go down
http://soroya123.tumblr.com/
Baron Von Aardvark
Paranaturalist
Baron Von Aardvark

PostSubject: Re: The Paranatural Forum RPG (Urban Edition) IC   The Paranatural Forum RPG (Urban Edition) IC - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 10, 2013 9:22 am

I'm afraid I don't see the problem. Everything that's come out of our new friend's mouth so far has made perfect sense to me.
Back to top Go down
Erie, Man of Danger
Paranaturalist
Erie, Man of Danger

PostSubject: Re: The Paranatural Forum RPG (Urban Edition) IC   The Paranatural Forum RPG (Urban Edition) IC - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 10, 2013 10:55 am

Darken voice just starts laughing. 'One that doesn't know when to keep its mouth shut. Oh, I will find this fool immensely entertaining.'

Terra gives Sam the thousand yard stare. The fact that her eyes are full reptile and the fact she has scars actually makes this quite intimidating despite her size.

"You don't see the problem with shoving others into cages, robbing them of free will, just so that you can benefit?

Don't you have a spirit to connect with, can't you tell they are just sentient as me or you? That was the coldest and cruelest thing I have ever heard.

Tell me when you grow a soul."

Right now, Sam is an enormous douchebag to Terra.
Back to top Go down
Baron Von Aardvark
Paranaturalist
Baron Von Aardvark

PostSubject: Re: The Paranatural Forum RPG (Urban Edition) IC   The Paranatural Forum RPG (Urban Edition) IC - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 10, 2013 11:39 am

Sam rolls his eyes.

Excuse me, princess, but I think you may have missed the part of the conversation where you were the first one to suggest actually capturing salamanders.

Trisha here was perfectly happy to just leave them be. You're the only one insisting on doing anything to help the gangs at all.
Back to top Go down
Erie, Man of Danger
Paranaturalist
Erie, Man of Danger

PostSubject: Re: The Paranatural Forum RPG (Urban Edition) IC   The Paranatural Forum RPG (Urban Edition) IC - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 10, 2013 11:53 am

(Umm, she did not suggest anything of the sort. I just looked back to make sure. She offered to help, definitely did not suggest at all capturing the Salamanders. Now Sam sounds like he wasn't even paying attention to put it nicely.)

Terra eyes turn quizzically. There's just this look of 'What?' On her face. Darken laughs his heart out.

"... I suggest not eating anymore of the food. I don't think it's sitting well for you.

I did not at all suggest in helping capturing Salamanders. I think you missed that part of the conversation.

And yes, I am asking to help people. Is that really hard to understand?"
Back to top Go down
Wealthy Lord Asssprite
Paranaturalist
Wealthy Lord Asssprite

PostSubject: Re: The Paranatural Forum RPG (Urban Edition) IC   The Paranatural Forum RPG (Urban Edition) IC - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 10, 2013 12:44 pm

Diana, Trisha, Sam:
You aren't listening, are you? We aren't talking owning an indoor environment that we can just add a thousand chimneys to no problem. We're talking spending the night trying to keep from freezing over in public washrooms. You start any sort of physical fire in one of those, you'll be heading to jail faster'n you can get your tush warm, nevermind how controlled you think it is. None of us that live on the streets of this city are rich enough to care about ambition or free will or anything. You don't know a thing.
Trisha angrily gets up and walks off into the crowds.

Well, that went about as well as you'd think lecturing a starving man with a plate full of steak in front of him about veganism would go, since that's essentially equivalent to what you did. She's still cool with Sam, though, so she'll probably look for him again around the end of the night. You might as well go look for another quest line.
Back to top Go down
Erie, Man of Danger
Paranaturalist
Erie, Man of Danger

PostSubject: Re: The Paranatural Forum RPG (Urban Edition) IC   The Paranatural Forum RPG (Urban Edition) IC - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 10, 2013 2:09 pm

(More like trying convince a starving man with a plate full of poison steak in front of him  is indeed full of poison as this stew that might not taste as good, won't kill them.

Seriously, they must be attacked by angry spirits all the time, Salamanders going Grudge sounds like a pleasant way to die, if not other spirits start going after the slavers)

Darken's voice grumbles. 'Fool is going to get killed. Too bad I won't be there to see it.'
Back to top Go down
Baron Von Aardvark
Paranaturalist
Baron Von Aardvark

PostSubject: Re: The Paranatural Forum RPG (Urban Edition) IC   The Paranatural Forum RPG (Urban Edition) IC - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 10, 2013 2:37 pm

I went back to check before I posted it, but it turns out I mistook one of Soroya's posts for one of yours. Woops.
However, It's quite likely that Sam wasn't listening very well since he was busy eating, and what he said about Trisha never saying they should catch Salamanders is still true, so I think it's in character for him. I'll leave it as is.

Were you not listening? She may have defended the ethics behind it, but she never said she uses them herself. In fact, I'd be willing to wager that she doesn't based on the conversation. Too much hassle, too little turnout.

And regardless of whether or not you were the first to suggest it, you really need to listen to what is coming out of your mouth. You're offering to spend entire nights sitting in the cold and the dark at your own expense in order to keep warm the exact same people you should be angry at for capturing and enslaving fire spirits. You're not a bright one, are you? Frankly, I'd rather be soulless than completely devoid of common sense.

Sam also storms off into the crowd, not willing to continue the conversation. He takes a roasted chicken with him.
Back to top Go down
Erie, Man of Danger
Paranaturalist
Erie, Man of Danger

PostSubject: Re: The Paranatural Forum RPG (Urban Edition) IC   The Paranatural Forum RPG (Urban Edition) IC - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 10, 2013 2:48 pm

'Cold and in the dark?' "... I did just showed I have my fire right? And I'm the one who needs to listen what omes out of my mouth?" She quietly asks herself.

She just shakes her head as the boy leaves. 'Fool still amazes me. One does not defend others actions so vehemently without stakes in it. Perhaps she is not innocent as you think.'

"I don't think I'll understand that boy's selfishness." 'I'm not sure he understands what 'common sense' means either.'

Her spirits were down, that's two people who refused her help. "It is never a waste of time to help others. If you keep to yourself and care about only yourself, you'll only end up alone. That's common sense."

Terra decides to go find Owstt.
Back to top Go down
leviatron
Seeing Shades
leviatron

PostSubject: Re: The Paranatural Forum RPG (Urban Edition) IC   The Paranatural Forum RPG (Urban Edition) IC - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 11, 2013 2:47 pm

"oh... cool..." mathew thinks for a second "wait, we? do you mean everyone here, or is there someone im not seeing?" mathew tries to peak around the man without looking to weird
Back to top Go down
Wealthy Lord Asssprite
Paranaturalist
Wealthy Lord Asssprite

PostSubject: Re: The Paranatural Forum RPG (Urban Edition) IC   The Paranatural Forum RPG (Urban Edition) IC - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 11, 2013 3:39 pm

Matthew:
I meant everyone here. That's what this club is, yeah? Everyone here is just here to exchange information about what's happening in the city. I love it, I get to find out all about what people need, and then all I have to do is bring it in to the city! I make a lot of money doing that, you know? And, of course, I know all about the supply business, so I can carry my weight when it comes to informing people. It's a lot of weight to make anyone else carry! HAHAHAHA!
__
Sam:
You get caught up in the crowds, hearing snippets of conversation as you pass. The nearby people seem to be milling around points to both your left and right, so everyone has their backs turned to you.
__
Terra: After a bit of wandering around, you eventually spot Owstt's unusual hairstyle. He's surrounded by people, and seems to be talking to each of them one at a time.
Back to top Go down
Soroya123
Paranaturalist
Soroya123

PostSubject: Re: The Paranatural Forum RPG (Urban Edition) IC   The Paranatural Forum RPG (Urban Edition) IC - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 11, 2013 4:20 pm

Diana looks around for somebody interesting to talk too.
Back to top Go down
Erie, Man of Danger
Paranaturalist
Erie, Man of Danger

PostSubject: Re: The Paranatural Forum RPG (Urban Edition) IC   The Paranatural Forum RPG (Urban Edition) IC - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 12, 2013 12:12 pm

Terra doesn't want to disturb or interrupt the conversations. She just stands near, listening.
Back to top Go down
Wealthy Lord Asssprite
Paranaturalist
Wealthy Lord Asssprite

PostSubject: Re: The Paranatural Forum RPG (Urban Edition) IC   The Paranatural Forum RPG (Urban Edition) IC - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 12, 2013 2:01 pm

Terra:
The conversations all follow a similar format. Someone asks him a question, and he answers it. None of the questions seem important to you, but everyone looks relieved after speaking to him. It looks like nobody is asking more than one question, though. It must be a matter of courtesy, since so many people have things to ask.
__
Diana:
You notice a single set of eyes looking at you in the crowds. Everyone else is paying attention to one of the clearly dominant speakers, or to each other, but that one person is watching you curiously.
Back to top Go down
Soroya123
Paranaturalist
Soroya123

PostSubject: Re: The Paranatural Forum RPG (Urban Edition) IC   The Paranatural Forum RPG (Urban Edition) IC - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 12, 2013 4:09 pm

Diana makes direct eye contact then heads towards the owner of the eyes.
Back to top Go down
Baron Von Aardvark
Paranaturalist
Baron Von Aardvark

PostSubject: Re: The Paranatural Forum RPG (Urban Edition) IC   The Paranatural Forum RPG (Urban Edition) IC - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 12, 2013 4:23 pm

Sam turns left, focusing on that group's conversation.
Back to top Go down
leviatron
Seeing Shades
leviatron

PostSubject: Re: The Paranatural Forum RPG (Urban Edition) IC   The Paranatural Forum RPG (Urban Edition) IC - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 13, 2013 7:14 pm

mathew does not understand the joke, so he digs through his mind for something to talk about "so if this is a place for sharing story's, then do you have any good story's?" mathew stands up and finally realizes his size compared to the man
Back to top Go down
Wealthy Lord Asssprite
Paranaturalist
Wealthy Lord Asssprite

PostSubject: Re: The Paranatural Forum RPG (Urban Edition) IC   The Paranatural Forum RPG (Urban Edition) IC - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 16, 2013 1:27 am

Diana:
You discover that the pair of eyes belong to a short, black-haired girl. You've never been here before. She apparently forgot to introduce herself.
__
Sam:
You make your way through the crowd until you can see a scarred, muscular man in a sleeveless jacket. He's talking about a spirit gang of some sort that he's gotten on the bad side of. They've been coming after me constantly every time I leave the Underworld! They can't attack me in the city because they're afraid of being branded hostile, but they've had it out for me ever since I took down Konigoblin. I can't even DRINK!
__
Matthew:
Well, sure, I've got stories! Just the other day I was out of town to meet with a supplier, driving down the highway, when it crossed over the Whiteshaft river, right, and I swear I saw the river's god just walking along the banks! Great big thing, all stopped over. Looked to me like it could use a decent chiropractor, HAHAHA!
Back to top Go down
Soroya123
Paranaturalist
Soroya123

PostSubject: Re: The Paranatural Forum RPG (Urban Edition) IC   The Paranatural Forum RPG (Urban Edition) IC - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 16, 2013 1:36 am

Indeed. She just continues to watch the other girl.
Back to top Go down
Erie, Man of Danger
Paranaturalist
Erie, Man of Danger

PostSubject: Re: The Paranatural Forum RPG (Urban Edition) IC   The Paranatural Forum RPG (Urban Edition) IC - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 16, 2013 1:45 am

Terra, feeling a little alone, again, just wanders off. Owstt seems to busy, and everyone else is having a good time.

She straightens her hat and wonders if what to do. It might be best for her just to head home.
Back to top Go down
leviatron
Seeing Shades
leviatron

PostSubject: Re: The Paranatural Forum RPG (Urban Edition) IC   The Paranatural Forum RPG (Urban Edition) IC - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 16, 2013 12:09 pm

mathew laughs along unintelligibly "HA hahaha, they must get alot of barnicles from how much they stay in the water Very Happy."
Back to top Go down
Baron Von Aardvark
Paranaturalist
Baron Von Aardvark

PostSubject: Re: The Paranatural Forum RPG (Urban Edition) IC   The Paranatural Forum RPG (Urban Edition) IC - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 18, 2013 12:54 am

Sam is intrigued.

Excuse me, sir, but what group are you talking about exactly?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Paranatural Forum RPG (Urban Edition) IC   The Paranatural Forum RPG (Urban Edition) IC - Page 7 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Paranatural Forum RPG (Urban Edition) IC

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 7 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next