The Activity Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Activity Club

For the fans of Zack Morrison's webcomic Paranatural.

PortalHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Top posters
Erie, Man of Danger
The Paranatural Forum RPG (Experiment Run) - Page 11 Vote_lcapThe Paranatural Forum RPG (Experiment Run) - Page 11 Voting_barThe Paranatural Forum RPG (Experiment Run) - Page 11 Vote_rcap 
Wealthy Lord Asssprite
The Paranatural Forum RPG (Experiment Run) - Page 11 Vote_lcapThe Paranatural Forum RPG (Experiment Run) - Page 11 Voting_barThe Paranatural Forum RPG (Experiment Run) - Page 11 Vote_rcap 
Soroya123
NinjaKitten
Baron Von Aardvark
Spidey
Leo M. R.
W!tch
Westbrook
tylerouzts
Latest topics
» Chapter Seven
The Paranatural Forum RPG (Experiment Run) - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 20, 2021 10:11 pm by ThePyromaniac

» Hear me out... (BERG theory)
The Paranatural Forum RPG (Experiment Run) - Page 11 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 06, 2020 12:32 pm by janusjekyll

» Hello Activity Club
The Paranatural Forum RPG (Experiment Run) - Page 11 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 22, 2020 9:07 am by janusjekyll

» Non-specific Greeting
The Paranatural Forum RPG (Experiment Run) - Page 11 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 04, 2020 5:05 pm by Westbrook

» (slides in) Good Evening
The Paranatural Forum RPG (Experiment Run) - Page 11 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 03, 2020 4:51 pm by Clayview

» I shout into the void
The Paranatural Forum RPG (Experiment Run) - Page 11 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 03, 2020 4:49 pm by Clayview

Statistics
We have 325 registered users
The newest registered user is AL

Our users have posted a total of 14282 messages in 355 subjects
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

The Paranatural Forum RPG (Experiment Run)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 21 ... 32  Next
AuthorMessage
Wealthy Lord Asssprite
Paranaturalist
Wealthy Lord Asssprite

The Paranatural Forum RPG (Experiment Run) - Page 11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Paranatural Forum RPG (Experiment Run)   The Paranatural Forum RPG (Experiment Run) - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 07, 2013 7:23 pm

That is a waste of resources. Arthurs mission has the smallest risk of capture. It isnt noisy, so they can take the safest possible route and move silently across town to a clear destination. You and I have to wander around looking for things, which means we cannot always choose the safest route, putting our task at middling risk. Peppers task is the riskiest, since it is noisy and her armour wont stop bullets, so if we pair Selene up with her, we end up with the minimum possible risk. Besides which, Arthur has a much lower chance of missing if Oliver is there, since he can adjust the path of the projectile as necessary. If Selene went with Arthur, the chances are that Pepper would be captured or killed and Arthur would miss the target. Remember, no matter what, do not engage the enemy. There is no scenario in which we can knock them all out before one of us is killed.
Back to top Go down
Soroya123
Paranaturalist
Soroya123

PostSubject: Re: The Paranatural Forum RPG (Experiment Run)   The Paranatural Forum RPG (Experiment Run) - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 07, 2013 9:46 pm

I concede. Your logic outweighs mine and yes, I do remember the fact that all of the Hearts are deadly plus they carry firearms. Speaking of which. she pulls out the gun of the man she interrogated gingerly. I took the liberty of relieving the guy I questioned of his firearm. Can somebody just take this? It weighs a lot and I don't know how to fire it.
Back to top Go down
http://soroya123.tumblr.com/
Baron Von Aardvark
Paranaturalist
Baron Von Aardvark

PostSubject: Re: The Paranatural Forum RPG (Experiment Run)   The Paranatural Forum RPG (Experiment Run) - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 07, 2013 11:37 pm

I nominate Arthur. He's an expert marksman, he could make better use of the weapon than the rest of us.
Back to top Go down
Erie, Man of Danger
Paranaturalist
Erie, Man of Danger

PostSubject: Re: The Paranatural Forum RPG (Experiment Run)   The Paranatural Forum RPG (Experiment Run) - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 07, 2013 11:59 pm

Pepper looks very apprensive about the gun.

Selene and Mad also are not to thrilled with the idea. "Maybe it be best if I hold onto that..." Selene suggests. "I'm not sure I'm confortable with anyone here running around with that kind of weaponry."

.................................................................................

(Hint: Ya doin it right.)
((Comments: Give Arthur the gun Shocked ))
Back to top Go down
leviatron
Seeing Shades
leviatron

PostSubject: Re: The Paranatural Forum RPG (Experiment Run)   The Paranatural Forum RPG (Experiment Run) - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 08, 2013 12:58 am

"look, selene, i dont mean to be disrespectful, but i dont trust you, not yet anyway, you could be a spy sent by the hearts, and if our info is right, maybe some unknow spaces/clubs/dimonds group, and i dont want to take that chance," arthur stands tall, beaming with courage, and a bit of pride"i doubt that anyone in here would be more capable and responsible with any sort of firearm, other then me" arthur goes into a lengthy series of storys about his training that im to lazy to bother making up myself :\
Back to top Go down
Soroya123
Paranaturalist
Soroya123

PostSubject: Re: The Paranatural Forum RPG (Experiment Run)   The Paranatural Forum RPG (Experiment Run) - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 08, 2013 1:06 am

Okay! I think we can skip the monologue here Arthur! Jeanine says quickly before he really gets on a roll I say we all just leave it here. Like, in a corner or something.
Back to top Go down
Wealthy Lord Asssprite
Paranaturalist
Wealthy Lord Asssprite

PostSubject: Re: The Paranatural Forum RPG (Experiment Run)   The Paranatural Forum RPG (Experiment Run) - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 08, 2013 2:24 am

Why not just break it? It has limited to no nonlethal capabilities, after all.
Back to top Go down
Erie, Man of Danger
Paranaturalist
Erie, Man of Danger

PostSubject: Re: The Paranatural Forum RPG (Experiment Run)   The Paranatural Forum RPG (Experiment Run) - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 08, 2013 3:06 am

"I rather like that idea." Pepper pipes in.
Back to top Go down
leviatron
Seeing Shades
leviatron

PostSubject: Re: The Paranatural Forum RPG (Experiment Run)   The Paranatural Forum RPG (Experiment Run) - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 08, 2013 1:46 pm

"if we do have to get rid of it, i suggest disasebling it instead of breaking it, that way we can make sure that it is not dischared when we dont want it to, as well as being able to put it back together if we do happen to need it"
Back to top Go down
Baron Von Aardvark
Paranaturalist
Baron Von Aardvark

PostSubject: Re: The Paranatural Forum RPG (Experiment Run)   The Paranatural Forum RPG (Experiment Run) - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 08, 2013 2:48 pm

Oliver removes the ammo cartridge, and hovers it over to Arthur.

"There. That should be enough to keep it from being used against us, and arthur can keep it in his wallet. Just as an extra measure, though, I'll see if I can't jam the safety. Let's find out..."

Oliver attempts to jam the gun's safety in way that would be reversible later.
Back to top Go down
Wealthy Lord Asssprite
Paranaturalist
Wealthy Lord Asssprite

PostSubject: Re: The Paranatural Forum RPG (Experiment Run)   The Paranatural Forum RPG (Experiment Run) - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 08, 2013 3:49 pm

I can't imagine a situation in which having a gun would be useful. Bullets don't work on spirits. I suppose we might be able to get something to tool up in there eventually, maybe?
Back to top Go down
Baron Von Aardvark
Paranaturalist
Baron Von Aardvark

PostSubject: Re: The Paranatural Forum RPG (Experiment Run)   The Paranatural Forum RPG (Experiment Run) - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 08, 2013 4:22 pm

There's that, but it also would be useful in a pinch when we're up against other spectrals, i.e., the deck. I'm sure Arthur could easily disable an opponent non-lethally with a gun like that, and barring that it's even useful as just an empty threat.
Back to top Go down
Soroya123
Paranaturalist
Soroya123

PostSubject: Re: The Paranatural Forum RPG (Experiment Run)   The Paranatural Forum RPG (Experiment Run) - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 08, 2013 4:26 pm

No. No shooting. I don't doubt your skill Arthur but I also don't feel comfortable allowing the use of this weapon. People miss. Do you want to be responsible for taking somebody's life? Let's just use it as an empty threat.
Back to top Go down
Wealthy Lord Asssprite
Paranaturalist
Wealthy Lord Asssprite

PostSubject: Re: The Paranatural Forum RPG (Experiment Run)   The Paranatural Forum RPG (Experiment Run) - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 08, 2013 4:39 pm

We absolutely will not be using this gun on any human being. You might be able to shoot them in a way that they will not die of their injuries, yes, but do you really think shooting a spectral in the leg isn't the same as killing them? A crippled spectral is defenseless, and we need to be able to protect ourselves from spirits to survive. If you put a baby bird on the forest floor and a fox eats it, it's still your fault.
Back to top Go down
Baron Von Aardvark
Paranaturalist
Baron Von Aardvark

PostSubject: Re: The Paranatural Forum RPG (Experiment Run)   The Paranatural Forum RPG (Experiment Run) - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 08, 2013 4:55 pm

I'm not exactly fond of the idea of shooting people either, but this is a vital asset that we have to use. If you send Arthur undefended into a city full of people who are hunting him with weapons identical to this, and he gets shot, isn't that just the same as leaving the bird on the forest floor? Whether he's going to use it or not, he should have the gun. If we don't use everything we have to ensure our survival, we only have ourselves to blame when we die.

Long story short, I'd rather have a few wounded knees on my conscience then a dead friend. Surely, you can't disagree with that.
Back to top Go down
Soroya123
Paranaturalist
Soroya123

PostSubject: Re: The Paranatural Forum RPG (Experiment Run)   The Paranatural Forum RPG (Experiment Run) - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 08, 2013 5:13 pm

If I were to utilize everything to ensure my survival I would be sending needles flying into the face of every hostile here. But I am not. Maybe they use guns, but that doesn't mean that we should too. 1. Guns. Come on. Like Ryan said, you would be crippling somebody which is almost like a death sentence. 2. Escalation. By using this gun we could be easily giving them a reason to use bigger weapons. There is no doubt in my mind that they have larger and more powerful weapons at hand, but using them against unarmed children would be wasteful. But if we show them we have guns to then that gives them plausible reasoning to up their weaponry.   she quickly grabs the bullets and puts them in her bag. So you can take the gun, but it is pointless without bullets, but I just said, it could have a worse effect to appear as though you have a gun. Also Oliver, you would be with him, your shield can stop bullets right? 
Back to top Go down
Wealthy Lord Asssprite
Paranaturalist
Wealthy Lord Asssprite

PostSubject: Re: The Paranatural Forum RPG (Experiment Run)   The Paranatural Forum RPG (Experiment Run) - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 08, 2013 5:18 pm

A gun cannot deflect bullets, only propel them. It is defensively worthless. Fortunately, Oliver, you can deflect bullets. That's why you're going with him. Anyways, if you have a gun, you're much more likely to fire a gun, and if you do, you will not be able to finish your mission. Gunshots are loud, so it is impossible to stay concealed while shooting. Which, of course, is your primary defense. Do not allow yourselves to be seen. If you are seen, run away. You are not bound by gravity. You can go anywhere.
Back to top Go down
Baron Von Aardvark
Paranaturalist
Baron Von Aardvark

PostSubject: Re: The Paranatural Forum RPG (Experiment Run)   The Paranatural Forum RPG (Experiment Run) - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 08, 2013 6:12 pm

Those are some perfect reasons not to give me a gun. That is why I am not asking you to give me a gun.

...I should not get into arguments I don't want to win. You may notice I've already removed the ammunition and jammed the safety. All this gun is good for now is pointing at people to discourage them from getting on your bad side. The only reason we're having this argument is because of my desire to explain the hypothetical benefits of using the weapon. I had conceded that we wouldn't be using it before the conversation had even begun.

Also, there's something I should have said earlier: Sure, I'll go with Arthur, because he's my friend and I want to help him. But I want you to keep in mind for the future that you, at least, do not give me orders.
Back to top Go down
Wealthy Lord Asssprite
Paranaturalist
Wealthy Lord Asssprite

PostSubject: Re: The Paranatural Forum RPG (Experiment Run)   The Paranatural Forum RPG (Experiment Run) - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 08, 2013 8:53 pm

Naturally. I haven't given orders. I came up with and presented the best possible course of action, that's all. We should probably get to work. Does everyone have Chase's number?
Back to top Go down
leviatron
Seeing Shades
leviatron

PostSubject: Re: The Paranatural Forum RPG (Experiment Run)   The Paranatural Forum RPG (Experiment Run) - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 08, 2013 9:04 pm

"i dont look like i do. arthur stands up and moves across the room to chase, swiping the bullets on the way, putting it away in a way that makes it look like he was taking out his phone, which he also did."dosent seem i do, whats your number chase?"

Last edited by leviatron on Sun Sep 08, 2013 9:07 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Soroya123
Paranaturalist
Soroya123

PostSubject: Re: The Paranatural Forum RPG (Experiment Run)   The Paranatural Forum RPG (Experiment Run) - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 08, 2013 9:05 pm

Yes. And Ryan, if you're not giving orders say things like "should", "maybe" and "if you are okay with it" more often. Otherwise it sounds like orders. . Jeanine smacks Arthurs hand away. What exactly do you think you are doing Arthur?

Last edited by Soroya123 on Sun Sep 08, 2013 9:14 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
leviatron
Seeing Shades
leviatron

PostSubject: Re: The Paranatural Forum RPG (Experiment Run)   The Paranatural Forum RPG (Experiment Run) - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 08, 2013 9:08 pm

im saying he took them out of her bag. also, im letting you choose weather not she notcies, but keep in mind im making him do this because they are less likely to be removed out of his wallet on an astronomic level, they would first of all need someone with the same color of specteral energy, as well as nekoshoguns, complience to work with them, if jeanine had them, all they would need is a good pickpocket.

Last edited by leviatron on Sun Sep 08, 2013 9:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Soroya123
Paranaturalist
Soroya123

PostSubject: Re: The Paranatural Forum RPG (Experiment Run)   The Paranatural Forum RPG (Experiment Run) - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 08, 2013 9:10 pm

There is no way he would be able to get those out of her bag without her noticing. .
Back to top Go down
leviatron
Seeing Shades
leviatron

PostSubject: Re: The Paranatural Forum RPG (Experiment Run)   The Paranatural Forum RPG (Experiment Run) - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 08, 2013 9:17 pm

to futher prove my point, here is his skill list
Skillz:
- Hacking*
- Pickpocketing+
- Shooting sports+
- Computer Science+
- logical reasoning
Back to top Go down
Soroya123
Paranaturalist
Soroya123

PostSubject: Re: The Paranatural Forum RPG (Experiment Run)   The Paranatural Forum RPG (Experiment Run) - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 08, 2013 9:20 pm

Yes, I saw that when Arthur was added to the character list. And Jeanine has now slapped his hand away from her messenger bag.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Paranatural Forum RPG (Experiment Run)   The Paranatural Forum RPG (Experiment Run) - Page 11 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Paranatural Forum RPG (Experiment Run)

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 11 of 32Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 21 ... 32  Next