The Activity Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Activity Club

For the fans of Zack Morrison's webcomic Paranatural.

PortalHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Top posters
Erie, Man of Danger
Anime/Manga General Discussion Topic - Page 5 Vote_lcapAnime/Manga General Discussion Topic - Page 5 Voting_barAnime/Manga General Discussion Topic - Page 5 Vote_rcap 
Wealthy Lord Asssprite
Anime/Manga General Discussion Topic - Page 5 Vote_lcapAnime/Manga General Discussion Topic - Page 5 Voting_barAnime/Manga General Discussion Topic - Page 5 Vote_rcap 
Soroya123
NinjaKitten
Baron Von Aardvark
Spidey
Leo M. R.
W!tch
Westbrook
tylerouzts
Latest topics
» Chapter Seven
Anime/Manga General Discussion Topic - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 20, 2021 10:11 pm by ThePyromaniac

» Hear me out... (BERG theory)
Anime/Manga General Discussion Topic - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 06, 2020 12:32 pm by janusjekyll

» Hello Activity Club
Anime/Manga General Discussion Topic - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 22, 2020 9:07 am by janusjekyll

» Non-specific Greeting
Anime/Manga General Discussion Topic - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 04, 2020 5:05 pm by Westbrook

» (slides in) Good Evening
Anime/Manga General Discussion Topic - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 03, 2020 4:51 pm by Clayview

» I shout into the void
Anime/Manga General Discussion Topic - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 03, 2020 4:49 pm by Clayview

Statistics
We have 325 registered users
The newest registered user is AL

Our users have posted a total of 14282 messages in 355 subjects
April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Anime/Manga General Discussion Topic

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
AuthorMessage
NinjaKitten
Paranaturalist
NinjaKitten

Anime/Manga General Discussion Topic - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anime/Manga General Discussion Topic   Anime/Manga General Discussion Topic - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 01, 2016 1:44 am

(Hey, you're back!)

ERASED is awesome. The cliffhangers kill me a little almost every time, and I almost stalk the Crunchyroll site for the next episode. I don't usually watch/read mystery things, as far as I can tell, but this show is absolutely amazing and I would totally suggest watching it.

I haven't taken a look at any of the other shows, but I might take a look at them when I get the chance/get off my butt for half a second. I had schoolwork as an excuse before, but now that I'm caught up with it all... well, I can't say that I haven't watched 'em due to school anymore.
Back to top Go down
totaldbag
New Kid
totaldbag

PostSubject: Re: Anime/Manga General Discussion Topic   Anime/Manga General Discussion Topic - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 01, 2016 1:57 am

Pandora and Musaigen are really silly, fan service-laden anime pretty much made just for levity's sake. They aren't so bad, though, I guess. I've seen worse.

And I agree. ERASED has a fantastic narrative flow that really makes you want to see the next episode. I'd say I'm pretty well invested in the story at this point. I'm actually pretty glad I gave it a look-see.

Also, Kenya is my husbando...
Back to top Go down
NinjaKitten
Paranaturalist
NinjaKitten

PostSubject: Re: Anime/Manga General Discussion Topic   Anime/Manga General Discussion Topic - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 01, 2016 2:02 am

Hmmm, I see I see...

Have you ever seen Rosario X Vampire? THAT is one EXTREMELY fan-service anime, which isn't so bad if it has a good story (like Girls Bravo) but this one... by the second season, it was just fan-service with a dash (if that) of character personalities. *shudder*
Back to top Go down
totaldbag
New Kid
totaldbag

PostSubject: Re: Anime/Manga General Discussion Topic   Anime/Manga General Discussion Topic - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 01, 2016 2:10 am

Ah, heck yeah I've seen Rosa x Vamp, and Girls Bravo. I admit I'm a bit biased when it comes to RxV since I read and managed to enjoy the manga but the anime is not exactly great, especially the second season. It isn't even a bad adaptation its just kinda off-putting. But yeah I don't really want to write off fan-service-y anime out of hand, I just don't have much patience for it. There are ways to do it right, though.

That's actually the main reason I'm not writing those two off; and, honestly, its a lot worse in Musaigen than in Pandora. Pandora is more silly moe stuff.
Back to top Go down
NinjaKitten
Paranaturalist
NinjaKitten

PostSubject: Re: Anime/Manga General Discussion Topic   Anime/Manga General Discussion Topic - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 01, 2016 2:14 am

Moe is mostly okay, as far as I know, though mostly all the fan-service-y (and similar) anime I've watched have been because I watch anime with my father (so some of my opinions mirror his.) When I choose my own anime, I think I actually tend to choose the more action/adventure type things...

But yeah. I don't mind fan-service either, as long as they don't go too overboard with it and suffocate the story/characters with boobs and butts.
Back to top Go down
totaldbag
New Kid
totaldbag

PostSubject: Re: Anime/Manga General Discussion Topic   Anime/Manga General Discussion Topic - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 01, 2016 2:24 am

Moe holds a way too precious place in my heart, even though there is pretty much no reason to like any of it. Still though, the occasional moe anime happens to be just what I need sometimes. It's just gotten kinda boring and annoying lately.

As far as genre preferences, I tend toward horror things, because, if I may get a tad stereotypical, Japanese media does horror so darn well it's uncanny. I also love any kind of dark fantasy thing like Berserk and such. Oh, and of course Mahou shoujo, and the occasional mecha.

I say 'occasional mecha' because among all the mecha I like, such as Evangelion and Gurren Lagann, I like them all for a variety of reasons, none of which have much to do with the giant fighting robots.

Last edited by totaldbag on Wed Mar 02, 2016 3:10 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
NinjaKitten
Paranaturalist
NinjaKitten

PostSubject: Re: Anime/Manga General Discussion Topic   Anime/Manga General Discussion Topic - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 01, 2016 2:33 am

Mahou Shoujo was a lot more dark than I expected when I first saw it. Horror anime... I'm not very fond of that genre. I prefer to keep the night sleepable, thankyouverymuch. But I do agree that Japan is extremely good at scaring the socks off of people. Dark fantasy is pretty cool too.
Back to top Go down
Westbrook
Spectral
Westbrook

PostSubject: Re: Anime/Manga General Discussion Topic   Anime/Manga General Discussion Topic - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 02, 2016 12:20 am

(I don't remember if I posted in this topic or not, but I used to watch a lot of anime. Not so much lately.)

I'm not a fan of fan-service-type stuff. It just gets in the way and is typically just obnoxious or demeaning.

TTGL is kind of a classic, but it has that whole bath house episode ughhhhhhhhh. And it contains really important plot points so it's not like you can skip it or anything (though I never skip any episodes of anything, I know a few people that do.)

Two animes that do really well without having fan service are Angel Beats! and Bakuman; both are really super good.

My favorite anime I think might be To Aru Kagaku no Railgun (a spinoff of Index). Both series are really fanservice-heavy at times (Index more so, though Railgun's first few episodes are just kind of nonstop) but I just love the world it builds. Academy City is just one of the coolest places.
Back to top Go down
NinjaKitten
Paranaturalist
NinjaKitten

PostSubject: Re: Anime/Manga General Discussion Topic   Anime/Manga General Discussion Topic - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 02, 2016 12:56 pm

Yes, Angel Beats is a great anime! I also like Ushio to Tora and World Trigger. I don't think there's a lot of fanservice in either of those, so maybe you should check 'em out if you have the time.
Back to top Go down
Westbrook
Spectral
Westbrook

PostSubject: Re: Anime/Manga General Discussion Topic   Anime/Manga General Discussion Topic - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 03, 2016 1:23 am

I haven't had much time for anime lately, but I'll add them to my list and mark down that you recommended them. Smile
Back to top Go down
NinjaKitten
Paranaturalist
NinjaKitten

PostSubject: Re: Anime/Manga General Discussion Topic   Anime/Manga General Discussion Topic - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 03, 2016 1:31 am

*thumbs up* I should probably do the same for the anime you guys suggested, but that requires remembering to do it and minimal effort, which as we all know are absolutely terrible things.
Back to top Go down
UniversalMonster
Seeing Shades
UniversalMonster

PostSubject: Re: Anime/Manga General Discussion Topic   Anime/Manga General Discussion Topic - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 30, 2016 10:50 am

I usually stay away from fanservice animes. There would have to be good story and characters for me to like any fanservice anime. With that said, there's this one fanservice anime I really like called Sekirei. For one, I can actually get invested and interested in what's happening even if the fanservice was taken out, but also the fanservice seems natural and doesn't seem out of place.

I had a great time watching it, and I've seen it several times already. I recommend it to anyone who can watch an anime with naked boobs in it. (My favorite character from it is Benitsubasa)
Back to top Go down
NinjaKitten
Paranaturalist
NinjaKitten

PostSubject: Re: Anime/Manga General Discussion Topic   Anime/Manga General Discussion Topic - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 30, 2016 3:36 pm

Nice! I think I can watch most any kind of anime, to be honest, but if the animation, story, and/or characters seem fake or overdone or unnatural, then I doubt it would be able to hold my attention, though I don't think I have very high standards...
Back to top Go down
UniversalMonster
Seeing Shades
UniversalMonster

PostSubject: Re: Anime/Manga General Discussion Topic   Anime/Manga General Discussion Topic - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 24, 2016 4:54 am

My friend told me that I should watch an anime called God Eater, so I downloaded 2 eps so far.

It's about an apocalyptic world where monsters run around hunting humans. They evolved from some newly discovered organism or something, and the only thing effective at beating them is weapons made from the same cells as them or something.

Anyway, after watching the first ep, I could tell it was gonna be good.
Back to top Go down
NinjaKitten
Paranaturalist
NinjaKitten

PostSubject: Re: Anime/Manga General Discussion Topic   Anime/Manga General Discussion Topic - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 17, 2017 9:32 pm

So Blue Exorcist got a second season, which decided to follow the manga and is picking up where the manga-related episodes ran out, around episode 17. I think it's pretty good so far.

What I really want to get a second season, though, is No Game No Life. I've heard rumors, but nothing definitive...

Also an anime that I watched and finished is Skip Beat. It was really good, imo, and it was the kind of anime that even my mom enjoyed, and she doesn't normally enjoy watching anime very much. I loved the main character, Kyoko!
Back to top Go down
Westbrook
Spectral
Westbrook

PostSubject: Re: Anime/Manga General Discussion Topic   Anime/Manga General Discussion Topic - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 18, 2017 3:33 am

A bunch of friends and I recently watched Re Zero: Starting Life in Another World. It was actually pretty darn good.
Back to top Go down
NinjaKitten
Paranaturalist
NinjaKitten

PostSubject: Re: Anime/Manga General Discussion Topic   Anime/Manga General Discussion Topic - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 21, 2017 10:59 pm

It was, wasn't it? There was cringe, but there was heaps of awesome to go along with it, and it was pretty dang realistic too, with the "dies over and over and sees people he cares about die too" thing.
Back to top Go down
Westbrook
Spectral
Westbrook

PostSubject: Re: Anime/Manga General Discussion Topic   Anime/Manga General Discussion Topic - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 26, 2017 1:27 am

Yeah, it was weird in places. I felt like the first half was too fast and the second half was too slow...but in retrospect it was probably fine. I love seeing series that dream up new worlds like that though!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Anime/Manga General Discussion Topic   Anime/Manga General Discussion Topic - Page 5 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Anime/Manga General Discussion Topic

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 5 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5