The Activity Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Activity Club

For the fans of Zack Morrison's webcomic Paranatural.

PortalHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Top posters
Erie, Man of Danger
General Off-Topic Discussion Topic - Page 12 Vote_lcapGeneral Off-Topic Discussion Topic - Page 12 Voting_barGeneral Off-Topic Discussion Topic - Page 12 Vote_rcap 
Wealthy Lord Asssprite
General Off-Topic Discussion Topic - Page 12 Vote_lcapGeneral Off-Topic Discussion Topic - Page 12 Voting_barGeneral Off-Topic Discussion Topic - Page 12 Vote_rcap 
Soroya123
NinjaKitten
Baron Von Aardvark
Spidey
Leo M. R.
W!tch
Westbrook
tylerouzts
Latest topics
» Chapter Seven
General Off-Topic Discussion Topic - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 20, 2021 10:11 pm by ThePyromaniac

» Hear me out... (BERG theory)
General Off-Topic Discussion Topic - Page 12 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 06, 2020 12:32 pm by janusjekyll

» Hello Activity Club
General Off-Topic Discussion Topic - Page 12 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 22, 2020 9:07 am by janusjekyll

» Non-specific Greeting
General Off-Topic Discussion Topic - Page 12 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 04, 2020 5:05 pm by Westbrook

» (slides in) Good Evening
General Off-Topic Discussion Topic - Page 12 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 03, 2020 4:51 pm by Clayview

» I shout into the void
General Off-Topic Discussion Topic - Page 12 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 03, 2020 4:49 pm by Clayview

Statistics
We have 325 registered users
The newest registered user is AL

Our users have posted a total of 14282 messages in 355 subjects
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

General Off-Topic Discussion Topic

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next
AuthorMessage
Westbrook
Spectral
Westbrook

General Off-Topic Discussion Topic - Page 12 Empty
PostSubject: Re: General Off-Topic Discussion Topic   General Off-Topic Discussion Topic - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSun May 29, 2016 12:33 am

PineapplePhone wrote:
I'm just getting started!
I read that in his voice without even needing to see the rest of the sentence. You're the best. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
PineapplePhone
New Kid
PineapplePhone

PostSubject: Re: General Off-Topic Discussion Topic   General Off-Topic Discussion Topic - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSun May 29, 2016 1:12 am

I love it when people get my references. When they don't it makes me feel like a crazy person. Did you get my other reference?
Back to top Go down
https://www.instagram.com/pineapplephone/
NinjaKitten
Paranaturalist
NinjaKitten

PostSubject: Re: General Off-Topic Discussion Topic   General Off-Topic Discussion Topic - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSun May 29, 2016 6:19 pm

Hurrah, Princess Bride!
I think I got some of the references, but definitely not all of them.
I think that drawing a kitten which is also a ninja is a wonderful idea and you should do that asap!
(haha what're you talking about I'm not a kitten I'm a totally normal human being see I don't even say "meow" at the end of my sentences or anything hahaha)
Back to top Go down
UniversalMonster
Seeing Shades
UniversalMonster

PostSubject: Re: General Off-Topic Discussion Topic   General Off-Topic Discussion Topic - Page 12 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 03, 2016 4:23 pm

I've recently stumbled upon this series of videos on game design, and they are great.

I've binged-watched all 33 videos, and one almost made me cry! Man I love video games.

GameMaker's Toolkit: https://www.youtube.com/user/McBacon1337
Back to top Go down
NinjaKitten
Paranaturalist
NinjaKitten

PostSubject: Re: General Off-Topic Discussion Topic   General Off-Topic Discussion Topic - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 04, 2016 12:27 am

Oooh, nice! They seem very useful for a prospective/hobbyist game designer like yourself!
Back to top Go down
Westbrook
Spectral
Westbrook

PostSubject: Re: General Off-Topic Discussion Topic   General Off-Topic Discussion Topic - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 04, 2016 3:47 pm

PineapplePhone wrote:
I love it when people get my references. When they don't it makes me feel like a crazy person. Did you get my other reference?
Haha, same.
+I'm not sure; which one are you referring to?
Back to top Go down
UniversalMonster
Seeing Shades
UniversalMonster

PostSubject: Re: General Off-Topic Discussion Topic   General Off-Topic Discussion Topic - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 05, 2016 6:55 am

NinjaKitten wrote:
Oooh, nice! They seem very useful for a prospective/hobbyist game designer like yourself!

Yeah! It's also just really cool to see how some games are designed to make you feel a certain way with atmosphere, or teach you about game mechanic without the need of explaining with words or tutorials at all!
Back to top Go down
NinjaKitten
Paranaturalist
NinjaKitten

PostSubject: Re: General Off-Topic Discussion Topic   General Off-Topic Discussion Topic - Page 12 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 06, 2016 12:34 pm

Yep!
I guess it's kind of similar to a book or a show or an anime or something, with the atmosphere thing. Just by adding a few details or by using a couple of specific words your emotions can be flipped upside down in a heartbeat, and it's super cool! It's also great when video games don't give you an inescapable, boring, step-by-step "this is how you walk" tutorial.

For example, Portal 2's tutorial was very amusing, and gave us some background info. While it was inescapable, it was still interesting and it was an important part of the game because of the information it provided us with about the setting and the character. Or at least, that's what i remember it being.
Back to top Go down
UniversalMonster
Seeing Shades
UniversalMonster

PostSubject: Re: General Off-Topic Discussion Topic   General Off-Topic Discussion Topic - Page 12 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 06, 2016 10:40 pm

Yeah it's really great to do stuff like that. I want to be able to make a game with those things some day.
Back to top Go down
Westbrook
Spectral
Westbrook

PostSubject: Re: General Off-Topic Discussion Topic   General Off-Topic Discussion Topic - Page 12 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 07, 2016 11:14 pm

UniversalMonster wrote:
NinjaKitten wrote:

Yeah! It's also just really cool to see how some games are designed to make you feel a certain way with atmosphere,  or teach you about game mechanic without the need of explaining with words or tutorials at all!
You hit a key point that a lot of first-party Nintendo games strive for. I was playing Super Mario 3D World and there was a level where you only had 15 seconds to beat it, but defeating enemies gave you +10 seconds on the clock. So what did it do? The level starts out with Mario falling onto a Goomba and going from 0:15 to 0:25. No words, no interstitials...just a "this is how it's going to be" and you've got it. That's an extremely, extremely strong skill to have in a game.
Back to top Go down
UniversalMonster
Seeing Shades
UniversalMonster

PostSubject: Re: General Off-Topic Discussion Topic   General Off-Topic Discussion Topic - Page 12 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 08, 2016 2:39 pm

Yeah that's pretty much what I'm talking about! It gives the game a bit of flow without breaking emersion!
Back to top Go down
NinjaKitten
Paranaturalist
NinjaKitten

PostSubject: Re: General Off-Topic Discussion Topic   General Off-Topic Discussion Topic - Page 12 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 08, 2016 3:00 pm

Yay! Video games!

But yeah, it's great when games can make it so that the tutorial fits and/or doesn't suck you out of the game world.
Back to top Go down
UniversalMonster
Seeing Shades
UniversalMonster

PostSubject: Re: General Off-Topic Discussion Topic   General Off-Topic Discussion Topic - Page 12 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 13, 2016 11:25 am

Whoa ok, does anyone else usually post on the forum through mobile? The mobile site looks like it's format has changed! (Personally I don't like it cause it doesn't tell me where new posts are. But this seems pretty new? So maybe it will be worked on for a little bit by whoever changed it???)
Back to top Go down
NinjaKitten
Paranaturalist
NinjaKitten

PostSubject: Re: General Off-Topic Discussion Topic   General Off-Topic Discussion Topic - Page 12 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 13, 2016 3:04 pm

I don't really post on the site on mobile, unless I for some reason do not have access to a computer. But if there's a new format, then that would mean that someone is working on it and changing it. Maybe it's the format for the whole forumotion thing, because I don't think any of us who actually post on this forum mess around with phone formatting for the site...
Back to top Go down
UniversalMonster
Seeing Shades
UniversalMonster

PostSubject: Re: General Off-Topic Discussion Topic   General Off-Topic Discussion Topic - Page 12 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 13, 2016 4:24 pm

Yeah, I checked on the forumotion forums and there's a topic about the new mobile version. It seems to work kinda good on their forums, but on these forums it's a little buggy, like it wont even tell me what threads have new posts. Though it's easy to figure out now, when we have more activity, it would be kinda hard to keep track of without the threads and posts highlighted in some way.

Also in the old version, the media forum lit up if there was anything new in it's Gaming Club subforum, but it doesn't do it for this version.

This version just rubs me the wrong way ;w;. There is a way for admins to change it back to the old version, but I dont know if the admin still visits these forums, or cares to change the mobile version back.
Back to top Go down
PretenseAndPoison
Seeing Shades
PretenseAndPoison

PostSubject: Re: General Off-Topic Discussion Topic   General Off-Topic Discussion Topic - Page 12 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 13, 2016 5:23 pm

I've never considered using a forum on a mobile device. Granted, the only mobile devices I have are gaming devices, I wonder if the Vita would display the site effectively...

Well, I can always check, like literally right now.
Back to top Go down
UniversalMonster
Seeing Shades
UniversalMonster

PostSubject: Re: General Off-Topic Discussion Topic   General Off-Topic Discussion Topic - Page 12 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 13, 2016 8:29 pm

Well, I think I just figured out a way to see in there's new posts on desktop mode. (Little orange post marks all the way to the right of the forum section) so I guess I can use it now.

I appealed to this place at first mostly cause of how good it's mobile version was. I don't know if it's different on modern mobile devices, but the new mobile set up is quite clunky on my galaxy S2. I dont think the desktop version will heat my phone up too bad, unless it loads like a bunch of huge images, so the art club is gonna be heck for me right now, but other than that, I should be good.
Back to top Go down
Westbrook
Spectral
Westbrook

PostSubject: Re: General Off-Topic Discussion Topic   General Off-Topic Discussion Topic - Page 12 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 14, 2016 11:56 pm

Yeah, it's nothing of our doing if it's changed. But I tried using the mobile version a couple of months ago and didn't like it, so I've never bothered anyway.
Back to top Go down
NinjaKitten
Paranaturalist
NinjaKitten

PostSubject: Re: General Off-Topic Discussion Topic   General Off-Topic Discussion Topic - Page 12 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 15, 2016 3:53 pm

I just read Cucumber Quest and OHMYGOSH IT IS THE BEST!!! It is absolutely adorable and I love it and everything's just too cute and AAAAAAAAAAH! There was many a squee had. I highly suggest that you read it!
Back to top Go down
PretenseAndPoison
Seeing Shades
PretenseAndPoison

PostSubject: Re: General Off-Topic Discussion Topic   General Off-Topic Discussion Topic - Page 12 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 15, 2016 5:44 pm

NinjaKitten wrote:
I just read Cucumber Quest and OHMYGOSH IT IS THE BEST!!! It is absolutely adorable and I love it and everything's just too cute and AAAAAAAAAAH! There was many a squee had. I highly suggest that you read it!

I'd let CQ fall to my 'once a month' checkrate on my calendar, but with that sort of endorsement I could stand to break routine.

(Oh, cool- I can see the []'s in the quotebox. So /that's/ how you embed a URL into text. Good to know)

(And of course, while noticing that, I also finally notice the "Insert URL" button. #oh.)
Back to top Go down
NinjaKitten
Paranaturalist
NinjaKitten

PostSubject: Re: General Off-Topic Discussion Topic   General Off-Topic Discussion Topic - Page 12 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 16, 2016 2:47 am

(Hahaha!)

Even if it still isn't updating too regularly, or not as regularly as you'd like, you could always just give it another readthrough! That's what I do when I get bored of waiting for updates and/or lose track of the storyline or whatever.

Also; why the walrus?
Back to top Go down
PretenseAndPoison
Seeing Shades
PretenseAndPoison

PostSubject: Re: General Off-Topic Discussion Topic   General Off-Topic Discussion Topic - Page 12 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 16, 2016 11:42 pm

NinjaKitten wrote:
(Hahaha!)

Even if it still isn't updating too regularly, or not as regularly as you'd like, you could always just give it another readthrough! That's what I do when I get bored of waiting for updates and/or lose track of the storyline or whatever.

Also; why the walrus?

I do enjoy giving comics solid re-reads (I've just finished another refresher of Schlock Mercenery's entirety up to current, and am now re-reading Guilded Age), but those too I usually keep on a schedule based off their length. My bookmarks tab takes a solid three minutes to scroll to the bottom of, but I've managed to line it up almost perfectly with my calender (I only started using the tab in the first place to keep track juuust in case of some sort of disaster ruining the calender. Like an orange soda eruption, or cat shenanigans).

And the Walrus- that started off as an in-joke between me and a cherished coworker, which escalated for a couple weeks, before this became one of my favorite pictures.

The sentence that started it all? "Screw you, I'm a walrus!"
Back to top Go down
UniversalMonster
Seeing Shades
UniversalMonster

PostSubject: Re: General Off-Topic Discussion Topic   General Off-Topic Discussion Topic - Page 12 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 17, 2016 3:47 am

Hey guys. I don't mean to change the subject, but I just thought to ask, what do the Starchman Stars represent on these forums? And would we be able to use them to buy stuff? -gasp- COULD WE HAVE OUR OWN SCHOOL bar STORE?!
Back to top Go down
NinjaKitten
Paranaturalist
NinjaKitten

PostSubject: Re: General Off-Topic Discussion Topic   General Off-Topic Discussion Topic - Page 12 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 17, 2016 8:22 pm

I don't think the stars have much use, if any, and if they did, then the ones who know what they're used for are long gone.
Back to top Go down
UniversalMonster
Seeing Shades
UniversalMonster

PostSubject: Re: General Off-Topic Discussion Topic   General Off-Topic Discussion Topic - Page 12 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 17, 2016 10:46 pm

That's too bad. I was hoping I could save up enough to buy a new car, even though I can't drive. Guess the dream is gone...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: General Off-Topic Discussion Topic   General Off-Topic Discussion Topic - Page 12 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

General Off-Topic Discussion Topic

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 12 of 16Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next