The Activity Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Activity Club

For the fans of Zack Morrison's webcomic Paranatural.

PortalHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Top posters
Erie, Man of Danger
General Off-Topic Discussion Topic - Page 13 Vote_lcapGeneral Off-Topic Discussion Topic - Page 13 Voting_barGeneral Off-Topic Discussion Topic - Page 13 Vote_rcap 
Wealthy Lord Asssprite
General Off-Topic Discussion Topic - Page 13 Vote_lcapGeneral Off-Topic Discussion Topic - Page 13 Voting_barGeneral Off-Topic Discussion Topic - Page 13 Vote_rcap 
Soroya123
NinjaKitten
Baron Von Aardvark
Spidey
Leo M. R.
W!tch
Westbrook
tylerouzts
Latest topics
» Chapter Seven
General Off-Topic Discussion Topic - Page 13 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 20, 2021 10:11 pm by ThePyromaniac

» Hear me out... (BERG theory)
General Off-Topic Discussion Topic - Page 13 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 06, 2020 12:32 pm by janusjekyll

» Hello Activity Club
General Off-Topic Discussion Topic - Page 13 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 22, 2020 9:07 am by janusjekyll

» Non-specific Greeting
General Off-Topic Discussion Topic - Page 13 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 04, 2020 5:05 pm by Westbrook

» (slides in) Good Evening
General Off-Topic Discussion Topic - Page 13 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 03, 2020 4:51 pm by Clayview

» I shout into the void
General Off-Topic Discussion Topic - Page 13 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 03, 2020 4:49 pm by Clayview

Statistics
We have 325 registered users
The newest registered user is AL

Our users have posted a total of 14282 messages in 355 subjects
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

General Off-Topic Discussion Topic

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next
AuthorMessage
PretenseAndPoison
Seeing Shades
PretenseAndPoison

General Off-Topic Discussion Topic - Page 13 Empty
PostSubject: Re: General Off-Topic Discussion Topic   General Off-Topic Discussion Topic - Page 13 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 20, 2016 7:03 am

UniversalMonster wrote:
That's too bad. I was hoping I could save up enough to buy a new car, even though I can't drive. Guess the dream is gone...

Would you have named it Guillermo?
Back to top Go down
UniversalMonster
Seeing Shades
UniversalMonster

PostSubject: Re: General Off-Topic Discussion Topic   General Off-Topic Discussion Topic - Page 13 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 20, 2016 10:16 am

I'd probably have to look at the car before deciding on a name. Though I assume you're making a reference to something, and if so, sorry for not getting it! ;w; if you'd like to explain it, I'd like to know.

Anyway, how is y'all's day been? So far mine hasn't been pleasant. Sleepy sand stuff has kinda gotten into one of my eyes and just cleaning it out and the irritation isn't something good to wake up to! On a positive note though, apparently a caterpillar got into our house and I had to put it outside before the cat got ahold of it. Caterpillars are cute!
Back to top Go down
PretenseAndPoison
Seeing Shades
PretenseAndPoison

PostSubject: Re: General Off-Topic Discussion Topic   General Off-Topic Discussion Topic - Page 13 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 22, 2016 1:07 am

UniversalMonster wrote:
I'd probably have to look at the car before deciding on a name. Though I assume you're making a reference to something,  and if so, sorry for not getting it! ;w; if you'd like to explain it, I'd like to know.

Anyway, how is y'all's day been? So far mine hasn't been pleasant. Sleepy sand stuff has kinda gotten into one of my eyes and just cleaning it out and the irritation isn't something good to wake up to! On a positive note though, apparently a caterpillar got into our house and I had to put it outside before the cat got ahold of it. Caterpillars are cute!

It was a reference to Giancarlo, which I appear to have botched. Whoops!

I had a bit of an interesting day- one of my coworkers was nearly four hours late for their shift and I had to cover their station as well as my own, so I got some practice multitasking. It was fun.

Caterpillars /are/ super cute! My cats would thankfully likely leave them alone. They only really bother anything that flies.
Back to top Go down
UniversalMonster
Seeing Shades
UniversalMonster

PostSubject: Re: General Off-Topic Discussion Topic   General Off-Topic Discussion Topic - Page 13 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 22, 2016 2:49 am

Haha omg I remember that! Though I forgot the name Giancarlo cause it's a name I never heard of before I don't think. I'm not really certain on how to pronounce it either.

That doesn't really sound like fun to me, though mainly it's cause I can't focus on more than one thing at a time. I think this was asked already, but do you work in retail?

The way caterpillars move too is pretty cute. I always wanted to have a caterpillar monster person OC, but I really only make OCs for stories or games I want them to be in.
Back to top Go down
PretenseAndPoison
Seeing Shades
PretenseAndPoison

PostSubject: Re: General Off-Topic Discussion Topic   General Off-Topic Discussion Topic - Page 13 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 25, 2016 2:46 am

UniversalMonster wrote:
Haha omg I remember that! Though I forgot the name Giancarlo cause it's a name I never heard of before I don't think. I'm not really certain on how to pronounce it either.

That doesn't really sound like fun to me, though mainly it's cause I can't focus on more than one thing at a time. I think this was asked already, but do you work in retail?

The way caterpillars move too is pretty cute. I always wanted to have a caterpillar monster person OC, but I really only make OCs for stories or games I want them to be in.

I'm still shaking my finger at my past self for only having an approximate memory of many things (student life in a nutshell #referenceinmyreference)!

The beauty of OCs is you can do whatever, whenever, however...

How wonderful would it be to be able to find active fan-RPs of all your favorite stories, right? ah...

I actually work in a restaurant, as a cook. I've been at it for about three years now.
Back to top Go down
UniversalMonster
Seeing Shades
UniversalMonster

PostSubject: Re: General Off-Topic Discussion Topic   General Off-Topic Discussion Topic - Page 13 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 25, 2016 4:00 am

Yeah, OCs are wonderful. I don't do much with them though sadly, but I'm glad I'm starting to do something with that Maggie ABC project of mine!

It looks like the RP forum here had alot of activity at one point. I assume that the lack of active members here is what made it the ghost town it is now, but I think it can be revived eventually.

Ah. A cook sounds way more glamorous than what I was thinking. I assume you work at like a non-fast-food restaurant.
Back to top Go down
PretenseAndPoison
Seeing Shades
PretenseAndPoison

PostSubject: Re: General Off-Topic Discussion Topic   General Off-Topic Discussion Topic - Page 13 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 26, 2016 1:11 am

UniversalMonster wrote:
Yeah, OCs are wonderful. I don't do much with them though sadly, but I'm glad I'm starting to do something with that Maggie ABC project of mine!

It looks like the RP forum here had alot of activity at one point. I assume that the lack of active members here is what made it the ghost town it is now, but I think it can be revived eventually.

Ah. A cook sounds way more glamorous than what I was thinking. I assume you work at like a non-fast-food restaurant.

Part of why I sought out the forum in the first (albeit delayed) place was the hope that the roleplaying scene would have some interesting backlog to read, if not any prime activity.

I'm still sifting through it.

Being a cook isn't too bad, I've gotten used to it but I still remember that distinct since of wonder I had a few days into the job- "People out there are eating what I just made. Cool". The nvoelty may have faded, but I still enjoy my work, and the presence of my coworkers. You assume correctly, btdubs- the official designation is "Bar and Grille", so it's basically like a modern tavern.
Back to top Go down
UniversalMonster
Seeing Shades
UniversalMonster

PostSubject: Re: General Off-Topic Discussion Topic   General Off-Topic Discussion Topic - Page 13 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 26, 2016 11:58 am

All I can really say is that your job sounds nice. Imagining it makes me feel good and kinda relaxed, though that's me staying away from the fact that it's hard work.
Back to top Go down
NinjaKitten
Paranaturalist
NinjaKitten

PostSubject: Re: General Off-Topic Discussion Topic   General Off-Topic Discussion Topic - Page 13 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 10, 2016 5:17 pm

I dunno, if you like doing something, then I guess that even if it's hard work, you don't really think of it as such?

I like cooking, maybe I'll try to get a job as a cook at some point...
Back to top Go down
UniversalMonster
Seeing Shades
UniversalMonster

PostSubject: Re: General Off-Topic Discussion Topic   General Off-Topic Discussion Topic - Page 13 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 10, 2016 11:00 pm

Kind of. I believe that it's still work, but if you enjoy doing it, then you don't get mentally exhausted. When I do gamedev stuff that I enjoy, I usually have to tell myself "look man, your body is hurting, take a break or it will break you!" So like, my body still feels it and the work still takes a toll on my body (mostly me sitting for a long period of time), though because I'm having fun, I'm still mentally engaged in the activity. (And for health reasons, have to make myself take breathers) I hope my point got through, I'm currently tired and forgot half the things I just typed.

Also, those ellipses got me concerned. Are you worried about something?
Back to top Go down
NinjaKitten
Paranaturalist
NinjaKitten

PostSubject: Re: General Off-Topic Discussion Topic   General Off-Topic Discussion Topic - Page 13 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 11, 2016 6:01 pm

Not especially?

I think that I use them to show that I'm trailing off in thought. (Usually about the topic at hand.) Though I guess they're also used to end a thought when I could elaborate on it or something? I dunno.
Back to top Go down
UniversalMonster
Seeing Shades
UniversalMonster

PostSubject: Re: General Off-Topic Discussion Topic   General Off-Topic Discussion Topic - Page 13 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 12, 2016 1:25 pm

I don't know, maybe I was projecting my own image on to you or something. I mean most young people in highschool worry about the whole jobs thing. I kinda worry about how to make money on my own too from time to time, but right now I'm just trying to focus on improving myself in places that matter most to me.
Back to top Go down
NinjaKitten
Paranaturalist
NinjaKitten

PostSubject: Re: General Off-Topic Discussion Topic   General Off-Topic Discussion Topic - Page 13 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 14, 2016 4:21 am

Seems like a pretty good thing to focus on to me.

I'm not really worrying about the whole job thing too much, right now, but I do think about it from time to time.
Back to top Go down
UniversalMonster
Seeing Shades
UniversalMonster

PostSubject: Re: General Off-Topic Discussion Topic   General Off-Topic Discussion Topic - Page 13 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 15, 2016 2:46 am

Yeah.

So, anyone playing Pokemon Go? I would, but phone wouldn't be able to handle it. Plus the app would be too big to fit on it with every other app I have on it.
Back to top Go down
PretenseAndPoison
Seeing Shades
PretenseAndPoison

PostSubject: Re: General Off-Topic Discussion Topic   General Off-Topic Discussion Topic - Page 13 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 16, 2016 2:16 am

I'm literally the only person at my workplace who isn't playing it. Jake caught a bellsprout in our salad bar. Then sprinted out of the building to find a Tauros. Phones have been dropped into buckets of sauce. It's anarchy! Well, it was for a couple days. People are getting proper refocused on work now that they're having a shortage of Pokeballs (there's apparently a lack of pokestops in the area).

I haven't got a phone, period. I'd love to get in on the action, though- but it doesn't seem likely.

Regarding the rest of the topic from the past couple days, focusing on your education is a smart move! (ba-dum-ts)
Back to top Go down
UniversalMonster
Seeing Shades
UniversalMonster

PostSubject: Re: General Off-Topic Discussion Topic   General Off-Topic Discussion Topic - Page 13 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 16, 2016 4:52 am

Bellsprout in the salad bar omg. Sounds like it's been a pretty wild experience so far, at your job at least. (get it, like a wild pokemon)
Back to top Go down
NinjaKitten
Paranaturalist
NinjaKitten

PostSubject: Re: General Off-Topic Discussion Topic   General Off-Topic Discussion Topic - Page 13 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 17, 2016 10:54 am

I play Pokemon Go!

Hah. Bellsprout in the salad bar is perfect. It IS a plant, after all! I think it's good that there's a shortage of Pokestops nearby, though, since they ARE there to work, not play Pokemon. That sounds like it must've been super fun, though!

Luckily for me, there are a few Pokestops right nearby my house, since I live by a couple of parks and a hospital. Though, I do still have to leave the house to get to them.

Speaking of which, I actually went on a PokeWalkTM (now the official term for taking a walk with the sole purpose of catching pokemon, hatching eggs, or other Pokemon Go-related things) the other day, and I pretty much never leave the house for something like that. Or at all, if I don't have to. It was actually quite nice. I wound up walking uphill almost the entire way, and I ended up by a lake, though I didn't have to walk home since my mom was heading downtown to do stuff and asked me if I wanted to come with. (I said yes so she picked me up.) I think I walked about one and a half miles, or around two and a half kilometers. (I hatched an egg on the walk, too!)
Back to top Go down
UniversalMonster
Seeing Shades
UniversalMonster

PostSubject: Re: General Off-Topic Discussion Topic   General Off-Topic Discussion Topic - Page 13 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 17, 2016 6:21 pm

Pokemon Go is such an amazing thing. Like, i always thought that the world would be better with real pokemon, and I'm not just talking about the "free electricity" benefits either. Traveling around with pokemon and experiencing the world. There would be hardships like normal, but with pokemon it's kinda much better. Like battling and taking care of pokemon can teach so much!

We are one step closer to being a pokemon world.
Back to top Go down
PretenseAndPoison
Seeing Shades
PretenseAndPoison

PostSubject: Re: General Off-Topic Discussion Topic   General Off-Topic Discussion Topic - Page 13 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 18, 2016 2:37 am

I used to walk a full eleven miles per day when I was a papercarrier, and I never really kicked the habit of walking around. Pokemon GO has filled my usual meandering trots with social encounters (and I get a kick out of meeting friendly people who otherwise wouldn't have cared to chat). I imagine having the game be an additional motivator to get out and about must be a rather positive influence in peoples lives!

I'd get a smartphone specifically to play it (I've done the exact same thing for the sake of an ios game before), but the circumstances that have led me to being phoneless for the past... whoah, over two years now that I think about it- haven't changed. No phone, no GO- but Sun and Moon are coming out soon and I imagine meeting people who are out playing GO will be equally beneficial for StreetPass or finding new pals to battle/trade with.
Back to top Go down
NinjaKitten
Paranaturalist
NinjaKitten

PostSubject: Re: General Off-Topic Discussion Topic   General Off-Topic Discussion Topic - Page 13 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 18, 2016 11:19 pm

So you're getting the next Pokemon generation, huh? Which one do you think you'll get? I'm kinda torn, but I think that I'll probably get Moon in the end.
Back to top Go down
PretenseAndPoison
Seeing Shades
PretenseAndPoison

PostSubject: Re: General Off-Topic Discussion Topic   General Off-Topic Discussion Topic - Page 13 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 21, 2016 2:12 am

I'm definitely going for Moon. The lion is pretty cool but I'm fond of the night, and I'm speculating that Moon is going to be the spiritual mysticism side of the coin, while Sun is seemingly setting itself up to explore theoretical sciences and practicality with the alchemy references inherent to Solgaleo.

That, and I'm basically nocturnal.

(I mean, it's not like the games are ever dramatically different from each other in terms of storyline anyways- the biggest difference I ever saw between versions was Ruby/Sapphire because of the Magma/Aqua split, and that was just dialogue and aesthetic anyways)

I'm even a little tempted to get both. Salandit ftw despite not being able to work it into context in this reply! Just, yes, Salandit. H. F. Y.
Back to top Go down
NinjaKitten
Paranaturalist
NinjaKitten

PostSubject: Re: General Off-Topic Discussion Topic   General Off-Topic Discussion Topic - Page 13 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 24, 2016 3:20 am

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH NOW I'M EVEN MORE SPLIT! Science is cool! I love science! But, I like the moon pokemon, and I like the moon, and I like nighttime! I suppose I'll just have to figure it out when the time comes...
Back to top Go down
UniversalMonster
Seeing Shades
UniversalMonster

PostSubject: Re: General Off-Topic Discussion Topic   General Off-Topic Discussion Topic - Page 13 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 08, 2016 3:31 pm

Yo guys, what is up? I've haven't been feeling the best emotionally, but hey, we got a new stove today, so I guess that's a good thing?
Back to top Go down
PretenseAndPoison
Seeing Shades
PretenseAndPoison

PostSubject: Re: General Off-Topic Discussion Topic   General Off-Topic Discussion Topic - Page 13 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 08, 2016 5:43 pm

Stoves are always great. You can cook on them! Cooking means food! Who doesn't love food?!

And since it's new, you just /know/ that it's clean under the lid.
Back to top Go down
UniversalMonster
Seeing Shades
UniversalMonster

PostSubject: Re: General Off-Topic Discussion Topic   General Off-Topic Discussion Topic - Page 13 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 08, 2016 11:40 pm

I just cooked a hotdog on it. It was ok.

Apparently tomorrow we're gonna get the front doors of our apartment replaced, though the new screen door won't be coming for a while. And at the same time, our kitchen cabinets are going to be measured for new ones to be made.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: General Off-Topic Discussion Topic   General Off-Topic Discussion Topic - Page 13 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

General Off-Topic Discussion Topic

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 13 of 16Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next